Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Duster

Re: Art Thread

Post by Duster »

Thanks for the compliments guys! I only hope that with more practice my drawings will look cleaner.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Duster wrote:Thanks for the compliments guys! I only hope that with more practice my drawings will look cleaner.

Cleaner eh? You ever thought about looking into some inking tools? There's both pencil and pen out there, it all depends on what your preference is. Just letting you know =)
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Oh wow, these look awesome guys! ^_^
This is just something I'm working on:
A Grim Reaper/Executioner/Ethereal
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Nice looking reaper. Did it take long to do?

Finally I'm able to post some digital art. Just a drawing no color. Was done in photoshop and would have used Illustrator, but Illy was being a pain so. Tell me what you think, I'm totally for criticism. I know the lines aren't exactly clean, but if I ever go back to it to add some color, I'll be sure to clean it up.

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Ooo, you're picking it up quick Tatsuo.
And not too long, that particular picture took me about 2 hours work. But it took me about a week to design the character from scratch the correct way for my course.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Laxan wrote:Ooo, you're picking it up quick Tatsuo.
And not too long, that particular picture took me about 2 hours work. But it took me about a week to design the character from scratch the correct way for my course.

Hey thanks! Wow ok. I didn't have to design from scratch and this still took me around 12 hours to make. In a course of about 3 days. I had one pose I wanted then I decided on another and blah blah. 50 percent of this was me learning, but I had fun. After some more line art stuff, I'll start looking into color. This digital art stuff is a blast.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Wait till you try the none outlining styles... Then you'll want to die.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Haven't really been drawing any fan art recently, but oh well, this is a thing: XP

And so is this:

Although I'm not sure about this one, maybe half a thing?:

blah :P
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Dexy

Post by Dexy »

So, I decided I needed an avatar for the forum, so I drew a very quick, cartoony self-portrait. I intended it to look like I was deep in thought. Upon reflection I look more sad and/or confused, but when I tried to redo it or fix it up it always looked much worse.

I've attached a higher-res version so you can see it clearer.

So, ah, enjoy? :P

(I just realised my forehead is very, very small. That's what I get for rushing the doodle though, I guess :P)
Attachments
ConfusedPortrait.png
ConfusedPortrait.png (60.53 KiB) Viewed 11729 times
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

TheMobian wrote:Haven't really been drawing any fan art recently, but oh well, this is a thing: XP

Hmm so I'm guessing you like Hedgehogs? =P Epic work right there. Is that all traditional!? Good lord! So many poses and expressions :D.

Dexy wrote:So, I decided I needed an avatar for the forum, so I drew a very quick, cartoony self-portrait. I intended it to look like I was deep in thought. Upon reflection I look more sad and/or confused, but when I tried to redo it or fix it up it always looked much worse.

I may be off when saying this, but if you were to add a hand underneath your chin, like resting your chin on the edge of your thumb, I think that may look a bit better for that deeper in thought look. Since you have beard you could also do that "Hmmm" thing while your hand strokes the side or bottom of your beard. <--Not supposed to sound sexual. :roll: I hope you get what I'm saying though =)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

A few days ago I was feeling down and my friend made me this. I felt it needed to be shared.
Attachments
81d41c8f-406f-4eff-9f1c-a2802686d947_zpsfbd3a825.jpg
81d41c8f-406f-4eff-9f1c-a2802686d947_zpsfbd3a825.jpg (186.63 KiB) Viewed 11695 times
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Dawwww! Cute! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Everyone's seems to be very good from the beginning or improving. The same can't be said for me, hehe... *sulks in a dark corner*

But seriously, I like to get ideas from this thread, even if I didn't say anything :3

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Some lame fan-art I made a few days ago.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Megamaster wrote:Some lame fan-art I made a few days ago.

What the heck you talking about, It's Got COLOR!!! Not bad at all man.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Megamaster wrote:Some lame fan-art I made a few days ago.
Rick wrote:Neat.
So there's that...

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

More fan-art! This time with my favorite character, King!
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Tatsuo wrote:
TheMobian wrote:Haven't really been drawing any fan art recently, but oh well, this is a thing: XP

Hmm so I'm guessing you like Hedgehogs? =P Epic work right there. Is that all traditional!? Good lord! So many poses and expressions :D.

I Know no other way 8-)
well... I do
But every other way for me just seems boring :P

Anyways, thanks Tatsuo! I have also been looking through the thread quite a bit recently, and its amazing seeing how much everyone here has improved in such a short amount of time! =D Amazing work everyone! :mrgreen:
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

TheMobian wrote:I Know no other way 8-)
well... I do
But every other way for me just seems boring :P

Anyways, thanks Tatsuo! I have also been looking through the thread quite a bit recently, and its amazing seeing how much everyone here has improved in such a short amount of time! =D Amazing work everyone! :mrgreen:

I've said it once and you'll probably hear me say it again =P, The wonderful thing I love about drawing is that every time you do it, you get a little better each time. All you need is a little patience and practice. I've gone back myself, and it's wonderful to see how far people have come.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

I'm back! With more fan-art!

Post by 0404 »

Megamaster wrote:A few days ago I was feeling down and my friend made me this. I felt it needed to be shared.
Lovely!

Duster! you have improved a lot!! Nice to see your arts!

well, massive art dump time!
Haven't been here for so long.

Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

YAY to massive art dump! =P

I think this one's my favorite.

Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Tatsuo wrote:YAY to massive art dump! =P

Those are awesome, texascat! :D

I also like this one. It has a really peaceful ambiance :)
ImageImage

Post by 0404 »

Tatsuo wrote:YAY to massive art dump! =P

Thanks!
I've spent quite a time on this one.
Hukley wrote:

You know why Mr.Patriotic? Because the background is Swiss night with a swissian in front X3
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

texascat018 wrote:
Hukley wrote:

You know why Mr.Patriotic? Because the background is Swiss night with a swissian in front X3
Ha, excellent! :D

(but the SwissArmy has another camouflage and other rifles ;) )
ImageImage
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

hi~!
im new to the forums, so please tell me if i do anything wrong, k?
anyway
im doing art for quiet a few years, im pretty expirianced, but my natural talent pull me backward (i was not born to do art XP)
anyway
i made a drawing of my character based on the style of the comics to check it out, here it is :3

the art style was really weird to me, so that was a hard drawing :c
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

hanDesu wrote:but my natural talent pull me backward (i was not born to do art XP)
You still got me beat.

And don't let any of that "natural talent" junk make you think any less of your art. Some people may just seem better from the start, but it's the dedication and willingness to learn that'll make the difference in the end. If you're fine with how your drawing is now, then so be it. But if you want to improve and get better, you'll surpass anyone as long as you put your mind to it and have patience.

Also, I find that picture really cute. With the exception of the paw, I can't find anything really wrong. The head, neck, and shoulders all came out really well. I'd love to see some more stuff by you.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Great draws everyone, I wish I could be able to draw so well, because I've the first bases of make drawing art: inspiration and fantasy.
I don't make hand drawing since many years, and my subjects have always been the same, such as natural landscapes, little towns and still life. Then I did something about cars drawing, with not so good results. Never got to seriously draw people, animals, and comic and cartoons characters... it's a bad lacuna.
True story Jeff, it's what's needed to yourself for drawing.
Hukley wrote:
Hukley wrote:Here's an early version (or sketch) of a little project of mine. (I'm going to draw it as a digital picture later)
I finished the digital version now:

As said, it's a project for my studies so I would appreciate any sort of constructive criticism.
The project is a picture-book for children.
What is good? What should be changed?

Thank you very much in advance! :)
Awesome! There's your drawing personality in it. ;) The characters setup reminds me of the great Calvin and Hobbes comic. There are similarities with your webcomic, too. Ain't something not good, eh. :P
Megamaster wrote:A few days ago I was feeling down and my friend made me this. I felt it needed to be shared.
Very nice draw there! If you permit, I've made a digital version of it, with some improvement. I've found it good for own training on computer drawing.

King it's always cute, even when worried. :)
hanDesu wrote:hi~!
im new to the forums, so please tell me if i do anything wrong, k?
anyway
im doing art for quiet a few years, im pretty expirianced, but my natural talent pull me backward (i was not born to do art XP)
anyway
i made a drawing of my character based on the style of the comics to check it out, here it is :3

the art style was really weird to me, so that was a hard drawing :c
Hello! Nothing wrong so far, don't worry. :wink: Nice well done draw of your character, I see the effort put in it.
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

JeffCvt wrote:
hanDesu wrote:but my natural talent pull me backward (i was not born to do art XP)
You still got me beat.

And don't let any of that "natural talent" junk make you think any less of your art. Some people may just seem better from the start, but it's the dedication and willingness to learn that'll make the difference in the end. If you're fine with how your drawing is now, then so be it. But if you want to improve and get better, you'll surpass anyone as long as you put your mind to it and have patience.

Also, I find that picture really cute. With the exception of the paw, I can't find anything really wrong. The head, neck, and shoulders all came out really well. I'd love to see some more stuff by you.
thank you ^w^
about the hands, i usually dont have problem drawing hand or anything, but this style is quiet weird to me XP
Cesco wrote: Hello! Nothing wrong so far, don't worry. :wink: Nice well done draw of your character, I see the effort put in it.
thank you very much :'3
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Great work Guys. Cesco, that turned out really good and hanDesu is that a squirrel? Either way I'm impressed. She's got that innocent look to her. Assuming it's a girl.

As for me, I'm having some problems. Maybe you can help me here, haDesu. I tired drawing a wolf traditionally last week, but when I got to adding the hair I ran into some problems. The paper that I had originally begin this on months ago is really old. My mother gave me the paper and I think she's had it since the 80's. Every line I drew I had to force, which made very big hair strands. So yeah I never finished. So if anyone could give me some advise for what paper to use when sketching and for finalized drawings that would be great. I'm starting to realize that I need better paper.

Also here's the video that I was following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpwEHXcDZFQ
There's a narrated slower version if anybody wants to take a crack at it.

FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

A WYILD NINETAILS HAZ APPARED ASDFGHSAFSHAF!!!!!!

GOTTA CACHEZ DEM AWLL!!!!
*throws master ball*
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

TheMobian wrote:A WYILD NINETAILS HAZ APPARED ASDFGHSAFSHAF!!!!!!

*throws master ball*
OMG WAT XXDDD
this expression XD
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

TheMobian wrote:A WYILD NINETAILS HAZ APPARED ASDFGHSAFSHAF!!!!!!

*throws master ball*
I love this. I love it lots. *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

well, i decided that now its a good time to post the rest of the art of my acconet (this acconet is new, so there only one more drawing :c)

anyway, this is my character (of which i based the other drawing) :3
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Looks good hanDesu. Nice and funny one Mobian.
Tatsuo wrote:Great work Guys. Cesco, that turned out really good and hanDesu is that a squirrel? Either way I'm impressed. She's got that innocent look to her. Assuming it's a girl.

As for me, I'm having some problems. Maybe you can help me here, haDesu. I tired drawing a wolf traditionally last week, but when I got to adding the hair I ran into some problems. The paper that I had originally begin this on months ago is really old. My mother gave me the paper and I think she's had it since the 80's. Every line I drew I had to force, which made very big hair strands. So yeah I never finished. So if anyone could give me some advise for what paper to use when sketching and for finalized drawings that would be great. I'm starting to realize that I need better paper.
Thanks.
Wow, it's such an old paper, better change it, it could also have been ruined by moisture in all these years. Use smooth drawing paper in A3 format, and for sketches, common A4 printer paper would be good; use normal HB pencil, it's the tip what counts to make softer or harder marks, so keep always a sharpener near you. The draw has turned out enough good for a first try, keep it up.
Nice tutorials however, the chiaroscuro drawing with pencils it's where I've mostly got the best results.
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

well, heres a little doodle or skatching or howeve you say that, that i made yesterday, to practice housepets style :c
hope you like it and please make me better ^^
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Looks really nice and promising. ;) I must try to do the same, then, I'm loving the Housepets! style.
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

its really really fun >w<
but theres something about this style that i cant quiet catch :c
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Cesco wrote:Looks good hanDesu. Nice and funny one Mobian.
Tatsuo wrote:Great work Guys. Cesco, that turned out really good and hanDesu is that a squirrel? Either way I'm impressed. She's got that innocent look to her. Assuming it's a girl.

Thanks.
Wow, it's such an old paper, better change it, it could also have been ruined by moisture in all these years. Use smooth drawing paper in A3 format, and for sketches, common A4 printer paper would be good; use normal HB pencil, it's the tip what counts to make softer or harder marks, so keep always a sharpener near you. The draw has turned out enough good for a first try, keep it up.
Nice tutorials however, the chiaroscuro drawing with pencils it's where I've mostly got the best results.

Ahh ok. Thanks for both the reply and help. I'll have drop by my local art store to see what they got.

Edit: Dang it!~ Everything they carry is in 12x9 format. Finally found one book that had 80 sheets in it that was 11x8.5 which I believe is close enough. Price didn't feel good though. It's not to rough though, pretty smooth. We'll see how it works out.

hanDesu wrote:its really really fun >w<
but theres something about this style that i cant quiet catch :c

From my observations, both the forearm and lower portion of the legs are accentuated to accommodat larger hands and feet. If that helps.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Loving your style HanDesu! You're really good. xD
Wouldn't mind an art trade with you!

Also just cam by to drop these off: BOOP!
Laxan in my FFXIV armour. :3

And MrNeonShot's HPoc character
Was a fun art trade!