The Band of Heroes

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Mickey

The Band of Heroes

Post by Mickey »

Mickey stood guard in front of the gates, her green bandanna pulled up over her face and her spear balanced in her paw. Her brown eyes searched and narrowed every few seconds as her ears twitched to every little sound she heard. Something made both her senses turn and she immediately readied her weapon. A shadow poked it's head up from the bushes, it's white eyes big, round, and innocent. Mickey seemed to lower her spear a bit and she pulled her handkerchief down.

"Maybe it's a lil' shadow..."

The shadow pulled a jagged smile as it rose even more from the bushes, revealing itself to be an enormous shadow creature. It sported many grotesque arms and several other mouths. Mickey's eyes narrowed and she pulled her Mark of Mickey back up.

"Yer done for."

Mickey launched off the gate, spinning her spear. She sent a slash across the monster, causing it to screech out in pain. She rolled when she landed, her spear still a blur of red. She did not hesitate in giving the beast even more gashes and slashes across the dark canvas that was it's black, oozing, slimy body.

She was careful to not let any touch her, lest she want to fight a shadow of herself along with this mind monstrosity. She shoved her spear high into the side of the gate and grabbed it. She swung back and forth until she was practically a flash of brown and black flying through the air. The spear pulled out of the wall and Mickey flew toward the creature with the weapon in hand.

"Get outta her mind."

Mickey let out a battle cry and swung the spear. The monster shrieked and collapsed to the ground. It began to wither and shrink. Mickey turned and walked back to the gate, the creature exploding behind her. Her red, tattered, cape flew about haphazardly from the blast. Mickey smirked and turned on her heels, once again guarding the gate.

"All in a day's work."

"Is that so, you pretty little kitty?"

Mickey's relaxed state broke like glass that's had a twenty pound sledgehammer run through it. She looked before her to see another version of her. She was pitch black in everything, from the white part of her eyes to the very clothes she wore. Her eyes were mintish green and that jagged, cocky, smile of hers was bright white. Mickey spun her weapon over her head before planting the handle on the ground. The shadow seemed unphased.

"Why now, old girl, I'm not here to cause a fight."

"That's the biggest pile of horse manure Ah've ever heard. Y'all can just step up and outta here and Ah may not hurt ya. Head on out, Icky."

Icky chuckled, removing her monocle and wiped it on the sleeve of her blackened blazer.

"Hm, we have fought before, so I suppose that's a fault on my part. Well, you know the rules, my filthy country counterpart. I'm going to cause havoc and chaos, while you sit back and wa-"

Mickey sped over and punched Icky across the muzzle. Mickey wasted no time kicking her to the ground and getting on top of her. With one paw around her neck, Mickey slammed her fist into Icky's face repeatedly. Mickey clamped her paw shut around Icky's neck as she raised her hand. Her spear formed and she was about to strike it straight through Icky's head when she used the opening and punched Mickey with a left cross.

The kitten stumbled backwards and Icky got up. She delivered several more punches to Mickey's face and gut before Mickey caught her fists and flipped Icky over her head, creating a crater in the castles ground. Mickey lifted her head and sent her knee into her chin. Icky flew back a few yards, tumbling like a rock that's been thrown across the water. She skid on her face before completely stopping. Mickey turned and began walking back to her post.

"Hello, old girl!"

Mickey whipped around and her spear shot up, protecting her from the downwards slash Icky was trying to perform with her black scythe. Mickey kicked her in the stomach and she stumbled back a bit. She saw her chance and ran toward Icky, swinging her spear. Icky blocked it and the two began to battle once more. The sound of metal on metal rang throughout the castle grounds. Shockwaves sent anything in its wake flying backwards.

Mickey and Icky never break eye contact, the two cats glowering at each other. They swing, shout, and swipe at each other, but neither party lands a hit. Icky fights like a madman, with hazardous movements and formless attacks. Mickey fights like she's dancing at a country hoedown, stepping back and hopping from paw to paw, swinging her spear out and in of the battle. Icky's scythe cut at the air, finally striking Mickey in the side. Mickey yelled out to the Heavens and began trying to pull it out, but Icky pushed it in further.

"Finally...."

Black began to leak from the blade and began taking over Mickey's fur.

