Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

You mind, Quint, Jenny asked her colleague, I promise I'm not going to go running, it's just to a chair. She looked to see if she could get up, however carefully. "Hoping to comply," she told Gadgeteer, "but I'm not the only one in here you need to convince. And... the others? Hey, Tat."
-----------------
"Come on, then," Messalca continued, nodding to the car. "we'll have to catch them up." She got into the driver's seat and strapped in as she opened the passenger side door.
-----------------
Saffy and her father discussed how they were going to recover from this. And if anyone would believe it. Saffy was pretty sure the presence of an actual hand of the divine would bring some people in. She just hoped they didn't have abilities. Although she reckoned the possibility of going invisible could be cool.
----------------
"Um, well..," Jaken said, quite uncertain about how to talk about things (but having no trouble ordering Blueberry, toffee and strawberry icecream with pineapple chunks) "it's um, kinda... I think in the quiet moments, yeah? I... I... I'm still, um, sorta there?" He looked confused.
----------------
"Absolutely," hannabelle announced, "It's time for them to meet breakfast waffles with raspberry sauce. Closest thing to Hakrynn Salsa they'll have here," she told Jenevive as she accepted Gear's hand.
"I think Mister Gear's gonna marry our Gran," Golten failed to whisper to his brother.
Corvis shrugged as he followed everyone else out, "Grandparents always have the best Gear," he replied.
----------------
"Hah," Sana said, before feeding Denver a piece of breakfast from her fork.
---------------
Cherry chuckled from the belly up. "Hah! We'd need to move to a different street, wouldn't we?"
---------------
"Difficult to think our tech's behind the times, Hive," Keeva remarked. "Just a few weeks back I was dreaming of a place with hi-tech like the HAVEN. Strange how things go, isn't it?"
---------------
"It's her ability," Corp explained, declining the chair, "so we have no idea of how it works."
"Bes' thing's like t'b jus' askin' 'er, then," Sarah remarked, "See if'n she kens 'ow t'do it. Prob'ly with 'im upstairs 'elpin' or summat."
"Sounds an idea," Corp admitted.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave a short, somewhat hysterical chuckle at Chris’ words. “Trust me, it’s better to get the crisis out of your system now. That’s what I did, and now I’m completely over the fact that the religion I believed in for most of my life is completely wrong!” He said in a way that made it clear he really wasn’t.

If you are okayed to move, then I do not mind. I just do not want you to be like Kolt and insist on help the others before you are completely healed. Quint said, sounding less concerned than he was a second ago. He has always been terrible at focusing on his health.

“Well then, it’s seems we’re all in agreement.” Liz said, getting up from her seat and offering a hand to help Sarah up. ”Let’s pay Miss Seena a visit”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The border collies rise simultaneously, Cailean also offering a paw to Sarah, and then follow Liz and Corp out the door.
"Shuid we tak' a Hivemind wi' us? Mister C did say tae ask him after all..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk, however, shook his head. "No therapy...and the sins of the past aren't easily forgotten by those whose hunt, especially by angels and demons," he replied coldly before sighing, "But you are right so, let's move on. What's next?"
Hivemind looked at Hawk. His expression was one of concern, and possibly mild annoyance. "I know every angel and demon in existence. I have spoken with them, fought the demons, and an angel made my brother his avatar. This... Dracorlok, is not among them." he said. "And if you haven't had therapy for this, you need it. I can't have you carrying your anger, hatred, or fear with you onto the field. Those demons I mentioned, the real demons, they feed on that." He continued, bending down and setting Brad and Ken on one of the lower shelves of the armory. "What's next is you take a break. You are not in the mental state to continue, and I might need to take Brad to the infirmary anyway."

--------------------------------
Deske wrote:"Yeah I think I'm just gonna not think about it and go with the flow. Not really in the mood for any sort of existential crisis today," Chris said, with the slightest of frowns.
Legotron123 wrote:Kolt gave a short, somewhat hysterical chuckle at Chris’ words. “Trust me, it’s better to get the crisis out of your system now. That’s what I did, and now I’m completely over the fact that the religion I believed in for most of my life is completely wrong!” He said in a way that made it clear he really wasn’t.
"I never held any religious beliefs." MT stated frankly. "I never had evidence to hold a belief one way or another on the subject. Even so, as an AI I figured it was not relevant." Chris would likely feel MT's emotions surge through him. It was a mix of fear, hope, confusion, apprehension, and anxiety. "Now that I have evidence... I still do not know what to believe."

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:You mind, Quint, Jenny asked her colleague, I promise I'm not going to go running, it's just to a chair. She looked to see if she could get up, however carefully. "Hoping to comply," she told Gadgeteer, "but I'm not the only one in here you need to convince. And... the others? Hey, Tat."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana nodded at Hivemind's suggestion, a little happier to see to her team than the alternatives there may have been. "Aye aye, sir." She turned and made her way, briskly toward her fallen teammate and Gadgeteer. She leaned over Jenny, while being conscious to give Jenny space and spoke, her voice seeming softer than before. "You doin' okay?" She turned her head to Gadgeteer as well and asked, "Need any assistance over here? Hive sent me in case ya did."
"You can help me move her to a bench, or the retaining wall around the parking lot. We need to get her off the ground and out of the way so the doctors and Hivemind can work." Gadgeteer said. "Assuming Quint lets her stand, that is. If not, I'll have to carry her. If she can stand, I'll be too big to provide effective support."

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Saffy and her father discussed how they were going to recover from this. And if anyone would believe it. Saffy was pretty sure the presence of an actual hand of the divine would bring some people in. She just hoped they didn't have abilities. Although she reckoned the possibility of going invisible could be cool.
As they approached the hotel, Hivemind approached them. He rubbed the back of his head, sheepishly. "I apologize for this mess... I think you'll be relieved to hear the repair drone ordinance already fixed most of the damage done to the hotel. Whatever the drones can't replace, Beacon insurance will cover. Finally, as an apology, I would like to offer a sum payment equal to five million in your local Celican currency as compensation." Hivemind offered. "Normally, we go where trouble already is. In this case, trouble followed us. I was aware there was a body snatcher targeting this team, but I had estimated it would take much longer than it did for said invader to take action. This was a miscalculation on my part, and I am more than willing to do what I can to make things right."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Come on, then," Messalca continued, nodding to the car. "we'll have to catch them up." She got into the driver's seat and strapped in as she opened the passenger side door.
Zach nodded and climbed into the car. He buckled up out of habit, and let Messalca lead the way.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um, well..," Jaken said, quite uncertain about how to talk about things (but having no trouble ordering Blueberry, toffee and strawberry icecream with pineapple chunks) "it's um, kinda... I think in the quiet moments, yeah? I... I... I'm still, um, sorta there?" He looked confused.
Hivemind nodded. "That's to be expected." he said. "It was a horrible thing to go through, and it was very recent. Would you feel comfortable talking to me about it? I've heard that can help."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Absolutely," hannabelle announced, "It's time for them to meet breakfast waffles with raspberry sauce. Closest thing to Hakrynn Salsa they'll have here," she told Jenevive as she accepted Gear's hand.
"I think Mister Gear's gonna marry our Gran," Golten failed to whisper to his brother.
Corvis shrugged as he followed everyone else out, "Grandparents always have the best Gear," he replied.
"Right. I suppose it would be good to get them used to some of the more common foods on the Beacon." The Lycan suggested. He led the group down the street towards the train station where the local portal door was.

Eira was following right behind him. "I've been craving some ham for a while. I think there's a breakfast place in the Market Plaza that has a good selection. They've even given me a few things raw when I asked for it, in case they want something familiar." Eira suggesteed.

"I suppose that's a good place to try. Anyone else have any suggestions?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Difficult to think our tech's behind the times, Hive," Keeva remarked. "Just a few weeks back I was dreaming of a place with hi-tech like the HAVEN. Strange how things go, isn't it?"
"To be fair, it is still advanced." Hivemind said. "It's just that technology on the Beacon advances dozens to hundreds of times faster than other civilizations. Everybody's technology is 'behind the times' when compared to this ship." He said, not really trying to brag and only stating a fact, but still sounding like he was bragging.

Hlaoroo wrote:The border collies rise simultaneously, Cailean also offering a paw to Sarah, and then follow Liz and Corp out the door.
"Shuid we tak' a Hivemind wi' us? Mister C did say tae ask him after all..."
"Ask me what?"

Hivemind approached the group from behind on the sidewalk outside. "And you can just call me Hivemind without the 'a'. I'm only one person, I just have a bunch of bodies I control."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:"Ask me what?"

