Reply to topic  [ 2859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 72  Next
Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope 
Author Message
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
Chris chuckled, "Ah well, he's not really my iron lizard. I don't think it'd be nice to take ownership of him without his permission. As for fighting styles, it's probably a mix of guns, explosives and the occasional 'use the jaws to bite something in half'. Though neither of us are really sure where we'd be most useful. I'm leaning towards the ground though since it seems like the bulk of the forces will be there."


"Ah, I'm basically the opposite. I've never been all that good with[musket]s even the new spiral etched ones. I prefer to get up close." she explained, ducking into the armory for a moment, to retrieve her weapons before returning to MT and Chris.

(Will respond to CD later, kinda busy right now.)

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9798
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Ta, Mind," Sana said, already logging into her system. She sent what seemed to be a random series of micro pulses from her system even as she started to contact the IOC central Command On the planet Darena. The pulses, however, were bound for a different point of contact somewhere off Celica's second moon where a 'black ice' relay sent the pulses off to the other side of Celica. "If Kamran's there we might be able to get a shot transmission of what's going on down there right now," she explained. "Come on, come on, pick up..." As she said it, her screen cleared to show a senior investigator. "Um, not you, sir," she said absently, "I'm waiting for... oh. Um..."
<<You called, Agent Sana?>> the Humanoid stated.
"You... you know my name?"
<<You used your access codes to make the call. Where is Agent Golta?>>
After facepalming and grimacing as she recalled she'd facepalmed on camera, Sana relayed the situation.
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hmm, you won't need to lie to her, Hive," Hannabelle asserted, taking the time to get the feel of the gun. "I know her and she knows me. She'll not ask because she'll know I'm there. Asking just confirms it."
------------------------------------------------------------------
Although he was still pretty much planning to use his normal battle armour, Corp didn't see a problem with taking a few new sections of armour to supplement his suit and a personal force field before he turned his attention to the heavy energy weapons and selected a plasma cannon. "The armour would need to be able to support my knife rig, Hive," he added, just in case Hive had better armour.

Jenny, a little like a kid in a candy shop, selected two personal forcefields, an energy shotgun, a heavy blaster, two auto-9's, and lightweight, energy absorbing, under-armour.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"It needs to be important," Jaken growled sullenly, flexing his fingers inside the power gloves; balling them into fists, putting them into claw shape and back to normal. "Or it will feel like running and I cannot run any more and still call myself Celican. We fight for those we like. I did not once and I lost all. Now I have something to lose again." He gave Rika a quick grin. "...and I never want to."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Well," Sarah said, lying back on his bed, "Ah'm no trick cyclist, man, so ah'm gonnae lie here an' if y'want ta tell me, y'can. Or y' c'n lie here wi' me next ta youse an' get some kip knowin' tha', if'n the bad dreams return? Ah'm here ta kick the ever lovin'... What the 'eck's that," she asked, sitting up as Hive's recording sounded.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:07 am, edited 6 times in total.



Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1188
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana followed along to the armory, picking up some extra plasma cartridges for her rifle, "Uh, since I can't really utilize most armor, unless you're that crazy prepared, what is a stasis trigger and what does it do?" As she asked she picked up some plasma grenades and mirrored Jenny in picking up a heavy duty shotgun. She idly picked up a personal force field, "Never really had the opportunity to use one of these... Any idea how much punishment these can take?"

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:53 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
CyberDragon Wrote:
"For the first question, you will know because he'll be the biggest, strongest Varanian around. I mean he'll be building sized. Fully armored as well. Probably carrying a heavy melee weapon and a ceremonial pistol gauntlet. For your second one, generally it will be overwhelming force, though they often use Corytophian slaves for hit-and-run or shock tactics. As far as overwhelming force goes, they have some of the most powerful brute force weapons in existence. Even their small guns are anti-armor simply from how powerful they are." He explained. "It would take a miracle for us to get this done with no innocent people hurt. It would take an even bigger one to get through this without having to kill." He said to Kolt, but while making sure that June could hear that last part.

- - - - -

Hivemind smiled sympathetically. "June, you have a great deal to prove. However, I can't authorize you to go, and you have to prove to me that you can keep it under control before I can. I'm sorry." He turned to walk away.

He knew exactly what he was doing. He put it in her mind that she needed to control herself to do what she wanted. He put it in her mind that she needed to prove herself if she wanted to go on adventures. Finally, he gave her two definite ways she could absolutely prove herself: By making sure no innocent people were hurt in this ordeal and by making sure that the Champions didn't have to kill. There was no way he could stop June from doing something she is dead set on doing. She would make it to the planet. Her power would focus on getting her what she wanted. It would focus on helping her control herself, thus eliminating bloodshed wherever she could see, and it would focus on helping her prove herself, thus hopefully minimizing the body count. This was a risky thing to do, but if she was inevitably going to be down there, he at least wanted control to be on her mind.


"Rrrgh... FINE! FORGET YOU! I'll go have an adventure MYSELF!" June complains, storming off in a huff, when the pleading and big-eye routine failed to work as intended, intent on finding her own way planet-side. After a few metres she would stop, an idea occurring to her. bolting over to a random Steelhaven ensign, ironically, the same squirrel who had the near-death experience on the bridge a day earlier, fainting as June practically bowled her over, and leaving a ghostly afterimage in her place that just sighed and grumbled "Not again..."

backing up, june rapidfired off "Hi, You'refromtheshipthatghotpickedupyesterdayrightdoesithaveteleportythingies?" pausing just long enough to get a slightly confused "yes?" before heading off again, making for the Steelhaven's hangar. The fact that she had no idea how to USE teleportation equipment not really even occurring to her or slowing her down.

- - - - - -

CyberDragon Wrote:
MT was leading the way down to the armory. "I am built for shock tactics and overwhelming offensive firepower. As a disclaimer, Chris, do not use my jaws to bite anything organic when controlling me. Bits and pieces could get in my jaw's joint and cause corrosion and jams. Metal is fine though." He said as they reached the armory and entered it.

Kobor would find that the armory is the nearest place with EVA gear.

-------------------------------

Hivemind led the recruits out of the room through the crowd of heroes also exiting, following behind Angel team. He led them down to the armory, where they would see walls and shelves lined with state-of-the-art weaponry as well as several people already there including Hannabelle, Kobor, Chris, MT, Kol, Traci, and Angel team. "Check the weapons and see if there's something you like. I'm going to the back to get you your armor. Yes, you will be needing Champion armor this mission, no that is not optional. If your power depends on your armor, then you at least need the stasis triggers." With that, he walked into the armor room.


realizing the armored duo had led her back to the armory, kol got part way through questioning "Wait, why did you take the long way here?" before stopping herself mid-word, looking at the door they just came through, the noticeably smaller door she had ducked through a moment ago, and then at MT, and just stated "Nevermind."

talya and kobor meanwhile had noticed something on the racks.
"Wait, is that my particle cannon? I thought i ditched that thing after the barrel melted. what's it doing here?"
"maybe someone retrieved it... from... the bottom... of the ocean... Right, what IS that thing doing here?"
that question of course doesn't stop the duo from mounting it in place, along with a rocket pod, a full EVA array, a booster, a gyroscopic reaction wheel array, an RCS controller, and Kobor's minigun, winding up looking more like a orbital attack drone with arms than anything else by the end of it. it's pretty obvious which front they're headed for.

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3086
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt saw what Hivemind was trying to do, and gave a knowing smirk. ”Well, we can always hope.” He said, before taking a slightly more serious look. ”Also, how do I get to the food court from here? I want to make sure I’m at full strength before we arrive.”
-
As soon as Hivemind was done talking, Liz and Lewis started taking advantage of their hammerspace pockets, grabbing one of each weapon and putting them into said pockets. Lewis himself seemed fixated on something called a “nanothorn dagger,” noting how, while it did have a blade shaped protrusion sticking out of the handle, it didn’t actually HAVE any sort of blade. ”Anyone know how these nanothorn things work?” He asked the room.
”Basically they use nanobots to sever the bonds between molecules. You press a button at the bottom of the hilt to activate it.” A pterodactyl-dragon man said, as he holstered two guns the size of his forearms.
Lewis looked over the blade again, finding the button the guy referred and pressing it. A green blur surrounded the protrusion, and faint buzz could just barely be heard. ”Oh, this has potential.” He said, before turning it off and grabbing two more to put in his pocket,

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3846
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich made his way into the armory and began browsing the rows upon rows of armaments. He picked up a simple looking rifle and, after a couple seconds of giving it a look over, flipped a switch near the grip that brought it to life. A light blue glow accompanied the condensation that slowly floated down to the floor as side panels tilted up to reveal some sort of cooling chamber. He admired it for a few seconds before flipping the switch back to its original position and slinging it over his shoulder. He picked up a pair of energy pistols and slid them into a holster on either side of his legs. Moving on he picked up heavier duty set of armor that looked like it could withstand a few good hits if it had to.

