HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Pecan
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by Pecan »

"It a-also isn't edible," Will added, "to answer the l-last question."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Frances nods, staring at the floor by her feet for a few moments.
"Thank you... Maybe some day we'll take you up on that..." She takes another sip of her coffee reflectively.
"Mrs. Leone... If it's not too much trouble, do you think sometime you could maybe give me a few cooking lessons, please. I've always wanted to learn to cook better and I'm sure Scotty would appreciate me picking up a few tips and tricks too and your cooking is amazing, if this is anything to go by! I could perhaps help you publish a recipe book in return. I am an author, you know."
This time it's the cat's turn to giggle as his name is mentioned and he nods in agreement that yes, Frances does need some lessons.
The Italian old woman's education prevented her from jumping with joy, but the short-lived gleam in her eyes that Elio saw spoke volumes.
Cinzia nodded thoughtfully to Frances. "My dear, it will be my absolute pleasure to help you out in refining your skills. Soon you will be cooking Italian better than me... Not to mention that it was time I transmitted my knowledge to someone. Rikki just doesn't have it in herself, and Valiant is reverting more and more to freshly hunted meat because of his boyfriend. So yes, we can start whenever you want."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Great." Chris enthuses, wagging her tail. "We're playin' twenny questions. We know i's no' a plant or animal an' it is an inanimate object. I's a warm colour an' i's somefin yer can 'old or use. Yer should join in! Are Mitch and Winnie arrigh'?*"

arrigh' = all right
Neither are feeling any positive feelings towards each other. Last I saw Winni, she was making her way to town. Mitch said he had to go get cleaned up for the ceremony. Wiggins replied.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Chelzyard shook his head.

"Not good for decision making," he said, "Is it circular?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitch sighed heavy once more, before giving Rikki a kiss.

"All right, guess I'd best get to work," Mitch said, then he turned to the wolves and waved a hand to them.

"Um, h-hello, wolf pack, c-can I have your attention for a m-moment," he said nervously.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch sighed heavy once more, before giving Rikki a kiss.
"All right, guess I'd best get to work," Mitch said, then he turned to the wolves and waved a hand to them.
"Um, h-hello, wolf pack, c-can I have your attention for a m-moment," he said nervously.
Having in the meantime consumed the basic greeting ritual, the Palatinium Pack gave their full attention to Mitch, Valiant included.
The wolfdog ignored Rikki's reproachful stare as he kept rubbing his nose -next time, let her sniff 11 butts!
"Why so nervous?" Antonius whispered to Nero. "Ain't he a Prince? He should be more self-asserted."
His black-furred mentor shrugged.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Huh. 'Opefully dey'll sort i' out..." She falls silent, pondering both that situation and the game she's playing.

--------------------
"Oh, I doubt I'll ever be as good as you! But thank you very much! It's very kind of you! I can't wait to start! Perhaps I should wait until my kitchen is set up to begin. We'll need to make it convenient for you too, and I'm happy to chip in for ingredients and to pay you for the lessons too." Frances reaches for a biscuit as Scotty motions for Vinnie to pass the tablet to Sonja when he's finished his go.
"So... Italy, huh? That's a long way to come. What brought you over here, if you don't mind my asking?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, I doubt I'll ever be as good as you! But thank you very much! It's very kind of you! I can't wait to start! Perhaps I should wait until my kitchen is set up to begin. We'll need to make it convenient for you too, and I'm happy to chip in for ingredients and to pay you for the lessons too." Frances reaches for a biscuit as Scotty motions for Vinnie to pass the tablet to Sonja when he's finished his go.
"So... Italy, huh? That's a long way to come. What brought you over here, if you don't mind my asking?"
It was Elio who answered, "Uhm, Valiant had an...accident at work. Well," he sighed. "You saw his bionic arm, right? A gift from the mob. Luckily, a friend of his at the Pentagon had that arm implanted, but Valiant wasn't mentally fit for his old job any more. the poor guy had lost all faith in his colleagues and in the institution, as the culprits were never apprehended despite him giving a precise identification.
"And so we moved here, as far away from his old life as possible, though eventually our boy wanted to be a cop again and we humored him."
he took a sip of coffee. "But yet again, bless that wolf guy: he really changed Val's life for the best, more than his job or this place could."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Welcome to Grandestaffe. Thank you for your patience. We are a bit behind on our welcoming duties but my parents like to do things official and fancy. Had we known ahead of time of your coming, we'd be, more prepared. In a few minutes, you will be officially welcomed by our tribe as a whole," Mitch said, bowing, "Now if you'll pardon us, me and my fiance' need to inform (not that they don't know already, but it's a weird their thing thing) my parents of your arrival." He waited for a response from the wolves.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Cesar nodded at the end of Mitch's speech. "We will wait for your instructions as the protocol requires. The Palatinium Pack is honored to be here, to attend the wedding ceremony of our brother Belisarius, and please tell the Royals that we are ready to swear our allegiance to Grandstaffe Village."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch smiled and bowed face down to the pack.

"The village of Grandestaffe will gladly accept your pledge. As for now, I and my fiance' will leave you in the care of our care takers and see you again momentarily," he said, getting up, taking Rikki's paw, and heading to the palace.

N-not s-so b-bad. N-not s-so b-bad. Th-they're j-just giant, friendly w-wolves s-see? N-not... Mitch thought to himself over and over. Only a very careful observer would notice some slight shaking of the arms.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch smiled and bowed face down to the pack.
"The village of Grandestaffe will gladly accept your pledge. As for now, I and my fiance' will leave you in the care of our care takers and see you again momentarily," he said, getting up, taking Rikki's paw, and heading to the palace.
N-not s-so b-bad. N-not s-so b-bad. Th-they're j-just giant, friendly w-wolves s-see? N-not... Mitch thought to himself over and over. Only a very careful observer would notice some slight shaking of the arms.
Once they were far enough, Rikki slightly nudged her fiancée. "Daww, you were so brave and cool. I'm sure you could take them down singlehandedly."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Assuming Rikki keeps following Mitch.

ic:

Mitch stared at her as they walked through the doors. When they were closed, he turned to her.

"Are you kidding me?! Do you not SEE them? They are GIANT, HUGE, WOLVES RIKKI!" He said as quietly as he could.

"Even WITH the guns they'd take HALF of us down and set the village on fire! Again!" He said.

"Thought you two were supposed to come through the back?" Benjamin said, standing in front of them before the doors led to the parlor.

"I was distracted, and have been given a restraining order by one of our villagers," Mitch said, Benjamin shook his head.

"Well, I wouldn't worry time mends all wounds, no come on," Benjamin said, leading them to the back, bath parlor. Aunt Alma was waiting with a pot ready, tapping her foot. Nora was still being fussed over with crowns and bracelets by two other assistants when she bolted and hugged the two.

"Congrats," Mitch said to her with a tear.

"Thank you dear. Enjoy your drink?" She asked him.

"Yes, please never let me do that again," He said. She giggled and then hugged Rikki. Aunt Alma was impatiently tapping her foot.

"GET HIM!" She said, the two assistants bolted and grabbed Mitch, removing his equipment, and throwing him in the bath!

"ACK PTH PTH ACK PTH!" Mitch protested to no avail.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki chuckled. She removed her police garments, her collar, and joined Mitch into the bath. "Will someone hand me a scrub, please? I spent much time cleaning up abandoned pets, I think I could do with a Prince. And as for you, Mitch, shame! Those big guys came in peace to be a part of your personal guard, so stop shivering like a wet kitten when you address them. Bel told us that they hold few respect for fear."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty takes the tablet from Sonjah and has his go. He ponders the question for a while and then takes a random guess, getting it wrong. He bounces a fist off his lap and grins ruefully in a good-natured "D'oh!" gesture before passing the tablet to Vinnie again.
"Well, it's good that he's found someone to make him happy. He did seem contented enough when we were talking to him earlier. Doesn't mean much though." Frances lowers her voice somewhat so the cat can't hear her as he's preoccupied with the pandas.
"I know Scotty is still a lot more upset then he lets on... and... to be honest... I am too..." Before she quite knows what she's doing, and not really knowing why, Frances finds herself telling Elio and Cinzia everything. An author's life is a lonely life, especially for someone who's both an only child and an orphan and Frances is unconsciously glad to have a fellow human to finally share everything with. Her journals and books have helped her but they can't compare to a sympathetic ear and a hug. Having tried to remain strong for Scotty for so long, it feels good for her to finally let it all out and let the tears flow. She tells the elderly couple of her fiancé and how he'd been the first and only man she'd ever fallen in love with and how they'd planned the perfect wedding. She relates that he'd made her laugh and he'd made her feel worth something after her having had a difficult childhood, being an unwanted child and never being able to please her parents. She confesses her secret gladness on the passing of her parents and reveals her abiding sadness on receiving her inheritance and a letter that revealed that her parents actually cared for her more than they'd ever felt able to let on. She then haltingly divulges the details of the accident that cruel fate had forced upon her and Scotty, revealing how they'd been riding in her fiancé's car down the highway, how the drunk driver had cut them off, how they'd swerved to avoid him, how he'd slammed into their car and how their car had spun into the path of another oncoming vehicle and how the accident had cost both the drunk driver and Frances' fiancé their lives, Scotty his legs and voice, and both the woman and her cat the best friend they'd ever had. At the conclusion of her tale, she falls silent, shudders rocking her frame as she rummages blindly in her bag for a tissue, the mascara running down her face.

Scotty had listened impassively at first but as France's story turned to the accident, he buries his face in his paws and weeps silently, reliving the moment all over again. Calming slightly, Frances apologises between hiccups for making such a scene and for being such an imposition and ruining their day with her troubles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Elio answered to that outburst...with a hug. The gentle, caring gesture of a father with his daughter.
"I lost my two sons to the mob: They tried to help out a friend and ended up both shot. Their friend was gay, and they had tried to do the right thing against his bullies.
"Cinzia and I spent so many weeks mourning, and she was my tether to sanity, my lifeline. I wanted so much to give in to hate against those cowards... And I rejoyced when I learnt that they, too, had perished in a gunfight.
"But then I realized that hating would bring us nowhere. The priest who'd rerularly come to our house convinced me that I could be more helpful as a counselor, lend out my experience to the benefit of those lost souls who would otherwise give themselves to crime."
he took Frances' hands and gently smiled at her.
"So, believe us, Frances, when we say that we understand what you and Scotty went through. And you don't have to apologize at all. In fact, we will be happy to listen to you both, any time at day and night. And knowing Cinzia, she'll have a coffee pot always ready." he chuckled. "After all, she *did* give you guys a slice of my special cake. Which means she's on the way of adopting you already."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Is it a decoration for a house?
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Vinnie set down the pad and the both of them hugged the cat, trying their best to comfort him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Is it a piece of sports equipment?" Fellsward asked.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Is it usually associated with a specific color?" Jess asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"It isn't c-circular, or a household decoration or s-sports equipment, n-no," Will replied. "It is usually a-associated with a certain c-color, though."
Last edited by Pecan on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay thought a bit."Is it an item with dangerous potential?" He asked on a whim.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Is i' fire?" Chris asks suddenly, her tail no longer waving but quivering with anticipation.

--------------------
Frances giggles at the thought of being adopted.
"Well," she admits, "I could use a new mother. And a father." She returns Elio's hug briefly before blowing her nose.
"Um... could I have another tissue, please? Thanks. Thank you both for... for listening... I've... Well, I've never really talked to anyone like that... I think... it was good to let all that out... I don't hate that driver for what he did... We all make mistakes sometimes. His family were just as upset to lose him as I was to lose Michael. We didn't press charges although I think everyone wanted us to. Funnily enough, we're still in correspondence with that driver's family... Strange world, huh?"
Under the ministrations of the pandas, Scotty begins to calm himself again. Hiccupping silently appears quite bizarre and it's this strange condition which afflicts Scotty as he straightens up again and tries to smile at the pandas to show his gratitude for their support.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Frances giggles at the thought of being adopted.
"Well," she admits, "I could use a new mother. And a father." She returns Elio's hug briefly before blowing her nose.
"Um... could I have another tissue, please? Thanks. Thank you both for... for listening... I've... Well, I've never really talked to anyone like that... I think... it was good to let all that out... I don't hate that driver for what he did... We all make mistakes sometimes. His family were just as upset to lose him as I was to lose Michael. We didn't press charges although I think everyone wanted us to. Funnily enough, we're still in correspondence with that driver's family... Strange world, huh?"
Under the ministrations of the pandas, Scotty begins to calm himself again. Hiccupping silently appears quite bizarre and it's this strange condition which afflicts Scotty as he straightens up again and tries to smile at the pandas to show his gratitude for their support.
Cinzia handed Frances a cotton tissue with fine flowery needleworks. "It just testifies to your good heart, cara," she said. "The world needs more people like you. Lucky will be the man who finds a place in your heart. If you don't mind me saying."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"Sorry, C-chris, it isn't fire." Will closed his eyes as he pondered the other question. "Y-yes," he said, after a while. "It can have d-dangerous potential."

(Went back and answered your sports question, Hunter. I missed it before.)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I think he needs a hiccup cure," Vinnie said, patting Scotty on the back.

"Don't worry, things do get better," Sonjah said to Scotty.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Not today princess, not today," Aunt Alma said to Rikki, "Fie for shame Mitch, fie for shame. Not EVERYONE is out to kill us." Then she began scrubbing Mitch down while another assistant began scrubbing Rikki.

"They are literally giants! Have you seen them? Giants!" Mitch said between scrubs.

"And I am a small, PTH ACK PTH PTH!" Mitch didn't get to finish what he wanted to say because a bucket of water had been poured over his head.

"Tiny or not, you shouldn't allow yourself to show fear! Honestly Mitch," Aunt Alma said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The officers, having no more options, stayed silent and thinking. Chelzyard on the other hand, sniffed the air momentarily.

"Be right back," he said, heading out the door.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Not today princess, not today," Aunt Alma said to Rikki, "Fie for shame Mitch, fie for shame. Not EVERYONE is out to kill us." Then she began scrubbing Mitch down while another assistant began scrubbing Rikki.
"They are literally giants! Have you seen them? Giants!" Mitch said between scrubs.
"And I am a small, PTH ACK PTH PTH!" Mitch didn't get to finish what he wanted to say because a bucket of water had been poured over his head.
Tiny or not, you shouldn't allow yourself to show fear! Honestly Mitch," Aunt Alma said.
Rikki enjoyed the splash of her water bucket and all the attentions. "My Prince, you should've told me they are so good with the scrubs. This is better than a spa. And the scents, hmmMM!"
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"Is it silverware?" Blay asked while stroking his whiskers.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins pondered on what the object could be, but also stayed silent.
---
Winni walked through the village thinking.
Who am I supposed to tell about the pranks? she said to herself.
If Mitch is in danger... I really shouldn't care. BUT, if the bear intends to 'prank' the king, then perhaps I should take action. Plus, if the pranks are just tripwires, then anyone could be a target. So... Do I tell Mitch, or Charizard?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Aw. Oh wewl. Does da' mean I'm out? I lose?" she wags her tail again good naturedly.

--------------------
Frances blushes. "Thank you. That's nice of you to say... The stitching on this handkerchief is lovely. I hate to have ruined it by using it. Did you make it yourself?"
Scotty giggles soundlessly at Vinnie's comment and smiles sadly at Sonjah before waggling his head in an 'unsure' motion. Turning back to Vincent, he rotates his paw in front of his chin in the universal gesture used to ask for a drink before hiccuping again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Frances blushes. "Thank you. That's nice of you to say... The stitching on this handkerchief is lovely. I hate to have ruined it by using it. Did you make it yourself?"
"Oh yes. I do all of the stitching and still repair our clothes and dresses with my own hands. And Elio has magic hands when it comes to plumbing and wiring, and gardening. We save a lot of money in these times when everyone thinks they can just throw away a thing because it's broken, hmph."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"How about carpentry? We'll need a few small modifications to the house to help Scotty get around and I'm not really sure who to ask about that."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"How about carpentry? We'll need a few small modifications to the house to help Scotty get around and I'm not really sure who to ask about that."
"You just give me all indications and I'll make sure that your son won't have problems moving around the house. And it will be good to do some work, I was getting rusty."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"I-it isn't silverware, either." Will turned to Chris as he added, "And I d-don't think you're out, no. I think guesses just c-count as questions at this p-point." Mentally doing math, he stated, "You've all s-said 13 questions so far. S-seven left."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Is it usually red?" Jess asked.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Heh, you didn't have your's poured over your head while you were trying to talk," Mitch said to her. The assistant looked proud for a moment before Aunt Alma spoke.

"Your welcome dear, years of training produces good results and clean folk," she said. Then Mitch instinctively sniffed the air.

"Does anyone else smell anything off?" He asked. The other pandas sniffed as well, quietly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ah, sure it does, ask Vinnie! Kidnapped, tortured village burned twice, and he's still here right? Don't worry, things get better," Sonjah said, with Vinnie nodding. Then she sniffed the air without saying a word, then dashed outside.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Heh, you didn't have your's poured over your head while you were trying to talk," Mitch said to her. The assistant looked proud for a moment before Aunt Alma spoke.
"Your welcome dear, years of training produces good results and clean folk," she said. Then Mitch instinctively sniffed the air.
"Does anyone else smell anything off?" He asked. The other pandas sniffed as well, quietly.
Rikki did the same. "Definitely so," she added, frowning.
xhunterko wrote:"Ah, sure it does, ask Vinnie! Kidnapped, tortured village burned twice, and he's still here right? Don't worry, things get better," Sonjah said, with Vinnie nodding. Then she sniffed the air without saying a word, then dashed outside.
Elio and Cinzia exchanged a worried look.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Winni walked into the building where all the pets were at.
Hey, has anyone seen Chealyard? She asked.
I think he just walked out. Wiggins replied.
Shoot. Alright, what about Mitch? Winni asked.
He needed to go get ready for the ceremony... are you okay--? Wiggins asked but was interrupted.
Yeah, but... Something smells fishy, so I need to report some information. I'll see you later, Wiggins. Winni said. She then exited the building in search of that prince.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Be right back guys. Hey Winnifred!" Fellsward said, leaving after her quickly and catching up.

"If you have anything to report, then you can tell the nearest guard, or officer, and they'll report it to us," he said, "What'd you need to report." Then he sniffed the air as well, the smell getting stronger.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Winni could smell the air, too.
Jeez, I hope that isn't the bear. she remarked.
In the woods, a bear approached me about "pranking" Prince Mitch. He was ticked about not being invited to the state arrival ceremony, raving about territory infringement or something. He even knows what trails the prince likes to take. Winni said.
Perhaps he wasn't planning on "just pranks".
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

His nose clogged with tears, Scotty doesn't pick up on the smell. Frances, being human, doesn't notice it either. The cat looks quizzically at Vinnie, wondering if he knows where Sonjah disappeared to. Having caught the cat's gesture before Sonjah disappeared, Frances asks Cinzzia for a glass of water for him before turning back to Elio.
"Thank you, Elio. It won't be anything major. A few ramps to cover the steps and a rail or two in the bathroom, that sort of thing. We can pay you for your work and for the supplies you'll need. Any idea where Sonjah went in such a hurry?"

--------------------
"Ah. Cool. Hmm..." Chris rests her muzzle on her paw and drums the fingers on her free paw on the table in thought.
"Is i' some sor' o' weapon?" she asks eventually.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: next posts will be my last posts for 3 weeks

ic:

Vinnie shakes his head and shrugs, not too keen on his smell either.

"No idea," he says.
Fellsward thinks a moment and puts his hands on his hips.

"Well, I wouldn't put him up to murder, I don't think he's the sort, however, I WILL send an inspection crew to put an end to it. Thank you for coming to us with this," he says, "Did he give any specific location for the traps?"
After a moment, the pandas shrug. The scrub continues.

"Mitch dear, you didn't eat anything, disagreeable with your stomach did you before you came in?" Aunt Alma asked, teasing him.

"Oh come on! I can't be blamed for EVERY weird smell!" He protested. Then the scrub finished, and the two were helped out of the pot. Then a low horn blew in the distance, and another called from home. The pandas froze mid drying, waiting for the results almost holding their breaths.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ellsward's ears turned to the noise outside, waiting for an answer outside.

"Can we not, dare I plead, go one year without a disaster?" He asks to no one in particular.