SRP: Lounging around

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: SRP: Lounging around

Post by CyberDragon »

The idea of an afterlife originally gave Flash hope. It confirmed that he would be seeing everyone he had lost again. Then the spirit started talking about his mass murdering "friends" and the girl who rejected him even after he gave up heaven for her just left him feeling depressed and empty, and it showed from his expression and uncharacteristic silence.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Sounds a fun thin' t'do," Owain agreed, "controllin' a car an' all. Do peopl' still walk in th' future wi' such marv'ls?" He tapped Flash on the back softly. "Don't worry, Flish. Jus' a bad day is all. He waited for the ghost (and Flash) to reply.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Could be far worse than a gainax ending. try living in a world maintained by a goddess who at one point drops the ball on said maintaining of said world, and everyone just disappears. no idea where they went or how to get back to em." rem grumbles rolling his eyes, before pausing and looking at owain funny. interrupting with, "you know cars don't fit through doors right?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," Owain said unsurely, hoping he didn't sound uneducated. "A'course. But y' 'ave path's 'n roads t' trav'l too. Can't 'magine many walk wi' them marv'ls."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Unless you're a feral the size of a toothpick..." Flash stated glumly in a low voice. His mood was not improving.
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You 'ave an Arth... uh..." he made oblique signs indicating a Bear and then, reluctantly, indicated Deus, "'im. Bet'r than a Car in s'me ways, hmm?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Depends on where you are," Miguel began explaining to Owain, "A lot of the larger cities have public transportation that takes the place of cars for a lot of people. These cities are usually laid out in a way that lets people walk where they need to. Usually to the detriment of cars. As for you," He looked down at Flash, hunching forward so he was closer to his level, "I wouldn't get so down thinking about what he said. You've got different friends, different loved ones, I doubt things'll turn out the same way."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Urgggghuh I LOVE/HATE those. Love 'em cause their so weird. HATE them cause that means the series is over. Or even worse, it's just a forum thread that isn't posted on any more and it fades to the bottom and eaten by the server monster and forgotten. Sigh," he says, then he turns to Flash, with a kind smile, "What's bothering ya good critter?"

"But yeah Owain we still do," he said, "That's how people keep from getting fat and lazy!"
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel lifted an eyebrow, "That was... oddly specific. Brings me to a question though," He turned to Rem, "What kind of universe is this? Is it just a room or is there more to it than that?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"well, there's this building, but outside is just a blank void." rem explains with a sigh, "you can sort of 'will' things to come back, but they don't always come back complete, or right, so I've been focused more on keeping this place whole."

"I thought if i could get this place up and running, get the door working, i might see a few of the others again since that thing doesn't obey time and space's normal rules." he explains walking over to the door and sliding a small keypad out from the frame. tapping a few buttons before opening it, it doesn't go somewhere else this time, just out into empty white. "If you want to take a look around, you can. maybe something will come of it."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Well maybe we can help with that" Houston said with a little gruff in his voice. "With the lot of our mechanical know-how, and your guidance , well it shouldn't be too much of a problem... Considering my mechanical arm and Miguel's robotics, we should have that door fixed in no time..."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel hopped off the chair he'd been sitting on and walked over to the door, "Will things into existence... So, what's wrong with it that needs fixing?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I 'ave lit'l t'say on blank voids," Owain said, still waiting on Flash, "bu' I c'n prob'ly fix th' wood part."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"You 'ave an Arth... uh..." he made oblique signs indicating a Bear and then, reluctantly, indicated Deus, "'im. Bet'r than a Car in s'me ways, hmm?"
"Yeah, he's much better than some dumb car." Flash said, a little happier. "I saw him throw a car once just to see if he could. It didn't go very far, but it did get off the ground!"
xhunterko wrote:"Urgggghuh I LOVE/HATE those. Love 'em cause their so weird. HATE them cause that means the series is over. Or even worse, it's just a forum thread that isn't posted on any more and it fades to the bottom and eaten by the server monster and forgotten. Sigh," he says, then he turns to Flash, with a kind smile, "What's bothering ya good critter?"
"It's... It's just I've lost a lot of people. Every friend I've met up until recently has been eaten or killed in some other way. Deus and I never even knew our families. We grew up with each other, and that's it." He said, trying to hide his tears. "When you walked in all ghost like, it... gave me some hope, you know? Then you started talking about how your afterlife has been more rough than your life was, and... I don't know... I guess the feeling of hope got replaced."

Deus was watching Flash. His face showed genuine concern for his friend, but he didn't know what to say.
-Champion Motto

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles smiled.

"Just remember," he said, "This is only a small amount of time in my afterlife. I CHOSE to help my friends save their world. Eternity is forever, and if I can spend some of it trying to help solve a problem, then that is time well spent. And any time spent with friends is time well spent indeed. Eventually we'll have this problem sorted, and it's either back to heaven, or possibly back to life for me, but, I think I'm choosing heaven. And if you want some more hope friend."

He smiled.

"Heaven IS as good as they say," he said, "You'll find that out when you get up there."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Deske wrote:Miguel hopped off the chair he'd been sitting on and walked over to the door, "Will things into existence... So, what's wrong with it that needs fixing?"
"Thats the frustrating part, as fas as I can tell, nothing." Rem stated, throwing his hands up in the air for emphasis, "But the closest I've gotten it to go to somewhere familiar, is the 'out of order' sign for when it cant find an exit point."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel poked his head out the door and looked around before taking a careful step out into the void. The expanse shuddered as a spec of darkness off in the distance grew, quickly encompassing the "room". A few clicks were heard, followed by a gentle whirring noise that came from some unknown source off in the distance, seemingly coming from one direction, but then changing to another if attempts were made to find the source. Miguel took another step into the room, each step radiating a grid-like projection on the floor. "Let's try a memory..." He stared into the darkness and for a moment nothing happened until suddenly shapes appeared, random at first, but slowly the began fitting their way into a scene. A basic wireframe model of a table stood before him, followed slowly by a rather basic looking model. It lifted an eyebrow as it built itself, clipping through the table at first then snapping into a seated position on top of it. He turned around as another larger model began building itself in front of the table, "You know, up until this point, it never really occurred to me 'how' I thought. I should have expected something that basically equates to "compiling"." He chuckled as the scene fully built itself, the walls of a garage surrounding him, textures showing up on the previously bare surfaces, fur and hair layering itself in as the finishing touches to the scene were finalized. There was a slight pause before the animations loaded in; lights began swaying; dust floated in the sunbeam that was being cast through a window; papers fluttered occasionally as the fan oscillated across the room. The figure on the table, a slightly rougher looking version of Miguel, stared blankly at the Man standing in front of him. The man flipped a page of the notebook he was carrying and looked down at it then back up at the droid, 'Set name, Miguel. Save to system. Begin.' The droids eyes lit up slightly as it came to life.

'Hello.'
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Erm," Owain said, recalling he'd not eaten in some considerable time, "D'y do bwyd...uh, foods?
Were thinkin' of suumat like Cheeses an' pickl's?
"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Oh, right, sorry." Rem answers realizing he got a bit distracted, and heads back to the counter, preparing a variety plate of the different kinds of cheeses and pickles he has on hand. Bring it over as soon as it's ready.

((Sorry. >.<))
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash looked up at Miles. His eyes were watery. "Thanks." He squeaked. "That means a lot."

eager to move on from the conversation, he turned to Rem. "Do you have any grain? Maybe fish for my friend? Though... I'm afraid I don't have money to pay with... Deus was going to get a job but he hasn't had the chance."
-Champion Motto

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"AAAAAAAAAAAA-OOF! AAAA-Oof! Urg..." The diminutive rat shakes himself as he sits up fair in the middle of Owain's food, having gotten there via a brief stop on the mouse's head.
"¡Ay! ¡Qué susto! ¿Qué pasó?"* he mutters, dazedly trying to get his bearings.

