HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU - Richardson Valley

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That does sound smart, Ma'am." The salesman simpered. He indicated a black, solid frame, bed over to one side. "May I suggest this one? It IS slightly more expensive than the basic model but, with the discount, it does equal out."

"Where would you like to go later, Selene?" David asked, confirming the delivery of the bed he'd been on for about seven in the evening.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

hypernovatic wrote: Kayla sat in her cage, scared and alone. "I want to go home." she said to herself, looking around outside of her cage. She noticed more cages around her filled with other animals. Why am I here? she thought. Her memory was really fuzzy up to this point.

An adoption worker leads a family looking for a new pet down the row of cages.
The dogs and cat perk up and bark and mew!.. showing off to present themselves as the one to be adopted next.
the lil girl in the family stops and points at the fox..
I didn't know they had WILD animals in here?
The family finally selects a fluffy cat, and the place settles down after they leave.
with just a bit of rumbling about how they would have made a better pet for them than that mangy cat will.

Another worker comes in, going down the line of cages. letting pets out to go potty.
and filling the food and water bowls..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites just continued to sit there, he wasn't getting anything else out of the show, and what he already seen was enough to last him a long while. He figured it would be best to go see if that Tom fellow needed anything else out of him, then get going. He got up to go make his way to the administration office where he hoped to find him, or at least get directions to him.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: "Where would you like to go later, Selene?" David asked, confirming the delivery of the bed he'd been on for about seven in the evening.
"well perhaps we could go back to your house , getting readied for the furniture and other things , or maybe we can go check on Alphabite , we should probably look for Yukon and Rosal as well , but I don't know how we can do that "
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal flinched in surprise at the 'dog-o-dile' but quickly made a comeback, "Ah!- Er I mean, I do not fear you dog-odile. For I am a powerful, uh, cat-tonmouth!" He said the only snake off the top off his head and gave a small, playful hiss at the big dog.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon stood up and stuck his tongue out at the cat, "That was just as bad as mine." He looked towards the flow of the river, "See you where the river ends." He gave Rosal a big grin and laid on his back, the current slowly taking him down the river.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Kayla frowned when the little girl called her wild. When the worker let her out of her cage, she turned and poked him. "Excuse me sir, where am I?" she asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yeah, but only when he has to be. He just likes to keep himself to himself or to be treated with a bit of respect. Not his fault Yosemite Sam or Elmer Fudd keep attacking and chasing him, is it?" Fletcher argues, nibbling a leaf of kale. "Now, Daffy, he was the real smart alec. Full of himself and always willing to give lip... Er... Bill... But ridiculously gullible. I always enjoyed when he got his face blown off."

"Would you agree to dat, Scruff? Wearin' some gloves so you can touch tings but not sittin' or lyin' on anytin'? And, Mister salesman, sir, would you happen to have a measurin' tape so we can make sure de bed is de right size?" Sam queries as she pulls a plastic box from her backpack, opening it to reveal several tools, a small spray can of oil, a tube of lotion for preventing the leg from rubbing the stump, a coiled spare velcro strap, a piece of folded silicone which is actually a spare sleeve that she wears under the prosthesis to create the seal for the vacuum holding the leg on, a battery-powered pump for creating the vacuum, and a resealable plastic bag containing several pairs of disposable rubber gloves for pets.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Daffy? Daffy ain't a smart anything." Pitchpipe's voice got deeper and deeper and more pompous. Well, a little deeper, enough to notice. "He's a buffoon, a nincompoop, a few boards short of a henhouse. Only way to make that boy smart is to whack him upside the head. Am ah gettin' through to you? Just nod your head if ah'm ... *cough*"

She coughed, and took a sip of water.

"Sorry, strained m'self there... ah really cain't do Foghorn Leghorn, ah don't have th' pipes fer it."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I have no problem with that," Scruff said, looking at the gloves. He picked one up and blew into it, inflating it like a balloon before putting it on. He snapped the glove tight, said 'ow' and put the other on before checking the bed the sales assistant had pointed out. The Assistant, for his part, pulled a tape measure from his pocket and handed it to Sam.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Busy day, isn't it?" David grinned at Selene. "Would you like a chair? For the house, I mean?" He gestured to some designed for tails.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

hypernovatic wrote:Kayla frowned when the little girl called her wild. When the worker let her out of her cage, she turned and poked him. "Excuse me sir, where am I?" she asked.

