My Upcoming Webcomic: GrimmSouls

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: My Upcoming Webcomic: GrimmSouls

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Have you ever heard of SWAT Kats: Nova Squadron?
No I haven't.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Check that comic out because its almost like the same premise as your comic but not the same.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Check that comic out because its almost like the same premise as your comic but not the same.
Hmm...yeah it looks like I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board with the S.W.A.T Kats comic.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You could just use the same premise as the series but make it darker and edgier.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You could just use the same premise as the series but make it darker and edgier.
Might have to, if I want to do the '72hrs In New York' story arc.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that would work out fine.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So GOOD NEWS! I am finally caught up in everything I needed to do (Cleaning and yard work), which can only mean one thing....Working on the comic! Hopefully by Wednesday I can get the logos for the four comics I announced out (GrimmSouls, FurWar, Road Rovers, and S.W.A.T Kats) then by next week, I can work on the cover for GrimmSouls StoryArc #1. It took us nearly half the year, but I can safely say: GrimmSouls will FINALLY COME OUT SOON!

Also, later on, I'll be working on a comic called Return To Moo Mesa
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wait a second? You actually know what Wild West C.O.W.Boys of the Moo Mesa is!?

*fangirl scream*
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So, minor update: I recently been doodling a bit this week (not the comic, sadly, just some random sketches to get myself back into drawing) and...yeah I do need a bit more work in terms of proportions, faces, and..well everything. But so far I am getting my groove back! I'll see about uploading the one pic I did this week sometime (something random I did) this week along with what the logo for GrimmSouls will look like :) (Though...I might have to cut some corners when it comes to building designs...)

Also, 'Return To MooMesa', since I talked about it last post, will be a steampunk "sequel series" to the original.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I really do look forward to the comic! I will wait for as long as it takes!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I admit I've only read through a few posts on the first page so maybe this has been addressed, but i'm having a hard time believing that there aren't at least some elements of Bleach involved in the inspiration behind this... it's the soul reaper bits. the group that made up 2/3 of bleach's cast were called soul reapers in the dub, and I've rarely seen that particular mashup of Grim Reaper & Soul Collector used as a term elsewhere. that, and they're an organization with similar duties to yours.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Buster wrote:I admit I've only read through a few posts on the first page so maybe this has been addressed, but i'm having a hard time believing that there aren't at least some elements of Bleach involved in the inspiration behind this... it's the soul reaper bits. the group that made up 2/3 of bleach's cast were called soul reapers in the dub, and I've rarely seen that particular mashup of Grim Reaper & Soul Collector used as a term elsewhere. that, and they're an organization with similar duties to yours.
You know that's the first time someone compared this to Bleach (I only know of it cause I read a part of it in a Shonen Jump), or any anime truthfully, but I'll be honest when say that I'm not taking any inspiration from Bleach or any other anime in the making of this comic (most of my inspiration for this comic comes from Housepets, Greek Mythology, bits of the bible, Blade, and Disney's Hercules). These Reapers have been dead for years, work in both Heaven and the Underworld, The 'Soul Reaper' is actually the name of Merick's Shotgun and, at the same time, when these reapers reap souls, the people they are getting the souls from are either dead, dying, or are being sent to the Underworld. Plus, to be fair, these guys are just called Grim Reapers and are part of Heaven/Underworld 'The Order Of The Reapers'. I'll also be honest when,, once again, this is the first time someone compared this to a existing property but I will do my best to make sure it stands out from the crowd.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I never read or watched Bleach so I can't comment. I've only used Bleach for my clothes.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Sorry for no updates. Been dealing with some personal issues (nothing major or serious: just personal) as of late again which kinda killed my will to draw. Thankfully, I did do some artwork before I had the personal issues (mainly a pic based on my DJ name in Second Life), but I'm gonna try to get the cover up soon. Friggin' hate making people wait, but I can't plan when I have the urge to draw and when I don't have the urge to draw. With that said, if this takes any longer to come out, I might have to pull the plug on the one comic I have in the works (if I have to, I'll reveal said comic here), but I hoping it doesn't come to it. Don't worry, GrimmSouls, Z-Fur, FurWar, RoadRovers, SWAT Kats, Return To MooMesa and my other comics are safe (GrimmSouls being the main project) and will not get their plug pulled any time soon :) Other then that, I will try to get the comic up and running by Summer's end, if not then hopefully by Fall's end. So yeah, please bare with me as I try to get this comic out :)

(((Here I go again planning ahead: I MIGHT (Emphasis on MIGHT) try to work on a 'Housepets!' fan comic called 'K9 Units' in which Peanut joins the K9 Squad)))
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You should totally do that! Anything with more Kevin in it is WONDERFUL!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:You should totally do that! Anything with more Kevin in it is WONDERFUL!
Hehe :) Knowing me though, I'd probably make the K9 Squad a bit more action pack (Dogs+Guns). Before I even do, and IF I do, the comic, I should look into the K9 Squad a bit more and look at each member personality so I can, well, make a somewhat accurate comic :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I personally would like to see Kevin more fleshed out which is what me and dryideabat are doing.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Sorry for no updates again. It's just been too hot for me (to the point where I stupidly got a bit nauseous by accident. Trust me when I say never have milk and cookies during a heat wave) and I've been, once again, having some personal issues I'm dealing with. I'm trying to get my act together and fight my procrastination (which is one of my problems, unfortunately), my laziness, and my issues so I can get this comic out to you guys. Heck I was able to get one drawing together (Not for the comic, just something out of boredom) but after that, I didn't have the urge anymore. I'm truely sorry about making you wait like this (I hate for this to turn into another Half-Life 3 where it never comes out or Duke Nukem Forever-which I actually think is an awesome game-where it comes out and is considered OK), but I just need to both force myself to deal with these problems, get back into drawing, and stop procrastinating so much. GrimmSouls, FurWar, ZFur, Road Rovers, K9-Unit, S.W.A.T. Kats, Return To MooMesa, Simba: A Lion's Tail, Star Wars: Omega Squadron, and my Kung Fu Panda Fan Comic Series WILL COME OUT and, this you have my word on, I will not cancel them for any reason. I will get those comics out to you guys and I'm gonna make it my personal goal this year to not only get those comics out BUT make up for the wait you guys have to endure.

Because of this, and I'm feeling nice again, I'm going to reveal two future titles in both the S.W.A.T Kats and Road Rovers comics (Not GrimmSouls, mind you, I want these to be a surprise :) ). The two are entitled:
S.W.A.T Kats: 72hrs In New York (Inspired by 44mins: Shootout In North Hollywood)
&
Road Rovers: The Last Stand (NOT the final arc. Just the name of the comic)

But for now, please bare with me as I deal with my issues, the heat (Fall can't come soon enough), and getting back into drawing. Thank you :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't worry. You can take all the time in the world. We aren't gonna rush you!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Don't worry. You can take all the time in the world. We aren't gonna rush you!
Thanks :) Least I know there are still patient people in the world :) Should say this though, out of all the comics I'm making: Z-Fur might be the goriest (and trickiest story) I've done and Star Wars: Omega Squadron will be my attempt at making a Star Wars comic set during the original Trilogy and BEFORE The Force Awakens (Basic idea: Think Luke Skywalker's Rouge Squadron except these guys do the more dangerous missions for the Rebels. It will also feature the first, to my knowledge, Trandoshan Rebel Pilot).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That sounds like it will be a really amazing story! I can't wait to see how it plays out!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

:( I think it's time I admit something: I tend to procrastinate...a lot. That's one of the main reasons why this hasn't materialize yet. I do try to fight my procrastination but everytime I think I'm ready to draw or do anything related to the comic, I end up putting it off. I can't apologize for that...I done enough apologizing. I won't cancel this comic, I can do that promise. Why? This is my dream project I wanted to do. I will get the comic done soon...it'll just involve me fighting tooth and nail against my procrastination to get to that point to start drawing that AND my other comics AND my web-show. Again, I don't apologize for my procrastination...I will only apologize for this long wait. When will the comic come out? Between now and the end of this year, hopefully.

Now, onto something a bit more....happy. I want to talk about where this comic came from (I sorta did on the first posting for this comic but there's a part 2 to it): See, YEARS ago, I was going to do a comic called 'Darkness Before Salvation'. The basic premise was that there was a Vampire Hunter named Koda: The Lone Wanderer. He went from place to place killing demons, vampires, and such. Nobody knows where he lives and nobody ever heard him mention of a past life, so no one knows if he has a family or for that matter any surviving members, which in truth he actually had a family but they were killed in a vampire attack which left him bitten by one but not fully transformed...think Blade. The whole series would tell the tale of Koda as he traveled the Earth in search of vampires and demons and offing them. It would begin with the 5-parter 'Darkness Before Salvation' (Which I sometimes called Darkness Comes Before Salvation), which would lead into next series, to which I forgot the name of, which would lead into the finale, which I also forgot the name to. It was slated for a 2010 release...so why didn't it come out? Simple: I cancelled it for two reasons. One was because, at the time, my drawing wasn't the greatest. The second...well I started having second thoughts about the series for one reason or another. So a couple years go by and 2014 rolled around and the King and Bailey arc of Housepets began. It was right around the time King went to Heaven and Bailey was fighting Tarot when I started thinking: What if Cerberus had a helper of sorts? A Grim Reaper? So, during my vacation, I started writing down a world and sketching a character out for the comic called GrimmSouls, but it WASN'T the version I have now! GrimmSouls V1 was still about Merick but it took place in one town, his home town, he lived incognito with a family as both a guest and their protector and, at the same time, did his job as a Grim Reaper. During the character creation phase, I started jolting down other reapers and characters when I realized, "I think it would make more sense to have Merick up in Heaven and working with a team of Reapers instead of by himself and the other Reapers are Mentors of sorts". So I scrapped V1 and went with V2 or the current version I'm working on. The only difference from V1 and V2 is that I dropped a entire town and a bunch of characters from the comic (Though I'm keeping the Cerberus Idea...for future story) I did use a few elements from Darkness and put them into this comic, namely the outfits of the Reapers (Although Blackie's (The Reaper who uses a guitar) outfit is based on the lead singer from the band Powerwolf), the unique weaponry and soul aspect (Quick Trivia: Even in V1, I already had planned out who is the owner of the WickerSoul and that is one secret I'm going to keep hidden until a certain arc in the GrimmSouls comic). Will I ever do the 'Darkness Before Salvation' comic? :lol: Nah, that comic is dead in the water. The only surviving pics of it are two sketches I made of Koda, with one being on my FA - http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2923185/ - and the other somewhere in my room. So yeah, there's some trivia for you guys!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well like I said, I can wait as long as you need me to wait because I do want to see what you have.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well like I said, I can wait as long as you need me to wait because I do want to see what you have.
Thanks. I really hate making people wait this long (heck I just now got back into roleplaying on Second Life (which is also being adapted into a webcomic)) but I NEED to fight my procrastination.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

It's fine, I know how it goes with procrastination. I am doing the same myself. Take your time, I am sure it will be good when it happens.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Autumn_Red_Panda wrote:It's fine, I know how it goes with procrastination. I am doing the same myself. Take your time, I am sure it will be good when it happens.
:) Thanks man. Gonna try to see if I can make myself fight past it and start drawing next week when I have some free time (Mowing the lawn today, DJing tomorrow, taking my brother to the mall on Saturday to see a movie and shop for a bit then Sunday is catch-up day on whatever I was doing this week).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That sounds like you have a lot of things to do. Just take your time and don't force yourself to do it under pressure and you will be fine.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just wanted to say, once again, thanks for understanding why this comic is taking forever to come out. Procrastination is not fun and it's something I've been fighting for a while now. I feel once I get the comic out, I can finally get other projects done AND maybe...just maybe..do the other things I want to do as well. Again, I can't say this enough: Thank you for understanding.

Now, cause I felt like, I should announce this as well: If you remember, I posted a pic of the list of comics I am working on currently, but on said list I had a black bar over a few of them. While I'm keeping the one secret, I just feel like talking about this one (Mainly because I feel this one might either be put on the chopping block or be put on the back-burner). That comic is called: Nightmarematronic. What is it? Eh, it's just my own interpretation of the whole Five Nights At Freddy's game series. I don't have a TON of info on it as of yet, but I will drop these question: What if the Bite of '87 never happened? What if there was a new found love for Freddy Fazbear and friends thanks to a series of successful TV shows and Movies? What if...Freddy had a Theme Park (Think Disney Land but with all Animatronics)?---BUT...giving how long it's taking me to get GrimmSouls out, this one might end up getting put on the back-burner until I at LEAST finish four arcs of the comic (Once again, GrimmSouls is only 10-arcs long).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds good! We can't wait to see what else you have on it!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sounds good! We can't wait to see what else you have on it!
Thanks, but I think this is one of those ideas that sounds better as a video game (In my mind: A First Person Shooter with Horror Aspects) then a comic. But, I dunno, I might be able to do something whenever I get around to it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As I said, we can wait for you!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Not an update to my comic but I need to post this: At 4:30 AM This morning (August 20th, 2015), I lost my grandfather to cancer (193?-2015). Rest In Peace :( We did everything we could to take care of him, but I guess it was his time to go. Again, sorry that this wasn't a comic update, just needed to post this.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose a grandfather.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Just some minor updates: As you know, I lost my grandfather to cancer (Thank you all for the nice messages, it meant a lot to us) on August 20th at 4:30 A.M so the past few days were a bit rough on us, with the funeral (as of this posting) being yesterday (I didn't go but I honored him in my own way *salutes*). Also, I've been trying to fight my procrastination and, so far, I got half of it fought off (The cleaning part). As for the comics, I'm gonna TRY to get both the first arc of GrimmSouls (I already have everything planned out for this comic: From it's beginnings to it's final story line), Z-Fur (Got the first two arcs all planned out) and at LEAST the first few pages of FurWar out before Star Wars: Battlefront is released. No promises, but I will try to get it out 'fore years end. As for the other comics, they'll come out when they come out, pretty much *shrugs* That may mean I have to cancel some comics to make sure I stay on track, but I hope it doesn't come to it. So, yes, the comics are NOT dead and WILL NOT be ever, just constantly delayed (I'd be REALLY mad if this was a paid-comic but it isn't). So, again, be patient as I work on these and getting my procrastination fought off (Like I said, the cleaning part was easy, it's the drawing part that's the hardest).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I understand. I know exactly how you feel with procrastination as I have been there. I procrastinate even when I get bored out of my mind.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Well it's been a few weeks and I'm starting to get my life and priorities back in order (also got over one nasty cold...ugh) and with the only distraction this week is getting my car inspected, I'm going to try to get started on both covers for GrimmSouls and Z-Fur (Z-Fur will mainly be the teaser). I also had to push EVERY comic up a month from their original release because of how long it's taking me. I...well did have to cancel a few comics (Which were a Cpt. Bucky O'Hare comic called 'Return Of Bucky O'Hare', a Mighty Ducks comic, and my rendition of Zootopia. 'Nightmarematronic' is close to being cancelled but I may try to reboot that into a different comic) to clear up both time and so I can focus on the main ones I want to do (GrimmSouls, Z-Fur, Road Rovers, S.W.A.T Kats, MooMesa, Star Wars, FurWar and Kung Fu Panda SPOILER: My Kung Fu Panda comics will be a more darker series). I'm still gonna get these comics out! Though don't expect any comics in December, with the one reason being Christmas but the other being me doing a marathon before Star Wars: The Force Awakens is released :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well I can't wait to see how the cover turns out!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well I can't wait to see how the cover turns out!
Well I did hit my first problem: I have NO idea as to what the cover should look like for GrimmSouls (I know what I'll do for Z-Fur). I'm leaning towards having a reaper relaxing on a roof of a building reading. What do you think?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that it is a very nice idea.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that it is a very nice idea.
Thanks. Expect to see both the cover of the first arc of Grimmsouls and the teaser poster for Z-Fur (Which I will confirm a few things with it: It will be very violent and gory, except less comedy with this one and more dark tones, and some of the nastiest zombies out there---think The Walking Dead combined with George A Romero's zombies with a hint of the Left 4 Dead and World War Z film zombies mixed in. One scene in particular I have worked out for it...well you might need a barf bag ;) ). I'll try to get both done by the end of the month.