Can you draw it Better?

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Tatsuo

Can you draw it Better?

Post by Tatsuo »

Hello again everyone!

Edit Intro #2:With the help of DingoVolf giving me ideas(thank ya man :D ), I wanted to remake this thread.

Art is art right? So I want this to be a thread where people can go, post a picture of whatever, and see what people do with it. You can come at this with a competitive spirit, or let your imagination go wild, all up to you. You can be as correct or incorrect as you'd like to be. Match it, mismatch it, it doesn't matter. I want this to be a place where people can feel comfortable to post any picture that they've drawn and get feed back and support. I believe the ideas that could be generated here will have a huge impact as a whole. Being able to get different methods of drawing and ways to improve is what I want all this to be about. Every time someone comes at something with one approach, someone else may learn something and come at it with another. I don't want anyone to feel like there style is wrong, because as they say, art is in the eye of the beholder.

I'd hate to make any rules because art doesn't follow any, but I feel I need to at least make one rule. If you all could support it, I'd appreciate it. After so may posts of the same picture, I'd like to see different ones. I feel that to many posts of the same picture could get very stale. Respectfully after 5, 6, 7 posts of different attempts at the same picture, find us something new. Find a new challenge. We don't want to fall into a comfort zone.

Oh and one more rule: HAVE FUN!

Edit: It can be tutorials to. Doesn't have to be just a picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzdmiuySNY8
Attachments
Furry Fox 007.JPG
Furry Fox 007.JPG (84 KiB) Viewed 8596 times
Last edited by Tatsuo on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:58 am, edited 8 times in total.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Dissension

Re: Can you draw it Better?

Post by Dissension »

[ Moved to Media Median ]

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Oops, sweet thank you man. Didn't see this.
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Very fun idea!
I will see if I can make some time to give this a shot. I love community doodling things. :)
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Eeeh, no, I don't think I can draw it better, but I tried. :D

Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Lol you actually drew something. At least yours has color and imagination. Yeah I thought about it and this was kinda of a dumb thread to make. I don't want I was hoping for so if any Mod wants to take this down go ahead.
Last edited by Tatsuo on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Tatsuo wrote:Lol you actually drew something. At least yours has color and imagination. Yeah I thought about it and this was kinda of a dumb thread to make. I don't want was hoping for so if any Mod wants to take this down go ahead.
I think this is a cool thread. I'll give it a try when I got some spare time (after my exams). I also try to improve my drawing skills so I'm happy for tutorials like this :)
(unfortunately, you removed the link ;) )
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Hukley wrote: I think this is a cool thread. I'll give it a try when I got some spare time (after my exams). I also try to improve my drawing skills so I'm happy for tutorials like this :)
(unfortunately, you removed the link ;) )

There ya go man, it's back up=) Maybe I need to word the first post better or something. Hmm, maybe instead we could post tutorials or something. I don't know I'm kicking around ideas. I knows there's a art thread, but not a thread to go to for structure and support and things to help improve someone's skill.
Last edited by Tatsuo on Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:actually, there is the collaborative artistic improvement thread

Oh yeah. That's kinda of an older thread. Hmm is ResTheRabbit still active?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

he isn't so active here, but I'm in touch with him

though it wasn't just hime posting so his activity shouldn't matter much
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: though it wasn't just hime posting so his activity shouldn't matter much
No you're right. It's just he seemed very knowledgeable and knew what he was talking about. Hmm...
DingoVolf

Post by DingoVolf »

After calibrating my lasers, I made another attempt.
I sense the issue I'm not having is form, but... arguments with conflicting gestalts.

Edit: Forgot about hotlinking, fixed.
Last edited by DingoVolf on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Well I just went out and bought "Human anatomy made amazingly easy by Christopher Hart", as I to am having form issues. I don't think it's the book I was looking, but it's very detailed.If one of your guys know of a good book for form and correct dimensions to making a character for full body view let me know.

Not exactly perfect, but it's my first attempt so.

http://rickgriffin.storenvy.com/product ... cter-sheet <Used as reference
As you can see I drew him leaning a bit forward. I lack the needed building blocks right now for poses and so I had to free draw him as seen. I do plan on trying to draw his back to.

Edit: Oh and DingoVolf put the pic back up don't be shy. We're all learning here. =)

Last edited by Tatsuo on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

DingoVolf wrote:After calibrating my lasers, I made another attempt.
I sense the issue I'm not having is form, but... arguments with conflicting gestalts.

Edit: Forgot about hotlinking, fixed.

AHHH I'm so jealous! I want a tablet so bad! Awesome pic man, good job.

Edit: That really sparks ideas dude! You got something there.