Your in the holding cells of the animal control adoption center hon.
Don't you know how you got here?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Awesome. Tanks." Sam packs her kit up again and then takes the tape, giggling a little at Scruff's antics with the gloves. "Stand up straight fer a minute, Scruff." The doe measures the raccoon's height, careful not to let the tape actually touch him, and then measures the bed.
"Dat's a good size. What do you tink o' de colour and de mattress, Scruff? Soft enough or too soft or too hard?" The rabbit hands the tape back to the salesman and then tests the mattress herself as she waits to hear Scruff's thoughts.

Fletcher giggles at the lanky doe's impressions.
"You know, you're good at that, Miss Blanc." she grins. "Better than me in any case. I can really only do Tweety." The giant rabbit clears her throat before breaking into song in an uncanny impression of the famous bird, her voice becoming more nasally and slightly lower in pitch.
"I tawt I taw a puddy tat a cweepin' up on me! I did! I taw a puddy tat as pwain as he could be!" She tries to ignore the fact that the TV has changed to another of her songs, this one involving her twirling a baton while wearing an Uncle Sam top hat, but she can't help cringing inwardly.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"There weren't much else to do at the rabbit farm but watch TV all day."

Pitchpipe sighed and tucked into her last salad.

"Miss Blank?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I am? Why am I here? My memory is fuzzy and I don't remember much." Kayla said, worried now.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"
"Busy day, isn't it?" David grinned at Selene. "Would you like a chair? For the house, I mean?" He gestured to some designed for tails.
"yeah , busy day" Selene smiled
"well , I guess if you want we can get one or two for when maybe our friends visit , I personally just use normal chairs to be honest"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

hypernovatic wrote:"I am? Why am I here? My memory is fuzzy and I don't remember much." Kayla said, worried now.

You don't remember how you got here? Hmm lets check your files..

She pulls out her iPAD and scans the bar code on kayla's cage door.

Hmmm.
It seem you were confiscated from your owners after they got into an domestic dispute with another party over you.
At that time, you were claiming to the responding animal control officer, that you were in fear for your life, an were wanting to file animal cruelty charges against your owners.

Humming as he scrolls down on the iPAD..

Oh my.. Seems that your owners have surrendered you to be euthanized.

Scrolling down a bit farther..

Good news although, The attending officer got a pet judge to issue an injunction, an further he has remanded custody of you to us here at the pet shelter.
You really don't remember any of this happening?
Are you sick??

He starts typing on the iPAD

this is going to delay getting you up for adoption.
an were going to have to postpone the surgery until we can have the vet staff get a better look at you..

continuing to type away on the iPAD..

Is there anything i can do for you to make you more comfortable?
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Keeshah wrote:..Wait Whaaaat!??
Rav echos..
Didn't you just hint at that we were tagged an bagged like some feral out in the forest.
So why turn us over to those crack-pots, to be used as there new lab animals!??
Having my ear glowing is more than i ever wanted, I don't need the rest of me glowing as well!

Calm down Rav..

But perhaps he is right, shouldn't we send them to the local vet first.
before bothering such researchers?

"Hey, easy."
Dustin assured everyone.
"You two aren't going anywhere. Of course we'll ask a vet, but I mean, this is clearly something weird."
He playfully rubbed Blood's ear. With him only staring back questioningly as his owner went on.
"These guys might recognize what those tats mean. If they do, we can be more specific when we ask the doc later."

Blood was starting to feel nervous again. Dustin was going to end up putting them both in the limelight for probably an entire clinic of vets and doctors. Just his stupid luck...
Hotep the psychic wrote:Hotep was now staring at Ravs ear where he soon saw the tattoo that was said to be glowing he leaned closer to get a better look at it. he hummed in thought as he stared before hearing the comments from dustin and sara. "Um miss sara if your gonna go to a vet on the tattoo my owner wont know anything about it. She tags some pets but she uses the same thing the other town vets would too.....unless its special cases like with my dad and me and some other pets......then shed use something else." hotep said beforelooking down at the groun and twisting a foot a bit in a innocent way but hiding what else he knew thinking hed get in trouble now or releasing important info
"Huh?"
Blood's owner took not of the black furred puppy that had apparently listened in on them. He'd never seen him before, but from the sound of it, he at least knew Sara.
"Hey buddy."

It was that kid from before, who's owner took care of him after Jag beat the stuffing out of him.
"Hotep?"

"You know this little guy, Blood?"
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Keeshah wrote:
You don't remember how you got here? Hmm lets check your files..

She pulls out her iPAD and scans the bar code on kayla's cage door.

Hmmm.
It seem you were confiscated from your owners after they got into an domestic dispute with another party over you.
At that time, you were claiming to the responding animal control officer, that you were in fear for your life, an were wanting to file animal cruelty charges against your owners.

Humming as he scrolls down on the iPAD..

Oh my.. Seems that your owners have surrendered you to be euthanized.

Scrolling down a bit farther..

Good news although, The attending officer got a pet judge to issue an injunction, an further he has remanded custody of you to us here at the pet shelter.
You really don't remember any of this happening?
Are you sick??

He starts typing on the iPAD

this is going to delay getting you up for adoption.
an were going to have to postpone the surgery until we can have the vet staff get a better look at you..

continuing to type away on the iPAD..

Is there anything i can do for you to make you more comfortable?
Kayla's eyes widened when she heard "euthanized". She calmed down a bit when he said she was in custody of the shelter. "I don't think I'm sick..." Kayla said, rubbing her arm. "Can I call someone?" she asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal shrugged, he had definitely acted better before, so he was glad to get his off performance out in a, more or less, private area. He interchanged between light swimming and floating to catch up to Yukon, who was further down the river.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon turned his head to look at rosal as he neared him, "How you feelin'? I know big change can be scary, but how's it treating you?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

** In the animal control bat cave **
hypernovatic wrote: Kayla's eyes widened when she heard "euthanized". She calmed down a bit when he said she was in custody of the shelter. "I don't think I'm sick..." Kayla said, rubbing her arm. "Can I call someone?" she asked.

You don't "think" your sick?
But you still don't remember how you got here?

That depends on who you are wanting to call.
We wouldn't recommend trying to contact any of your former owners.

** Meanwhile at the Zoo's auditorium **
D-Singer wrote:"Hey, easy."
Dustin assured everyone.
"You two aren't going anywhere. Of course we'll ask a vet, but I mean, this is clearly something weird."
He playfully rubbed Blood's ear. With him only staring back questioningly as his owner went on.
"These guys might recognize what those tats mean. If they do, we can be more specific when we ask the doc later."

Blood was starting to feel nervous again. Dustin was going to end up putting them both in the limelight for probably an entire clinic of vets and doctors. Just his stupid luck...
Hotep the psychic wrote:"Um miss sara if your gonna go to a vet on the tattoo my owner wont know anything about it. She tags some pets but she uses the same thing the other town vets would too.....unless its special cases like with my dad and me and some other pets......then shed use something else." hotep said before looking down at the ground and twisting a foot a bit in a innocent way but hiding what else he knew thinking hed get in trouble now or releasing important info

You talking about those little bugs in your system?
D-Singer wrote:"Huh?"
Blood's owner took not of the black furred puppy that had apparently listened in on them. He'd never seen him before, but from the sound of it, he at least knew Sara.
"Hey buddy."

It was that kid from before, who's owner took care of him after Jag beat the stuffing out of him.
"Hotep?"

Sure he does, this is the one Blood got into the hot pepper eating contest with!
Rav volunteers
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David added a couple of new chairs to the bill and, on assurances they could be delivered that evening, ran his card through the reader to pay for the items.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scruff pushed down on the bed. "Feels like newspapers," he said. "That's good. And I think I could fit with..." he yawned, recalling he was supposed to be asleep during the day. "ease," he finished, recalling he wasn't allowed to touch it just before his footpaw would have done. He pulled it back.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So you said dat's de same price as de odder bed? Great. We'll take it. Does it come wit de mattress? I also need a chest o' drawers about so big? Do ye have anytin' like dat? Heh, wake up Scruff." Grinning, Sam pats the raccoon on the back. "Heh. I forgot raccoons are nocturnal. Do you tink you'll be able ta change yer sleepin' schedule ta match most odder pets?"

Suddenly Fletcher's heart goes out to the lanky doe.
"Oh, you're from a farm? Well, I'm glad you got out of that. Nasty places they are. Erm. The 'Miss Blanc' thing was a joke. Mel Blanc was the guy who did the voices for all the looney toons - Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Tweety, Daffy, Porky, Road Runner, Yosemite Sam, Wil. E. Coyote in the shorts where he spoke, Taz, all of them." An idea occurs to Fletcher but she decides to mull it over a little and suss the other doe out a bit more before voicing it.
"So... Has it been hard for you, living on the streets? I-if that's not too sensitive a question to ask, that is."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, you're from a farm? Well, I'm glad you got out of that. Nasty places they are...."
"Rabbit farm, breedin fancy rabbits fer pet stores, but turned out ah were sterile, so mah owner left me in the woods near a wild warren. An wouldn't you know it the wild rabbits didn't want me neither."
"Mel Blanc was the guy who did the voices for all the looney toons - Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Tweety, Daffy, Porky, Road Runner, Yosemite Sam, Wil. E. Coyote in the shorts where he spoke, Taz, all of them."
"Mighty clever fella, so ah guess he were human."
"So... Has it been hard for you, living on the streets?"
"Oh no, ah live in the woods an sometimes in barns an garages. An parks, parks are good. Much safer than th' streets, you could get run over doin' that."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal let out a breath, his head having been partly under water, "Better than expected. Though, I think I should have an on and off schedule for this. One day with one color, next day the other."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"When did you say your owner will come David ?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Hmm? Oh, the boss?" David mused. "He said he'd follow on in week or so. To let me have enough time to set up." David grinned and pushed hair out of his eyes. "So he doesn't have to do it."

"I think I can, Sam," Scruff said as the attendant showed them the stores selection of drawers.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Keeshah wrote:** In the animal control bat cave **
hypernovatic wrote: Kayla's eyes widened when she heard "euthanized". She calmed down a bit when he said she was in custody of the shelter. "I don't think I'm sick..." Kayla said, rubbing her arm. "Can I call someone?" she asked.

You don't "think" your sick?
But you still don't remember how you got here?

That depends on who you are wanting to call.
We wouldn't recommend trying to contact any of your former owners.
"I want to call my mate, Lucky." Kayla said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good, good. And don't worry. We'll help you." Sam settles on a chest that's not too expensive and that's nearly identical to her old one before paying and organising to have them delivered to her new house.
"Dere. So, what's next, David? Did you find everytin'?"

"Oh. I'm sorry. I can't imagine what it must have been like, being used and abused like that and then left to fend for yourself... Anyway... Yeah. Mel blanc was a human." Fletcher wipes her paws and mouth on her napkin before neatly packing her rubbish into a pile.
"How's your lunch going?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"It weren't so bad, they took purdy good care of us does. What hurt was bein' kicked out by th' wild rabbits cos I was funny lookin. Oh, I'm right outta salad."

Pitchpipe stacked up all three plastic containers.

"Reckon I could fit seconds."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," David admitted, "everything I could think of except a larger table. All set for delivery this evening, too." He looked on Sam and Scruff. "And you two?"
"Got a bed, got a place and I'm hungry," Scruff summarised.
"Then we'll away to the cafe, unless we need anything else, Selene? You'll need to wash your paws before eating, Scruff."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. Here you are. You can keep the change." Fletcher passes Pitchpipe a couple of low value banknotes, easily enough for seconds and even thirds and fourths, or perhaps just seconds and then dinner later on if the doe so chooses.
"Where did you put all that salad? Did you drop it on the floor?" she jokes using a line her human father loves.
"Seriously though. When was the last time you had a proper meal? I've never seen anyone eat like that before."
"Um, excuse me, miss. Sorry to bother you but, ah, if you're having problems with your owners then there are people who can help." Fletcher turns her head to see a young man standing on her blind side as he shoves a card into he paw and gestures at her patch. She looks at the card and sees the ASPCA, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals logo.
"Hmm? Oh, no, we're fine! This is all tornado damage. Nothing to worry about. I have good owners."
"Oh... Uh... Sorry... Uh... Um... Well, you can keep the card just in case." suddenly turning an awkward shade of red, the man bolts form the restaurant.
"Um, okay. That's never happened to me before." Fletcher giggles, adding the card to her pile of rubbish.

"Yes, I got everytin' too. And I tink lunch is a great idea!" Sam enthuses, tucking her purse back into her backpack. "Any idea where dere's good eatin' around here?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Rosal let out a breath, his head having been partly under water, "Better than expected. Though, I think I should have an on and off schedule for this. One day with one color, next day the other."
"That would definitely keep everyone on their toes. I think it'd be easier than going 'cold turkey' you know." He dragged his feet along the ground so that Rosal could more easily catch up with him.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Depends on what y' mean like a... ", she waited silently until the human had gone then continued in a lower voice. "Ah'm sorry, hon. Ah forget humans ain't always as deaf as they seem, and ah think ah might have to be moving on. Once they start payin' attention to you yer likely to get disappeared."

Pitchpipe picked up the card, examined it, then put it back into the trash pile. In a more normal voice she continued...

"Let me clean thet up for y'all."

She bustled about, putting the trash ostentatiously into the bins, then sauntered back to the street.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites made his way to Tom's office, either this would make him look a little better, or like an annoying nuisance. He knocked on the door of the office, he just had to make sure Tom didn't need any more out of him before he left.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Keeshah wrote:
** Meanwhile at the Zoo's auditorium **
D-Singer wrote:"Hey, easy."
Dustin assured everyone.

Hotep the psychic wrote:"Um miss sara if your gonna go to a vet on the tattoo my owner wont know anything about it. She tags some pets but she uses the same thing the other town vets would too.....unless its special cases like with my dad and me and some other pets......then shed use something else." hotep said before looking down at the ground and twisting a foot a bit in a innocent way but hiding what else he knew thinking hed get in trouble now or releasing important info

You talking about those little bugs in your system?
D-Singer wrote:"Huh?"
"Hey buddy."

"Hotep?"

Sure he does, this is the one Blood got into the hot pepper eating contest with!
Rav volunteers
Hotep waved shyly some at Dustin "i think we also met when my Dad stopped by in the humvees and invited blood and rav to a veterans party during the fireworks" Hotep said
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," David admitted, "everything I could think of except a larger table. All set for delivery this evening, too." He looked on Sam and Scruff. "And you two?"
"Got a bed, got a place and I'm hungry," Scruff summarised.
"Then we'll away to the cafe, unless we need anything else, Selene? You'll need to wash your paws before eating, Scruff."
"I think this should be enough , at least for now , we probably should find something for this little guy though "
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

hypernovatic wrote: "I want to call my mate, Lucky." Kayla said.

Who is that? one of the wild trash can raiding foxes, that lurk just outside of town?
With all the raccoon's and opossums
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Scruff agreed with Selene that they needed to get him food. He had a feeling he should keep the gloves on as they headed across to the cafe - with him in the lead. He found them a table and David took a look at the menu. Along with the two vegetarian options, they had light lunches and steaks and... "Ch...Chee...Cheezeburgur," Scruff read. "That's bin food! I don't want bin food! Um..." He handed the menu to Sam. "Can you choose for me? It'll be faster."
David, on the other hand, selected his within a few seconds.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

Civilization wrote:Alphabites made his way to Tom's office, either this would make him look a little better, or like an annoying nuisance. He knocked on the door of the office, he just had to make sure Tom didn't need any more out of him before he left.
The door opened a crack and the human's choleric face peeked out.

"Who's that? Oh, it's you..."

A brief pause. A distorted voice came from inside. Tom turned away for a moment and called "Just a sec." Then he returned to the door.

"I'm on the phone, give me a minute."

The door shut. Then opened again.

"No listening."

Then a click as the speaker was turned off.