*What a surprise! What just happened? (loosely translated).
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain blinked as he looked at the Rat in his food and wondered exactly how many realities had tiny versions of him in them. Normlly Rats were vermin to be feared but, at this size difference, he was prepared to be polite. He didn't know much of what the little fellow was saying but he'd heard something similar on his travels once at a port and they'd taught him a few phrases over a week. If he could remember them. "Buenos dais," he said haltingly before putting a hand to his chest. "me...me nomberra Owain?" He frowned. He was pretty sure he'd gotten that wrong. "'ab..." He thought hard for a moment. It had been a few months past. "'abloss galés? I...Inglés?" He wondered if the little fellow had an Oren. He'd like to try one of those again.

((Basically 'Good morning, My name is Owain. Do you speak Marcher?(Welsh) or English?') And Oren is, of course, an Orange.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Flash ran over and climbed onto the food plate to help the new arrival up. "Are you Ok?" he asked, pulling the rat to his feet. "I couldn't understand you. Can you understand me?"

At that moment, Flash heard another voice from above them. "AAAAH! Look out below!" followed by a very loud THUD as the second rat fell from above and landed hard face-down on the counter. Flash bolted over to him, moving in a blur. He tried to help the rat up, but found him way too heavy to even budge. "Jeeze, it's raining rats! Are YOU Ok?!"

"oOoOoh... I'mmmm fiiiine. Jus' a little dizzy... woah." The rat stood up, wobbling a little. He was five times as tall as Flash and was completely covered in old scars. There were even places where his fur and even skin seemed to be completely missing. Though, where the skin was missing Flash could see a thick, hard shell with shiny swirls of different shades of blues and purples and greens. "I've been hit harder than that before."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel turned around and stepped back through the door, the memory crumbling around him as he did so, "I heard more screams and a rather good attempt at Spanish, should I assume we have more visitors?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah, I am okay. Sí, I can understand you." Pepito answers Flash, getting shakily to his feet. He turns unsteadily towards Owain as Flash runs away.
"Sí, Inglé- Oh! Slipping over, he lands heavily on his tail as he stares up at Owain.
"Forgive me, señor, but you are the bigges' mouse I have ever seen! How are you so big? Is it some kind of magic?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Your welcome," Miles said to Flash after he stopped running for a second.

That's what we're here for.
He thought. He then regarded the new arrivals.

"Wow! So much all at once! You guys okay? What are your name's folks?" He said.

Picking up his drink.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain smiled genially down at the newcomer. "Poss'bly," he conceded, "No magic from where I c'me from, bach but this place? Think it's 'ere, aye? This lot?" he indicated the others. "All from t'future, aye. All got things I nev'r seen afore." He offered a hand to sit on.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

xhunterko wrote:"Your welcome," Miles said to Flash after he stopped running for a second.

That's what we're here for.
He thought. He then regarded the new arrivals.

"Wow! So much all at once! You guys okay? What are your name's folks?" He said.

Picking up his drink.
"Oof... Yeah, I'm fine. I'm Pascal, and..." The rat suddenly realized who, or rather what, he was talking to. "Oh, come on! I didn't hit the ground that hard! You won't be taking me today. I'm too stubborn for that, and I've got too much stuff I need to do today. Like living." Turning away from the spirit, his eyes couldn't help but fall on Owain. His mouth dropped open for a second before he closed it again. He sized the mouse up. "Eh, I think I could still take you." He said jokingly. "Like I said, I'm Pascal. I'm a lab rat. Or I was anyway. I got out."

Flash, meanwhile was zipping about, checking out Pascal's scars and particularly the shell showing from under his fur.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Well, I've got this stu... uh..." Rem starts, holding one of those little single-serving cerial boxes that says 'Uncle Sam' on it, that he just dug out, before leaning over the counter to get a better look at the newest arrivals. "You lot better not get me in trouble with some kind of extra dimensional health authority."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I am Pepito Diego Rodriguez of the good ship Impudence." Pepito answers, turning towards Miles. "What is this pla-a-a- Ghost!" Peptio hurriedly makes his sign to ward off evil in Miles' direction and promptly slips over again, this time landing on Owain's outstretched paw.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"R'lax, ffrind Pepito," Owain chuckled, hoping the Rat had had a soft landing. "'E's fine. Bi' 'nnoyd but fine. Where were y' afore here?" He nodded to the other. "H'lo Pascal," he said, offering the handpaw Pepito wasn't sitting on. "Owain Ap Daffydd a' y'r service."
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Well, I've got this stu... uh..." Rem starts, holding one of those little single-serving cerial boxes that says 'Uncle Sam' on it, that he just dug out, before leaning over the counter to get a better look at the newest arrivals. "You lot better not get me in trouble with some kind of extra dimensional health authority."
Pascal rolled his eyes. "Relax. I said I'm a lab rat. I know how to keep clean."

"What's with the shiny stuff?" Flash finally asked from Pascal.

"Oh, yeah, I'm part abalone." He replied, tapping the exposed shell.

"What's an 'abalone'?" Flash asked, tilting his head.

"Honestly, no clue. I'm guessing it has a shell though."
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"R'lax, ffrind Pepito," Owain chuckled, hoping the Rat had had a soft landing. "'E's fine. Bi' 'nnoyd but fine. Where were y' afore here?" He nodded to the other. "H'lo Pascal," he said, offering the handpaw Pepito wasn't sitting on. "Owain Ap Daffydd a' y'r service."
Pascal turned to Owain and shook one of his fingers. Pascal's grip, fitting of his name, was surprisingly strong for his size. "Nice to meet you. Gotta say it even though I'm sure these two already have." He gestured toward Flash and Pepito. "You're really really big. Were you an experiment too?"
-Champion Motto

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Owain chuckled a near mirth-free chuckle. "'eard it once'r twice," he said, "bu' no alcemydd.. uh... alch'mist tre'd me. We're all li' this where'n I come from. This place," he said carefully, "seem's t' link t' oth'r worlds."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Good to know." Rem comments with a smile, walking around the counter and setting down the box next to the accumulation of rodents "As i was saying, I've got this stuff. it says it's whole grain cereal, but i don't really keep unprocessed baking supplies on hand, so it's the closest I've got."

Turning back to head to the kitchen he glances over his shoulder and comments "Not seems to, it does cross worlds. And Space, and time. if it still existed here, you'd be on earth." before disappearing from sight. after a few moments the smell of grilled salmon can be noticed coming from within.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

"Huh." Pascal said, sounding very slightly interested in what Owain and Rem had said. "Cool." And that was it. He didn't question it any further. His nose tilted upward as he smelled the scent of salmon. Deus did likewise. "Ooh, that smells good. Do you think I'll be able to have some?"

"You aren't at all weirded out by the whole "linking other worlds" thing?" Flash asked, nibbling on some cerial.

"The day I escaped the lab, I was rescued by a tiger who was also a spruce. Nothing's weird to me anymore."
-Champion Motto

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles smiled and chuckled, but that ship name rang a bell.

"Pffft, please, with THIS on my head?" Miles said, pointing at the halo.

"Relax, ain't no ghost here," he said, then he paused, "Wait, did you say Impudence? Has one of your crew members gone missing by any chance?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Think t'only re's'n I'm no' yn wallgof.. uhm... 'nsane," Owain said, tapping his head before beginning to deal with his food, "is coz I don' und'rstand one word in three they says."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ehhh... I am sorry, señor Owain, but I am finding your accent very hard to understand. Inglés, he is not my first language." Pepito answers the giant mouse before his ears perk and he turns back to the angelic feline.
"Sí, another rata by the name of Gulley. He just vanished overnight. Do you know what happened to him?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Miguel stepped up to the counter and looked down it's length, "And who do we have here? More mice I see. Guess I shouldn't be surprised. You guys are quite populous."
IamJackieChun

Post by IamJackieChun »

"Were it not for the fact I'm still trying to figure out this door, I'd come say hi myself", Houston said, not even looking in everyone's general vicinity. "Will things into existence, eh?" he thought in his old skull, "well, I think that explains it, for the most part, and I don't think anyone's going to like where I'm going with it". After a couple minutes, he walks back to the bar, "Miguel, can I talk to you for a moment? I have a theory, and I may also have an answer"

Looking at the new arrivals "Just be lucky I'm a vegetarian..."