-----------

"Yeah well, shooting a bunch of guns becomes a lot easier when you have targeting computers that help you lead your target regardless of the direction they're going. Takes pretty much all of the guesswork out of things," He explained as he picked up a few sidearms for himself, just in case.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:45 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ta, Mind," Sana said, already logging into her system. She sent what seemed to be a random series of micro pulses from her system even as she started to contact the IOC central Command On the planet Darena. The pulses, however, were bound for a different point of contact somewhere off Celica's second moon where a 'black ice' relay sent the pulses off to the other side of Celica. "If Kamran's there we might be able to get a shot transmission of what's going on down there right now," she explained. "Come on, come on, pick up..." As she said it, her screen cleared to show a senior investigator. "Um, not you, sir," she said absently, "I'm waiting for... oh. Um..."
<<You called, Agent Sana?>> the Humanoid stated.
"You... you know my name?"
<<You used your access codes to make the call. Where is Agent Golta?>>
After facepalming and grimacing as she recalled she'd facepalmed on camera, Sana relayed the situation.


Once Sana had relayed the situation, Hivemind spoke up. "We are trying to get a visual on the situation. The last visual I had was from a camera mounted on a defense satalite that ended up being destroyed with three others. The invaders did not seem slowed by the Celican defenses. The Varanians looked like they had the Celican ships outnumbered three to one, and that's just what I could see. Any assistance would be welcome."

------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Hmm, you won't need to lie to her, Hive," Hannabelle asserted, taking the time to get the feel of the gun. "I know her and she knows me. She'll not ask because she'll know I'm there. Asking just confirms it."


"Right. Why don't you go introduce yourself to some of the newest people and I'll get you some armor. And be nice, they've been through a lot." He said before walking off to get Hannabelle some armor.

------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"It needs to be important," Jaken growled sullenly, flexing his fingers inside the power gloves; balling them into fists, putting them into claw shape and back to normal. "Or it will feel like running and I cannot run any more and still call myself Celican. We fight for those we like. I did not once and I lost all. Now I have something to lose again." He gave Rika a quick grin. "...and I never want to."


"We'll think of something." Hivemind said as he led Jaken out.

------------------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"Rrrgh... FINE! FORGET YOU! I'll go have an adventure MYSELF!" June complains, storming off in a huff, when the pleading and big-eye routine failed to work as intended, intent on finding her own way planet-side. After a few metres she would stop, an idea occurring to her. bolting over to a random Steelhaven ensign, ironically, the same squirrel who had the near-death experience on the bridge a day earlier, fainting as June practically bowled her over, and leaving a ghostly afterimage in her place that just sighed and grumbled "Not again..."

backing up, june rapidfired off "Hi, You'refromtheshipthatghotpickedupyesterdayrightdoesithaveteleportythingies?" pausing just long enough to get a slightly confused "yes?" before heading off again, making for the Steelhaven's hangar. The fact that she had no idea how to USE teleportation equipment not really even occurring to her or slowing her down.


June would find that since the ship was still in transit, the teleporters on the Steelhaven wouldn't work. However, there is coincidentally a Sparrow dropship nearby outfitted for a full Champion deployment and "accidentally" scheduled to fly down the moment the ship arrived. However, this was not due to luck. Hivemind left it there for her intentionally, but she didn't know that. For Hivemind's plan to work, she would have to feel the need to prove herself. She couldn't know he already trusts her.

------------------------------------

Deske Wrote:
"Yeah well, shooting a bunch of guns becomes a lot easier when you have targeting computers that help you lead your target regardless of the direction they're going. Takes pretty much all of the guesswork out of things," He explained as he picked up a few sidearms for himself, just in case.


MT, who had already equipped himself back at his house, nodded in agreement and waited for everyone to finish picking out their equipment. He wondered what Hivemind would have for him.

------------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt saw what Hivemind was trying to do, and gave a knowing smirk. ”Well, we can always hope.” He said, before taking a slightly more serious look. ”Also, how do I get to the food court from here? I want to make sure I’m at full strength before we arrive.”


"Not enough time." He said, shaking his head. "Get down to the armory. I'm bringing breakfast to you guys. Don't worry, I know to make yours as hearty as possible."

------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Although he was still pretty much planning to use his normal battle armour, Corp didn't see a problem with taking a few new sections of armour to supplement his suit and a personal force field before he turned his attention to the heavy energy weapons and selected a plasma cannon. "The armour would need to be able to support my knife rig, Hive," he added, just in case Hive had better armour.

Jenny, a little like a kid in a candy shop, selected two personal forcefields, an energy shotgun, a heavy blaster, two auto-9's, and lightweight, energy absorbing, under-armour.


Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana followed along to the armory, picking up some extra plasma cartridges for her rifle, "Uh, since I can't really utilize most armor, unless you're that crazy prepared, what is a stasis trigger and what does it do?" As she asked she picked up some plasma grenades and mirrored Jenny in picking up a heavy duty shotgun. She idly picked up a personal force field, "Never really had the opportunity to use one of these... Any idea how much punishment these can take?"


Buster Wrote:
realizing the armored duo had led her back to the armory, kol got part way through questioning "Wait, why did you take the long way here?" before stopping herself mid-word, looking at the door they just came through, the noticeably smaller door she had ducked through a moment ago, and then at MT, and just stated "Nevermind."

talya and kobor meanwhile had noticed something on the racks.
"Wait, is that my particle cannon? I thought i ditched that thing after the barrel melted. what's it doing here?"
"maybe someone retrieved it... from... the bottom... of the ocean... Right, what IS that thing doing here?"
that question of course doesn't stop the duo from mounting it in place, along with a rocket pod, a full EVA array, a booster, a gyroscopic reaction wheel array, an RCS controller, and Kobor's minigun, winding up looking more like a orbital attack drone with arms than anything else by the end of it. it's pretty obvious which front they're headed for.


Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as Hivemind was done talking, Liz and Lewis started taking advantage of their hammerspace pockets, grabbing one of each weapon and putting them into said pockets. Lewis himself seemed fixated on something called a “nanothorn dagger,” noting how, while it did have a blade shaped protrusion sticking out of the handle, it didn’t actually HAVE any sort of blade. ”Anyone know how these nanothorn things work?” He asked the room.
”Basically they use nanobots to sever the bonds between molecules. You press a button at the bottom of the hilt to activate it.” A pterodactyl-dragon man said, as he holstered two guns the size of his forearms.
Lewis looked over the blade again, finding the button the guy referred and pressing it. A green blur surrounded the protrusion, and faint buzz could just barely be heard. ”Oh, this has potential.” He said, before turning it off and grabbing two more to put in his pocket,


Deske Wrote:
Ulrich made his way into the armory and began browsing the rows upon rows of armaments. He picked up a simple looking rifle and, after a couple seconds of giving it a look over, flipped a switch near the grip that brought it to life. A light blue glow accompanied the condensation that slowly floated down to the floor as side panels tilted up to reveal some sort of cooling chamber. He admired it for a few seconds before flipping the switch back to its original position and slinging it over his shoulder. He picked up a pair of energy pistols and slid them into a holster on either side of his legs. Moving on he picked up heavier duty set of armor that looked like it could withstand a few good hits if it had to.


Hivemind came back out of the armor room pulling a cart full of crates with armor in them. He opened up the crates and started giving out armor. "Don't worry, Corp. Your armor has space for your knife rig." He said, handing some very advanced looking armor to him. "Jenny, I said I was getting you guys some armor. Here, take this. It's the same thing as what you picked, just this variant has shielding and EVA capabilities. And it won't get damaged should you need to use your power" He handed her a set of sleek light armor identical to the one she picked, except for with a closed helmet and a pressurized undersuit in addition to built in shielding as well as the properties of the armor she had picked.

"Tatiana, that gun will do fine. Make sure you still have your sniper though. As for the Stasis triggers, they activate when they detect a mortal wound and lock you in stasis until we can get you to an emergency medic. As for armor..." He pulled something out of the crate. It was much like Tatiana's armor, stylized with the signature Cheshire Cat face and grin. The main armor appeared Chrome plated, and the illuminated eyes were covered by golden lenses. "I am that crazy prepared. I built it based off of scans of your shell, so it should respond to you like the original. It has all of the bells and whistles that custom Champion armor does. Shields, EVA abilities, Stasis triggers, the whole deal. Think of it as a gift. If you don't like it, then you are fully free to use your original armor in most missions, but due to the danger you need armor with Stasis triggers at the minimum. Also, due to the fact that the first thing the Varanians will do is probably take over the Anti-Air defenses, we're going to need to do an Angel drop, hence the EVA." He moved on without really explaining what an Angel drop was.

"Kol, your environment suit is already built for missions like this. You don't need new armor." He said simply before moving on.

"Kobor, Talya..." He paused and looked at their choice of equipment. The EVA kit they picked already had a stasis trigger in it. "Good choice of equipment. You're prepared." He concluded before moving on to the next people.

"Liz, Lewis, I got you two armor as well. It isn't custom because you just joined yesterday, but it's still Champion armor and has all of the things you need for this mission." He said, handing them some fairly no-frills light armor.

He turned to Ulrich. "Good selection. I was going to give you something similar, but that armor will do. That said..." He pulled out a pair of what looked like rubber gloves. "You should take the undersuit for the gauntlets. I built it to ease the overheating problem of your Hardlight gauntlets. It should let you keep up the constructs for a bit longer and with less risk of injury."

He moved on to Traci and Rika next. "I got you two some light armor. Rika, yours is built with extra carrying capacity so you can load it with extra packs of medical pills. It also comes with a kit filled with medical and surgical tools in case of emergencies. Traci, your armor is built to compliment your speedster abilities. The joints and interior of the armor have negligible friction, so you can sustain top speed for long periods of time without wearing it down or heating it up."

"I feel like I'm forgetting some people... ah." He walked over to Chris and MT. "Chris, since MT is already EVA capable, you just need armor for the statis triggers, especially since you need a specific helmet to be linked. As such, I got a helmetless suit of medium armor for you. As for you, MT." He addressed the robot dragon. "You have everything but the trigger already. It's difficult to install a trigger in a preexisting suit of armor. Inside of a Mech, however, I can just attach it to the inside of the cockpit and it should work." He held up a strange, half-spherical device. MT opened up the cockpit and Hivemind installed it inside.

"I believe that's everyone but Kolt. Get dressed, I'll bring down some food, and we need to get ready. We'll be arriving at Celica shortly, and the moment we do it's all going to hit the fan." He finished.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Last edited by CyberDragon on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:05 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1188
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana was mesmerized by the new shell, looking it over with appreciation, "Oh my goodness! It looks so good!" Her two shells started to let out metalic clicks and scrapes as well as the sound of machinery depressurizing, with various pieces of the shells moving out of the way from the center of them both. Her her tone went from one of admiration to one of mostly business, "Any idea how well this shell will do when put up against my kinetic blow back? I'd like to use this one more, but it's kinetic withstanding is the most important feature to me."

Slowly a rather large sphere emerged from the center of Tatiana's shell, pulsating with a deep purple liquid inside of it. The purple sphere floated from the old model and into the new. Once the sphere was situated comfortably the chrome shell clapped shut with a snap, jerking to life. Tatiana rolled the new shell's shoulders, making sure it was ready to roll, "Ah, now that's the good stuff."

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:03 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9798
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Sweet stuff," Jenny said, taking her outfit into the nearby changing rooms to put it all on and test the capabilities.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Right," Corp stated. "And the dampener for this," he added, tapping his head. "It'd really help if I wasn't picking up other peoples' emotions during a drop like you've planned"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ok," Hannabelle said sharply, looking to get the attention for the moment. "Name's Hannabelle Presana. Some call me 'Death Vixen' although it's a new one on me. I'm a burned Special Agent and assassin who wants to put a bullet in several members of the government but I am NOT letting these ****** scum ravage MY planet! With that in mind I'll be going all out to kill the enemy with heavy weapon support. Ignore the look of the rifle, you DON'T want to be the target. And I will be hunting the big ones." Her eyes spoke the truth of her words.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<Felis is nearby,>> the officer told Hivemind. He looked at the readout on the screen to his left. <<It looks like they have five heavy cruisers they can apply but they're twelve hours out. I'm trying to raise more. I'll call you back.>> The line cut out.
"I'm... getting a text message from the Lappineans," she said, deliberately trying to avoid the name attached to the mail. It says they have a speciality medical cruiser in the area on a shakedown cruise with a light cruiser escort. They'll be here in three." She fumed, still trying to hide it. " He's bugged IOC headquarters!"

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3086
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt nodded and turned to walk away, before realizing something and turning around. ”So uh, I still have no idea where I am, can you open one of those portal things? Also, did you manage to finish the armor we talked about last night?” He asked, seeming a little embarrassed about how lost he was.
-
”So it’s not going to be synched up to my powers then.” Liz said, as she and her son put on the given armor. It was a little difficult at first, as it wasn’t immediately apparent how you were supposed to put it on, but some of the other Champions were able to help, and they were able to get them on in a little over a minute. ”So, which front do you want us on?” Liz asked as she finished putting on the helmet.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm
Posts: 1125
Location: England, UK
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"It needs to be important," Jaken growled sullenly, flexing his fingers inside the power gloves; balling them into fists, putting them into claw shape and back to normal. "Or it will feel like running and I cannot run any more and still call myself Celican. We fight for those we like. I did not once and I lost all. Now I have something to lose again." He gave Rika a quick grin. "...and I never want to."
CyberDragon Wrote:
"We'll think of something." Hivemind said as he led Jaken out.

"I'll see you later Jaken, promise! I'll tell you all about it when I get back!" Rika called as Hive and Jaken walked off. Once they were out of her sight, she checked if she had everything then headed to where the others went. The armory.

-----

Rika arrived just in time for Hive to give her and Traci the new armor.

CyberDragon Wrote:
"..I got you two some light armor. Rika, yours is built with extra carrying capacity so you can load it with extra packs of medical pills. It also comes with a kit filled with medical and surgical tools in case of emergencies. Traci, your armor is built to compliment your speedster abilities. The joints and interior of the armor have negligible friction, so you can sustain top speed for long periods of time without wearing it down or heating it up."

Traci looked at her new armor in wonder. It was impeccably made, just like most of Hive's creations. "Wow.." Was all she could say at the moment.

Rika checked the armor over, It was quite similar to the combat suit Traci made her, but the armored peices were attached to the suit itself with a matching helmet. "Thank you Hive, this will help immesurably." She said happily, holding it over herself.

CyberDragon Wrote:
"..Get dressed, I'll bring down some food, and we need to get ready. We'll be arriving at Celica shortly, and the moment we do it's all going to hit the fan." He finished.

In a second Traci had sped out into the changing rooms and back again with the armor on, including her helmet, and her old gear under her arm. "Done! This is SO surprisingly comfortable!" She said estatically, positively buzzing with energy. Rika blinked at Traci. "..Alright. Never seen you so excited before.." She replied flatly. "I know, right!? Quickly, go change! Go! It's really nice!" Traci said, pushing Rika towards the changing rooms. "Heyhey! Alright, alright.. I'm going!" Rika protested before walking herself into the changing rooms.

After a moment, Rika returns with her armor and her backpack on, holding her helmet down by her side. "Well, you're right. It's very comfortable. But I like it for it's practicality more.." She stated, looking over herself. Traci just giggled. "Maybe, but all in all it's still fantastic!"

_________________
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference


Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3846
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich gave Hive a thankful nod and slipped the gloves on, "Are these passive cooling or do they have an active component to them?" He gave them a flex, finding them interestingly comfortable and easy to move in.

----------

"Thanks. Also, how often can the stasis pod trigger? I'm pretty much MT's emergency services so it won't take me any time to get him sorted out." Chris said as he made his way to the changing room.

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:46 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Turning to chris, kol asked "do have any idea what he's on about? even with the translator i can't understand him half the time." gesturing toards hivemind while his attention was elswhere.

elswhere, june had completely failed to notice the second ship, boarded the steelhaven, found her way to the right room, and when it didn't just work right away decided she needed to mess with the wiring. Apparently she seems to think it wasn't repaired, or is locked out or something.

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:30 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<Felis is nearby,>> the officer told Hivemind. He looked at the readout on the screen to his left. <<It looks like they have five heavy cruisers they can apply but they're twelve hours out. I'm trying to raise more. I'll call you back.>> The line cut out.
"I'm... getting a text message from the Lappineans," she said, deliberately trying to avoid the name attached to the mail. It says they have a speciality medical cruiser in the area on a shakedown cruise with a light cruiser escort. They'll be here in three." She fumed, still trying to hide it. " He's bugged IOC headquarters!"


Hivemind knew who it was. "Why do you think he's sending a medical ship?" He asked before the computer beeped and the image from the satellite came through. Hivemind suddenly pushed his way closer to the screen to make sure what he saw was correct.

The image, shown from a different side of the planet from the one Hivemind saw earlier, showed an almost solid wall of Varanian ships completely surrounding the entire planet, and nearly all of the war satellites were gone. "There must be millions of ships in that armada..." He said, a little weakly. "What kind of Warlord could command such a force?!"

He looked back at Sana. "We have to send a message back to him. The medical ship has to hold off until I can punch a hole, otherwise they'll be torn apart before they can even reach the upper atmosphere."

---------------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt nodded and turned to walk away, before realizing something and turning around. ”So uh, I still have no idea where I am, can you open one of those portal things? Also, did you manage to finish the armor we talked about last night?” He asked, seeming a little embarrassed about how lost he was.


"Kolt, I can only open portals at portal doors. These are just regular doors. But you're on the right floor, just go down the hall that way and follow the signs that say "Armory" and "Training Center"." He said, pointing down the hall.

---------------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Ok," Hannabelle said sharply, looking to get the attention for the moment. "Name's Hannabelle Presana. Some call me 'Death Vixen' although it's a new one on me. I'm a burned Special Agent and assassin who wants to put a bullet in several members of the government but I am NOT letting these ****** scum ravage MY planet! With that in mind I'll be going all out to kill the enemy with heavy weapon support. Ignore the look of the rifle, you DON'T want to be the target. And I will be hunting the big ones." Her eyes spoke the truth of her words.


"Hannabelle, you are the painter for orbital support in this mission. Orbital support that, ultimately, I have final say on whether it is launched." Hivemind said as a second him walked in with some basic camouflaged armor for her. "In addition, there is no point in trying to intimidate the people here, many of whom have laser eyes, or super strength, or invulnerable skin, or who vomit fireballs or whatever." He sighed a little. "I understand your anger and concern, but we need to keep level heads. This is a mission where we really can't afford any mistakes." He turned to the crowd.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Sweet stuff," Jenny said, taking her outfit into the nearby changing rooms to put it all on and test the capabilities.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Right," Corp stated. "And the dampener for this," he added, tapping his head. "It'd really help if I wasn't picking up other peoples' emotions during a drop like you've planned"


"Jenny..." Hivemind said when she got back from changing. "One more thing I forgot to say about that custom armor is that it will brace your arms when you use your power. So no more breaking your arms from sustaining a sonic blast." He said before turning to Corp. "Right. I installed a dampener in the helmet before giving it to you. It's not a totally custom armor, but it will help with the psychic power." He said, pretty sure Corp didn't want his empathy revealed.

Neon Icy Wings Wrote:
Tatiana was mesmerized by the new shell, looking it over with appreciation, "Oh my goodness! It looks so good!" Her two shells started to let out metalic clicks and scrapes as well as the sound of machinery depressurizing, with various pieces of the shells moving out of the way from the center of them both. Her her tone went from one of admiration to one of mostly business, "Any idea how well this shell will do when put up against my kinetic blow back? I'd like to use this one more, but it's kinetic withstanding is the most important feature to me."

Slowly a rather large sphere emerged from the center of Tatiana's shell, pulsating with a deep purple liquid inside of it. The purple sphere floated from the old model and into the new. Once the sphere was situated comfortably the chrome shell clapped shut with a snap, jerking to life. Tatiana rolled the new shell's shoulders, making sure it was ready to roll, "Ah, now that's the good stuff."


"The material is of a higher quality than the original shell due to the better access to resources. It should hold up well against the kinetic blow back."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”So it’s not going to be synched up to my powers then.” Liz said, as she and her son put on the given armor. It was a little difficult at first, as it wasn’t immediately apparent how you were supposed to put it on, but some of the other Champions were able to help, and they were able to get them on in a little over a minute. ”So, which front do you want us on?” Liz asked as she finished putting on the helmet.


"No, I'm still working on the custom armor for the newest recruits. However, that is basic shapeshifter armor. It should be able to handle lesser changes, such as shapeshifting into your son, or shapeshifting into a small Varanian." He said in response.

~\Rook/~ Wrote:
Traci looked at her new armor in wonder. It was impeccably made, just like most of Hive's creations. "Wow.." Was all she could say at the moment.

Rika checked the armor over, It was quite similar to the combat suit Traci made her, but the armored peices were attached to the suit itself with a matching helmet. "Thank you Hive, this will help immesurably." She said happily, holding it over herself.

In a second Traci had sped out into the changing rooms and back again with the armor on, including her helmet, and her old gear under her arm. "Done! This is SO surprisingly comfortable!" She said estatically, positively buzzing with energy. Rika blinked at Traci. "..Alright. Never seen you so excited before.." She replied flatly. "I know, right!? Quickly, go change! Go! It's really nice!" Traci said, pushing Rika towards the changing rooms. "Heyhey! Alright, alright.. I'm going!" Rika protested before walking herself into the changing rooms.

After a moment, Rika returns with her armor and her backpack on, holding her helmet down by her side. "Well, you're right. It's very comfortable. But I like it for it's practicality more.." She stated, looking over herself. Traci just giggled. "Maybe, but all in all it's still fantastic!"


"Practicality is the primary focus." Hivemind said. "Your armor will be your best friend in any scenario where you need to optimize your powers or abilities. Style is secondary, but it's not hard to make high quality materials look good." He said, personally proud about how this batch of custom armor turned out.

Deske Wrote:
Ulrich gave Hive a thankful nod and slipped the gloves on, "Are these passive cooling or do they have an active component to them?" He gave them a flex, finding them interestingly comfortable and easy to move in.


"It's passive." He said simply as a response.

Deske Wrote:
"Thanks. Also, how often can the stasis pod trigger? I'm pretty much MT's emergency services so it won't take me any time to get him sorted out." Chris said as he made his way to the changing room.


"The stasis trigger can be activated or deactivated as often and as many times as it needs to be. It's a new technology, but one meant to guarantee that we never loose another champion again. It's not a technology that you cut corners on by only having it able to activate once or twice. You don't make a safety net that needs a cool down period between catching people either." He replied.

Next, he addressed everyone there. "Finally, Hannabelle has reminded me of something. Earlier I said that the no-kill rule did not apply. It still doesn't, but I would still like to emphasize to anyone on the ground that killing should still be by nessessity only. And given the Ace in the hole we have heading down there with you, I am fairly confident that you will not need to take a life. Do so if you must, but only if you must."

"Now, about the different fronts..." Hivemind said. "I want most of you on the ground. That's where the civilians we need to protect are, and that's where the Warlord will be. Corp, Liz, Lewis, Kobor, and Talya, I'm teaming you up with Wyvern." He gestured toward a dragon-like person with winged arms and a spiked tail. He wore moderately heavy forest green armor that covered his fiery red, scaly body completely. "He's another heavy hitter, and trust me, you will need more than one. I want you on the orbital front. You will be sent in a cloaked ship hauling the Hive Relay to the command vessel under the cover of as many combat drones as I can spare. At that point, you need to board with the relay. Wyvern knows how to set it up. Once that is done, it will take some time for the relay to sync with the ship. You have to protect the relay until that point."

"The rest of you will be placed in strategic points on the ground. The recruits will go with Angel team down to the capitol city. You need to make sure the anti-air defenses are secure. If they are captured by the Varanians, then providing support will be difficult." He said. "Once they've been secured, you need to protect Gadgeteer as he sets up the Hive Relay. It needs to be up and running before I can do more beyond bombarding things from orbit. The majority of the Beacon's fighting force lies in my drones and droids, and I need a relay to send them down in bulk. Finally, keep an eye out for the Warlord. You will know him because of his ceremonial gun, large melee weapon, and advanced heavy armor."

"Does everyone understand their roles?"

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9798
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Well, I'll send the message but I don't know if he'll acknowledge." Sana tapped out the message and sent it quickly. "I wonder if it's the 'Rainbow Raider'," she mused. "It's a rumour that's been going around. That the Rabbits have developed a way of completely masking a ship from scanners and eyes. Some sort of Ocular deflection shielding married with reflective plating and other what-nots. It's probably... Nah. Even if it's invisible, the other cruiser wouldn't be so..." She shrugged.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Wasn't trying to intimidate," Hannabelle said, changing into the armour right there, "merely setting out my stall. Saves time in the short run. How many ships in this attack force anyhow?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Excellent," Corp said, still not smiling as he sorted out the headset armour. He acknowledged the Wyvern with a nod.
"To pound ground and protect people," Jenny stated, putting the new pieces of armour in place. "I'm not even sure how this face plate works with a muzzle," she added from inside the armour. "How I get room to move my mouth,, I mean." She shrugged. "Probably better not to ask," she decided.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"So what am I to be doing, Mr Hive," Jaken asked tersely, holding his hands behind his back to stop himself from using them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Cherry Seena sighed, propped herself up on an elbow and looked at her mate. "I suppose we need to get up, love," she told him. "On my new leg. To see what we can do to help and all that. After all," she added with a grin and a kiss, "I'm the ultimate commlink and you're twice the Doctor most of them are."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3086
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
”Thanks. See you there.” Kolt said before racing down the halls. He arrived at the armory just in time to hear Hivemind talk about what the ground team would be doing. He gave a nod when Hivemind asked if everyone understood their roles, before gesturing to his suits gauntlet, trying to indicate he wanted to pick up the upgrade they talked about last night.
-
Liz gave a thumbs up to show she understood. Once Hivemind was done talking, she went over to Wyvern and examined the large dragon man. ”So you’re the one Hive put in charge.” She stuck out her arm for a handshake. ”Name’s Liz. Pleased to meet you.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:54 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"mostly."

"yeah i got it."

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3846
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Ulrich nodded to Hive that he understood where he was to be going.

-------

Chris stepped out of the changing room and headed back over to MT and Kol, "So there are going to be two fights going on. One on the ground and one in space. He chose a team to go to space and place a beacon on one of the enemy ships so that he can use his powers to control the enemy ships. The rest of us are going to fight on the ground, where most of the dangerous enemies are. On the ground we are going to be fighting people that look like him," he pointed a thumb at Gadgeteer, "They are very tough, very strong and very deadly. Don't get hit by their weapons and expect your weapons to do low damage to them. Lastly, look out for the Warlord. He's the biggest and strongest. He's also got fancy weapons. Don't fight him alone."

-------

"Probably a good idea," Colorado said after pulling away from the kiss. He sat up and scooted himself to the edge of the bed, "So who wants to shower first?"

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:51 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Ah." kol states, before pausing, scrunching up her face a bit to think, and asking "So... some are taking other flying lands like this one... and some are taking the lands below... But what's space? Hive mind tried to explain that one when i first woke up but it didn't make sense."

Her armor's cross between tribal and medival stylizations, the helmet etchings matching the red stripes in her fur (which look damp and are noticeably less faded than they were last night), and the fact that she keep calling guns a word that translates as muskets should be starting to click...

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3846
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Oh I get it. Your people haven't gotten that far yet. Okay okay okay," He scratched at his neck trying to find the right words to begin this conversation, "So there's the ground; the solid stuff that you stand on. Then there's the sky; that's the part that's above your head. The ground you live on is a big sphere. The sky is around that sphere, but it is really high up. You can go up into the sky, but the sky is only so high. After the sky there is space. You can think of space as similar to the sky, but it is even higher than the sky." He thought for a second, coming up with another analogy, "Okay, so your tribe has land that it owns. The edge of this land is the 'Sky'. But nobody owns the land between two tribes. That is like space. Space is the empty land between two big tribes."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:37 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, I'll send the message but I don't know if he'll acknowledge." Sana tapped out the message and sent it quickly. "I wonder if it's the 'Rainbow Raider'," she mused. "It's a rumour that's been going around. That the Rabbits have developed a way of completely masking a ship from scanners and eyes. Some sort of Ocular deflection shielding married with reflective plating and other what-nots. It's probably... Nah. Even if it's invisible, the other cruiser wouldn't be so..." She shrugged.


"We also need to contact the IOC again and warn them of this new development. That being the sheer size of the invasion force, though we should also alert them that they've been bugged. The latter won't make much of a difference, but the former will." Hivemind suggested.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"So what am I to be doing, Mr Hive," Jaken asked tersely, holding his hands behind his back to stop himself from using them.


"You're backup plan B." Hivemind said as they walked. "Specifically, the backup plan for evacuation in the event the Albatross evac birds can't do their job. Second job is that we need to figure out a plan for how to catch the people behind the assassins. I have a plan if you'd like to hear it."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Excellent," Corp said, still not smiling as he sorted out the headset armour. He acknowledged the Wyvern with a nod.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz gave a thumbs up to show she understood. Once Hivemind was done talking, she went over to Wyvern and examined the large dragon man. ”So you’re the one Hive put in charge.” She stuck out her arm for a handshake. ”Name’s Liz. Pleased to meet you.”


The Wyvern stuck out a leathery, armor coated wing, which had a functional hand attached to the underside of the wing itself, and shook Liz's hand. "Likewise." He said in a low, draconic voice fitting for his appearance. "Though you are the captain, and thus you are in charge beneath the Hive. I'm there to install the relay and make sure you don't get eaten the second we board." He said in a Joking-But-Not-Really way.

-----------------------------

Buster Wrote:
"Ah." kol states, before pausing, scrunching up her face a bit to think, and asking "So... some are taking other flying lands like this one... and some are taking the lands below... But what's space? Hive mind tried to explain that one when i first woke up but it didn't make sense."

Her armor's cross between tribal and medival stylizations, the helmet etchings matching the red stripes in her fur (which look damp and are noticeably less faded than they were last night), and the fact that she keep calling guns a word that translates as muskets should be starting to click...

Deske Wrote:
"Oh I get it. Your people haven't gotten that far yet. Okay okay okay," He scratched at his neck trying to find the right words to begin this conversation, "So there's the ground; the solid stuff that you stand on. Then there's the sky; that's the part that's above your head. The ground you live on is a big sphere. The sky is around that sphere, but it is really high up. You can go up into the sky, but the sky is only so high. After the sky there is space. You can think of space as similar to the sky, but it is even higher than the sky." He thought for a second, coming up with another analogy, "Okay, so your tribe has land that it owns. The edge of this land is the 'Sky'. But nobody owns the land between two tribes. That is like space. Space is the empty land between two big tribes."


MT looked between Kol and Chris. Even he had trouble following that analogy. "When people refer to Space as a place, they generally refer to Outer Space." MT started with his own description, favoring a more literal description of what it was. "Outer space is the area between worlds and stars where nothing exists. No ground, no sky, no air, no up, and no down. There are no forces acting on you. Nothing falls because there is nothing to fall towards. There is nothing in space save for nothingness. Everything you take for granted that you need to live is absent in space. As such, exposure to space will kill you instantly. That is, unless you have armor that provides you with what you need to survive, such as your environment suit. With that suit, you can enter outer space unharmed for a period of time."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Wasn't trying to intimidate," Hannabelle said, changing into the armour right there, "merely setting out my stall. Saves time in the short run. How many ships in this attack force anyhow?"


"It's difficult to pin down." Hivemind said uncomfortably. "It's enough to form an almost solid spherical blockade around the planet. No support will be able to assist us until I punch a hole or take over the ships." Hivemind said. He continued, knowing the question would likely pop up. "We will not have trouble getting past the blockade however. When a train hurtles toward you, you move out of the way. The Varanians know from some rather painful experience that planting ships in front of the Beacon will not slow this ship down. Even my aversion to killing can't save a ship that refuses to move out of the way when we are approaching at a high velocity. We are simply too big, and I can't stop the ship in time. All they can do is shoot at us, and the Beacon was built to handle that."

Legotron123 Wrote:
”Thanks. See you there.” Kolt said before racing down the halls. He arrived at the armory just in time to hear Hivemind talk about what the ground team would be doing. He gave a nod when Hivemind asked if everyone understood their roles, before gesturing to his suits gauntlet, trying to indicate he wanted to pick up the upgrade they talked about last night.


Hivemind replied by installing the new suit mode into Kolt's armor on the spot.

"Right. Now that everyone has been briefed, there is breakfast on the tables in the hall. Kol, Archangel, I got you both specific meals to suit your biological needs. Kolt, I also got you a special meal due to your caloric needs. Bacon, eggs, sausages, pancakes, and French Toast, all in generous proportions and with syrup on the side." Hivemind said gesturing toward the exit. "Once you've eaten, I would like ground unit teams to report to hanger F-100, and I would like for the orbital team to report to hanger S-100. We will be arriving in a matter of minutes."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9798
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Absolutely," Sana replied, typing faster than she was talking. "He's probably had them removed by now. Of course he's doing it for his own reasons. If a Lappinean ship helps us... the Celicans, it strengthens links between the predator and prey. If that ship goes down? They bled for us and it goes down even more. So you risk a few dozen lives to save unknown numbers in the future. I couldn't do it without believing I knew the outcome but he can. Grey hat scumbag."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So I'm an emergency dropship," Jaken asked with frustrated amusement in his tone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well, one or the other," Corp said, checking his knife rig. He alternated between bringing his normal blades out and the Psionic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, I'm first," Cherry chuckled, sitting next to Colorado and stroking his side. "My fur is smoother, silkier and doesn't plug up the plughole half as much." So saying she pushed herself out of the bed and padded across to the bathroom.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Should make his flagship easy to find," Hannabelle commented after Hive told her the size of the fleet. "What with them gaining actual physical stature from the size of their attack force the Warlord would have to be what, about thirty foot tall at least with a fleet that size? And weighs somewhere close to one hundred tonnes at least. So you're looking for a ship that has thirty five foot tall decks made of metal that's dense and thick enough to take a weight of over one hundred tonnes on regular impact. I once took out a junior warlord near the beginning of his career. It took an armour piercing bullet with a delayed fuse explosive core to do it. Custom made. Cost me Ten thousand credits. Nearly all my pay. And he was only twelve feet tall. That's why you don't engage this guy directly, people."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.



Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:26 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12883
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well," Sarah said, lying back on his bed, "Ah'm no trick cyclist, man, so ah'm gonnae lie here an' if y'want ta tell me, y'can. Or y' c'n lie here wi' me next ta youse an' get some kip knowin' tha', if'n the bad dreams return? Ah'm here ta kick the ever lovin'... What the 'eck's that," she asked, sitting up as Hive's recording sounded.

"Ah guess tha' means we're stuck in here fer th' day. An' tha' this universe is as messed up as oors." Cailean replies glumly, in a bad mood thanks to his nightmare.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:24 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9798
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Then y'got time t'talk," Sarah said, gently manoeuvring Cailean back onto the bed and lying back down to listen. "Ah'm all yuirs, Cailean. Ears open. If'n y'want ta talk about anything. I 'ear lyin' down's th' better t' talk."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3086
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
As soon as the download was finished, Kolt activated the mode change and watched as his suit morphed. Scale-like armor plates grew out of the nanofiber, as it’s secondary colors went from silver to gold, and the insignia on his chest shifted to be a combination of the logos for the Champions and Magni. His left arm grew some kind of cannon out of seemingly nothing, his helmet gained a crest in the form of the logo on his chest, and a faceplate grew over his muzzle. Once all the changes were finished, he looked over his new suit, admiring how different it was. Whereas before his suit could’ve easy been mistaken for regular spandex by someone who didn’t know any better, now it was clearly and undoubtedly armor, meant to protect the wearer from potential attacks. He almost looked intimidating in it, until he retracted the faceplate, revealing his massive, almost adorably dorky smile. He didn’t even say anything, just stood next to Hivemind with that goofy look on his face, ready to head to wherever Hivemind had his breakfast ready.
-
”That bad huh?” Liz said, sounding a little disturbed that their enemies considered the flesh of sapient beings an acceptable food source. ”Well, I suppose that’s more motivation not to leave anyone behind. So, changing the subject, you’ve been here a while right? Do you know where we go now?”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Last edited by Legotron123 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:57 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Deske Wrote:
"Oh I get it. Your people haven't gotten that far yet. Okay okay okay," He scratched at his neck trying to find the right words to begin this conversation, "So there's the ground; the solid stuff that you stand on. Then there's the sky; that's the part that's above your head. The ground you live on is a big sphere. The sky is around that sphere, but it is really high up. You can go up into the sky, but the sky is only so high. After the sky there is space. You can think of space as similar to the sky, but it is even higher than the sky." He thought for a second, coming up with another analogy, "Okay, so your tribe has land that it owns. The edge of this land is the 'Sky'. But nobody owns the land between two tribes. That is like space. Space is the empty land between two big tribes."


CyberDragon Wrote:
MT looked between Kol and Chris. Even he had trouble following that analogy. "When people refer to Space as a place, they generally refer to Outer Space." MT started with his own description, favoring a more literal description of what it was. "Outer space is the area between worlds and stars where nothing exists. No ground, no sky, no air, no up, and no down. There are no forces acting on you. Nothing falls because there is nothing to fall towards. There is nothing in space save for nothingness. Everything you take for granted that you need to live is absent in space. As such, exposure to space will kill you instantly. That is, unless you have armor that provides you with what you need to survive, such as your environment suit. With that suit, you can enter outer space unharmed for a period of time."


((Actually, exposure to hard vacuum is not instantly lethal. Lethal yes, instant no. Holywood loves to exaggerate that one. between the pressure and oxygen shortage you'd unconscious after a few seconds, but it would actually take several minutes for you to die.))

as she walks with the duo, Kol seems to be following along with the 'space is a borderland between worlds' analogy at first, at least up until the bit when MT chimes in, after which she starts to get that blank glazed expression that she sometimes has around hivemind. "Uh..."

CyberDragon Wrote:
"Right. Now that everyone has been briefed, there is breakfast on the tables in the hall. Kol, Archangel, I got you both specific meals to suit your biological needs. Kolt, I also got you a special meal due to your caloric needs. Bacon, eggs, sausages, pancakes, and French Toast, all in generous proportions and with syrup on the side." Hivemind said gesturing toward the exit. "Once you've eaten, I would like ground unit teams to report to hanger F-100, and I would like for the orbital team to report to hanger S-100. We will be arriving in a matter of minutes."


that's about as far as the conversation gets before it's shelved in favor of food, which Kol is making a beeline for.

across the room, kobor is loading a bunch of wax paper wrapped breakfast sandwiches into the access hatch while talya's changing her nutrient cylender, the duo apparently intending to eat on the way as they're the first ones out.

multiple decks from them June has still made no progress in finding the non-existent "problem", she has however accidentally rigged a small energy weapon she was using as a cutting tool, into a site-to-site-transport target designator.

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:53 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Absolutely," Sana replied, typing faster than she was talking. "He's probably had them removed by now. Of course he's doing it for his own reasons. If a Lappinean ship helps us... the Celicans, it strengthens links between the predator and prey. If that ship goes down? They bled for us and it goes down even more. So you risk a few dozen lives to save unknown numbers in the future. I couldn't do it without believing I knew the outcome but he can. Grey hat scumbag."


"Whatever the motivation, Celica needs all of the help they can get. But it does no good even to the Lappineans if those ships go down before the Celicans even notice them."

As he said that, Hivemind sent his own message directly to Balbury.
>I suggest you keep your ships out of range of the Varanian blockade wall.
>When your ships arrive, I will make a hole for them to enter.
>I will alert the cruisers when they have an opportunity to enter.
>They must enter exactly when I say they are clear. Too soon or too late and the ships will be destroyed.
>Please tell your cruisers to hold back when they get here and to wait for the signal to pass the blockade.


----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"So I'm an emergency dropship," Jaken asked with frustrated amusement in his tone.


"Your powers are well suited for evacuation and rescue missions. So yes, in a way you are. That being said..." Hivemind took an unexpected turn and started following signs labeled "Research and Development". "You can't go down when you are so likely to take an "accidental" plasma bolt to the back of the head, and you don't have the range to do anything from here. If you're going to help, you'll need help yourself." He opened the door to the R&D lab. Inside was a hallway with a bunch of doors, each leading to a different piece of technology being experimented with. Hivemind took a turn and opened the second door to the right.

Inside of this room, several odd looking skeletal robots, resembling holographic training dummies, lay dormant along the walls. "Telepresence droids. They're still prototypes, but they should function well enough for our purposes." He picked up a helmet in front of one of the droids. "They let you be somewhere without being there, so to speak. Wear the helmet, and... well it would be best to demonstrate." He placed the helmet on Jaken's head. Immediately the droid it was matched to shimmered and turned white. The light was brilliant, even blinding. When it faded, Jaken would see himself standing, eyes shut as if asleep, where the prototype droid was.

----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Should make his flagship easy to find," Hannabelle commented after Hive told her the size of the fleet. "What with them gaining actual physical stature from the size of their attack force the Warlord would have to be what, about thirty foot tall at least with a fleet that size? And weighs somewhere close to one hundred tonnes at least. So you're looking for a ship that has thirty five foot tall decks made of metal that's dense and thick enough to take a weight of over one hundred tonnes on regular impact. I once took out a junior warlord near the beginning of his career. It took an armour piercing bullet with a delayed fuse explosive core to do it. Custom made. Cost me Ten thousand credits. Nearly all my pay. And he was only twelve feet tall. That's why you don't engage this guy directly, people."


"Right, but that describes most Varanian ships bigger than a Cruiser. I know exactly how to identify a command ship. It is always the most technologically advanced, with most of it being streamlined stolen technology as opposed to the other ships which also incorporate more primitive Varanian technology. Anyway, Hannabelle, you should get moving too. Grab some food, then follow Angel team to hanger F-100." Hivemind said in a voice making it clear that was an order for everyone there going to ground.

Angel team was already on it's way. Archangel had grabbed some oddly glowing drumsticks and Recon picked up a foot long roast beef sandwich topped with chip crumbs. They ate as they moved. Titan and Gadgeteer however didn't grab anything. Gadgeteer had a dangerous fire in his eyes and his face was contorted into a snarling scowl as he focused ahead of him.

----------------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Well, one or the other," Corp said, checking his knife rig. He alternated between bringing his normal blades out and the Psionic.

Legotron123 Wrote:
”That bad huh?” Liz said, sounding a little disturbed that their enemies considered the flesh of sapient beings an acceptable food source. ”Well, I suppose that’s more motivation not to leave anyone behind. So, changing the subject, you’ve been here a while right? Do you know where we go now?”


"I do." The Wyvern nodded. "Grab what you can carry from the table and follow me." With that, he walked out of the door, shoving a bunch of ham and bacon from the table into his beak-like mouth as he went.

----------------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
As soon as the download was finished, Kolt activated the mode change and watched as his suit morphed. Scale-like armor plates grew out of the nanofiber, as it’s secondary colors went from silver to gold, and the insignia on his chest shifted to be a combination of the logos for the Champions and Magni. His left arm grew some kind of cannon out of seemingly nothing, his helmet gained a crest in the form of the logo on his chest, and a faceplate grew over his muzzle. Once all the changes were finished, he looked over his new suit, admiring how different it was. Whereas before his suit could’ve easy been mistaken for regular spandex by someone who didn’t know any better, now it was clearly and undoubtedly armor, meant to protect the wearer from potential attacks. He almost looked intimidating in it, until he retracted the faceplate, revealing his massive, almost adorably dorky smile. He didn’t even say anything, just stood next to Hivemind with that goofy look on his face, ready to head to wherever Hivemind had his breakfast ready.


Hivemind rolled in a cart full of food. In a hurry, however, he packed it all into a hammerspace bag and handed it to Kolt before ushering him out and telling him to follow Angel team.

----------------------------------

Not needing to eat, MT simply waited for Chris to finish up and followed behind him.

----------------------------------

"ATTENTION. THE BEACON WILL BE ARRIVING AT CELICA IN 5. 4. 3. 2. 1..." The ship shook as it exited it's jump. The Beacon continued forward at an alarming velocity toward the wall of Varanian ships, consisting of not only cruisers and destroyers, but also multiple supercarriers. Just as Hivemind had predicted, the Varanian ships immediately scattered to get out of the way of the juggernaut hurtling toward them. Once the Beacon was in range, they began to fire. The Beacon's shields held strong as it passed through the gauntlet, but Hivemind could feel the strain they were under. He needed to get closer to the planet, out of range of all of the smaller ships. Luckily the momentum from the Jump carried them where he wanted to be before the Varanian ships did any serious damage to the shields. He slowed the ship down and entered a stable orbit around the planet.

"WE ARE NOW IN ORBIT AROUND CELICA. A REMINDER THAT ACCESS TO THE OUTER RIM IS PROHIBITED UNTIL THE CONFLICT IS OVER. YOU ARE FREE TO MOVE ABOUT ANYWHERE IN THE POPULATED DISTRICTS ON THE INTERIOR OF THE SHIP. I APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE."

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9798
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Whoa," Jaken breathed in amazement before adding, with a typical Celican verve, "the droid got real handsome quick."
----------------------------------------------------------------
Corp said little but, recalling that he'd eaten very little since arriving in this universe, took a footlong Ham & Pickle sandwich for breakfast as he saw the Rat called Jenny fill a plate with various smaller munchables.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle, however, took little interest in the breakfast table beyond a token sandwich. "I had something before you arrived this morning," she claimed, "but I'll take a twelve hour ration pack."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:24 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3086
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt barely had time to grab the bag before he ran out of the room, following the Angel team to hanger F100. He made a makeshift spoon out of his forcefields and started shoveling food into his mouth, asking questions between each mouthful. ”Show ven, *GULP* what’s our plan for defending those cannons?” He asked, before shoveling another spoonful of eggs, sausage, and hash browns into his mouth.
-
Liz and Lewis each piled a bunch of food on top of a Belgian waffle before folding it in half to make some sort of breakfast taco, taking bites out of it as they ran to hanger S100. Neither one of them had the slightest clue of what to expect in this fight, but that didn’t matter. People needed their help, and they would provide it.

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:41 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12883
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Then y'got time t'talk," Sarah said, gently manoeuvring Cailean back onto the bed and lying back down to listen. "Ah'm all yuirs, Cailean. Ears open. If'n y'want ta talk about anything. I 'ear lyin' down's th' better t' talk."

Cailean allows himself to be tucked back into bed and unconsciously begins rubbing his scarred wrists, remnants of many burns from shock batons.
"Well... If'n ye really want tae ken... Ah saw an' felt it again... Watchin' th' vid screen as Aggie an' Da go inside. She's just gotten hame frae school. Th'... Utter helplessness an' terror as th' bomb fell. Ah didnae want tae watch but Ah cuidnae look awye... Ah... Ah try tae stop it. Ah try tae fight. Conall screams beside me. But they shock me wi' their battons. Agin' an' agin' an' agin. Ah cuidnae breathe. Ah..." The collie loses his composure and buries his head in Sarah's chest again.

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:06 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9798
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
"Hey, hey, it's O.K., love," Sarah said, using the term in the friendly way of Northern England as she stroked the back of Caileans' head with one hand whilst the other lay on his back. "Yer safe from them monst'rs now. Ye got me ta pr'tect you. No 'arm's comin' ta youse, right? Tell me 'bout Aggie. 'Fore that day, I mean."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We'll need to secure the area before you get to work," Corp stated, taking a few things that looked like micro mines. "What's the yield on these things? Any good for trap mining doors?"

He looked over at Liz after their guide had answered. "You sure on coming, L... Captain," he said, trying to keep concern out of his voice. "I know you can take it but it's going to get nasty over there."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:46 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:21 am
Posts: 3846
Location: Pacific Southwest, warmer than the midwest...
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Chris took a small sandwich from the table and walked back to MT, taking smile bites of it, "Just a thought, but maybe you should let me explain things to less technologically advanced beings." He finished the sandwich and rolled out his shoulders and neck. "Well, shall we," he said, gesturing towards the hanger they were supposed to be at.

---------

Ulrich took a few sandwiches and placed them carefully into his pockets for later. Hopefully they wouldn't be crushed or destroyed.

---------

Colorado scoffed at Cherry's jab, "Form over function."

_________________
Colorado Vanderbilt - BoH | Váfuðr - RaVi | Ulrich - BoH | Miguel Villalobos - LA


Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:10 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Posts: 1188
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Tatiana nodded, still 'flexing' her new body on her way out. She walked quickly, taking a simple detour to the food court and picking up a decently sized sandwich while she marched her way to hanger F-100. Once there she began to pace, unused to the scope of the action she would potentially see on the planet's surface, "So, we go down there, protect and secure anti air and set up the relay, all the while saving civvies." She seemed to mutter more towards herself than anything, like one trying to grind something into memory, taking a bite out of her sandwich as her modulator spoke for her.

_________________
My RP Character Star
My RP Character Rosal
My RP Character Amanda


Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:41 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Whoa," Jaken breathed in amazement before adding, with a typical Celican verve, "the droid got real handsome quick."


Hivemind laughed. "Thought you'd like it." He said. He walked over to the droid and switched it on. The not-Jaken's eyes shot open and it stood up straight. Jaken would be able to see through it's eyes and control it's movements and feel through it as if it were a new part of his own body. "It uses a sort of synthetic version of my technopathy, so you will be able to control it as you would your own limbs. Best part is, you can use a limited form of your own power through it. It's still just a prototype though, so it's range will probably be more limited." He explained the way the droid worked. "It's a long time work in progress, and there's only what you see in this room. Otherwise everyone would be using them in this battle, and there wouldn't have been a problem with you joining them."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp said little but, recalling that he'd eaten very little since arriving in this universe, took a footlong Ham & Pickle sandwich for breakfast as he saw the Rat called Jenny fill a plate with various smaller munchables.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz and Lewis each piled a bunch of food on top of a Belgian waffle before folding it in half to make some sort of breakfast taco, taking bites out of it as they ran to hanger S100. Neither one of them had the slightest clue of what to expect in this fight, but that didn’t matter. People needed their help, and they would provide it.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"We'll need to secure the area before you get to work," Corp stated, taking a few things that looked like micro mines. "What's the yield on these things? Any good for trap mining doors?"

He looked over at Liz after their guide had answered. "You sure on coming, L... Captain," he said, trying to keep concern out of his voice. "I know you can take it but it's going to get nasty over there."


"Those are arc diodes. They are meant for trapping doors. Something passes between them, they'll get blasted with an electric bolt." The Wyvern said about the "micro mines" as they got to the hanger. "We're here."

The hanger was rather expansive. Hooked to the dock the Wyvern was headed down was a rather trashed looking corvette class ship. Half of it was advanced, but half was crude. It brought to mind images of a goblin wearing the butchered remains of a once elegant creature, now no longer recognizable. It was definitely a Varanian ship, but chunks of it's hull were missing and it definitely didn't look space-worthy.

"We'll be going in this one." The Wyvern said, pointing to the trashed ship.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Hannabelle, however, took little interest in the breakfast table beyond a token sandwich. "I had something before you arrived this morning," she claimed, "but I'll take a twelve hour ration pack."


Hivemind handed her a pack and sent her on the way to the second hanger.

-----------------------------

Deske Wrote:
Chris took a small sandwich from the table and walked back to MT, taking smile bites of it, "Just a thought, but maybe you should let me explain things to less technologically advanced beings." He finished the sandwich and rolled out his shoulders and neck. "Well, shall we," he said, gesturing towards the hanger they were supposed to be at.


"That may be for the best. I am more inclined to answer a question about what something is with a description of it's attributes. It appears organic beings prefer a more metaphorical description relating it with something familiar. You may be better at this than I am." He said as they followed Angel team.

-----------------------------

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt barely had time to grab the bag before he ran out of the room, following the Angel team to hanger F100. He made a makeshift spoon out of his forcefields and started shoveling food into his mouth, asking questions between each mouthful. ”Show ven, *GULP* what’s our plan for defending those cannons?” He asked, before shoveling another spoonful of eggs, sausage, and hash browns into his mouth.


"The plan is to drop down and land on the IOC building and secure the AA gun there while rescuing any survivors inside. From there, we can determine what AA guns have been captured, and strategize our next move." Archangel explained as they moved. "To capture the guns, we need to take down all hostiles on the roof it's attached to and keep them away while Gadgeteer reprograms them."

They got to the hanger and Angel Team lead the group to the end of an empty dock. "We're here."

The hanger doors opened, just in time to show the wreckage of a Celican heavy cruiser fly past. Hive drones were swarming it already, searching for survivors and readying to pull the wreck into one of the larger hangers. Once it had passed, they could see Celica on the other side of the expansive void, filled with low-orbital fighters and destroyers and frigates from both sides. Clouds of debris orbited the planet where war satellites once were, and wrecked ships floated lifelessly, occasionally colliding with one another.

-----------------------------

Hivemind tried contacting the president again. "Madam President, we have arrived on sight and are preparing for an Angel drop. This line is secure. Can you tell me your location so we can ensure your safety?"

Hivemind was picking up chatter from below. From what he had gathered, most of the AA guns down below had already been captured or destroyed, and the ground forces were fighting as hard as they could, but they were burning through ammo and vehicles faster than the Varanians were burning through infantry and armor.

-----------------------------

June would find that the Steelhaven's teleporter was working now.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:14 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9798
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Just to check, Jaken had the construct open a portal whilst he struggled not to use his own hands to do it. The construct, having made the portal so Hive couldn't quite see into it, reached in and tapped Hive on the shoulder. "Got accurate wrong," the real Jaken said incorrectly, stumbling over the unfamiliar word, "it was supposed to come out there," He pointed over to one of the corners behind them. "I'll work on that."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corp selected a few of the diodes for 'later use' and followed the Wyvern. If asked directly, he'd say he probably preferred the battered old ship to the Beacon. A ship should have some dents, he figured as he followed with the Captain and Lewis.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Down below, and laden with weapons, Jenny found her place in the group. "Everyone ready for the scariest moments of your lives," she said with enforced lightness. "If you can survive the drop, you can survive the battle."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<<Leaving my post is hardly acceptable, Hivemind,>> acting President Zabta replied, he voice showing the strain she was under, <<although it would be useful to fully secure it so I can meet the people on your ship. Sooner or later.>>
"She knows something we both know," Sana said in a sing song voice after the acting President sent the co-ordinates and dropped the line. "Or she's guessed he's aboard anyhow. I wouldn't leave him alone if I were you," she added, not knowing what Jaken was up to.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle arrived in the hanger and took up position ready to go.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seena got out of the dryer and used the comber to flatten down her fur and store the static generated.

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Posts: 3086
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Kolt seemed confused by the lack of a ship in the hanger, until he heard what Jenny said about a “drop” and put the pieces together. ”Wait. Are we going to drop in from orbit with nothing but our suits!?!”
Oh no.
”Oh yes! That sounds AWESOME!!!” He said, sounding like an overexcited five year-old. ”Just one question. What feature exactly does the Champion Armor have that will let us survive this?”
-
Liz looked over the decrepit spaceship for a moment, before simply shrugging. ”Eh, I’ve flown in worse.” She said, before she and her son got in the wrecked ship. ”Now then, let’s save a planet.”

_________________
"I will be the Messiah! Hahahahaha!"
-
Support Americana! The tabletop RPG about a fantasy 50s that never was.


Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:48 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Posts: 3879
Images: 3
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
once they were at the hangar, kobor spoke up again. "So, Gameplan, Since I noticed the gear on board includes O2 packs, Is there anything stopping us from using the ship to blow up their bay door and we punch holes in every bulkhead between the entry/extraction point and the target site? I would imagine dealing with containing mass decompressions would slow down their tactical response, and this thing uses what look like .50 anti-armor." he explains brandishing the re-purposed Vulcan he kept from the mech incident.

- - - - - -

Kol pauses as they get to the bay, asking "uh... Where's the flying box?" a moment before listening to the others and taking longer than most to clue in, "wait, we're JUMPING?!"

_________________
Ribbit.
Characters


Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:30 am
Profile
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 12883
Location: Down under Down Under
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
"Hey, hey, it's O.K., love," Sarah said, using the term in the friendly way of Northern England as she stroked the back of Caileans' head with one hand whilst the other lay on his back. "Yer safe from them monst'rs now. Ye got me ta pr'tect you. No 'arm's comin' ta youse, right? Tell me 'bout Aggie. 'Fore that day, I mean."

"Okay..." Cailean agrees once he's recovered. "Aggie's our... Was our baby sister. Her full name was Agatha but she hated that. Wuidnae talk tae ye unless ye called her Aggie. She was three an' a bit human years younger than us an' still in school. She'd just brought home a new girlfriend th' day before we were taken an' declared her undyin' love for her an' her intent tae get married. Gave Da quite th' turn as he hadnae kenned she was tha' way inclined, if ye ken what Ah mean. She'd made nae secret o' it an' Ma kenned but it just never occurred tae Da." Cailean grins at the memory.
"Still, once he was o'er th' shock he was fine wi' it. He had us tae carry on th' family name sae he didnae mind who she loved so long as she was happy an' treated right. She was a canny lass though. She'd never hae fallen for someone who wuidnae respect her properly. Heh, she was a fair shot wi' a bow 'n' arrow an' even chased one too forward dog off wi' it... Dae ye hae family back in oor world, Sarah?"

_________________
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing Uncle Noob!

Image


Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:32 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Posts: 9798
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Corp looked towards Kobor. "I like this guy," he said simply. "He makes tactical sense."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeva looked around. It was going to seem strange, seeing the ship from the outside. She'd not had time to look the last time, when she'd been in the back of the lorry and her early morning walk had brought her towards the hanger as though drawn by a magnet. She'd woken up an hour or so previously, thanks to having slept most... well, some of the previous day. She'd left Dan asleep and put some light clothes on after her arm and she'd been mostly here when Hive had made his declaration. She had been expecting some of the others to be here by now and she continued walking towards the hanger until she met a door that didn't open. "Oh, come on. It's not like I'm planning on running away with the ship!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, me mam'd be th' same wi' youse," Sarah explained. "She were conned by a Jock an' divvun forgive nor f'rget. She were still breathin' las' I 'eard, though that were a few years back. Were nivvir close wi' most've m'family 'cept wor Charlie boy. Wond'r if'n 'es contacted 'em?" She shrugged. "Aggie sounds a star, like. Y'must 'ave some stories..."

_________________
The avatar is Corp Davidstow, STEELHAVEN's Chief of Security.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)


Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:41 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Posts: 2267
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace
Post Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope
Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Just to check, Jaken had the construct open a portal whilst he struggled not to use his own hands to do it. The construct, having made the portal so Hive couldn't quite see into it, reached in and tapped Hive on the shoulder. "Got accurate wrong," the real Jaken said incorrectly, stumbling over the unfamiliar word, "it was supposed to come out there," He pointed over to one of the corners behind them. "I'll work on that."


"It will take some practice." Hivemind said. "You have some time before we need to send Not-Jaken down to the planet."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp selected a few of the diodes for 'later use' and followed the Wyvern. If asked directly, he'd say he probably preferred the battered old ship to the Beacon. A ship should have some dents, he figured as he followed with the Captain and Lewis.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Liz looked over the decrepit spaceship for a moment, before simply shrugging. ”Eh, I’ve flown in worse.” She said, before she and her son got in the wrecked ship. ”Now then, let’s save a planet.”

Buster Wrote:
once they were at the hangar, kobor spoke up again. "So, Gameplan, Since I noticed the gear on board includes O2 packs, Is there anything stopping us from using the ship to blow up their bay door and we punch holes in every bulkhead between the entry/extraction point and the target site? I would imagine dealing with containing mass decompressions would slow down their tactical response, and this thing uses what look like .50 anti-armor." he explains brandishing the re-purposed Vulcan he kept from the mech incident.

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Corp looked towards Kobor. "I like this guy," he said simply. "He makes tactical sense."


The Wyvern stepped into the ship after them. The interior of the ship looked similarly crude and elegant at the same time, with obvious seams between the two different styles and levels of technology. However, on the inside, the ship didn't look damaged in the slightest.

To Kobor's suggestion, The Wyvern shook his head. "If they were anything but Varanians, you'd be on to something. But it is Varanians. This old ship doesn't have the firepower to breach the Command Ship's shields. If we attacked the command ship directly, we'd be shot down in seconds, or worse, captured. Things would go south long before we made a dent. However..." He said, gesturing to the chimeric ship around them as he relayed the current plan. "We're in a captured Varanian Corvette. It's been made up to look damaged, but it's fully functional. Hivemind's idea was that we go out there, cloaked. When we get close to the Command ship and it's vessels, we send up an alert that the ship needs repairs. The repair carrier will pick us up, and we hide on board. Once we're there, Hivemind will hit the command ship. They will be forced to head to the carrier for repairs, and that is when we board. Now..." He gestured toward the bridge. "Captain. Shall we get this ship moving?"

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
<<Leaving my post is hardly acceptable, Hivemind,>> acting President Zabta replied, he voice showing the strain she was under, <<although it would be useful to fully secure it so I can meet the people on your ship. Sooner or later.>>
"She knows something we both know," Sana said in a sing song voice after the acting President sent the co-ordinates and dropped the line. "Or she's guessed he's aboard anyhow. I wouldn't leave him alone if I were you," she added, not knowing what Jaken was up to.


Hivemind nodded to Sana, then spoke again to the acting President. "Ma'am. Can you please tell me where you are so I can get some people there to help secure your position? Are you at the capitol building?" He asked.

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Keeva looked around. It was going to seem strange, seeing the ship from the outside. She'd not had time to look the last time, when she'd been in the back of the lorry and her early morning walk had brought her towards the hanger as though drawn by a magnet. She'd woken up an hour or so previously, thanks to having slept most... well, some of the previous day. She'd left Dan asleep and put some light clothes on after her arm and she'd been mostly here when Hive had made his declaration. She had been expecting some of the others to be here by now and she continued walking towards the hanger until she met a door that didn't open. "Oh, come on. It's not like I'm planning on running away with the ship!"


Hivemind's voice sounded from a nearby communicator. "It isn't about that, Keeva. If a section of our shields go down, the outer rim becomes vulnerable to attack. Civilian access is denied for your own safety."

-----------------------------

Welsh Halfwit Wrote:
Down below, and laden with weapons, Jenny found her place in the group. "Everyone ready for the scariest moments of your lives," she said with enforced lightness. "If you can survive the drop, you can survive the battle."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hannabelle arrived in the hanger and took up position ready to go.

Legotron123 Wrote:
Kolt seemed confused by the lack of a ship in the hanger, until he heard what Jenny said about a “drop” and put the pieces together. ”Wait. Are we going to drop in from orbit with nothing but our suits!?!”
Oh no.
”Oh yes! That sounds AWESOME!!!” He said, sounding like an overexcited five year-old. ”Just one question. What feature exactly does the Champion Armor have that will let us survive this?”


"Everything." Archangel said. "Thermal shielding, Auto Pilot, EVA thrusters, Airbrake thrusters, armor locking, inertial equalizers, the whole works. Many of it invented by our own Gadgeteer." He gestured to the reptilian, but Gadgeteer didn't acknowledge him. He was focused, and looked dangerously angry. His eyes were fixed on the battle below. Whatever his thoughts, one thing was clear. To him, this fight was personal.

Buster Wrote:
Kol pauses as they get to the bay, asking "uh... Where's the flying box?" a moment before listening to the others and taking longer than most to clue in, "wait, we're JUMPING?!"


"Yep!" Recon showed up just behind them, carrying a few things. One was a bag of capsules and medical supplies, the other was a large hammer.

(For Rook)
Recon walked up to Rika and Traci. "Here. Rika, I've got some extra medical supplies for you. Traci, you left your hammer back at the armory."

"Right." Archangel said before the team lined up at the end of the dock, facing the planet below. "Everyone stick close to us, and trust your armor. Ready in five, four, three, two, one, JUMP!" Titan jumped out ahead of the rest. Archangel and Recon flanked the group, and Gadgeteer was in the rear, making sure no one broke off from the group by mistake.

MT opened up his cockpit, and when Chris was securely inside, he jumped out behind Titan.

_________________
DID SOMEONE ORDER A LAAAARGE HAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM?!?!?!

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

Game Master for Hopefall, the game of adventure, mystery, and exploration. Read it here!


Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:44 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2859 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 72  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.