HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by xhunterko »

"Hey! My mate-to-be-sooner-than-she-thinks is sadly back at work," Mitch said, "Came by to check on you guys. Mind introducing me to your new friend here?" He added, pointing at Scotty.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Dat's ookay. Are you all right? Just don' go gettin' up fast or walkin too far yet. Do yers fink Mat will be able ter walk all da way ter da diner or should we wait a bit longer?" Chris queries, worried.

--------------------
Hearing himself mentioned, Scotty waves to the panda and wheels his chair a few yards closer so he's fairly near the panda.
"Or I could introduce myself. I'm Scotty Brandson. Nice to meet you." Setting the tablet in his lap, Scotty offers a paw to Mitch for a shake before typing again.
"That's my owner, Frances, over there. You know, before today I'd never met a red panda and now I've met three. It's an honour." he smiles, pointing to his owner with one paw as he types.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Dat's ookay. Are you all right? Just don' go gettin' up fast or walkin too far yet. Do yers fink Mat will be able ter walk all da way ter da diner or should we wait a bit longer?" Chris queries, worried.
"Yeah, Chris is right, it hasn't been long since he hit his head." Blay said, scratching the side of his face in thought. He turned to Matatabi. "How are you feeling?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm fine, just dizzy and I'm having trouble with telling how far or close things are to me." Matatabi said, holding his head.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

hypernovatic wrote:"I'm fine, just dizzy and I'm having trouble with telling how far or close things are to me." Matatabi said, holding his head.
Blay twisted his lip in uncertainty. "No offense, but that last one, doesn't exactly sound 'fine'." Blay said with concern.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"If M-Matatabi really wants to go, one of us c-could lend a shoulder to l-lean on." Will looked over at the dizzy pet, and added, "Though, Blay may be r-right. Faulty depth perception seems b-bad."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Cesar cleared his throat. "Lucilla, I guess that His Highness would like to be treated with the dignity reserved to his rank."
The young she-wolf puffed, but put Mitch down.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star walked over to Matabi, hand on chin, "Maybe, something to eat or drink might help?"
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

So... Should I just head home? Ruby asked.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

muppetgeek wrote:So... Should I just head home? Ruby asked.

Star glanced over to her and lifted his paws slightly, "Oh, no no sorry! We- well I wouldn't want you to feel left out! Things have just kinda, spiraled out of control... Ahem, well, how about you tell us- er me about yourself?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'm not sure." Matatabi told Star. He turned towards Ruby. "Sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable." he apologized.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins thought for a moment.
Well, I guess me and Mat can stay here while you guys go until he gets to feeling better. Wiggins offered.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

His... Highness? With surprise registering clearly on his face, Scotty wheels his chair back a foot or so and then bows as best as he is able. His mind is reeling. He's never met royalty before and doesn't know how to react. Should he stay bowed until otherwise? Should he kiss the panda's paw or avoid eye contact? Should he call him "Your Majesty?" Would His Highness be offended by Scotty's informal introduction?

As all these thoughts whirl through his head, Scotty freezes up, trying to work out what to do, and ends up holding his bow for far longer than he intended as he deliberates straightening or saying something.

--------------------
Chris, on the other paw, isn't as worried as the rest of the pets. Being from the rough streets of London, she's seen this all before.
"Eh. He'll be fine. I seen dis type o' fing 'afore. 'E jus' needs some time. Walkin' an' food migh' do 'im some good, I fink. 'Long as we support him so as 'e can't fall down an' go splat again den 'e'll be fine. An' nah, you ought ta stay wiv us, Ruby. Da more, da merrier, you know."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch was about to take Scotty's paw when he saw his reaction to him being called royalty by the wolf, and promptly face palmed.

"See, this, exactly this, is WHY I personally play DOWN the whole royalty thing. You don't have to call ME anything special or important or worthy or anything. It's all over fluff and nonsense to me," Mitch said, then he looked at Scotty with compassion, "You hardly need to worry about anything. I get enough platitudes at the village as it is, and I don't need them from potential friends. The name's Mitch, Mitch Grandestaff, and it is MY pleasure to make your acquaintance." The last, he held out his paw to Scotty. Mitch wanted to glare at the wolf but he didn't dare. He didn't want MORE damage control.
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

Sure. Um... Where are we going? Ruby asked
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch was about to take Scotty's paw when he saw his reaction to him being called royalty by the wolf, and promptly face palmed.
"See, this, exactly this, is WHY I personally play DOWN the whole royalty thing. You don't have to call ME anything special or important or worthy or anything. It's all over fluff and nonsense to me," Mitch said, then he looked at Scotty with compassion, "You hardly need to worry about anything. I get enough platitudes at the village as it is, and I don't need them from potential friends. The name's Mitch, Mitch Grandestaff, and it is MY pleasure to make your acquaintance." The last, he held out his paw to Scotty. Mitch wanted to glare at the wolf but he didn't dare. He didn't want MORE damage control.
At that point, it was Cesar who addressed the Leone. "We thank you for the stay and for the food. We are satisfied both by your hospitality and the care you have for our pack member and his mate. Now we shall go." He made as if to leave, but then Elio said, "With due respect, Caesar, I must ask you all to stay for the night, and the following night as well."
Caesar looked puzzled. "But this is your own den, it is not in our right to--"
"Forgive me if I may sound rude for interrupting you, but this is *your* place as well, now. You are Belisarius' family. Cinzia and I talked a lot about it, and decided that we wouldn't let any members of such family to spend a night in the wild. We know you are strong and healthy enough, but we'd rather make sure that at least you can rest with a roof over your heads. Please, accept. And the space is not really an item: Cinzia and I lived our younghood with much more people around in a single house."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty straightens and smiles at the panda, liking the no-nonsense, no-frills attitude. He wheels his chair forwards again and clasps Mitch's paw in a firm shake before picking up his tablet again.
"Hi, your-" Delete delete. Try again. "Hi, Mitch. Call me Scotty. Sorry about just then I didn't mean to embarrass you. I've never met royalty before. I guess I was a bit star struck. Is the village you mention the one that the other pandas, Vincent and Sonja, were from? I'd like to see it some time. They made it seem quite interesting. Oh, sorry, I'd invite you in but... er... It's not my house." Scotty adds a :P before turning the screen around for Mitch to read. At least, he hopes Mitch can read. He reaches a paw across and taps the button to make the tablet talk, just in case, but keeps the screen in place.

--------------------
"Well, shall we try ta get ta da diner? I wanna know if it's like in da movies!" Chris suggests, getting to her feet.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Did you guys want Me and Mat to say here until he's ready to go? Wiggins repeats the question.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"No, it's fine. I think I can walk." Matatabi said, not wanting to keep Wiggins from missing out.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch smiled, taking Scotty's paw.

"It's okay, no biggie. I USUALLY like to get to know someone BEFORE they find out I'm royalty so this doesn't happen. But yes, they are from the same village as me, which you're welcome to visit any time after we finish clean up," Mitch said, nodding, "Oh, and no need to welcome me in, this is were my fiance' lives. Speaking of family." He added before turning to face Caesar.

"My dad wouldn't hear of you sleeping in the woods either, if I had to," Mitch said, "I'd gas, gag, tie, then drag you down to the lowest floor of the Community Center where the gas shouldn't have reached and have you guys spend the night there under lock and key. No more sleeping in the woods for you guys from now on."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch smiled, taking Scotty's paw.
"It's okay, no biggie. I USUALLY like to get to know someone BEFORE they find out I'm royalty so this doesn't happen. But yes, they are from the same village as me, which you're welcome to visit any time after we finish clean up," Mitch said, nodding, "Oh, and no need to welcome me in, this is were my fiance' lives. Speaking of family." He added before turning to face Caesar.
"My dad wouldn't hear of you sleeping in the woods either, if I had to," Mitch said, "I'd gas, gag, tie, then drag you down to the lowest floor of the Community Center where the gas shouldn't have reached and have you guys spend the night there under lock and key. No more sleeping in the woods for you guys from now on."
"Your family is very generous, Your Highness. We thank you."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thanks! I'd love to! Er... If I knew where it was. And can I get there in my chair? I sometimes have a bit of trouble if I have to go off-road..." Scotty giggles silently as Mitch threatens the wolves.
"If I didn't know better I'd say you were planning to kidnap them." he jokes.

--------------------
"Well den. Shall we be off?" Chris puts her arm around Mat, supporting him, and heads for the door.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"If I have to to keep them out of the woods I would, heh. And the village is really just a short walk behind this house! There's even a trail, heh," Mitch said to Scotty, then to wolves, "You are family after all, and like I said with Scotty, you don't have to 'Your Highness' me. Speaking of family, where's Bel and Val? I need to speak with them."
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay picks up his bag and puts his 3DS back in it. "Okay I'm ready! " Blay approached the door. "So... How far of a walk is it exactly?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi put his arm around Chris and laid his head on her shoulder to stop the world from spinning. "You smell nice." he told Chris, smiling.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"They're upstairs. They're..." Scotty drums his paws on his armrest, trying to find a way to put it delicately.
"Having a bit of a reunion." he types. "I don't think they want to be disturbed. They've been at it for quite a while..." The cat pauses as pieces fall into place in his head.
"Is Rikki your fiancée? I saw her briefly at the diner before. Val mentioned she lives here and since she's the only pet who lives here aside from him and you said your fiancée lives here, I guess she's gotta be, right? Come to think of it, he also said she was engaged to someone called Mitch and that I'd meet him sooner rather than later. He also said he was he son of the ruler of Grandestaff. So I guess that makes you Prince Mitch. It all fits. Well, nice to finally meet you." Scotty stares for a moment at all he just typed.
"Sorry. I talk too much sometimes..."

--------------------
"Er.. Shouldn't be too far, I fink. Just a couple o' blocks. Oh, heh, fanks, Mat. I'm not sure how since I've not 'ad a baff after spendin' fourteen hours on a plane but I'll take yer word fer it."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"S-so, the diner we're headed to, w-what's it like?" Will looked curious as he asked this. "Does it have a s-special theme, or unique menu item, something th-that sets it apart?"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch nodded and took out his phone.

"Fortunately," Mitch said, texting Valiant to see if they could be talked to cause he needed to, "There is more than one way to pinch from a honey badger, heh."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch nodded and took out his phone.

"Fortunately," Mitch said, texting Valiant to see if they could be talked to cause he needed to, "There is more than one way to pinch from a honey badger, heh."
That was what he had missed the most, Valiant reflected, as his claw traced a circle in his wolf's chest fur, the wolfdog completely wrapped up in his wood prince's arms.
He had missed feeling so...protected, as if all of the worlds' problems could just be cast outside those strong arms. Valiant felt like a puppy, and nothing could*
The phone vibrated. Sigh.
"Shall I crush it for you?" Belisarius asked, nuzzling his mate.
Valiant shook his head. "Message. I'll be a moment." He reached out with his cybernetic arm and grabbed the device. He couldn't lie, he had left it at paw's reach, just in case. Old habits, heh.
"Hm, it's Mitch." Hello, Your Highness. What can I do for you?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Pecan wrote:"S-so, the diner we're headed to, w-what's it like?" Will looked curious as he asked this. "Does it have a s-special theme, or unique menu item, something th-that sets it apart?"
I think it might be '50's themed. Wiggins said, taking Matatabi's other arm over his shoulder to help carry him.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty opens his mouth and raises a finger as though to say something, but appearing to think better of it, he shuts his mouth again and drops his finger. A few moments later he picks up his tablet again.
"Honey badger. Heh. That's a new one... You have an interesting accent, Mitch. May I be so bold as to ask where you're from?"

