Dog saves a cat? And that's not the weird thing!

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Gren

Dog saves a cat? And that's not the weird thing!

Post by Gren »

Every day we learn something new. Today I learned that dogs and cats can share the same blood.
Crazy, right? If you don't believe me just check on the link.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 78796.html

Now I wonder if inter-species relationships are legal in New Zealand.
ImageImage
Laxan

Re: Dog saves a cat? And that's not the weird thing!

Post by Laxan »

Well that's silly for a start. the dog didn't 'donate' since he had no choice in the matter. It wasn't the dog's choice to donate the blood it was his owner. Not exactly a dog saving a cat as a dog being used to save a cat. Completely different things.
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Gren

Post by Gren »

Laxan wrote:Well that's silly for a start. the dog didn't 'donate' since he had no choice in the matter. It wasn't the dog's choice to donate the blood it was his owner. Not exactly a dog saving a cat as a dog being used to save a cat. Completely different things.
Well, duh, that's just the title they used to draw people's attention. It's not like you're going to ask the dog "hey, you wanna save a cat who you never seen before? We need your blood by the way" and the dog answers "Sure, why not? And later I want to join to the dogs scouts!". This is the real world, you can't expect animals to make decisions.

The point is that is highly unbelievable than members of two different species could have compatible blood.
ImageImage
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Oh, don't worry, I knew you were pointing out the stupidness of the title and article, I was agreeing with you on it, not chastising you.
And yes, science is a strange thing but it isn't really that surprising if you understand the basics of blood types. Heck, I know a man with a pig's heart valves.
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'