SRP: Lounging around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: SRP: Lounging around

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Pepito," Owain said, concentrating to try and speak clearer, "this isn' jus' in anoth'r place.
We're all from diff'r'nt years. Uh... diff..differente.. anos?
"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Diferentes... Años? Pepito repeats as it finally clicks.
"Wait, wait, wait. It is not sixteen hundred an' twenty five for you, den?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Well I use one of these. Strike answered with a shrug, a metal card with numbers all along the middle and an NFC symbol in one corner, now in her palm through some feat of slight of hand, no clear indication of where it came from. Oddly, the name on the card says Sirius Nielsson...

"Well... i suppose it's better than trying to pay for things with bottle caps or screws..." he grumbled, 'accepting' the bullets, and then promptly if discretely dropping them into the bin under the counter where he kept the armaments folks occasionally left behind, and bringing over a list of drinks. it seems to be a list of categories with two to three examples each instead of a comprehensive drink list.

"2013 for me, I don't know about the rest of this lot." he commented when Pepito brought up the year, before noticing strike 'say' something. "Probably early 21st century for the kid too given the debit card."

TELL HIM ABOUT ARMSTRONG! I Want to see his reaction!
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Wazan looked at the catalog. She couldn't read it. It was written in a script she had never seen before. She just looked at the pictures, struggling at the alien words on it. She pretended to read catalog, but in reality, she's really trying to decipher without success. In the end, she just made up a name of a drink, hoping that it exists.

"<I would like a Cloudy Howler.>"
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Uhh, I don't have any information on how to put a steam powered arm back together. Generally prosthetics are electric." He accepted the can, even if WD-40 wasn't exactly what he needed, "And thank you, I appreciate the thought. Now how do we go about fixing all of this," he said, gesturing to both Houston and the bag.
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"The arm can wait. I'm more worried about Rem, I'd like an extra set of hands to help." Houston said with a wince
"I will need someone who is somewhat knowledgeable about electrical power." He said looking at Miguel.

"I just hope that Gritze don't find me... That Bear will want to exact his revenge for his eye..." The fox thought to himself...
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"It's October of 2015 where I'm from." Flash pitched in when Pepito asked.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Two sousand and fifteen!" Pepito exclaims, spraying a small cloud of ginger beer. "Wow! Tell me, Señor Ratón, has de Spanish empire conquered all of de New World yet? What is an Armstrong? And, if it is not rude to ask, Señor Gato, in what year did you die? And what year have you come here from?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Okay, if I remember correctly, that's a cloudy sky, but with the alchohol portion of a howler instead of the gin...
Huh. didn't think that one was at all popular, especially enough to have someone ask for it when it's not on the list.

getting out the ingredients and mixing up the drink in question, he glances over his shoulder and comments as he works, "My history's rusty, but didn't that one collapse in on itself in the 1800s?"

a moment later the drink is ready and waiting on the counter.

Here you go.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Spanish empire? no. Pretty sure McDonalds has though." Flash joked.

"Neil Armstrong." Pascal pitched in. "First human to ever set foot on the moon. In my time, everybody's scrambling to be the first one to set up a colony on Mars."
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Tha'd be summat," Owain opined, staring into his glass as though trying to work out just how strong an intoxicant it was by looking at it, "trav'llin' to the nefoedd wi' ease. Uh, I mean... um... 'eavens."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"where I come from, colonizing Mars was attempted by the 2090's, but failed miserably" Houston chuckled and winced from it.

"By the 2240's almost all major governments collapsed from war, and communities were left stranded by the worldwide earthquake in 2259. In short terms, it's 2285 where I'm from. If you're lucky enough to be able to find water that isn't poisoned by CO2, you're rich, if not, you're dead. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble"

He went back to working on opening the box he brought in with him, pulling out a thin silver tube about a meter long, no bigger around than Pepito. Looking at Rem, "Any idea what this is"?
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Uh, okay well I can certainly help you with your electrical needs. Though I might know a little less than you think. It's a bit like asking someone who's not a doctor in depth questions about an organic body." Miguel said with a shrug. "Also, I have a quick question. How did your world manage to poison water with carbon dioxide?"
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Buster wrote:Okay, if I remember correctly, that's a cloudy sky, but with the alchohol portion of a howler instead of the gin...
Huh. didn't think that one was at all popular, especially enough to have someone ask for it when it's not on the list.

getting out the ingredients and mixing up the drink in question, he glances over his shoulder and comments as he works, "My history's rusty, but didn't that one collapse in on itself in the 1800s?"

a moment later the drink is ready and waiting on the counter.

Here you go.
Wazan grabbed the drink from the counter. She hoped that it tasted good. It smelled like those trendy drinks with a sting that jarviser would drink, and tastes like one too. She slowly drank the beverage, and felt tipsy afterwards.

"<That tasted good.>" Wazan remarked.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

IamJackieChun wrote:"where I come from, colonizing Mars was attempted by the 2090's, but failed miserably" Houston chuckled and winced from it.
Wait, Failed? That can't be right I have a sister who's been living in New Berlin up there ever since Iron and the others helped me take down Father for good. Strike interjected confusion showing plainly on her features as she tilted her head to the side in an unspoken question: how?
IamJackieChun wrote: "By the 2240's almost all major governments collapsed from war, and communities were left stranded by the worldwide earthquake in 2259. In short terms, it's 2285 where I'm from. If you're lucky enough to be able to find water that isn't poisoned by CO2, you're rich, if not, you're dead. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble"
"That... would require the atmosphereic pressure to be so high, or the air to be so saturated that the carbonic acid can't evaporate... but you're not wearing a breathing mask..." commented sounding skeptical, quirking an eyebrow and inadvertently ignoring Wazan for a moment. "Even then, carbonated water isn't toxic at any concentration that could occur outside of a lab."
IamJackieChun wrote:He went back to working on opening the box he brought in with him, pulling out a thin silver tube about a meter long, no bigger around than Pepito. Looking at Rem, "Any idea what this is"?
"A stick?" Remnant answered sarcastically.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I don' even know wha' cab'nated wat'r is," Owain asked in confusion
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"if you force carbon dioxode into water, you get carbonic acid, which is most commonly used to give beverages bubbles. referred to as being 'carbonated'."
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Chemistry wasn't my best subject" Houston chuckled, trying not to get frustrated. Being one armed didn't help anything. "Its like Owain said, different realities, the whole world went down the drain where I'm from is the point I'm trying to get at.
"As for you, this is part of an old radio antenna. I figure we may be able to fix it to get you to where your home reality is"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"So what's your plan with the radio antenna? I'm not entirely sure I understand what it's supposed to connect to or what it's supposed to transmit or receive."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles chuckled, doing some math.

"<No biggie Peppito,>" Miles said, "<I was 6 when I died in 1920, and I believe it's October 2018.>" He then said it again in English for everyone else.

"No Flash, I WON'T give away super bowl winners, so you can bet on 'em, heh," Miles said, "Though, they'd probably be different anyhow." He then turned to Strike.

"I wouldn't worry. We come from different universes, or Earths, too, not just different years," he said, taking another sip of his drink, "Heh, I'm surprised anyone wants to listen to a, 98, I think the math is right, someone correct me if I'm wrong, if not it's 104, year old spirit, heh."
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Deske wrote:"So what's your plan with the radio antenna? I'm not entirely sure I understand what it's supposed to connect to or what it's supposed to transmit or receive."
Wazan looked at the strange rod the strange man brought. Great alcohol tolerance is not a trait denniser are known to possess. She was confused with the words that was batted around. The words "carbonated" and "carbon dioxide" existed in her language, but they're so rare and arcane that the only instances of them ever being used was in precursory texts. The rest were interesting tidbits: time periods several centuries ahead of hers (at least in her calendar), a man who set steps on the moon, and settlers scrambling to set up homes in a strange land called "Mars."

Wazan walked over, and snatched the rod for examination. She doesn't see anything like these often. "Radio antenna" was one of the terms often used interchangeably with precursor artifacts that produced supernatural voices.

"<Maybe this is a remembrance cylinder. Microscopic writings are written in it, and then read by some other part.>"

IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Simple, we put it together, along with the little flip pad the halo'd kid has,creating a (TETHER) so to speak."
Not realizing Wazan took the antenna out of his hand, he continued blabbing about his plan to use some of Rem's DNA (so long as he's willing to) to get him back able to go home.
Finally realizing he was no longer holding the antenna, he looks at wazan, not realizing she can't speak English "Can I have that back, please"?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel stared at Houston for a few seconds deciding whether or not to tell him that he didn't think Rem's world existed anymore. Ultimately, he decided against saying it outright, "What's it going to tether to on the other end?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:"Spanish empire? no. Pretty sure McDonalds has though." Flash joked.

"Neil Armstrong." Pascal pitched in. "First human to ever set foot on the moon. In my time, everybody's scrambling to be the first one to set up a colony on Mars."
Pepito looks disappointed at the news of his beloved empire but he bursts out laughing when Pascal mentions the moon, spraying another mouthful of drink over the table.
"Okay, now I know you are pulling on my leg!" he chortles, wiping tears away.
"Everyone knows dat dis is impossible. Even de birds cannot fly dat high and man cannot fly at all! If he was meant to fly den he would have been given wings!" The diminutive rat flaps his arms to emphasise his point.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

IamJackieChun wrote:"Simple, we put it together, along with the little flip pad the halo'd kid has,creating a (TETHER) so to speak."
Not realizing Wazan took the antenna out of his hand, he continued blabbing about his plan to use some of Rem's DNA (so long as he's willing to) to get him back able to go home.
Finally realizing he was no longer holding the antenna, he looks at wazan, not realizing she can't speak English "Can I have that back, please"?
Wazan handed the strange rod back.

"<What are you trying to do? Make an anchor?>"

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"'S poss'ble, Pepito," Owain explained after nodding thanks to Rem for an explanation that he just about understood, "Figure my world's no' only diff'rent to Miles bu' I'd died.. 'undr'ds a years afore him?" He smiled and got Pepito a small drink. "'Ere I reck'n all things're poss'ble."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Heh, well, I'm sure your familiar with these," Miles said, making a hologram of an early Chinese based rocket.

"Well, eventually we learn how to make them out of metal, and make them really big, really big, AND get inside them," Miles said.

Then he slowly transformed it into a modern rocket. With all the pieces coming together. Then men climbed up into the rocket system, and the rocket blasted off into space, with the men inside, until above their heads, the men landed on the moon, picked up some rocks, went back to the ship, and then landed back down on Earth. The hologram ended.

"Kinda amazing isn't it?" Miles said.

"I suppose it's true as the saying goes: Any sufficiently advanced form of science is almost indistinguishable from magic, heh," Miles said.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

gesturing at Houston, rem looks around to the others. "Am I the only one completely lost?" he asks sounding baffled.
FlanDab wrote:Wazan walked over, and snatched the rod for examination. She doesn't see anything like these often. "Radio antenna" was one of the terms often used interchangeably with precursor artifacts that produced supernatural voices.

"<Maybe this is a remembrance cylinder. Microscopic writings are written in it, and then read by some other part.>"
if you mean it's computerized, maybe, but that's overkill for an antenna. all you need for one of those is a coil a resistor a magnet and a wire. they're really simple. Strike decided to toss in her two cents, before retrieving the steam powered arm from the floor and proceeding to take it apart, trying to remember what she could of her engineering extension courses as the fiddled around with it's insides.

setting it down a moment and heading into the back room, she returns with the spare blender before pulling that apart for it's servo motor and speed controller.

"Hey! What are you- Don't take that apart, I need that."

she's not listening, after a minute or two she's rigged up an air compressor and purged the steam from the, now pneumatic, pistons in the arm, before closing it up.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:gesturing at Houston, rem looks around to the others. "Am I the only one completely lost?" he asks sounding baffled.
Owain almost coughed into his drink at the question. "Are y' really askin' tha'?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Hadn't thought about that" Houston said to Miguel. Turning around, he finds Strike working on his arm. Having an idea form from seeing her work "Just what I needed, a genius!!!"

Finally realizing that Wazan uses hand signals to communicate {In a way, yes. I'm trying to help the owner get home}.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Wait, are you referring to me? All i did was replace a ruined part with a more practical one. Strike signed, noticing houston trying to talk to her. Hate to break it to you, but anyone with a screwdriver who made it through high-school shop class could have done that.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Pretty sure'n I don' get mor'n tri word's outta bump.. uhm, t'ree outta five," Owain confided to Rem.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"If it's going to act like a regular antenna, it needs something to either receive or send to, or else the data just goes out and does nothing."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

focusing on owain and missing houston's conversation with Wazan, rem quietly explains, "Oh, well that part i can help with. simple version he seems to think replacing a part inside the little box device i let the others mess with, with what seems to be a bulkier lower quality version of the same part, is somehow going to let it receive signals that can't travel as far as he seems to think they can even with the higher quality part."

Leaning back away from owain and raising his voice back to it's normal volume, "The part i'm not getting is what the point is or how this is supposed to accomplish anything."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:Pepito looks disappointed at the news of his beloved empire but he bursts out laughing when Pascal mentions the moon, spraying another mouthful of drink over the table.
"Okay, now I know you are pulling on my leg!" he chortles, wiping tears away.
"Everyone knows dat dis is impossible. Even de birds cannot fly dat high and man cannot fly at all! If he was meant to fly den he would have been given wings!" The diminutive rat flaps his arms to emphasise his point.
"They don't have wings, but they do have problem solving skills. They wanted to fly, so they made things that let them fly. Then they wanted to explore farther, so they made things to take them there." Pascal explained.
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel could only give Rem a small shrug. "Houston that seems like it'd be a pretty important part of using an antenna though, right? Perhaps we should iron that out before we get in too deep?"
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

IamJackieChun wrote:"Hadn't thought about that" Houston said to Miguel. Turning around, he finds Strike working on his arm. Having an idea form from seeing her work "Just what I needed, a genius!!!"

Finally realizing that Wazan uses hand signals to communicate {In a way, yes. I'm trying to help the owner get home}.
Wazan paused for a moment to process what he just said. "<Get home where? Isn't the owner already home?>"

As far she was concerned, the lounge was homely enough that it might as well be home. Perhaps there was a home other than this one they're trying to take back.
Buster wrote: if you mean it's computerized, maybe, but that's overkill for an antenna. all you need for one of those is a coil a resistor a magnet and a wire. they're really simple. Strike decided to toss in her two cents, before retrieving the steam powered arm from the floor and proceeding to take it apart, trying to remember what she could of her engineering extension courses as the fiddled around with it's insides.
Wazan hardly understood any of that. She was no expert in technology, but she knew that you still need to read them. Writing them down was a good way of making sure they don't fade from memory before you can decipher them.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I will believe it when I have seen it wit' my own eyes." Pepito states, picking up his drink again. "I mean no offence."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I will believe it when I have seen it wit' my own eyes." Pepito states, picking up his drink again. "I mean no offence."
Miles leaned on an elbow on the counter with a massive grin.

"<Says the mouse, talking with a bear, a couple canines, a cat, a larger mouse, a faster mouse, a shapeshifting otter, in a weird place and time, drinking something he isn't entirely sure what it is>," Miles said. Taking a larger sip of his drink.

Luckily, there are no elephants in the room, heh. Miles thought to himself.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pepito bristles at this comment.
<"I am a rat, Pussycat, and proud of it! I am just small."> he corrects although his anger isn't quite properly conveyed due to his squeakiness.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters