Art Thread

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

hanDesu

Re: Art Thread

Post by hanDesu »

laxan, you are really really good! :3

as for my thing
i keep on learning this style, i made another doodle thingy :c

Laxan

Post by Laxan »

That very good. You have a very solid idea of body structure and stance. Something I'm still grasping.
OH I forgot to post this a while ago:
Ro, Lillian and Simon.
For my comic *cough*
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

im not sure what do you mean, but thank you ^^
same thing about your clothes foldings :')
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm enjoying these drawings these days, guys. Keep it up. I plan on visiting this section more often while on my visits to the good old HP forums and have more time to comment on the pictures. =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur

Post by 0404 »

hanDesu wrote:laxan, you are really really good! :3

as for my thing
i keep on learning this style, i made another doodle thingy :c

:D :D :D :D :D :3 :3 :3 :3 :3
I love it! siajsduhd awui so cuuteeeee!!!1 and so pretty!

GIF image time!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

There better be some form of confetti in that cannon =P
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.

Post by 0404 »

Tatsuo wrote:There better be some form of confetti in that cannon =P
it is filled with...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Lol Oh my God!

Edit: Alright I don't know if this is any good or not, but here it is. This will be my first original anthro character(At least not by having to use a tutorial or guide). I'm thinking the snout could be a bit shorter or at a slightly upper angle, but I think it counts as a good first try. I'd also like to thank a certain individual for helping me and giving me much needed advise. So here's show to that your tips and advise were greatly appreciated and helpful =3

I have no idea what to call her nor do I know what species she is. This was a purely from the imagination to paper drawing. I'm thinking I'll call her Emily, but I don't know for sure.

Edit: You know what, I'm gona call her Ashley instead. She looks more like an Ashely I think.

Last edited by Tatsuo on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

The result of 24 separate requests all clumped into one big schmorgesborg of randomness:

XP
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

TheMobian wrote:The result of 24 separate requests all clumped into one big schmorgesborg of randomness:

XP
woah there epic artist with clean butt lines
can we have children together?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Great draws everyone. Really nice one hanDesu, keep it up ;) That's amazing Mobian, it must be filled with colors...

Just tried to make a HP! style character, not a so great result, though. The proportions aren't the best, I know. I did it in few minutes without copy from other draws, just got some inspiring and this invented character came out. Couldn't resist to use chiaroscuro even here...

I hope to do better and especially realize some draws I have in my mind...
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Dang it, Mobi( I hope I can call you that =3) just when I thought you couldn't get any better you one up the bar =P. Cesco, not bad at all. You have the correct proportions down, I could elaborate, but if I may though, I suggest you begin to focus on one aspect. Hands, Feet, Face, they're all the same. I believe if you begin to focus on one part of the body and master it, and then begin to focus on another, I think you would do exceptionally well. There's no shame at master just one portion of the body. We all must learn and master at least one thing of the body. Whether it be hands, feet, face, whatever your into, master it and become the best. That just my 2 cents though =)

I'd love to hear feed back about my drawing to... :)
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

hanDesu wrote:
TheMobian wrote:The result of 24 separate requests all clumped into one big schmorgesborg of randomness:

XP
woah there epic artist with clean butt lines
can we have children together?
lol, And our children would be the greatest artists in the world! BRILLIANT! :lol: *shot*
Cesco wrote:That's amazing Mobian, it must be filled with colors...
haha, makes me wish I could actually colour it, I am the WORST digital artist ever =P
Tatsuo wrote:Dang it, Mobi( I hope I can call you that =3) just when I thought you couldn't get any better you one up the bar =P.
lol, yes, you can call me Mobi, most people do :3 (well, that and "Mobs").

Thank you so much for the high praise everyone! It really means the world to me =D

As for the rest of you, hanDesu, your art really mimics the style of Rick Griffin very well, better then most people I've seen for sure. And while the paper seems to look messy because of the scanner, the lines themselves actually look very smooth :D Did you do that all in pen or pencil?

Laxan your design skills really are astonishing, the detail in the armour of the first pic, and the facial features of the humans is what really catches my eyes. The poses look very natural too, wonderful job!

texascat018, you made that Gif?! Haha, that is awesome! =D I'm going to have to watch out for that cat tho', that thing he's carrying really looks to pack a punch! @_@

Tatsuo the lines on your pick are VERY smooth, your inking skills truly are impressive. Not much I can criticize about the drawing itself either, although the mussel does look a little flat, and that is mostly because of how long it is. My advice would be to try and shorten it a little bit, and make it look like the mussel is coming out toward the viewer instead of down so far to the left. Still, wonderful work here as well!

Cesco, not bad at all! The only thing you can really do to it is move the head a little more to the left and get rid of some of the neck showing right behind his mussel. That way the character's center of gravity stays balanced with the rest of it's body, instead of it looking like Micky's head is jetting out from his body. But still, everything else looks great! =D
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Got bored. Made this today.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

jopencjusz wrote:Ok, at this one I've tried working with background and perspective. I'm not very satisfied with it:

This one I've made for the story I've read few days ago. You could read it here: The Visitor From My Imagination

This one is by ReCreate (or R3Create on DA).

I also used one of ReCreate photos on my drawing, here is link to it: Walkway Through Grass
Well holy crap. I had no idea you posted this here. I didn't even really want that story linked to. ._. I just found this with google.

I can't remember if I responded to this, but awwwwww, thanks XD I want to give you a hug now. XD

*is many months late* Dx
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Tatsuo wrote:Cesco, not bad at all. You have the correct proportions down, I could elaborate, but if I may though, I suggest you begin to focus on one aspect. Hands, Feet, Face, they're all the same. I believe if you begin to focus on one part of the body and master it, and then begin to focus on another, I think you would do exceptionally well. There's no shame at master just one portion of the body. We all must learn and master at least one thing of the body. Whether it be hands, feet, face, whatever your into, master it and become the best. That just my 2 cents though =)
About the proportions, once finished the draw, I've seen troubles about the head, and maybe for the too short legs and too long body. Yeah, I need to train with drawing each body part separately, and successively train with drawing the entire body in various positions.
Thanks for the suggestions. :)
TheMobian wrote:Cesco, not bad at all! The only thing you can really do to it is move the head a little more to the left and get rid of some of the neck showing right behind his mussel. That way the character's center of gravity stays balanced with the rest of it's body, instead of it looking like Micky's head is jetting out from his body. But still, everything else looks great! =D
That's true, you're right about the head. I'm even wondering how it turned out in that way, maybe it was because of the bad position and lightning I had when I drew it. However, it's was just a quick try, I don't want to continue with this character, I'll focus more of the comic characters and then on other my characters which I'm defining. Thank you a lot. ;)
Tatsuo wrote:I'd love to hear feed back about my drawing to... :)
It's really well made, clean lines and good perspective. ;)
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Looking pretty good there, Megamaster. You're getting better. The only thing I would criticize are the eyes. They look kinda off. It seams one is looking forward and the other is looking up. Also since you're uploading all your art work via a camera, I thought you could use this video and maybe learn a few things that you may have not already known: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJrgnxKehso

Cesco wrote:About the proportions, once finished the draw, I've seen troubles about the head, and maybe for the too short legs and too long body. Yeah, I need to train with drawing each body part separately, and successively train with drawing the entire body in various positions.
Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Hey no problem =P. One thing to always remember is basic anatomy, which you kinda have down. Example would be the arms. The length of the arm with most characters, ends at about the crouch section, of course including the hands. I see you did notice the body being slightly to long, but as for the legs, that depends on what pose your going after. If for example the character is placing all their weight on to one leg, the knee locks, but also gives the other leg with out weight upon it look longer then it should. It's very slight, but is noticeable when doing those types of poses.

Also just a tip, when you get around to drawing hands, remember that the hand will be about the same size as is the face. Of course again depending on the character.

Also thank you guys for the feed back. I wish to do the best I can, so any feed back is very helpful and appreciated =3
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Tatsuo wrote:Looking pretty good there, Megamaster. You're getting better. The only thing I would criticize are the eyes. They look kinda off. It seams one is looking forward and the other is looking up. Also since you're uploading all your art work via a camera, I thought you could use this video and maybe learn a few things that you may have not already known: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJrgnxKehso
Yeah. I noticed that and kept trying to fix them but in the end I left them alone. Next time will be better.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)

Post by 0404 »

You don't know me~!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

^Lol Kill of the Hill?

Post by 0404 »

no, it's Rusty Shackleford! XD
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

texascat018 wrote:no, it's Rusty Shackleford! XD
G~eh. *jumps out the window and runs from the FBI*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

GameCobra wrote:
texascat018 wrote:no, it's Rusty Shackleford! XD
G~eh. *jumps out the window and runs from the FBI*
Crap! They know, RUN DALE RUN!!
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

new drawing of my character (in my own style again, not rick's :P)

im proud of it -w-
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Wow that's really nice. I especially like the hair. I haven't gotten hair down yet :(
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

thank you~
i really like drawing hair, i find it really fun and such ^^
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

A digital painting of my FFXIV character, it's not finished but I got bored.

And Wow Handesu, you're REALLY freaking good... ... ...
Stop it, you're giving me an inadequacy complex. ;o;
(Keep doing it, I wanna see more ;o;)
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

im giving YOU inadequancy complex?! excuse me mister 'my anatomy is perfect justlookatthoseshoulders', i didnt realize perfect people like you could even feel that way!
(love you)
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Miss* D<
And my anatomy is FAR from perfect. I AM NOT PERFECT, BY FAR. ):<
(Love you too. <3 Wanna do an art trade? |D)
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

but you will have yo let me do it first, i tend to fail most of my drawings, so ill accept the trade only after i succeed at the base, k? :3
(your anatomy is great, dont you dare insult it!)
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Lol, Okay okay. Pm me when you're up for it. I'm free whenever, I have another art trade to finish off but I'm doing that this second. xD
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

well
i crossed this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wvg-U302D4

i had to draw it

took me about 3 mins
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

adorable. and love the song (seeing the band in concert in a few weeks)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:adorable. and love the song (seeing the band in concert in a few weeks)
thanks ^^
whats the name of the band?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Awolnation
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hanDesu

Post by hanDesu »

Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Very nice work there, hanDesu. Lovely King. :)

Also, I'm opened to draws digitalizing requests, if you want one, PM me for more info. ;)
Last edited by Cesco on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

This is what I decided do spend my Lunch period making.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

hanDesu wrote:Image
took me about 3 mins

Lol that's awesome. 3min though holly crap! I don't know if I could do that.

Not bad there Magamaster. You seem to have a good grasp on upper body anatomy and how it looks. Keep at it.

Also here's a Dragon =P

Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Really cool dragon, Tatsuo! :)
I'd love to see it with color! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage