Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Cesco

Re: Art Thread

Post by Cesco »

Cool bear, really fits him. :P :D And with that V he looks like a superhero. :P Really nice work, Hukley. :)
That's not bad, GreatKitsune, I assume it's a dog. :)
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Cesco wrote:Cool bear, really fits him. :P :D And with that V he looks like a superhero. :P Really nice work, Hukley. :)
That's not bad, GreatKitsune, I assume it's a dog. :)
Cat, actually. Accidentally drew his muzzle a bit too long. :|

@Hukley Thanks, Huk. :D I'm very much an amateur, tho'.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I thought Valerio was a St. Bernard (?)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Douglas Collier wrote:I thought Valerio was a St. Bernard (?)
I like Bernie!Valerio. :P
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Douglas Collier wrote:I thought Valerio was a St. Bernard (?)
Well, I asked him and he told me bear ;)
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was under the impression that he was a St. Bernard also! I guess that he isn't anymore and I'm the only St. Bernard!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No, the St Bernard in his avatar is from a completely unrelated picture that Rick drew.

Nice draw, Huk! I can't wait to see the rest of the series!

Great draw, GK! Now I know what you look like! I think from that you show great potential!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

And here are 2 pics I drew during my stream ^^

First one is a little self portrait ;) So here's my Fursona Huk :D (White Swiss Shepherd)

Huk

The second one is just a little fox looking at the stars, counting them :D

Counting the stars

ImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Great background.
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

So cute draw of your fursona, I love it! Keep drawing, little doggy! :D Cute fox, but that activity will take him lot of time. :P
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

I was so proud of this new avatar of mine I decided to put it here. I would like to request constructive criticism for my new-ish style.
Edit: Re-Uploaded with changes! Thanks!
Attachments
Gr8.JPG
Gr8.JPG (71.63 KiB) Viewed 11840 times
Last edited by Czukay on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to call me Czu for short. The games on this forum are pretty neat.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really do like how your new style has come out there! It looks really nice and much cleaner! Great job!
Douglas Collier

That is a really awesome style, Czukay! The only thing I can find that you could improve would be to make the back of the shirt in line with the collar, so as to make the back look less hunched - some of that could be added to the front to compensate if it were to look too skinny. You're on a great track, Czukay. I'm amazed at how much you've improved. :)
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

@Czukay: That looks great! :D A little thing I see: You could also add shadows to the clothing ^^

Here's something I drew for Zips birthday :) (http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zip-the-fox)

Caaaaaake!

ImageImage
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So adorable that is! I really wanna snuggle him and eat that cake!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Great job, Czukay. :D Happy Birthday to Zip and very good work for you, Huk. :) That cake is all for him, I guess. ;)
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

@Hukley Nice! Also, happy birthday to Zip.
Now here's Winston in my new style, which I am still getting used to!
Attachments
Winston.JPG
Winston.JPG (34.97 KiB) Viewed 11798 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He really came out very good! Great job on that!
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

@Czukay: Another nice picture :) I still think you could do a bit more shading ^^

Here's something I drew for Hyperovatic

He wanted a little species change for his Fursona... So here's Phoenix Hyper ;)

Hyper Phoenix

ImageImage
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Really nice, Czukay, keep improving. :) Amazing looking phoenix there and good adding for Furr's hat, great work, Hukley. :D
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great job, Hukley!
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

And here's something I drew for Hlaoroo

Furrhan and two of his clones commemorate ANZAC Day, 2015. This day marks the 100th Anniversary of the landing of Australian and New Zealand Troops in Gallipoli and is very important in Australian history and culture

ANZAC Day 2015 - 100 Years On - Lest We Forget

Last edited by Hukley on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

ANZAC Day is one of two days when we in Australia commemorate those who perished whilst serving our country, paying the ultimate price so that we can live in freedom. The Gallipoli campaign was doomed from the start due to poor planning and communication but our spirit remained unbroken and despite losing that battle we stuck together and never gave up and so ANZAC Day to us represents strength against adversity, camaraderie, mateship, ingenuity and courage. On ANZAC Day, April 25th, we remember not just the 8700 Australian soldiers who lost their lives on that beach but all those who've fought for us and continue to fight for us so that we can have the peace and security we enjoy today.

Thank you for that picture, Huk. It means a lot to me to have something to symbolise my country's ideals and to acknowledge how grateful I am to those who've made my country the great nation it is and who've sacrificed everything for my safety and peace.

Lest We Forget
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oooooh! Look at all of the Furrhans! They all look so cute! That picture is nice!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Amazing tribute draw. :) Furrhan clones? Now I wonder who's the original one. :P
I got to read something about this campaign, after have discovered the existence of this other Gallipoli in Turkey. ;) Thanks for the info, Furrhan. The 25th of April is also a national holiday in Italy.
Czukay

Post by Czukay »

Nice, as always, Hukley!
Also, umm Happy ANZAC Day?
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hlaoroo wrote:ANZAC Day is one of two days when we in Australia commemorate those who perished whilst serving our country, paying the ultimate price so that we can live in freedom. The Gallipoli campaign was doomed from the start due to poor planning and communication but our spirit remained unbroken and despite losing that battle we stuck together and never gave up and so ANZAC Day to us represents strength against adversity, camaraderie, mateship, ingenuity and courage. On ANZAC Day, April 25th, we remember not just the 8700 Australian soldiers who lost their lives on that beach but all those who've fought for us and continue to fight for us so that we can have the peace and security we enjoy today.

Thank you for that picture, Huk. It means a lot to me to have something to symbolise my country's ideals and to acknowledge how grateful I am to those who've made my country the great nation it is and who've sacrificed everything for my safety and peace.

Lest We Forget
So it's like D-day?
Hello, low order beings!

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

In some ways, but there was a landing before then which, obviously, didn't succeed. D-Day had a lot of preparation and a lot of stuff going on off the beaches too. However D-day had a lot of the stated strengths that Hlaoroo mentioned too.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It's not really like D-Day. What was supposed to happen was that the ANZAC troops were intended to meet up with the French and British troops that were already fighting in Gallipoli. Instead, due to a miscommunication they landed abut a kilometre further up the coast than they were supposed to and were stuck on a narrow beach with steep cliffs all around. The Ottoman forces were on top of the cliffs and they held us down on the beach. Both sides endured heavy losses and we were basically pinned on the beach for 9 months until we were ordered to evacuate. This campaign was therefore not a success, unlike D-Day which is why it symbolises strength, endurance and courage and sacrifice a lot more.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Hlaoroo wrote:It's not really like D-Day. What was supposed to happen was that the ANZAC troops were intended to meet up with the French and British troops that were already fighting in Gallipoli. Instead, due to a miscommunication they landed abut a kilometre further up the coast than they were supposed to and were stuck on a narrow beach with steep cliffs all around. The Ottoman forces were on top of the cliffs and they held us down on the beach. Both sides endured heavy losses and we were basically pinned on the beach for 9 months until we were ordered to evacuate. This campaign was therefore not a success, unlike D-Day which is why it symbolises strength, endurance and courage and sacrifice a lot more.
So, Bataan Death March would be closer? We don't really have a day for that anymore, tho.
Hello, low order beings!

Douglas Collier

The fact that the Ottomans took heavy losses when they had the tactical advantage shows a lot of strength on the Australians' part.

Probably closer to Memorial Day or Veteran's Day.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

learning history from drawings ^^

Here's something I drew for swedishWolf

It's a little "thank you" for his work as crator and webmaster of the "Simon & Freddy" homepage :) ( http://www.simonandfreddy.com/ )

Webmaster Wolf

ImageImage
Douglas Collier

Cute sit! ^^ Must be hard to type with paws.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Really cute, he looks more puppy than usual here. :D Nice for the Wolfware laptop. ;)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great job, Hukley!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really nice job on that Hukley!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

GreatKitsune wrote:So, Bataan Death March would be closer? We don't really have a day for that anymore, tho.
Well, no. This was not a war crime - it was a badly planned campaign. We were never captured at Gallipoli, just pinned down on the beach by gunfire and shells.
Douglas Collier wrote:The fact that the Ottomans took heavy losses when they had the tactical advantage shows a lot of strength on the Australians' part.

Probably closer to Memorial Day or Veteran's Day.
Exactly. It's one of two days (the other being Remembrance Day on November 11th) on which we remember our soldiers and their friends and families and their sacrifices. So I think that makes it our equivalent of your Memorial Day.

The story of how we evacuated is also very clever, hence the ingenuity part of the ANZAC legend. It was estimated by British generals that we'd lose about half our soldiers during the evacuation but what our soldiers did was they rigged their guns to fire sporadically at the Ottoman forces. One way they did this was to tie two strings to the trigger - one to hold the trigger back and one connected to a weight that pulled the trigger when a candle burned through the first string. Another way was to attach an empty can to the trigger and place a can full of water on a ledge above this. Then, right before evacuating they'd punch a hole in the can so that water would trickle into the lower can and once it became heavy enough it would pull the trigger. Because the evacuation happened in the dead of night the Ottoman forces were convinced for a long time that we were still in the trenches on the beach. The end result was that 80,000 soldiers were evacuated with just half a dozen casualties during the evacuation.

One of our bravest and most loved heroes served at ANZAC Cove too. His name was John Simpson and he was a field ambulance stretcher bearer. On April 26th, 1915, the morning after he arrived in ANZAC Cove, he found a donkey on the beach and with that donkey set about rescuing injured soldiers and bringing them back behind our lines, singing and whistling the whole way. Unfortunately on May 19th, 1915 he was shot in the back by the Ottoman forces and killed instantly. However, in the 24 days that he served he single handedly saved the lives of over 300 soldiers and this while constantly being fired upon by snipers and artillery! Unfortunately due to an error in the paperwork he was never officially decorated nor given the Victoria Cross he deserves. Still, he's just one of the many heroes who've served out country that we remember on ANZAC Day.

So in the words of Charles Bean, Australia's official war historian of the time:
"Anzac stood, and still stands, for reckless valour in a good cause, for enterprise, resourcefulness, fidelity, comradeship, and endurance that will never own defeat."

Lest We Forget.
Hukley wrote:learning history from drawings ^^
Here's something I drew for swedishWolf
Yup. History is good. :)
Nice draw, Huk!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

rollingWolf

Post by rollingWolf »

Awesome as always hukley :)
¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı ¡pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ buıɥsnɹɔ ɯı
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

My pleasure ^^

Here's a little comic I drew today :)

A surprising moment PART 1
Frederick (the fox) think it's the perfect moment to surprise his friend Sebastian (the skunk)... This probably won't end well ;)

A surprising moment PART 2
uh oh... Frederick, don't you know what happens when you scare a skunk?!?

A surprising moment PART 3

So... who's surprised now? ;)
I think Frederick learnt an important lesson today ;)

A surprising moment PART 4
... but true friends forgive and forget! :D

ImageImage
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Awww, what a simple lovely story! :D Great work, Hukley! :D Probably Fred learned to don't frighten a skunk from the back, but there's still to blame Seb's quick instinct of defence. :P