--------------------
"Cor! Da fifties! It'll be jus' like in da movies!" Chris enthuses. "I wunner if dey'll 'ave roo' beer an' burgers too! Aww! An' baked beans an' an' an' fries an' bacon an' golly, I'm gettin' 'ungry now!" Her tail wags fast at the thought of all the food.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch was miffed. Valiant KNEW he didn't like to be called that

Greetings Constable on Patrol Officer Valiant Leone of the Sunset Plateau District son of Elio Leone. I need to speak to your person and your significant other in person and privately within the next few minutes of a matter of great concern to both of us. When will you consider yourselves decent to speak with within the next few minutes? Mitch texted Valiant.

"Is it still prevalent? I thought They had beat it out of us like They did everything else, heh," Mitch said to Scotty, "Well where are red pandas from? My particular tribe originated from the eastern heights of the Himalayas. And funny enough my mother is from a Japan zoo. So that may have a thing to do with it I suppose. Oh and please don't use the title 'prince' with me either."

"Same goes for you guys, you ARE family after all," Mitch said to the wolves, then after a moment, "Let's get out of the door." He then headed towards the living room.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch was miffed. Valiant KNEW he didn't like to be called that
Greetings Constable on Patrol Officer Valiant Leone of the Sunset Plateau District son of Elio Leone. I need to speak to your person and your significant other in person and privately within the next few minutes of a matter of great concern to both of us. When will you consider yourselves decent to speak with within the next few minutes? Mitch texted Valiant.
"Is it still prevalent? I thought They had beat it out of us like They did everything else, heh," Mitch said to Scotty, "Well where are red pandas from? My particular tribe originated from the eastern heights of the Himalayas. And funny enough my mother is from a Japan zoo. So that may have a thing to do with it I suppose. Oh and please don't use the title 'prince' with me either."
"Same goes for you guys, you ARE family after all," Mitch said to the wolves, then after a moment, "Let's get out of the door." He then headed towards the living room.
Valiant and Belisarius came out their room a moment later. The wolfdog was giggling like a fox as he read his phone's screen. "I think I will put this title on a plaque and hang it at the door. Sorry for the nudity, guys," he added to the wolves' benefit. "Urgent state matters, no time for decency. Hi, Mitch!" He greeted the panda. "So, care for some privacy or you'd rather speak outside?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Cor! Da fifties! It'll be jus' like in da movies!" Chris enthuses. "I wunner if dey'll 'ave roo' beer an' burgers too! Aww! An' baked beans an' an' an' fries an' bacon an' golly, I'm gettin' 'ungry now!" Her tail wags fast at the thought of all the food.
"It wouldn't be much of a diner if it didn't have burgers," Jess remarked.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"True. I wonder if i' has a jukebox! We could play some fifties tunes! You ain't nothin' but a hound, dog, cryin' all the time!" Chris sings rather badly. Her brisk pace combined with the warmth of the day and her thick fur soon makes Chris feel a little hot and she begins to pant, allowing her tongue to loll as she walks, looking around her for familiar landmarks.

--------------------
"Only a little. It just comes through in the odd word. And sure. Just plain old Mitch then?" Scotty nods as Valiant reappears and Mitch leads him away.
"See you later then." The cat wheels his chair back to the lounge and the wolves, giving the pair privacy.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi stumbled a bit as he walked. He felt as if the world was being turned upside down and spinning him around.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

50's themed? That sounds cool. Ruby said.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch looked at the two shocked.

"Outside! Are you kidding!? Too many ears! Back in here!" Mitch said, going between them, grabbing their paws, and dragging them back with him as best he could into Valiant's room.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch looked at the two shocked.
"Outside! Are you kidding!? Too many ears! Back in here!" Mitch said, going between them, grabbing their paws, and dragging them back with him as best he could into Valiant's room.
Both dog and wolfdog, forgetting how strong those panda could prove, followed without discussion. Once the door was closed behind them, Valiant asked, "So, what's the matter?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So... Where were we?" Scotty queries, bravely stopping his chair amongst the wolves.

--------------------
"Er... Mat, are you all right? Let's si' down fer a bi', shall we?" Chris, seeing Mat's obvious disorientation does the wise thing of sitting him down before he faints.
"Lie down dere an' give me yer 'ind paws an' I'll elevate 'em so as yer blood can get back to yer brain." she counsels.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters