Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CyberDragon

Re: Non-HPU: Pokémon: Explorers of the Veil

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:”Oh right, Mary!” Lance said, before chuckling at his own mistake. ”I was thinking of someone completely different.” He took another bite of the noodle dish before speaking again. ”Are you sure she can help though? I mean, she’s an unparalleled healer, but this is.... different. He looked at everyone else at the table before switching the conversation over to the mind. Considering the effects it has on a subjects Aura, I’m not sure her normal methods will help with curing it. If we’re lucky it will slow down the spread of infection, but even that’s optimistic.
"You don't know because you don't see it, but Blissey eggs also have an effect on Aura." Hagane thought back, returning to his food. "Even if it's temporary, the eggs have been shown to change the personality of the Pokemon that consumes them. It makes them caring and kindhearted, and it eases sorrow."
Leafolawl wrote:The rockruff nods, either ignoring or uncaring of Baja's threat of a food fight. "I'm sure everyone can agree to that sentiment, at the very least." His attention flicks back to the head of the table briefly, but with the dragonite's glancing, figures he won't get much.

"Instead of doing this tomorrow, I'm Einar. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and a special thank you to the guild masters, for taking us in. I hope we can do you proud."
Buster wrote:"oh right, we didn't actually do that proper with anyone but Atum and Scallop." Rose comments to herself, taking a moment to check if she had too many crumbs on her, before shrugging and answering,
"So, are you always this formal? Learn to be a bit more wild dude. Anyway, I'm Rose, That's Baja." she says, having misread Einar's attempts thus far to act 'Normal'.

"HEW-WOOH EHNR!" Baja chimes in, apparently having found something else tasty to try.
Kimera looked around, his cheeks bulging and a noodle hanging out of his mouth. He swallowed his food and muffled a small burp before introducing himself properly. "Right, we haven't really introduced ourselves! My name is Kimera. It's kinda a reference to my chimerism." He said, gesturing to his half-shiny-half-normal checkerboard fur pattern. "Apparently I was supposed to be twins."
Leafolawl wrote:Chailyn smiles, looking back at the rattata. "Chailyn. I look forward to continuing to see you around here." The gloom then steps into the guild's dining room. "Excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt your meal, but it seems someone looking to be recruited got some slightly off directions."

Einar sighs with a slight bit of relief at the interruption.
"Welcome!" Hagane said. "You're just in time, actually. Take a seat and dig in before Kim eats it all." He said, giving a smile to his son.

"Daaaaaaad!" Kimera complained, before waving at Trent and pointing at an empty seat near them. "So what's your name?" He asked.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hawkfang42 wrote:"Oh, just a small house, I get my exercise from walking to the village from my house for shopping." He said
"So you're a bit of a hermit huh?" the feline asked with a chuckle, keeping a steady pace as they walked. "To each their own I guess, though I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't curious about that village you mentioned. I'm always looking for new places to trade. What did you say it was called?" he wondered, letting his gaze drift to the horizon, as the hills of home started to come into view.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

"Rising Village. I don't really know that much, I just get my food and stuff and go."
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:Einar looks back at the glameow, shaken by her remark on his mannerisms. "Uh, well... no, not really just... first day jitters. Best foot forward and all, and... some of us have four to choose from," he replies, smiling a bit sheepishly in the hopes the joke will keep things lighter.

------
Chailyn smiles, looking back at the rattata. "Chailyn. I look forward to continuing to see you around here." The gloom then steps into the guild's dining room. "Excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt your meal, but it seems someone looking to be recruited got some slightly off directions."

Einar sighs with a slight bit of relief at the interruption.
Leafolawl wrote:The rockruff nods, either ignoring or uncaring of Baja's threat of a food fight. "I'm sure everyone can agree to that sentiment, at the very least." His attention flicks back to the head of the table briefly, but with the dragonite's glancing, figures he won't get much.

"Instead of doing this tomorrow, I'm Einar. It's a pleasure to meet you all, and a special thank you to the guild masters, for taking us in. I hope we can do you proud."
Alum can't help but smirk a bit having noticed the pup get flustered just moments ago. He did hope it was due to the guild being new to him, as nothing good would come from the dog being unsure of himself.
CyberDragon wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:”Oh right, Mary!” Lance said, before chuckling at his own mistake. ”I was thinking of someone completely different.” He took another bite of the noodle dish before speaking again. ”Are you sure she can help though? I mean, she’s an unparalleled healer, but this is.... different. He looked at everyone else at the table before switching the conversation over to the mind. Considering the effects it has on a subjects Aura, I’m not sure her normal methods will help with curing it. If we’re lucky it will slow down the spread of infection, but even that’s optimistic.
"You don't know because you don't see it, but Blissey eggs also have an effect on Aura." Hagane thought back, returning to his food. "Even if it's temporary, the eggs have been shown to change the personality of the Pokemon that consumes them. It makes them caring and kindhearted, and it eases sorrow."
Atum felt it best to chime in "Yes, but you're forgetting that for her to help us, we'd need to find where the wanderer went. Someone who we can't trust to stay in one location is gonna be hard to track down." He turned to see Chailyn leading in a ratatta of all things.
Champion Wallace wrote:"Exploration Society, hm." Trent says to himself. "I think I can work with a name like that." "Thank you for taking time out of your day to show us here." The Weavile says, taking a bite out of her Oran half. "mm, that's a good berry. I hope you don't take any offense when I say I hope Trent won't need your services. Trent remember: have fun, don't get into any fights with the other Pokémon, and do as your told." Bending down she gives him a kiss on his forehead. "Phoebeee." Trent whines with an expression like Keene's in the last panel. "I'm not a baby anymore." "I know, it's just... Anyway, run along now and introduce yourself to everyone. Phoebe stands up and starts walking away. Trent watches her leave longingly, but quickly recovers and turns back to the Gloom. "So. Where are all the members? Although foremost, where are my manners? I do believe I forgot to ask for your name. I'm Trent, by the way."
CyberDragon wrote:"Welcome!" Hagane said. "You're just in time, actually. Take a seat and dig in before Kim eats it all." He said, giving a smile to his son.

"Daaaaaaad!" Kimera complained, before waving at Trent and pointing at an empty seat near them. "So what's your name?" He asked.
Scallop waved him over as well, trying to guess the rat's level just by looking over how much muscle mass was on him, which proved difficult on a creature so small.
Atum chuckled at Kimera's response. "Your son is still so easily embarrassed, he's lucky you aren't his grandfather." A particular memory hit his mind and he laughed bit more "I sometimes wonder if you asked me to join the team just so you could insure I never spilled the beans on any of the things that happened on your birthdays"
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

James yawned, "I'm getting kind of tired.. Sorry." James fell asleep.
Rp characters
Deske

Post by Deske »

T put a paw over his muzzle to stifle a laugh at Kimera's embarrassment. He gave a small wave to the newcomer.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Jewel was going to ask for clarification about something James had said when he watched him flop over.
"Really?" Jewel deadpanned, sounding very much like his younger sister in that moment. Dragging a paw down his face and letting out a sigh, he lifted the other Pokemon up and got him off the road. They were at the crossroads by that point, so this would have been as far as the cat would have accompanied him anyway. At least there he wouldn't get stepped on or something.

by the time James would wake, he'd be alone. under a tree sheltered by a low hanging branch, and with a small square of paper tucked under him the words "Just this once." scribbled on the back, and a detailed map of the local trade routes inside, were he to unfold it.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

James woke, he saw the Glameow leaving, "Why am I not surprised, and why did he give me a map? Oh well, time to go home. ...

When James got home he started shaving his fur after realizing that it had grown too much, his paws slipped and he dropped the razor on his foot, James used thunder fang on the sink, electrified water coming out, the wood wall caught on fire and quickly spread, "oh no, oh no, oh no," he tried yelling for help until he remembered he was in a burning house and he was not even in the village. He grabbed some berries and ran out of the house.
universe related fix: When he got home he walked over to his bucket of water when he tripped, Out of surprise he accidentally used Thunder Fang on the water causing the electrified water to catch the bucket on fire quickly spreading in the house, he ran out. He fell asleep
Rp characters
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Leafolawl wrote:Chailyn smiles, looking back at the rattata. "Chailyn. I look forward to continuing to see you around here." The gloom then steps into the guild's dining room. "Excuse me. I'm sorry to interrupt your meal, but it seems someone looking to be recruited got some slightly off directions."
CyberDragon wrote:"Welcome!" Hagane said. "You're just in time, actually. Take a seat and dig in before Kim eats it all." He said, giving a smile to his son.

Gameb18oy wrote:Scallop waved him over as well, trying to guess the rat's level just by looking over how much muscle mass was on him, which proved difficult on a creature so small.
Deske wrote:T put a paw over his muzzle to stifle a laugh at Kimera's embarrassment. He gave a small wave to the newcomer.
"Thank you for such a warm welcome. I hope in time I can get aquatinted with all of you. My name is Trent. If you'll have me, I'm here to join." Trent saunters over to sit between Rose and Scallop. He uses his teeth to fill his plate with as much food as those around him, despite quite possibly having the smallest body size of those present. Turning to his right to talk over the otter, he asks T "You look rather young to be a member. Where are your parents?"
The cape comes with the promotion.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T shrugged, "Dunno. Hatched, looked around, they weren't there. I looked around, nothing but the trees and the grass." He picked up a few noodles and swallowed them, "Odd question to start out with though instead of something about my parents working here. Something happen to yours?"
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”Well if we can figure out if she’s following a particular route, we just need to meet her at the next stop on that route. Of course, that’s being optimistic. It’s likely going to be a while before we manage to track her down.” Lance said, before piling more of Alan’s noodle dish onto his plate. It seems he really liked it.
-
Luke greeted the newcomer with a small wave as he looked up from his food. ”Nice to meet you. My name’s Luke.” He glanced at the food Alan had put on his plate, before grabbing a Bluk Berry pastry and handing it to the Rattata. ”Try this one. It’s my dads favorite.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar plucks another bread roll with a slight huff. "Nothing to be embarrassed about for having a healthy appetite, Kimera. I've always been told you should eat your fill and no less." he assures. Though, his stiff approach to eating has him going through his grabbings fairly slowly.

Chailyn gives another nod. "I suppose I should head back out then. Sorry again to interrupt, but I'm glad that everyone's gathered now.~" She spins around, taking a few steps... then looks back. "I'll see everyone tomorrow. Have a pleasant night," she leaves as a final note before stepping back out of sight.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Father's version of that was 'Don't take more than you can afford. Tabs aren't fun to deal with.' He never explained what a tab was though." Rose chimed in listening to einar and Kimera.

Baja meanwhile has decided food can wait, and T needs a hug after saying something that sad. So she did.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T was taken aback by the hug. He'd never received such affection from anyone, previously when someone wrapped their arms or paws around him, they were trying to turn him in for taking something. But he hadn't taken anything this time. It felt warm and soft instead of firm, but nobody would try to grab him if he hadn't done something.
Even as his heart beat faster and his breathing quickened, T was trying to calm himself down.
Surely he hadn't done anything wrong. But why was she grabbing him and why was it so loose? Was it a trick? He'd get out and then that Lucario would catch him at the door. But Kimera had said his dad already knew. He didn't seem worried that he'd run and T hadn't thought of running at all, up until this point. He breathed, in and out, in and out...
As much as he was trying to stay calm, it didn't stop his ears from pulling back and a small snarl from showing up on his muzzle. His eyes flicked across the room, settling a wide-eyed, worried look on Kimera.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

seemingly oblivious to his negative reaction, baja lets go and goes back to her spot leaving the no doubt confused (just regular confused, not the status effect) pokemon where he was, her attention on looking for something else tasty to try.

"Bleh... that ones too dry..." she mumbles to herself after tasting something.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Giving himself a shake, T settles the fur that had risen on his tail, wiping the look off his face in the process. He glanced around the room, stopping on Trent and hoping to continue the conversation. Though he was still a little confused, he made a mental note to ask why Baja had done that.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:Atum felt it best to chime in "Yes, but you're forgetting that for her to help us, we'd need to find where the wanderer went. Someone who we can't trust to stay in one location is gonna be hard to track down." He turned to see Chailyn leading in a ratatta of all things.
"She's drawn to misery and sadness." Hagane said, taking another bite of his food. "It's why she didn't want to stay in the first place. She could feel the sadness out there, and couldn't sit still until she helped make it go away. She'll be wherever people are having problems right now, and that storm generated a ton of them in coastal and river towns. We could look there first."
Legotron123 wrote:”Well if we can figure out if she’s following a particular route, we just need to meet her at the next stop on that route. Of course, that’s being optimistic. It’s likely going to be a while before we manage to track her down.” Lance said, before piling more of Alan’s noodle dish onto his plate. It seems he really liked it.
"That is also true. I've been trying to track reports that sound like her. Mostly in the form of canceled jobs, particularly medicine delivery requests. There seems to be a pattern, but no real way to tell where it will go next."
Gameb18oy wrote:Scallop waved him over as well, trying to guess the rat's level just by looking over how much muscle mass was on him, which proved difficult on a creature so small.
Atum chuckled at Kimera's response. "Your son is still so easily embarrassed, he's lucky you aren't his grandfather." A particular memory hit his mind and he laughed bit more "I sometimes wonder if you asked me to join the team just so you could insure I never spilled the beans on any of the things that happened on your birthdays"
"Hey, Atum!" Hagane said, a little loudly. "Remember when we were discussing forbidden topics? Consider those birthdays among them."

- - - - -
Champion Wallace wrote:"Thank you for such a warm welcome. I hope in time I can get aquatinted with all of you. My name is Trent. If you'll have me, I'm here to join." Trent saunters over to sit between Rose and Scallop. He uses his teeth to fill his plate with as much food as those around him, despite quite possibly having the smallest body size of those present. Turning to his right to talk over the otter, he asks T "You look rather young to be a member. Where are your parents?"
"Hi Trent! I'm Kimera. Nice to meet you!"
Leafolawl wrote:Einar plucks another bread roll with a slight huff. "Nothing to be embarrassed about for having a healthy appetite, Kimera. I've always been told you should eat your fill and no less." he assures. Though, his stiff approach to eating has him going through his grabbings fairly slowly.
Kimera smiled and responded by filling up his plate again and stuffing his face full of food.
Buster wrote:"Father's version of that was 'Don't take more than you can afford. Tabs aren't fun to deal with.' He never explained what a tab was though." Rose chimed in listening to einar and Kimera.

Baja meanwhile has decided food can wait, and T needs a hug after saying something that sad. So she did.
Deske wrote:T was taken aback by the hug. He'd never received such affection from anyone, previously when someone wrapped their arms or paws around him, they were trying to turn him in for taking something. But he hadn't taken anything this time. It felt warm and soft instead of firm, but nobody would try to grab him if he hadn't done something.
Even as his heart beat faster and his breathing quickened, T was trying to calm himself down.
Surely he hadn't done anything wrong. But why was she grabbing him and why was it so loose? Was it a trick? He'd get out and then that Lucario would catch him at the door. But Kimera had said his dad already knew. He didn't seem worried that he'd run and T hadn't thought of running at all, up until this point. He breathed, in and out, in and out...
As much as he was trying to stay calm, it didn't stop his ears from pulling back and a small snarl from showing up on his muzzle. His eyes flicked across the room, settling a wide-eyed, worried look on Kimera.
Kimera wasn't as good at reading aura as his father, but he could definitely feel how T felt. He could feel his concern, panic, and confusion. the Riolu smiled and put a paw on T's shoulder. "You can relax, it's just a hug."
-Champion Motto

Deske

Post by Deske »

"A hug... Okay, it's a hug..." He looked down at his slowly vanishing plate of food, "But, why did she hug me?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

CyberDragon wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:Einar plucks another bread roll with a slight huff. "Nothing to be embarrassed about for having a healthy appetite, Kimera. I've always been told you should eat your fill and no less." he assures. Though, his stiff approach to eating has him going through his grabbings fairly slowly.
Kimera smiled and responded by filling up his plate again and stuffing his face full of food.
Buster wrote:"Father's version of that was 'Don't take more than you can afford. Tabs aren't fun to deal with.' He never explained what a tab was though." Rose chimed in listening to Einar and Kimera.
Einar gives the riolu a nod of approval... and uncertainly repeats the word, "Tab?" Though, his attention is quickly drawn back to the front of the table.
CyberDragon wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum felt it best to chime in "Yes, but you're forgetting that for her to help us, we'd need to find where the wanderer went. Someone who we can't trust to stay in one location is gonna be hard to track down." He turned to see Chailyn leading in a ratatta of all things.
"She's drawn to misery and sadness." Hagane said, taking another bite of his food. "It's why she didn't want to stay in the first place. She could feel the sadness out there, and couldn't sit still until she helped make it go away. She'll be wherever people are having problems right now, and that storm generated a ton of them in coastal and river towns. We could look there first."
Legotron123 wrote:”Well if we can figure out if she’s following a particular route, we just need to meet her at the next stop on that route. Of course, that’s being optimistic. It’s likely going to be a while before we manage to track her down.” Lance said, before piling more of Alan’s noodle dish onto his plate. It seems he really liked it.
"That is also true. I've been trying to track reports that sound like her. Mostly in the form of canceled jobs, particularly medicine delivery requests. There seems to be a pattern, but no real way to tell where it will go next."
The rockruff goes completely quiet as he starts to think, looking a little concerned. "... Hope they're okay..." he quietly mutters to himself, plucking another berry to munch on.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Atum only smirked a bit at Hagane's threat. "so you're saying if I don't want an aura sphere to the face, I should not mention anything like birthday number 16?” He chuckled a bit thinking about it. He regarded Hagane's suggestion with Mary with a bit more seriousness "That does make sense. But would she even stick around there? A lot of pokemon with abilities similar to hers live there. She could help but not like they can’t take care of it on their own."
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Deske wrote:"A hug... Okay, it's a hug..." He looked down at his slowly vanishing plate of food, "But, why did she hug me?"
"Probably 'cause of what you said about not knowing your parents." Kim said, refilling his plate for what might be the fourth time. Seems like the Riolu has a hollow leg. "You're also kinda fluffy, so... that might have something to do with it."

- - - - -
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum only smirked a bit at Hagane's threat. "so you're saying if I don't want an aura sphere to the face, I should not mention anything like birthday number 16?” He chuckled a bit thinking about it. He regarded Hagane's suggestion with Mary with a bit more seriousness "That does make sense. But would she even stick around there? A lot of pokemon with abilities similar to hers live there. She could help but not like they can’t take care of it on their own."
"It will be far more than just an aura sphere..." Hagane scowled. "She won't stick around for long. She only stays until the problems get to a level where the villages can handle it on their own. It's why if we're going to find her, we need to do it quickly."
-Champion Motto

Champion Wallace

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Luke." Trent starts eating the berry he was handed without spilling any of the purplish juice on himself. Either that, or it blends in with his fur color. Turning back to T, "I didn't mean it like that; I assumed your parents worked here or were close by and I expected you to point them out." Looking down, he continues, "But yea, your right. I don't know my parents, either. I was hatched by a Chansey who found my egg abandoned. She was all heart, but I was too much for her to take care of by herself. That's why I was placed with Sidney and Phoebe. Because they're in different egg groups, they couldn't have a baby of their own." Trent looks back up with a brighter expression. "Hey, I guess that means we have something in common, eh pooch."
Gameb18oy wrote:Atum only smirked a bit at Hagane's threat. "so you're saying if I don't want an aura sphere to the face, I should not mention anything like birthday number 16?”
Trent perks up when he hears the expression "an Aura Sphere to the face", but, thinking nothing of it, he returns to eating.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"Sorry Einar, I don't know what the word means either."

And now it's trent's turn for surprise hugs.

"Sorry about her, we kinda come from a big family. Seven if you don't count the orchard's hired help as honorary members, so thats what she thinks is normal, and this is probably reminding her of mom leaving." Rose tries to explain, sounding bitter and not making eye contact.

Sure enough the fur around baja's eyes is damp, and she mumbles something about no one else leaving them behind.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Yeah, I guess we do," he said, a light smile accompanying the words. He looked at his now curiously empty plate to the rest of the food on the table, though he didn't move to fill his plate. "Sorry you two had to go through that. Must be hard having someone only for them to go away," he said to Baja and Rose.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Buster wrote:"Sorry Einar, I don't know what the word means either."

And now it's trent's turn for surprise hugs.

"Sorry about her, we kinda come from a big family. Seven if you don't count the orchard's hired help as honorary members, so thats what she thinks is normal, and this is probably reminding her of mom leaving." Rose tries to explain, sounding bitter and not making eye contact.

Sure enough the fur around baja's eyes is damp, and she mumbles something about no one else leaving them behind.
Now it was Baja's turn to be hugged by a half-shiny chimeric Riolu.
-Champion Motto

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

considering she's still latched onto trent, making Kimera's hug seem more like a group hug, Baja misunderstands Kimera's intention about as much as he probably did her meaning. speaking a bit louder this time, "See? Got all of us now, new family. so no one else is leaving you behind. Either of you." when she says that last bit she looks over at T and makes a 'come here' gesture with her tail. freeing one paw and holding it out.

"Sap." Rose quietly grumbles.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T let out a resigned sigh and headed over to the group, carefully wiggling himself unto the cats grasp. He didn't really know what to do, so he awkwardly mimicked what everyone else was doing and tried his best to wrap his paws around Baja.
Champion Wallace

Buster wrote:And now it's trent's turn for surprise hugs.
”AGH! Get off of me!” Trent screams, wiggling free from Baja’s embrace. After he’s escaped he bares his teeth and leers at his "assaulter". Once he realizes what he's done, Trent's whole demeanor changes. "Oh! Sorry. I didn't mean to- It's just- I don't like other Pokémon touching me. Um, can we just get back to dinner?" Trent says walking meekly back to his plate.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Einar stares at the pokémon in the group hug for a moment, willing and unwilling participants alike. "... Right. All of you sort that out, I'm going to go actually look at all of the facilities, maybe figure some of them out." He turns to the head of the table and gives a nod before standing to walk out.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:Einar stares at the pokémon in the group hug for a moment, willing and unwilling participants alike. "... Right. All of you sort that out, I'm going to go actually look at all of the facilities, maybe figure some of them out." He turns to the head of the table and gives a nod before standing to walk out.
He is stopped by a brief “ahem” in his direction, Atum clearly aiming it at him. “You’re not allowed to look around without a member before you officially form a team. If you intend to go, you’ll need some one to go with you” He makes a motion to his son Scallop... the otter beginning to protest but is stopped by a quick scowl by the Umbreon. Scallop reluctantly leaves his plate to follow after Einar. “just tell me where we’re going. Dad only setup that rule because he doesn’t want anyone messing up rooms that are still being constructed”
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

The rockruff folds his ears back and lowers his tail a bit. "Uh... I'd rather not pull anyone from their food. I'll settle with some fresh air for now, you go ahead and eat." He looks towards Atum briefly, but his eyes linger mostly on Scallop, a bit of guilt written on his face.
Love me right now! Done.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:The rockruff folds his ears back and lowers his tail a bit. "Uh... I'd rather not pull anyone from their food. I'll settle with some fresh air for now, you go ahead and eat." He looks towards Atum briefly, but his eyes linger mostly on Scallop, a bit of guilt written on his face.
Scallop... for his part seems to manage a smile as he chuckled at the rock dog’s response. “oh don’t worry about it. I’m one of the guildmaster kids, I have to act like it.” He carefully whispers the next bit. “also helps Dad keeps a ton of candied pecha berries and gummies in his section of the guild. It’s literally impossible for me to go hungry if I know where he keeps his stuff” He moves ahead of Einar after saying this. “you want to go somewhere specific? I’ll show you to the team’s living quarters if not”
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

”If we need to get to her quickly, I think it might be best if you go alone.” Lance said to Hagane, taking a sip of Oran juice before continuing. ”You’re the fastest out of all of us with Extreme Speed. Me and Atum would just slow you down. Plus, at least one of us would need to stay here anyways to look after the guild hall.”
-
Luke perked up when Einar mentioned going to check out the living quarters. ”Watch your step outside Miss Taylor’s room. Sometimes the Combee spill some honey while they’re bringing it down to the kitchen, and it’s really hard to get out of your paws when you step in it.”
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

despite their difference in strength and size, Baja's reaction to Trent's outburst initially seems to be fearful, before that gives way to a mixture of confusion and defeat, as she backs away from him. she does lean into T's attempt at taking up her invitation for a hug briefly though.

"Thanks." she says to T, momentarily returning the gesture before going back to her spot and flopping her chin onto her empty plate.
well that backfired, how do i make someone who doesn't like hugs not feel alone?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Legotron123 wrote:”If we need to get to her quickly, I think it might be best if you go alone.” Lance said to Hagane, taking a sip of Oran juice before continuing. ”You’re the fastest out of all of us with Extreme Speed. Me and Atum would just slow you down. Plus, at least one of us would need to stay here anyways to look after the guild hall.”
"That might be what happens, depending on how fast she seems to move... Not something that can be done tonight though." Hagane said, finishing up his plate of food.
Buster wrote:despite their difference in strength and size, Baja's reaction to Trent's outburst initially seems to be fearful, before that gives way to a mixture of confusion and defeat, as she backs away from him. she does lean into T's attempt at taking up her invitation for a hug briefly though.

"Thanks." she says to T, momentarily returning the gesture before going back to her spot and flopping her chin onto her empty plate.
well that backfired, how do i make someone who doesn't like hugs not feel alone?
Once the hug was over, Kimera returned to his food, finishing off his own plate and patting his stomach. "Ahh, I'm full."

"Finally..." Hagane joked earning a scowl from his son.

Once he was done, Hagane turned to Atum. "I wonder if we will perhaps have time to battle after dinner. Put on a bit of entertainment for the kids?"
-Champion Motto

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CyberDragon wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:”If we need to get to her quickly, I think it might be best if you go alone.” Lance said to Hagane, taking a sip of Oran juice before continuing. ”You’re the fastest out of all of us with Extreme Speed. Me and Atum would just slow you down. Plus, at least one of us would need to stay here anyways to look after the guild hall.”
"That might be what happens, depending on how fast she seems to move... Not something that can be done tonight though." Hagane said, finishing up his plate of food.
Buster wrote:despite their difference in strength and size, Baja's reaction to Trent's outburst initially seems to be fearful, before that gives way to a mixture of confusion and defeat, as she backs away from him. she does lean into T's attempt at taking up her invitation for a hug briefly though.

Once the hug was over, Kimera returned to his food, finishing off his own plate and patting his stomach. "Ahh, I'm full."

"Finally..." Hagane joked earning a scowl from his son.

Once he was done, Hagane turned to Atum. "I wonder if we will perhaps have time to battle after dinner. Put on a bit of entertainment for the kids?"
Atum grinned at that. “you do realize it’s not as impressive for them to see someone not get knocked out immediately right?” The wagging tail already betrayed its owner’s answer though. The guild recruits were about to see just how powerful most guildmaster were firsthand
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Gameb18oy wrote:Scallop... for his part seems to manage a smile as he chuckled at the rock dog’s response. “oh don’t worry about it. I’m one of the guildmaster kids, I have to act like it.” He carefully whispers the next bit. “also helps Dad keeps a ton of candied pecha berries and gummies in his section of the guild. It’s literally impossible for me to go hungry if I know where he keeps his stuff” He moves ahead of Einar after saying this. “you want to go somewhere specific? I’ll show you to the team’s living quarters if not”
Einar follows after the Oshawott, folding an ear to the side as he watches his guide with a bit of curiosity. "Well, I was wondering what the lab is like. A Rotom's supposed to be working there once it's finished, if I heard right. I don't think I've ever met one, so I'm hoping it'll let me know a bit about what kind of pokémon they are in addition to the insight of what the room is going to be used for."
Love me right now! Done.
Deske

Post by Deske »

T let go of Baja, though it was more like he stopped leaning into her. He went back to his spot and more or less sat there a listening to the conversations around him.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Leafolawl wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Scallop... for his part seems to manage a smile as he chuckled at the rock dog’s response. “oh don’t worry about it. I’m one of the guildmaster kids, I have to act like it.” He carefully whispers the next bit. “also helps Dad keeps a ton of candied pecha berries and gummies in his section of the guild. It’s literally impossible for me to go hungry if I know where he keeps his stuff” He moves ahead of Einar after saying this. “you want to go somewhere specific? I’ll show you to the team’s living quarters if not”
Einar follows after the Oshawott, folding an ear to the side as he watches his guide with a bit of curiosity. "Well, I was wondering what the lab is like. A Rotom's supposed to be working there once it's finished, if I heard right. I don't think I've ever met one, so I'm hoping it'll let me know a bit about what kind of pokémon they are in addition to the insight of what the room is going to be used for."
Scallop tossed his shell up in the air and catching it as it fell down as he listened to Einar. "... well theres not much in there aside from the completed "armors" that guy is going to be using right now, so you might be mildly disappointed if we go there... that said, Mr. Plasma might be in there right now, so I'd need to ask him if he'd be alright with another member seeing him or his stuff."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"'Armor'? Now I'm really curious, especially with the way you intoned that word alone." The rockruff skips ahead a little bit before a thought hits him. "I'm a little surprised he didn't come out to eat if he's here. Is he focused or forgetful?" Einar questions, again turning to Scallop for an answer.
Love me right now! Done.