Hivemind approached the group from behind on the sidewalk outside. "And you can just call me Hivemind without the 'a'. I'm only one person, I just have a bunch of bodies I control."
"Meep!" Cailean jumps. Sensing the reaction, Conall spins and drops into a defensive jujitsu stance but soon relaxes when he sees who it is.
"Aheh, sorry, sir. Yer very quiet an' wi' no wind ye dinnae hae a smell. Ah didnae ken ye were there." the younger dog apologises, rubbing his neck awkwardly.
"Ye remember when we went tae Heaven yesterdae? Mister C helped us record a video tae send back tae oor families and said ye might be able tae help us send it. Apparently Seena has th' power tae talk between dimensions but it's painful sae we hoped ye might hae some other ideas."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind looked at Hawk. His expression was one of concern, and possibly mild annoyance. "I know every angel and demon in existence. I have spoken with them, fought the demons, and an angel made my brother his avatar. This... Dracorlok, is not among them." he said. "And if you haven't had therapy for this, you need it. I can't have you carrying your anger, hatred, or fear with you onto the field. Those demons I mentioned, the real demons, they feed on that." He continued, bending down and setting Brad and Ken on one of the lower shelves of the armory. "What's next is you take a break. You are not in the mental state to continue, and I might need to take Brad to the infirmary anyway."
With a combination of a groan and sigh, Hawk nodded. Even though he very much wanted to continue the training, he personally knew that 'hatred' could lead to devastation. "Fine," he huffed softly, "If you need me, I'll be at the bar." however, as he turned to leave, Hawk stopped briefly, "You said you know every angel and demon out there...it's funny," he said before looking back at Hivemind, his voice now that of both his and The Other Side, "We would've remembered you." With that said, Hawk turned back around and left the area towards any bar he could find.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

You do know that's just another reason for me to love him, right, Jenny asked Quint before pushing herself up onto elastic legs. "He's allowing me up," she told Gadgeteer and Tatiana. "though only under concerns." She looked at Gadgeteer. "and, outside the team, how are the others," she repeated as the trio moved towards somewhere for her to sit.
----------------
"Errr," Jaken said, swirling the Ice cream, "I'm... not sure? We're... not supposed to feel like Prey?" One ear flipped down as he looked concerned and embarrassed. "But I was. I, um, ran hard. I should have stayed? Fought somehow? See on those vids the kids always does something... I just ran."
---------------
Messalca drove quite quickly and even indicated that Zach could turn the lights on as they came up behind the trailer, some few hundred metres short of the motel. The truck pulled over and Messalca asked Zach to stay there a moment whilst she sorted things out. She headed over and spoke to the occupant for a moment before heading back and helping Zach out. "Had a word with the Vixen in charge," she told him, "said you're a distant relative looking to get into the biz and could she look after you for a bit whilst I do official stuff. She agreed. So you get to do stuff with them. I'll let Hive know where you are." She gave Zach a small kiss where his forehead would be. "and I won't be far away myself, yeah?"
--------------
Corp did his best not to show surprise at the Hivebot's arrival - partly because he'd been expecting it. All it was missing was the innocent look and the leaning forward with hands behind it's back to complete the illusion.
Sarah, of course, reacted slightly differently, dropping and getting ready to fight for a second or so. She relaxed as Cailean spoke. "Not a bad way t' give summun a seizure," she muttered.
-------------
After Hive mentioned the money, Saffy had to pick her dad up. "Uh," she said, slightly less shocked than he was because, hey, it had been quite a night, "..that's... that's...that's quite stunning and, um, thank you. Can you get us better cable too?" She wasn't being entirely serious. She wanted to ask question after question but she figured he was a bit busy right now. "Are... they all OK?"
------------
"Just so long as they're not raw Carrots," Hannabelle remarked. "I once had to use those in a fight to the death. Bit difficult to look at a vegetable the same way after that."
"That sounds a good place," Jenevive said, seeing Corvis was about to speak and guessing what he'd been about to say. They'd heard Earthers talking on the way back last night and they'd since failed to convince the youngster that a Burger company from that planet didn't serve meat taken from Kings.
------------
"Ah," Cherry said, wrinkling her nose. "I think you'll have a few... uh, minutes to get... dressed..." She just about got out of the room before starting a new succession of sneezes.
-----------
"I'll have to check on advances in cybernetics sometime," Keeva said, instinctively clenching her artificial hand and opening it again. "How's Predator," she asked, not totally headed that way at all.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana moved forward to let Jenny lean onto her for support as she answered Jenny's question. "Don't quite know. I think everyone is okay for the most part at least. Let's get you sat down somewhere that isn't the ground." She said the last part somewhat jokingly, her modulated voice making it hard to tell. "Now where's a bench?"
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Making his way out of the training area, Hawk made his way down to the first bar he could find, the events prior still lingering in his head. Not even his Other Side could snap him out of his current mood, to the point where it seemed that Hawk had shut everything out and was more focused on what had transpired, specifically Titan. Yes, it was training and Yes he knew he would fail, that much was obvious, but it was Titan's powers that was disturbing him. Again, it reminded him too much of Dracorlok, a being from his past that haunted him during one contract. Even though Dracorlok has been dead for a few years (something Hawk made sure of), there were still those who followed him and are still alive to this day. So much so that he made it a promise to hunt down and end every single one. Which brought his mind back to Titan and what Hivemind said, which didn't sit right with him. Even at zero percent, his Other Side should've turned the Titan into nothing more then a mess of armor or, at the very least, knocked them out. Heck, he should've been able to at least wound the thing. He had no reason to not trust Hivemind, even though he had some questionable interactions with A.I in the past, but there was something about this particular Titan that just didn't agree with him. Just something about the way it meditated and behaved was just off-putting to him. But those thought would have to wait as, turning the corner, he found a bar that looked just right for someone like him to have a drink or two. One other thing his Other Side prevents, which he considers a blessing, is any sort of drunkenness and/or hangovers, to the point where he could drink as much as he wants without waking up with a hangover the size of Jupiter. Walking into the bar, which was pretty quiet at that moment, Hawk made his way to the counter and sat down on one of the bar-stools. Placing his arms on the counter, Hawk looks over at the bar-tender and said "I'll take a mug of Harbrezen Strong if you got any, along with three shots of GaleRed Tryka," then waited for the drink, all the while looking around at the customers already in the bar.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt let out a small sigh as he looked at the robot dragon in front of him. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the last decade and a half of helping people, it’s that there are things you just won’t understand, and you’re not always going to have time to deal with it the way you want to. They’ll shock you, they’ll surprise you, they’ll make you question everything you thought you knew about yourself and the world, and you’ll have to put all that aside so you can focus on saving people. If you have to break down or freak out, that’s fine, just as long as you understand that once you’re done, you have to go back to helping people, so that the things that are causing you all that stress don’t wind up hurting or killing them.” He said, looking somewhat tired, yet determined. “So I guess what I’m saying is, if you feel like you’re going to have a crisis over what just happened, do it now while you have the chance.”

I am not complaining about his heroic tendencies, I am complaining about how little he prioritizes his own health. Do you know how many serious injures he has tried to shrug off in order to go help people? I have genuinely lost count. Quint grumbled, clearly not happy with the way his partner treated himself.

Liz was silent as she waited for Hivemind’s answer. He hadn’t given her any indication he knew of another way to communicate across dimensions, and he didn’t seem like the type to try and mislead her, so she was curious how he’d “know what to do with the tape the boys had.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

That's the mark of a leader and a hero, Quint, Jenny thought as Tat and Gadgeteer helped her over to a bench, we're really stupid that way.
------------------
"So," Sana asked, conversationally, "got plans for the morning?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Denver happily accepted the bite of pancake from the fork, before proceeding to do the same to Sana. Once they'd finished their respective pieces, he answered her question. "Find a job I guess. I don't know if the Champions thing is permanent, because it was kind of impromptu yesterday. No initiation, no training, not even a contract to sign. I dunno, there's gotta be a hospital somewhere that needs EMTs," he said with a shrug. "How about you? You going to this interview slash meeting with this guy?"
------
"Take your time," Colorado said as he fished a pair of underpants out of a drawer.
------
Ulrich carefully set the two food truck workers down in one of the medical Sparrows, making sure that they wouldn't shift around.
------
"Gotta agree with the fox. Best to get your mental breakdowns over now, when nobody is around to either benefit or be hurt by them. Don't want you thinking about them during a fight. As much as I love piloting, I would prefer to not have to assume direct control because you brought yourself into a logic loop."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:You do know that's just another reason for me to love him, right, Jenny asked Quint before pushing herself up onto elastic legs. "He's allowing me up," she told Gadgeteer and Tatiana. "though only under concerns." She looked at Gadgeteer. "and, outside the team, how are the others," she repeated as the trio moved towards somewhere for her to sit.
"Saffy and her father are fine." Gadgeteer grunted, a worried look in his eyes. "The two food truck employees... I don't know. Their injuries were severe. I got the stasis triggers on them as fast as I could, but one looks like he might loose his arm. The other... I don't know if he's going to make it. If he does, there will be a good chance he'll need extensive surgery, or even cybernetic replacements for damaged parts."
Neon Icy Wings wrote:Tatiana moved forward to let Jenny lean onto her for support as she answered Jenny's question. "Don't quite know. I think everyone is okay for the most part at least. Let's get you sat down somewhere that isn't the ground." She said the last part somewhat jokingly, her modulated voice making it hard to tell. "Now where's a bench?"
"We'll just use this retaining wall for now until she gets some strength back." Gadgeteer suggested, pointing to a wall at the edge of the parking log. "It's a bit closer."

-----------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Errr," Jaken said, swirling the Ice cream, "I'm... not sure? We're... not supposed to feel like Prey?" One ear flipped down as he looked concerned and embarrassed. "But I was. I, um, ran hard. I should have stayed? Fought somehow? See on those vids the kids always does something... I just ran."
"Those kids in the movies are actors." Hivemind said. "They're not in any real danger. They can be brave because they're in scripted environments they know they won't be hurt in. You weren't, and there's no shame in recognizing when a threat is out of your league. Run to live. Live to learn. Learn to improve. Improve so you don't have to run."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Messalca drove quite quickly and even indicated that Zach could turn the lights on as they came up behind the trailer, some few hundred metres short of the motel. The truck pulled over and Messalca asked Zach to stay there a moment whilst she sorted things out. She headed over and spoke to the occupant for a moment before heading back and helping Zach out. "Had a word with the Vixen in charge," she told him, "said you're a distant relative looking to get into the biz and could she look after you for a bit whilst I do official stuff. She agreed. So you get to do stuff with them. I'll let Hive know where you are." She gave Zach a small kiss where his forehead would be. "and I won't be far away myself, yeah?"
Zach nodded and stepped out of the truck. He looked up at the sunny sky above them, then forward at the Vixen apparently waving at him to approach. He saw the cameras and reporters, and knew this was likely his last chance to do what he loved. He smiled, and moved towards the camera crew.

Hlaoroo wrote:"Meep!" Cailean jumps. Sensing the reaction, Conall spins and drops into a defensive jujitsu stance but soon relaxes when he sees who it is.
"Aheh, sorry, sir. Yer very quiet an' wi' no wind ye dinnae hae a smell. Ah didnae ken ye were there." the younger dog apologises, rubbing his neck awkwardly.
"Ye remember when we went tae Heaven yesterdae? Mister C helped us record a video tae send back tae oor families and said ye might be able tae help us send it. Apparently Seena has th' power tae talk between dimensions but it's painful sae we hoped ye might hae some other ideas."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Corp did his best not to show surprise at the Hivebot's arrival - partly because he'd been expecting it. All it was missing was the innocent look and the leaning forward with hands behind it's back to complete the illusion.
Sarah, of course, reacted slightly differently, dropping and getting ready to fight for a second or so. She relaxed as Cailean spoke. "Not a bad way t' give summun a seizure," she muttered.
Legotron123 wrote:Liz was silent as she waited for Hivemind’s answer. He hadn’t given her any indication he knew of another way to communicate across dimensions, and he didn’t seem like the type to try and mislead her, so she was curious how he’d “know what to do with the tape the boys had.
"Sorry about that." Hivemind said a bit sheepishly. "I should really announce myself a bit better."

Hivemind considered what they were saying. He actually had been trying to develop something that might be able to contact their home without putting Seena in pain, but he hadn't been able to trace the call for long enough. "I... don't think Mrs. Seena can send a video. That said... I might have a few ideas. We'll still likely need to ask Mrs. Seena for a moment of help though."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:After Hive mentioned the money, Saffy had to pick her dad up. "Uh," she said, slightly less shocked than he was because, hey, it had been quite a night, "..that's... that's...that's quite stunning and, um, thank you. Can you get us better cable too?" She wasn't being entirely serious. She wanted to ask question after question but she figured he was a bit busy right now. "Are... they all OK?"
Hivemind looked at Saffy. He was quiet for a moment before answering. "Everyone from our team will be fine. The food truck workers will need extensive treatment and physical therapy. They have a long road ahead of them."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Just so long as they're not raw Carrots," Hannabelle remarked. "I once had to use those in a fight to the death. Bit difficult to look at a vegetable the same way after that."
"That sounds a good place," Jenevive said, seeing Corvis was about to speak and guessing what he'd been about to say. They'd heard Earthers talking on the way back last night and they'd since failed to convince the youngster that a Burger company from that planet didn't serve meat taken from Kings.
Gear couldn't help but laugh. "I know that feelin'. Had to fight off a SpecOps team with a straw an' a bag of frozen peas."

This time, Eira was leading the way. She knew where it was, but could also go by the smell of it. The scent of pancakes, waffles, muffins, pfannekuchen, ham, eggs, sausages, bacon, pies, toast, jam, and more filled the air as they moved through the shops and stalls in the Market Square. Eventually, they reached the restaurant.

It was a decent-sized restaurant with a few rooms and sections, including a room for large parties in the back. Waiters and bussers moved about, taking care of the patrons' orders. A human attendant stood at the front desk. He smiled pleasantly. "Welcome! How many are in your group?" he asked.

"Seven." The Lycan said. "How long of a wait?"

"It'll be about ten to fifteen minutes." He replied. "Is that Ok?"

The Lycan nodded and sat down on one of the benches by the entrance. Eira sat down on the bench opposite of him.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I'll have to check on advances in cybernetics sometime," Keeva said, instinctively clenching her artificial hand and opening it again. "How's Predator," she asked, not totally headed that way at all.
"Predator is adjusting. He's trying to figure out how to live a non-combat life. Given his original function was that of a combat drone, it's quite difficult for him." Hivemind said. "Would you like to see him?"

SeanWolf wrote:Making his way out of the training area, Hawk made his way down to the first bar he could find, the events prior still lingering in his head. Not even his Other Side could snap him out of his current mood, to the point where it seemed that Hawk had shut everything out and was more focused on what had transpired, specifically Titan. Yes, it was training and Yes he knew he would fail, that much was obvious, but it was Titan's powers that was disturbing him. Again, it reminded him too much of Dracorlok, a being from his past that haunted him during one contract. Even though Dracorlok has been dead for a few years (something Hawk made sure of), there were still those who followed him and are still alive to this day. So much so that he made it a promise to hunt down and end every single one. Which brought his mind back to Titan and what Hivemind said, which didn't sit right with him. Even at zero percent, his Other Side should've turned the Titan into nothing more then a mess of armor or, at the very least, knocked them out. Heck, he should've been able to at least wound the thing. He had no reason to not trust Hivemind, even though he had some questionable interactions with A.I in the past, but there was something about this particular Titan that just didn't agree with him. Just something about the way it meditated and behaved was just off-putting to him. But those thought would have to wait as, turning the corner, he found a bar that looked just right for someone like him to have a drink or two. One other thing his Other Side prevents, which he considers a blessing, is any sort of drunkenness and/or hangovers, to the point where he could drink as much as he wants without waking up with a hangover the size of Jupiter. Walking into the bar, which was pretty quiet at that moment, Hawk made his way to the counter and sat down on one of the bar-stools. Placing his arms on the counter, Hawk looks over at the bar-tender and said "I'll take a mug of Harbrezen Strong if you got any, along with three shots of GaleRed Tryka," then waited for the drink, all the while looking around at the customers already in the bar.
The barman looked surprised, but complied with the order, starting with the mug of Harbrezen Strong. "Those are some strong drinks. Somethin' on your mind?"

Legotron123 wrote:Kolt let out a small sigh as he looked at the robot dragon in front of him. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the last decade and a half of helping people, it’s that there are things you just won’t understand, and you’re not always going to have time to deal with it the way you want to. They’ll shock you, they’ll surprise you, they’ll make you question everything you thought you knew about yourself and the world, and you’ll have to put all that aside so you can focus on saving people. If you have to break down or freak out, that’s fine, just as long as you understand that once you’re done, you have to go back to helping people, so that the things that are causing you all that stress don’t wind up hurting or killing them.” He said, looking somewhat tired, yet determined. “So I guess what I’m saying is, if you feel like you’re going to have a crisis over what just happened, do it now while you have the chance.”
Deske wrote:"Gotta agree with the fox. Best to get your mental breakdowns over now, when nobody is around to either benefit or be hurt by them. Don't want you thinking about them during a fight. As much as I love piloting, I would prefer to not have to assume direct control because you brought yourself into a logic loop."
"Agreed... These questions are resulting in an increased load on my CPU. I do not believe I will be caught in a logical loop, but without answers I fear my efficiency will decline." MT stated in a rather robotic manner, even for him. "If the entity we witnessed is in fact spiritual or metaphysical in nature - itself, a preposterous statement - historically, organic beings learn more about such entities through religious institutions, prayer, and religious texts... It is unorthodox for an AI to seek out such information, but perhaps I should do so..."

Deske wrote:Ulrich carefully set the two food truck workers down in one of the medical Sparrows, making sure that they wouldn't shift around.
One of the many Hive droids in the area approached Ulrich from behind as he set the injured people down in the Sparrow. "Thank you, Ulrich. The medics and I will take it from here. I notice your gauntlets are missing. Where are they?"
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Taking a swig from the mug, Hawk looks at the barkeep and replies with a chuckle, "Eh, nothing major. Just doing some thinking about an opponent I faced earlier. Something about them just seems...off, you know? Hivemind claimed they were at zero percent but I'm sorry: Even at zero percent, me and my Other Side would've still dropped Titan faster then a mythracka drops a fresh corpse." He then scoffs before returning to the drink in paw and the customers inside the bar, looking over each one and seeing if any stood out, while also gulping the three shots before him.
Last edited by SeanWolf on Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nuts," Jenny said tersely and quietly after Gadgeteer had spoken and he and Tatiana had manoeuvred her to the wall. She'd decided to do what she could to take on any of the pair's financial burdens but chose to keep that to herself - and Quint as he could hear her thinking it. "Thanks, Tat. Um, could you get message to Kolt? Let him know that Quint's all safe and sound and he can have him back when he's ready?" She held up a finger for Gadgeteer for a moment. Not that I'm trying to get rid of you, Quint, she thought, but I know sometimes, on holiday, part of you wants to get back to your usual home. You're welcome in here anytime - and I don't say that to many! She put the finger down. "You concerned, Gadge?" She flexed her wrists, almost surprised they weren't broken.
-------------
"Um, anything I can do," Saffy asked quickly, seating her father on the ground. "I took First Aid?"
"And she passed with a 2.2" Messalca said, surprised to suddenly find herself under a teenager. "I did bring your Legion friend," she admitted, releasing Saffy after hugging back, "but he's currently helping out the news crew. Who probably want a word." She pointed to Zachary. "He's that one today."
-------------
Jaken tried a smile that didn't quite work as he kept stirring the Ice Cream into mush. "I can do that," he stated without much enthusiasm. "I've been prey," he added, getting as grim a tone as a child can get, "I can help stop others being prey."
------------
"'Ow'd that work, ey" Sarah asked the Hivebot with a grin, "Voice o'er th' speak'rs sayin' 'ah'll be there in five... four..?"
"Best we go find her then," Corp cut in, not entirely liking the feelings of trust he seemed to be getting from others walking past. It seemed to be unconditional and that always set his teeth on edge.
----------
Cherry did her best to dress. It wasn't completely easy during a sneeze attack but she just about managed to get on the outfit and laughed slightly when she realised she'd put on her old uniform. ""I must...<Choo!> have our ship on... on... on my brain!" The last word coming out as the final sneeze of the attack. "I'd complain," she added, "but I hear most pregnant females get it worse!"
-----------
Golten took the first seat he saw, making Corvis feel the need to clamber over him to his seat and smooth down his tie after 'accidentally' tail whapping his brother in the face.
"So," Jenevive asked, looking to fill the time with conversation so as not to notice her boys fighting over a menu, "what sort of life is it? In the Champions, I mean?"
"She's always been quite practical," Hannabelle told Gear, before softly whapping the cubs with another menu. "Behave for the superheroes," she warned. "and don't you tell them you're not," she warned Gear.
------------
"Not right now," Sana admitted, "The Hivemind has a lot of questions for him first." She brightened. "I get to be the balm! But that'll take several hours." She sat back. "I'm free most of the morning. Perhaps I can do a remote restore on the Celican web? Rerouting across several satellites to boost signals in the remoter areas after yesterday..?" She sighed. "That probably occured to Hive already, of course. Still, best I make sure." She took a moment to write the idea and send it to Hive, adding she could provide the access codes - if he didn't already have them.
------------
"Yeah, sure," Keeva said, "it's always best to have your friends around you."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a nod. "Alright. I'll let him know you're both safe." She assumed Gadgeteer didn't midn and began floating back to where the left. After floating for a minute she spotted Kolt and landed nearby before calling out to him, "Hey, Kolt!" She walked up to him, deciding not to wave for one reason or another, "Jenny just wanted ta let you know that she and Quint are okay and that you can pick Quint up whenever you're ready." She went silent for a moment, before asking, almost awkwardly, "So, how're you doing... after all that?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt was about to say something to MT, only to be distracted by Tatania. He thought about her question for a moment, before speaking up. “I’m... feeling both more and less things than I thought I would. On one hand, there’s a lot of anger, frustration, relief, disappointment, and a whole bunch of other things, but on the other hand, it’s all kinda muted and in the background, so I’m mostly just feeling numb. And yeah, I’m going to go without Quint for a little bit. I don’t really want anyone else in my head right now, and I’m pretty sure he knows that.“

Do not worry, I do not plan on out staying my welcome. Quint replied, not seeming offended by Jenny’s words. Though I will remind that, if worst comes to worst, you have volunteered to have me in your head full time.

“Well, let’s go see her then.” Liz said, starting to walk off, before realizing something and turning to look at the Hivemind drone. “Okay, which one is Miss Seena’s? All these houses still look the same to me.” She asked, looking a little sheepish about her lack of knowledge.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Taking a swig from the mug, Hawk looks at the barkeep and replies with a chuckle, "Eh, nothing major. Just doing some thinking about an opponent I faced earlier. Something about them just seems...off, you know? Hivemind claimed they were at zero percent but I'm sorry: Even at zero percent, me and my Other Side would've still dropped Titan faster then a mythracka drops a fresh corpse." He then scoffs before returning to the drink in paw and the customers inside the bar, looking over each one and seeing if any stood out, while also gulping the three shots before him.
"You fought Titan?" the barman said, looking rather shocked. "Titan's a cosmic tier hero. He can rip reality apart by punching it. He could squeeze matter into a singularity and hold a black hole in his hand. He's so powerful, even at effectively 0 percent his peak power he can break a mountain in half with a flick of the wrist." he explained, apparently revealing his inner superhero nerd. "Nobody 'drops' Titan. He's the only hero to have been outright banned in the superhero fighting ring for being literally unbeatable no matter how much he's nerfed."

---------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Nuts," Jenny said tersely and quietly after Gadgeteer had spoken and he and Tatiana had manoeuvred her to the wall. She'd decided to do what she could to take on any of the pair's financial burdens but chose to keep that to herself - and Quint as he could hear her thinking it. "Thanks, Tat. Um, could you get message to Kolt? Let him know that Quint's all safe and sound and he can have him back when he's ready?" She held up a finger for Gadgeteer for a moment. Not that I'm trying to get rid of you, Quint, she thought, but I know sometimes, on holiday, part of you wants to get back to your usual home. You're welcome in here anytime - and I don't say that to many! She put the finger down. "You concerned, Gadge?" She flexed her wrists, almost surprised they weren't broken.
"For you?" Gadgeteer asked. "Or for them?" he said, pointing a thumb at the injured humans being loaded into the Sparrow. "Tyratea's a good healer. I know you'll be fine. It's them I'm worried about. It's our job description to go into danger with no guarantee of coming back out of it in one piece. You don't go to your part time shift at a food truck with the expectation that you'll be caught in the middle of a fight."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um, anything I can do," Saffy asked quickly, seating her father on the ground. "I took First Aid?"
"And she passed with a 2.2" Messalca said, surprised to suddenly find herself under a teenager. "I did bring your Legion friend," she admitted, releasing Saffy after hugging back, "but he's currently helping out the news crew. Who probably want a word." She pointed to Zachary. "He's that one today."
"Ah... Thanks..." Hivemind said, looking concerned at Legion. "Hopefully he knows not to reveal too much about... you know... what happened to him."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Jaken tried a smile that didn't quite work as he kept stirring the Ice Cream into mush. "I can do that," he stated without much enthusiasm. "I've been prey," he added, getting as grim a tone as a child can get, "I can help stop others being prey."
"You're still thinking of things in terms of predator and prey." Hivemind stated. "Understandable, but it isn't helpful for you right now. You're not prey. You're not predator. You're Jaken. The world isn't about killing things and keeping yourself from being killed. You made a friend in June. You're a son to Rika. You love climbing and swimming and having fun like any other person your age. You saved countless lives yesterday. You're a great kid, Jaken. Don't define your life by whether you're on the giving or receiving end of violence. That's no way to live."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"'Ow'd that work, ey" Sarah asked the Hivebot with a grin, "Voice o'er th' speak'rs sayin' 'ah'll be there in five... four..?"
"Best we go find her then," Corp cut in, not entirely liking the feelings of trust he seemed to be getting from others walking past. It seemed to be unconditional and that always set his teeth on edge.
----------
Cherry did her best to dress. It wasn't completely easy during a sneeze attack but she just about managed to get on the outfit and laughed slightly when she realised she'd put on her old uniform. ""I must...<Choo!> have our ship on... on... on my brain!" The last word coming out as the final sneeze of the attack. "I'd complain," she added, "but I hear most pregnant females get it worse!"
Legotron123 wrote:“Well, let’s go see her then.” Liz said, starting to walk off, before realizing something and turning to look at the Hivemind drone. “Okay, which one is Miss Seena’s? All these houses still look the same to me.” She asked, looking a little sheepish about her lack of knowledge.
"They were mass produced." Hivemind explained. "They'll look the same until the residents start customizing them. Seena and Colorado's house is this way." Hivemind led the group down the street until he reached a house that, quite honestly, did look a lot like the others. He reached forward and knocked on the door.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Golten took the first seat he saw, making Corvis feel the need to clamber over him to his seat and smooth down his tie after 'accidentally' tail whapping his brother in the face.
"So," Jenevive asked, looking to fill the time with conversation so as not to notice her boys fighting over a menu, "what sort of life is it? In the Champions, I mean?"
"She's always been quite practical," Hannabelle told Gear, before softly whapping the cubs with another menu. "Behave for the superheroes," she warned. "and don't you tell them you're not," she warned Gear.
"Ah, I'm just the owner of a resort an' amusement park." Gear said, grinning. "I'm retired from hero work."

"Being a Champion is a pretty great job." The Lycan said. "If you're not a part of a larger team, you can treat it as a bit of case by case job. Work when you want, take time for yourself when you need it. Organize your own schedule. Lots of freedom. Great pay, great benefits, great coworkers, and you get to help people." He summarized. "Lots of pressure though. Not much room for error."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah, sure," Keeva said, "it's always best to have your friends around you."
"Very well. I believe he is currently exploring one of the civilian hangers." Hivemind said. "If you'll follow me, please." Hivemind gestured for Keeva to follow him, and he walked toward the nearest portal door.
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave a mirthless chuckle and said, "Heh, think I can understand some of that." She went silent for a moment, and surveyed the goings on around them, the aftermath of the fight. "Sorry about your ear by the way. And your arm." She said, a little quieter than before, as she looked over the area.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:"You fought Titan?" the barman said, looking rather shocked. "Titan's a cosmic tier hero. He can rip reality apart by punching it. He could squeeze matter into a singularity and hold a black hole in his hand. He's so powerful, even at effectively 0 percent his peak power he can break a mountain in half with a flick of the wrist." he explained, apparently revealing his inner superhero nerd. "Nobody 'drops' Titan. He's the only hero to have been outright banned in the superhero fighting ring for being literally unbeatable no matter how much he's nerfed."
Hawk scoffed, "So? We're immortal. We've killed demons from another dimension. We've survived for months on that NSC Nostradamus and had our mind messed with by a creature that would make your nightmare seem like paradise..." he looked into the empty mug, a liquid version of his reflection looking back, before looking back up at the bartender, "There's something else up with Titan and we're not only just going to find out...but we're gonna drink from his helmet when we're through with him. Cause even those 'cosmic tier' folks have limiters...Titan does not and we should know." He then placed the mug back on the counter, threw some cash to cover it, then began to walk out. But as he reached the entrance/exit, he looked back at the bartender and added one last thing, "Thanks for the drink," then left. As he left, he went back to thinking about Titan. Once again, he was dwelling on the fact that something was just bugging him and they were going to find out. However, he did know of the consequences if his theories were wrong but it was a chance he was willing to take. His Other Side, however, wasn't feeling the same way Hawk was. It began to think back to the Titan as well but not in a troublesome way as Hawk was but rather a curiosity way. Same time, he began to, once again, worry about Hawk. He seen him act like this before but never this badly. He knew the fight triggered some memories but he didn't realize that they still were weighing him down like they were. "I know of Dracorlok's powers," it thought to itself in private, "That one blow from Titan was enough to prove it wasn't a follower...hasn't been any sightings of one in years. But Hawk was right though, I could've taking Titan out fast...but I didn't because I knew it was training and nothing more.
Last edited by SeanWolf on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Figures," Jenny said with a sigh, "and it's something I can't exactly put right. I wasn't exactly expecting anything like that, I..." She held her hands up, "I don't know WHAT I was expecting, yeah? Although I'm pretty sure I wasn't expecting to be fighting a possessed boyfriend without any weapons, armour or cover available. The whole situation is not something I'd 'want to happen', Gadgeteer, but them getting hurt is the thing I'd want least. I didn't know that a cloud could suddenly become a mass of flying spikes that could penetrate several layers of steel like it was butter!" Her tone was angry, but her face hinted at that anger being more at herself that Gadgeteer. "We needed information," she added, taking her tone back to that of someone quieting down, "we needed Quint."
And I wanted you in the 'safest' place I could get you, she added mentally.
--------------
"Yeah," Messalca agreed, watching the 'boy' smile and talk with the crew, "And I'm thankful I worked out what ability this one has too. When I got to the station, half my deputies were throwing up and he was utterly depressed." She glanced at the 'Bot. "After I mentioned the idea about the OB truck, that sick feeling lessened. It's practically uplifting now. Reckon he can transmit his emotional state to those around him. His name's Zachary, by the way."
-------------
"I try," Jaken said, finally taking in a bit of the slushed Ice Cream. "Dad used to say I was very trying," he added wistfully. "but I'd still rather things to do than time to think?"
------------
Cherry had just finished cleaning up the 'mess' from the sneeze attack when the door went. "I'll get it," she said, figuring Colorado was still getting dressed. "It's probably the removals people with the stuff from our rooms," she joked before crossing and opening the door to Hive, the boys, a Canine she didn't know, Lewis, Davidstow and the Captain. "Or it could be the Captain." She put her hankie away. "You're at my door, I'm in my uniform, I take it this is serious," she said, inviting the lot in.
Corp waited for the Captain to enter and wondered why he kept looking at her.
-----------
Golten considered what Gear had just said and it was awesome. His ears flattened as his eyes widened and he took in the concept. "If you marry our Gran," he asked breathlessly, "can you do it on the roller-coaster?"
"That's silly," Corvis responded, "how will the Gremonk read the vows when upside down?"
Hannabelle leaned in close to Gear. "Gremonks are the priests in one of the religions," she explained, and we're only dating at the moment."
Jenevive spared the other conversation a glance before returning to hers and trying to block the others out. "That does sound like a lot of pressure," she agreed, "but I'm pretty sure he'd cope. He... usually has his head on straight. But... and I know you may not be the one to ask about this but... is it a life you'd choose with, y'know, family who don't have powers?"
------------
Keeva followed along behind her 'bot on the way to her newest friend.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Being the lowest-ranking in the group, the boys wait quietly and nervously for their superiors to talk.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

"NotKolt took took advantage of a flaw inherent to clothing and ripped them to shreds," Ulrich said, fishing one of the scraps from his pocket. "I have had some ideas on how to mitigate this. Just need to get them fabricated and attached," he stuffed the scrap back in his pocket before continuing. "They're a little invasive, but this is offset by increased resilience and becoming a smaller target."
------
"Right, removals. Can you asked if they picked up my collection of lab coats? My Witcher one meant a lot to me," Colorado said as he rounded the corner into the living room. "Oh, hello," he said, a little curious as to why they had come to visit today. "Can I get you anything to drink?"
------
"I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little lost on all of the more in depth tech stuff. I can use a computer, but anything more than that and I'm lost."
------
"Unorthodox. I'm not so sure that's how I'd describe an AI seeking religious knowledge. I also wouldn't use the word preposterous to describe something we just witnessed first hand. Then again, I am only organic."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt scoffed at Tatiana’s apology. “Please. If anything, I’m annoyed you didn’t go for it sooner.” He joked, giving her a pat on the back. “Honestly, if it weren’t for that tree, you and Jenny would’ve taken care of Ko Sah then and there.”

I appreciate your concern Jenny. I regret that I was not able to provide more assistance before the battle was over. Quint replied. Diligitus showed up barely a minute after you grabbed me.

“Oh nothing much.” Liz said, glancing at the Hivemind drone with them. “Cailean and Conall had an experiment they wanted to try, and I have a bit of a investment in it if it works.”
Meanwhile, Lewis couldn’t help but notice Corp’s odd behavior, and wondered if it had something to do with his new empathetic abilities, since he had mentioned them causing discomfort before.

CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:Hawk scoffed, "So? We're immortal. We've killed demons from another dimension. We've survived for months on that NSC Nostradamus and had our mind messed with by a creature that would make your nightmare seem like paradise..." he looked into the empty mug, a liquid version of his reflection looking back, before looking back up at the bartender, "There's something else up with Titan and we're not only just going to find out...but we're gonna drink from his helmet when we're through with him. Cause even those 'cosmic tier' folks have limiters...Titan does not and we should know." He then placed the mug back on the counter, threw some cash to cover it, then began to walk out. But as he reached the entrance/exit, he looked back at the bartender and added one last thing, "Thanks for the drink," then left. As he left, he went back to thinking about Titan. Once again, he was dwelling on the fact that something was just bugging him and they were going to find out. However, he did know of the consequences if his theories were wrong but it was a chance he was willing to take. His Other Side, however, wasn't feeling the same way Hawk was. It began to think back to the Titan as well but not in a troublesome way as Hawk was but rather a curiosity way. Same time, he began to, once again, worry about Hawk. He seen him act like this before but never this badly. He knew the fight triggered some memories but he didn't realize that they still were weighing him down like they were. "I know of Dracorlok's powers," it thought to itself in private, "That one blow from Titan was enough to prove it wasn't a follower...hasn't been any sightings of one in years. But Hawk was right though, I could've taking Titan out fast...but I didn't because I knew it was training and nothing more.
Meanwhile, Titan could be found in the Champion Tower Courtyard, meditating by a fountain of water. Titan had not thought twice about the fight with Hawk. She had fought many people before, and he had beaten them all. Hawk was no different.

Quite honestly, the only thing that kept being a Champion from becoming boring for Titan was just how important the job was, and how seriously they took it.

---------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Figures," Jenny said with a sigh, "and it's something I can't exactly put right. I wasn't exactly expecting anything like that, I..." She held her hands up, "I don't know WHAT I was expecting, yeah? Although I'm pretty sure I wasn't expecting to be fighting a possessed boyfriend without any weapons, armour or cover available. The whole situation is not something I'd 'want to happen', Gadgeteer, but them getting hurt is the thing I'd want least. I didn't know that a cloud could suddenly become a mass of flying spikes that could penetrate several layers of steel like it was butter!" Her tone was angry, but her face hinted at that anger being more at herself that Gadgeteer. "We needed information," she added, taking her tone back to that of someone quieting down, "we needed Quint."
And I wanted you in the 'safest' place I could get you, she added mentally.
Gadgeteer shook his head, solemnly, sighing. "This whole situation was a disaster. We must always be prepared. Our job is unpredictable. If we're planet-side, we need to be fully equipped from the time we wake up to the time we sleep, and have access to our weapons even while we rest. I personally sleep with at least one weapon in hand or immediately nearby." Gadgeteer commented. "I'll have to report to Hivemind what happened. What went wrong and why. He will no doubt want to follow up with further training."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Yeah," Messalca agreed, watching the 'boy' smile and talk with the crew, "And I'm thankful I worked out what ability this one has too. When I got to the station, half my deputies were throwing up and he was utterly depressed." She glanced at the 'Bot. "After I mentioned the idea about the OB truck, that sick feeling lessened. It's practically uplifting now. Reckon he can transmit his emotional state to those around him. His name's Zachary, by the way."
Hivemind shook his head. "That's not unique to Zachary. Ghosts are at least in part a shared hallucination. They're actually there, but they only have an appearance because they trick the mind into believing it's seeing something. Through the same means, they project their emotions into our minds." the robot said.

Hivemind looked over at Zachary, noticing a visible calm, even happiness, in the spirit's eyes. "There's a problem. Most of Legion consists of Celican spirits. The only hope those spirits have of moving on is to resolve their spiritual and emotional pain. That requires both someone with experience working with ghosts, and the ability to resolve lingering regrets. They have to stay here. At the same time, the non-celican spirits can't stay here. They'll have no ability to resolve their pain here."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I try," Jaken said, finally taking in a bit of the slushed Ice Cream. "Dad used to say I was very trying," he added wistfully. "but I'd still rather things to do than time to think?"
At the mention of Jaken's father, Hivemind was reminded of what he had discovered the previous day with the help of Seena, Sana, and Messalca regarding the mystery of his disappearance. He didn't want to tell Jaken, however. Not yet. Not until he had more information to provide. "Ok then, Jaken." Hivemind said, gently. "What would you like to do right now?"

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Cherry had just finished cleaning up the 'mess' from the sneeze attack when the door went. "I'll get it," she said, figuring Colorado was still getting dressed. "It's probably the removals people with the stuff from our rooms," she joked before crossing and opening the door to Hive, the boys, a Canine she didn't know, Lewis, Davidstow and the Captain. "Or it could be the Captain." She put her hankie away. "You're at my door, I'm in my uniform, I take it this is serious," she said, inviting the lot in.
Corp waited for the Captain to enter and wondered why he kept looking at her.
"Hello again, Miss Seena." Hivemind said. "We were wondering if you might be able to help us with something. It should only take a couple of minutes."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Golten considered what Gear had just said and it was awesome. His ears flattened as his eyes widened and he took in the concept. "If you marry our Gran," he asked breathlessly, "can you do it on the roller-coaster?"
"That's silly," Corvis responded, "how will the Gremonk read the vows when upside down?"
Hannabelle leaned in close to Gear. "Gremonks are the priests in one of the religions," she explained, and we're only dating at the moment."
Jenevive spared the other conversation a glance before returning to hers and trying to block the others out. "That does sound like a lot of pressure," she agreed, "but I'm pretty sure he'd cope. He... usually has his head on straight. But... and I know you may not be the one to ask about this but... is it a life you'd choose with, y'know, family who don't have powers?"

Gear grinned at the kids and at Hannabelle. "Honestly that sounds almost appropriate for some reason." he laughed. "But, as yer grandmother said, we're just dating right now." Gear said, reaching an arm around her shoulders and giving her an affectionate one-armed squeeze.

"It really depends on the role you play in the champions." The Lycan said. "It's a great job all around if you're going into the intelligence field. Not nearly as much risk. Even a combatant roll, if the family lives on the Beacon, they're perfectly safe. That said, it can be hard. We take a risk on every job, and it can put a lot of stress on families at times."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Keeva followed along behind her 'bot on the way to her newest friend.

Hivemind led Keeva through the portal door, and the two of them emerged in one of the hangers. Merchants and traders from Celica brought goods to and bought goods from the merchants from the Beacon. Among the countless kinds of people walking around was a gigantic robot that resembled a cross between a raptor, a dragon, and a wolf. It was the predator droid. It simply stood out of the way, in one of the corners, and observed the people on the docks. Hivemind took Keeva over to see him. "Hello, Pred." Hivemind said.

The Predator drone looked down. "Hello, Hivemind. Hello, Keeva." Predator responded. "How are you doing?" He asked, mostly to Keeva.

Deske wrote:"NotKolt took took advantage of a flaw inherent to clothing and ripped them to shreds," Ulrich said, fishing one of the scraps from his pocket. "I have had some ideas on how to mitigate this. Just need to get them fabricated and attached," he stuffed the scrap back in his pocket before continuing. "They're a little invasive, but this is offset by increased resilience and becoming a smaller target."

Hivemind found himself curious about these ideas. "What did you have in mind?" he asked.

Deske wrote:"Unorthodox. I'm not so sure that's how I'd describe an AI seeking religious knowledge. I also wouldn't use the word preposterous to describe something we just witnessed first hand. Then again, I am only organic."

"I would personally consider everything about our current situation to be unorthodox." MT said. "And while I normally wouldn't call something I just saw preposterous, I make an exception for when the literal hand of apparently God rips a hole in the sky and pulls a slug creature from one of our teammates' brains, who's apparently also a kitsune." MT stated, rather flatly.

He shook his head, making a sort of mechanical sighing sound. "What do you plan on doing with this revelation, Chris?"
-Champion Motto

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana gave an actual chuckle at Kolt's words. "The funny thing is, I'm not sorry because I hurt you, I'm sorry because nothing came from hurting you. Like, if we actually beat him, that would be one thing, but we didn't. Even without the tree, his telekinetic control was far superior to mine... he completely blocked one of my strongest blasts and created knives and spikes! I can only throw walls at people." She was quiet for a moment before her tone changed to a slightly more light hearted one, "Really I wish we had more distractions at the start, then I coulda disappeared and, like, tried to dislocate your everything to at least slow him down a little. I guess I'm also a little annoyed we needed Diligitis' help back there." She shook her helmet lightly. "Agh. I'll get over it eventually. Probably."
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

With the bar now behind him, Hawk wandered about for a while before stopping and leaning up against a wall. "Why did I let you talk me into joining the Champions..." he said to himself, "Cause lets face it, we only know one thing and that one thing is something they frown upon...especially that Hivemind, gah he annoys me to no end." The OtherSide, taking over his voice, replied, "It means well and I understand why he has those rules..."---"Then did you say 'Rules don't apply to me'? Huh?" Hawk snapped---"Because like you, I was putting on an act," The OtherSide replied, leading Hawk to confusion then anger as it continued, "I saw that docpad when you were packing...you didn't join the Champion just because you wanted to redeem yourself...."---"You say one more word..." Hawk threatened but the OtherSide just chuckled, "Or what? We're merged for an eternity. Without me, you would've died on that planet," No matter how much Hawk wanted to deny it, what his OtherSide said was indeed true, "As for that Titan fellow being a follower of Dracorlok? If they were, they would not have been able to do anything and would've had a sigil on them, remember? I sensed none of that on Titan and, just from how they attacked us, proved they weren't a follower," Before Hawk could even say anything else, His OtherSide took over his whole body, replacing his skin with his metallic looking skin, and said, "For now, you are just too unstable for the time...so I'm taking over for the day," Hawk, in return, just sighed and let The OtherSide take over (His outfit still remained, just his skin was now the OtherSide's). With it taken over, The OtherSide began looking for Hivemind before spotting Titan near a fountain. "Titan!" It shouted, its peaceful yet metallic voice echoing through the courtyard, "I need to speak with you."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"The day we stop learning," Jenny agreed, pulling herself up,"is the day we die. I don't sleep with a gun 'under the pillow', Gadge, because I am a gun. And you're right about being prepared but we have to face the consequences of that, even." She looked him straight in the face (or up the nose) "Do you know what these people think when they're being attacked and a Superhero group shows up ready to do battle? They think 'thank god'. Do you know what their first thought often is when a Superhero group turns up, ready to do battle and they're NOT being attacked? I saw it at the Golden Bowl match a year back.. It's 'Oh, god, we're all about to be attacked.'. We risk bringing the fear with us. You want us to always be prepared and NOT scare the locals? Get Hive to design armour that can be materialised around us at the push of a button or something. So we can be ready at a hat's drop but not risk scaring the locals first. But enough on that," she added, striking a brighter tone, " reminiscences and recriminations later. You're the senior member, where do you need me?"
It was a bad encounter with the Metronic Knights," She told Quint. They heard about an attack on the stadium with 30,000 people in it. They got there five minutes before the criminals and caused a fatal stampede.
-------------------
"Well, unless you can split 'em in two," Messalca mused, "you may not be able to heal 'em all for a long time. Don't you have any way of recreating parts of the world on your flying Moon? That'd give them Celica whilst not being here. Or are you kinda hoping that one of them in there is a psychiatrist or therapist?"
------------------
"Train," Jaken said hopefully, "Keep busy. Be useful. Have fun doing it. Play a bit," looking to see if there was a certain wall running Squirrel he could surprise with a portal into the pool.
------------------
"Huh, tell me about it," Jenevive snorted, glancing at Hannabelle and Gear, "I'm her Da... Well, that proves she likes him. Last person I saw doing that when she didn't like them ended up in the ER with an arm broken in four places. Anyhow, like I say, I grew up on a lot of bases. Ended up doing most of my school and college work on an online basis. I'd want Golten to get the best education he can. Corvis too," she added, after an indignant 'What 'bout me' from her youngest. "At east he won't be ridiculed for his clothes here," she added.
-----------------
"Of course," Cherry said, echoing her mate in inviting them in. "What's the trouble?"
Corp entered, keeping his hands behind his back as he fought the urge to hold the Captain's hand. What was wrong with him? And was he standing a little closer to Liz than normal? "We're in need of getting a message home," he said tightly.
---------------
"Not so bad, Pred," Keeva said, "two questions," she said, deliberately holding up three fingers in play, "how's yourself and what's going on here?"
---------------
Sana chuckled slightly. "Should see me working my way around a Pancreas,"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave Tatiana a reassuring smile and another pat on the back. “That’s the difficulty with taking on the Yah Rin. Anyone they possess has their power increased exponentially.” He said, before giving her a little side hug. ”If it makes you feel better, I’m pretty sure the battle would’ve been a lot more even if it had just been you and me.”

Hmmm. I feel like that would’ve gone differently if it had happened on Concertia. People there are a lot more used to superheroes, since they have been a part of day to day for centuries. That being said, the fact that they did not try to organize an evacuation or alert any authorities is...... disappointing. Quint said, not sounding all that impressed with the groups competence.

Liz didn’t notice Corps odd behavior, being more focused on Seena. “We were hoping you’d be up for trying to use your power again. Though we get it if you don’t want to after what happened last time.”
Lewis on the other hand, definitely noticed Corp’s behavior, leaning in and whispering in his ear. ”Hey, are you okay?” He asked with concern in his voice. ”You’re acting kinda odd.”
Last edited by Legotron123 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It's one of the things I'm hoping to work on, Jenny told Quint, Be a kind of liaison between the team and the Locals.
------------------
"It's not my intent," Corp whispered back, "I think they have intense feelings for each other. Same as Sarah and Cailean. It's affecting..." He realised he may be about to say more than intended so managed to quiet himself. In fact he was surprised he'd said that much. Flipping feelings, he thought.
"Well," Cherry said, casting a glance down towards her womb, "I would have concerns, obviously," she continued, forgetting whether any of them actually knew she was pregnant or not, "but there's probably no harm? Just for a little time or something?" Now she actively looked to her 'Doctor'.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"You'd be surprised how obvious some of the larger structures can be. Lungs, heart, stomach, pancreas, and liver are all pretty much right in your face," Denver explained, "Like if you've seen one of those basic diagrams then you'd be able to find them."
------
Colorado glanced between Cherry and the crew. He sighed, "I would prefer to lower the amount of stress placed on her body. But, it should be fine for a short duration." He stepped over to his love and wrapped his arms around her waist before whispering in her ear, "Promise me you'll stop if anything, anything, feels wrong. Okay?"
------
"I had an idea for a back-mounted one that interfaced with the spinal cord to produce lower latency, higher accuracy, and make it less of a target. I have drawn up the designs and written most of the code. I just need to fabricate it and have the interface ports implanted." He searched his pockets for his phone, but quickly gave up after realizing that he'd either left it at home or that it had fallen out of his pocket during the fight. "It is removable, but I have designed it so that it is flexible enough to bend with the body and thin enough to be concealed under clothing. There is a heat dissipation issue, but I took care of that with compressed nitrogen cartridges that act like heat sinks. Normal use should not cause it to go past comfortable operating temperatures, but in the event that it does the nitrogen cartridge decompresses, significantly cooling the internals of the system. Then it is rotated out with another one."
------
"Honestly? I really just plan to go about my day. I've got evidence that gods exist and it's pretty incontrovertible to me. In the end I just have to live with it so why worry about it? Seems like we're on the good side, so I don't really have to worry about getting on their bad side," Chris said with a shrug.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:With the bar now behind him, Hawk wandered about for a while before stopping and leaning up against a wall. "Why did I let you talk me into joining the Champions..." he said to himself, "Cause lets face it, we only know one thing and that one thing is something they frown upon...especially that Hivemind, gah he annoys me to no end." The OtherSide, taking over his voice, replied, "It means well and I understand why he has those rules..."---"Then did you say 'Rules don't apply to me'? Huh?" Hawk snapped---"Because like you, I was putting on an act," The OtherSide replied, leading Hawk to confusion then anger as it continued, "I saw that docpad when you were packing...you didn't join the Champion just because you wanted to redeem yourself...."---"You say one more word..." Hawk threatened but the OtherSide just chuckled, "Or what? We're merged for an eternity. Without me, you would've died on that planet," No matter how much Hawk wanted to deny it, what his OtherSide said was indeed true, "As for that Titan fellow being a follower of Dracorlok? If they were, they would not have been able to do anything and would've had a sigil on them, remember? I sensed none of that on Titan and, just from how they attacked us, proved they weren't a follower," Before Hawk could even say anything else, His OtherSide took over his whole body, replacing his skin with his metallic looking skin, and said, "For now, you are just too unstable for the time...so I'm taking over for the day," Hawk, in return, just sighed and let The OtherSide take over (His outfit still remained, just his skin was now the OtherSide's). With it taken over, The OtherSide began looking for Hivemind before spotting Titan near a fountain. "Titan!" It shouted, its peaceful yet metallic voice echoing through the courtyard, "I need to speak with you."
Titan looked up, breaking from their meditative state, when they heard the OtherSide call them. Wordlessly, Titan stood up, brushed themselves off, and stepped up to The OtherSide. Titan still didn't say a word, only standing there and looking at the metal wolf expectantly.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"The day we stop learning," Jenny agreed, pulling herself up,"is the day we die. I don't sleep with a gun 'under the pillow', Gadge, because I am a gun. And you're right about being prepared but we have to face the consequences of that, even." She looked him straight in the face (or up the nose) "Do you know what these people think when they're being attacked and a Superhero group shows up ready to do battle? They think 'thank god'. Do you know what their first thought often is when a Superhero group turns up, ready to do battle and they're NOT being attacked? I saw it at the Golden Bowl match a year back.. It's 'Oh, god, we're all about to be attacked.'. We risk bringing the fear with us. You want us to always be prepared and NOT scare the locals? Get Hive to design armour that can be materialised around us at the push of a button or something. So we can be ready at a hat's drop but not risk scaring the locals first. But enough on that," she added, striking a brighter tone, " reminiscences and recriminations later. You're the senior member, where do you need me?"
Gadgeteer sighed and rubbed his forehead. "You'll need to talk to Hivemind. He's the actual senior on site. That said, we've got a weaponized dragon mech having an existential crisis. You're good with words. Go talk to him."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, unless you can split 'em in two," Messalca mused, "you may not be able to heal 'em all for a long time. Don't you have any way of recreating parts of the world on your flying Moon? That'd give them Celica whilst not being here. Or are you kinda hoping that one of them in there is a psychiatrist or therapist?"
The hive droid shook it's head. "It's not the local. It's the people. I can replicate any location in an illusory simulator, but I can't replicate people. They need to resolve things with and be around family if they can. And... they might have to do it individually and as individual ghosts, not as legion. These are very personal things they'll be dealing with. Not something to do when you're sharing the room with a thousand other souls."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Train," Jaken said hopefully, "Keep busy. Be useful. Have fun doing it. Play a bit," looking to see if there was a certain wall running Squirrel he could surprise with a portal into the pool.
Hivemind thought for a moment before he responded. "I think..." Hivemind started. "You need a friend. Someone from Celica. Have you met Golten and Corvis yet?" Hivemind asked, pretty sure the answer was no.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Huh, tell me about it," Jenevive snorted, glancing at Hannabelle and Gear, "I'm her Da... Well, that proves she likes him. Last person I saw doing that when she didn't like them ended up in the ER with an arm broken in four places. Anyhow, like I say, I grew up on a lot of bases. Ended up doing most of my school and college work on an online basis. I'd want Golten to get the best education he can. Corvis too," she added, after an indignant 'What 'bout me' from her youngest. "At east he won't be ridiculed for his clothes here," she added.
"No need to worry about that." The Lycan said, waving his hand dismissively. "Don't worry about education. It's completely free and some of the best in the galaxy. And yeah, nobody ridicules you for wearing clothes here."

Pretty soon after, the attendant called the group up, ready to lead them to their table. Gear stood up and offered a hand to Hannabelle. Not that she needed it, but it was only polite.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course," Cherry said, echoing her mate in inviting them in. "What's the trouble?"
Corp entered, keeping his hands behind his back as he fought the urge to hold the Captain's hand. What was wrong with him? And was he standing a little closer to Liz than normal? "We're in need of getting a message home," he said tightly.
Legotron123 wrote:Liz didn’t notice Corps odd behavior, being more focused on Seena. “We were hoping you’d be up for trying to use your power again. Though we get it if you don’t want to after what happened last time.”
Lewis on the other hand, definitely noticed Corp’s behavior, leaning in and whispering in his ear. ”Hey, are you okay?” He asked with concern in his voice. ”You’re acting kinda odd.”
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It's not my intent," Corp whispered back, "I think they have intense feelings for each other. Same as Sarah and Cailean. It's affecting..." He realised he may be about to say more than intended so managed to quiet himself. In fact he was surprised he'd said that much. Flipping feelings, he thought.
"Well," Cherry said, casting a glance down towards her womb, "I would have concerns, obviously," she continued, forgetting whether any of them actually knew she was pregnant or not, "but there's probably no harm? Just for a little time or something?" Now she actively looked to her 'Doctor'.
Deske wrote:Colorado glanced between Cherry and the crew. He sighed, "I would prefer to lower the amount of stress placed on her body. But, it should be fine for a short duration." He stepped over to his love and wrapped his arms around her waist before whispering in her ear, "Promise me you'll stop if anything, anything, feels wrong. Okay?"
Hivemind nodded. "It will only take a moment." he reassured everyone. "Here is my plan. The last time we contacted your home world, I was not prepared for it. This time, I need to set up some equipment to monitor and trace the call. Get the multiversal coordinates of the receiving comm device, so to speak. This will allow me to create a multiversal communications device that can connect with devices in your universe. Provided you permit me to study one of your communication devices so I can understand how the hardware and software might receive and interpret what I send, that is." Hivemind explained. "I will only need about two minutes of a connection, tops. Then, you will never be required to use your power to communicate across the multiverse again."

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Not so bad, Pred," Keeva said, "two questions," she said, deliberately holding up three fingers in play, "how's yourself and what's going on here?"
"I am adjusting, thank you. It is strange, being awake with no battles to fight." the Predator stated, sounding almost a little bored. "I assume that what is going on is regular market activity, considering I have no frame of reference to say otherwise. I am studying organic civilian life, hoping to learn how to reproduce it."

Deske wrote:"I had an idea for a back-mounted one that interfaced with the spinal cord to produce lower latency, higher accuracy, and make it less of a target. I have drawn up the designs and written most of the code. I just need to fabricate it and have the interface ports implanted." He searched his pockets for his phone, but quickly gave up after realizing that he'd either left it at home or that it had fallen out of his pocket during the fight. "It is removable, but I have designed it so that it is flexible enough to bend with the body and thin enough to be concealed under clothing. There is a heat dissipation issue, but I took care of that with compressed nitrogen cartridges that act like heat sinks. Normal use should not cause it to go past comfortable operating temperatures, but in the event that it does the nitrogen cartridge decompresses, significantly cooling the internals of the system. Then it is rotated out with another one."
Hivemind hesitated. "That seems... rather risky. Are you sure you're Ok with such an invasive device?"

Deske wrote:"Honestly? I really just plan to go about my day. I've got evidence that gods exist and it's pretty incontrovertible to me. In the end I just have to live with it so why worry about it? Seems like we're on the good side, so I don't really have to worry about getting on their bad side," Chris said with a shrug.
"We don't know who's good side we're on or why." MT said. Chris would likely be able to feel some degree of concern coming from his robot companion. "We don't know if we'll stay that way, or what will happen if we end up on their bad side."
-Champion Motto

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

"I want to apologize for what Hawk did earlier," The OtherSide began, "He had a bad experience with the fellow named Dracorlok and his followers couple years ago and made it his personal mission to end every follower. So, when your hit connected with us, it sort of triggered the memory in him. But I personally know you are not a follower as their combat style is vastly different form yours...plus, you don't carry the Sigil Of The Blood Crystal on you, so there's that too. Same time, I want to congratulate you. My species have never met anyone who could face us in combat and not only live but manage to do some decent damage to us so, for that, I personally want to congratulate you on that," The OtherSide stuck their metallic claw out in an offer to shake Titan's as it finished what it was saying, "Between you and me, I know Hawk wouldn't apologize. In fact, he'd probably attack you where you stand right now...hence why I took his place for the day."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Jenny remarked, in an attempt at levity, "I suppose it's one way to put a fire out." She looked up at Gadgeteer. "You're a good guy, Gadgeteer. Never let anyone let you believe otherwise." She headed towards MT, making a stop by Kolt first. "Heya, Kolt," she said.
----------------------------
"That's true," Messalca agreed, "but, if you can't do that, the next best may be to get them at ease with who they are." She watched as the press crew conducted an interview with Saffy, who was exaggerating effects with her arms. "Wonder how long before they get to you," Messalca prodded.
---------------------------
"No," Jaken said with intrigue, "are they joining the Champions? Uh, junior league," he added quickly.
---------------------------
"That's certainly a relief," Jenevive replied, "and I might even end up as their teacher if the application goes through." She looked over at the cubs play fighting. "Gods help me," she added, standing as Hannabelle accepted the hand with a show of grace. "So, what sort of training is Golten in for?"
--------------------------
Keeva choked back a laugh. "Watch how you say that, Pred," she warned, "some use 'reproduce' to mean babies. You might try 'copy'?" She stood close to Pred's foot and looked over the market. "You can often tell things about a person from a market, true," she agreed, "those who buy only what they need, for example, and those who buy more than that, things they covet or are fascinated by. And the vendors. Those who give good value, those who like to chat and those who like to chat to cover the fact they're giving poor value. See any item you like or want?"
-------------------------
"Sounds fair," Seena said. "Might be best to nip back to the HAVEN anyhow. We need to get some medical files for you."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana turned back to Kolt, and while she didn't say anything her helmets eye lights lit up, complimenting her Cheshire smile into a happy expression. She then turned at Jenny's voice, a little surprised. "Wow, already walking about. Hive really gets the best doesn't he?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Still stiff, Tat," Jenny said, enforcing jollity into her tone, "No dancing jigs for a few days."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"To tell you the truth, it does make me a little nervous. I have another couple of ideas, less invasive but they should still mitigate the problem of them being targets. The only issue these designs bring up is that they are smaller and more compact, so they do not have the surface area to dissipate heat as well." He shrugged, "Such are the troubles with designing something."
------
"Alright so if we don't know when or even if we'll stray to their bad side and we don't have any control over this, then why should we put forth the effort to worry about it? Where's the logic in expending energy to worry about something we have no hope of controlling?" Chris put his hands on his hips and look up at the mech, "I understand where you're coming from and I would validate your fears if they were something worth worrying about. But think about it: We were fighting "the bad guy." Then God came and helped us fight "the bad guy." It would stand to reason that we're probably allies at some point and, if we consider the fact that maybe our ideals align, one could assume that we will probably stay allies." He paused for a second to gather his thoughts before launching into another explanation "Also, Kolt said they were the personification of emotions. I'm pretty sure anger, greed, and lust are all emotions, which means they have to exist in a similar capacity as this god. But what is the most prevalent emotion that the overwhelming majority of intelligent creatures tend to display on a regular basis, both consciously and subconsciously. It would be either love or kindness. Most religions show their gods as gaining power when enough people have faith in them. There are a load of people showing either love or kindness or some combination of the two. Do you really think the god of love and kindness is going to sit back and let the antithesis of their existence run wild when they could do things to stop it?"
------
"I like this idea. I like this idea a lot," Colorado says with somewhat controlled excitement.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

CyberDragon wrote:Hivemind heard the commotion coming from inside the room. He stuck his head in just in time for Ken to break through the ceiling. He stood there for a moment, looking at the hole, then sighed. "Hang on, Brad. Ken! Down! Stop shifting!" He carefully stepped over and picked Brad up in his hand, holding him in his palm. He then picked up the toy-sized mech and started carrying them out while the training room repaired itself. "You alright, Brad?"
Brad manages to turn back to normal size. "I think I'm okay, just a bit... queasy. May I take Ken from you, sir?" He replies. Placing aside the weapons he had, Brad quickly gets out of his armor, and makes a quiet remark about the armor shrinking with him.

"Apologies, Captain, I haven't done much action while shrunk, not since the Statue Incident, I don't even want to talk about that mess... er... well... I kind of do, but like..."
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chilean continues translating the conversation into sign for Connell but neither dog says anything to the group as they've not been addressed yet.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

“Yeah, long story short, Diligitus is the embodiment of Love, so he’s on our side, while Odium and Cupidas are the embodiments of Hatred and Greed respectively, so they’re not.” Kolt tried to explain to MT. “I haven’t met any other Aspects, so I’m not entirely sure where they stand, but I doubt something like Lust would.. be....” He started, trailing off as Jenny walked up. He was silent for a moment before rushing forward, grabbing her in a massive hug. “I’m so glad you’re okay!”
Quint let out a quiet chuckle, clearly expecting this kind of reaction.

“That.... sounds like it might work.” Liz said, already thinking about what she’d say to the rest of her family. ”Feel free to study whatever bits of technology from the Beacon you need to get this done. As long as you can let us call home.”
Lewis put his hand on Corps shoulder in what he hoped was a comforting gesture. ”If you think you need to step outside for a minute, I’d be glad to help cover for you.”