"You are going to die while I get to break the peace! You will be forgotten! I am-"

Icky was quieted by a extremely light blue arrow piercing her side. She screeched and dropped the handle on the scythe. Mickey fell to her side, for the scythe was still cutting through her side. Icky's head whipped around to see James loading another arrow into his bow. Icky yelled at him and began running toward him. The ani-droid narrowed his eyes and fired.

Icky fell to the ground, an arrow placed straight through her head. It was perfectly placed in between her eyes. She toppled over and began to shrink and writhe. James quickly jumped over her and slid over to Mickey. Ignoring the explosion, James pulled out the scythe and carefully picked up Mickey. He opened the gates and walked back inside.
------------------------------
Mario hopped about his shelves, the degu looking for something to ease the cats pain. He plucked what he needed from the shelves and quickly hopped back to the table where Mickey lay. Her fur was back to its correct shades and hues. Mario sighed and got in her face. Anyone watching would have found it funny that a cat was looking guilty toward a "mouse". He spoke a bit in Swahili before looking at her.

"You know better than to try fighting your shadow clone alone! She could have killed you!"

"Ah know. A-Ah sorry."

The Indian degu patted her nose.

"It's alright, young one."

James returned with Flukely and Delilah. The French brittany immediately grabbed her by the face and pulled it close to his.

"Mickey! Why would you do zat? You have us scared half to death!"

"Flukely, calm down. Ah wasn't out for that long, was Ah?"

Delilah stepped up, sighing. The Indian dhole placed her paw on her shoulder.

"You were out for nearly three days."

"What?!"

Mickey's head snapped about, looking for confirmation. Everyone that her eyes landed on nodded. She groaned and placed her head in paws, bringing her knees to her chin.

"If stupid could fly, Ah'd be an F-18 fighter jet!"

Everyone chuckled a bit at the countryism before hugging the kitten.

"We make mistakes, Mickey. I've blown up ze lab quite a few times."

"Listen, Micks. This is big brother James talking. Call us, if a shadow clone appears, ok?"

Mickey nodded and got up. She was about to grab her spear, when the sound of music began to play. Everyone looked out the window. The sky dimmed and the street lights came on, bathing the world in a soft yellow glow. Music notes of all colors began floating about.

"I guess Author's wearing headphones."

"You know it is that time of day."

They smiled and went out on the roof to catch some of notes. They were completely aware of what might happen tomorrow and they were scared. But being scared was what made then stronger.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Amazee Dayzee

Re: The Band of Heroes

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really like the start of this! I can't wait to read more!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

okay. so this is about all of your RP characters. It's weird cause that kind of thing would usually belong in fan projects, but since I'm pretty sure this is all your RP characters but in a different universe, it belongs here.

looks interesting so far.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

In all honesty, it's just what goes on inside my head in the form of a story. I wrote this when I was bored and figured it was good enough to be a story. This is where the whole idea even came from.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Haha, first my CCCF on my RP characters and now your Band of Heroes on your RP characters.
Mickey wrote:In all honesty, it's just what goes on inside my head in the form of a story. I wrote this when I was bored and figured it was good enough to be a story. This is where the whole idea even came from.
Same with me!
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wish I was good enough to put the stories that are in my head down down as a story.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Before I continue this, lemme get some terminology and information up in here.

This is the theme song of Band of Heroes: Immortals by Fallout Boy.

The Heroes
Mickey: The Peace Gate-Keeper. Wields a spear. Mickey is the youngest of the Heroes, despite being created first. She stands guard at Writers Gate, deciding who enters and who doesn't. She will not hesitate to attack if you show signs of disturbing the peace she's created. Mickey is to break up all fights and arguments, keeping it peaceful between everyone. She fights like she's dancing at a hoedown, jumping from paw to paw like she's following the steps. Mark of Mickey: Handkerchief

Delilah: The Teaching Warrior. Wields brass knuckles. Is the teacher of Author's Castle. Is willing to share her knowledge in the form of a story. As a warrior, Delilah also gives fighting lessons. You can't fool Delilah, she can see fake ignorance. Delilah fights like she's telling a smoke story, swinging her paws about and using pinpoint attacks.

Mario: The Tether Healer. Wields healing items in a little bag. A doctor in Author's Tower. Fixes broken hearts and broken bones. Will call upon Delilah to fight because he's tiny and can't do anything. Though he can fix bonds, breaking them isn't out of the question. Doesn't have a fighting style, but much like Delilah, uses pinpoint attacks and throws when uses his potions.

Flukely: The Imagination Mage. Wields an electric lance. The oldest of them all. Guards Author's Library. A huge science nerd, always inventing. He can't really stand not being able to think and will sometimes come off as rude when he can't. Do to his large imagination, his spells are rarely the same. Who knows how he's gonna strike? He fights, not only like he's fencing, but like he's inventing. He'll zip and jump around, striking you where he sees fit. Mark of Mickey: Lab Coat

James: The Flowing Archer. Wields a bow and arrow. He likes help people just roll with it when they're in a rut. He loves to cook as well, but that's not important. Can solve any problem when it involves a decision. Guards Author's Lands. Fights like he's cooking, sliding around and spinning. He'll fire his arrows like he's seasoning a piece of food.

The Shadows
Icky: Mickey's shadow clone. Wields a scythe. Is posh and has a British accent to counter Mickey's country one. Can't stand it being to peaceful and will do anything to destroy it. Mark of Malice: Top Hat

Delusion: Delilah's shadow clone. Wields pistols. Likes tell lies about things, so as to give false information and create ignorance. Works along with Monstrous because ignorance in a relationship never works out, especially when there's a lot of it.

Monstrous: Mario's shadow clone. Wields bombs. Break up, no make up. Will try and ruin as many relationships as possible, no matter what kind they are. He works with Delilah to do his job.

Faker: Flukely's shadow clone. Wields a wooden club. A complete simpleton and has a no accent, but Flukely finds his misuse of words irritating. Needs help with everything but fighting. Mark of Malice: Tattered Gloves

Jerk: James' shadow clone. Wields a sword. Needs to cause more problems. He will muck up anything by giving more and more options until no one can decide.

A Shadow is like a bad thought or idea. The bigger it is, the worse it is. A shadow clone is like the bad opposite of someone, like all negative emotion in one body. Everyone has a shadow clone, but one needs to come in touching-contact with a shadow thought to summon a shadow clone.

A Hero is like a mind savior. They fight bad thoughts and keep everything under control. Heroes can be created by anyone from anything and there can be as many as needed. Some people don't have Heroes, but sometimes they appear without needing to be created. Heroes are usually already created characters that have been altered a bit to fit inside your mind and help you. They are basically good thoughts.

The place the Heroes are guarding is Author's Mind. Mickey Micks Mouse is the boss, being a big part of Author's mind.

Notes are just little music notes you can catch in jars like fireflies. They glow rainbow colors and just one alone can play the full song. Different songs have different patterns and colors. They aren't really important, but they're fun to have.

Theme Songs:
Mickey:
Delilah: Lesson Number One
Mario: You Ain't Never Had A Friend Like Me
Flukely: Nothing Can Stop Me Now
James: Die Young
Icky:
Delusion:
Monstrous:
Faker:
Jerk:
Last edited by Mickey on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Enjoying where this is leading! Nicely done!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

I saw my characters inside this scene from the Lion King.
--------------
In the Darklands, shadows slummed about. They fought and bickered, pushing and shoving each other. Delusion was practicing her fighting, firing countless bullets into a target. Jerk was watching, drawing lines in the dirt with his claws. Monstrous was walking inside the house, clearly upset.

"Faker, Faker, Faker. Technically, he isn't even the oldest. He's just Flukely's opposite, so that makes them both oldest, but they weren't created first. Oh, hi, Delusion! Where's the lil' numskull Faker?"

Monstrous turned to Delusion, annoyed she wasn't listening. He jumped off Jerk's head and off her guns, causing a misfire that hit her foot. She yelped and fell backwards, Monstrous laughing hard in the background. Delusion looked and trapped her brother under her paw.

"Monstrous! Where's Faker? Did you let him 'explore' on the surface again?"

Monstrous pushed her paw off himself. He sat on his haunches and scratched at his neck.

"It's every shadow for themselves out here! He's gotta learn to oppress being suppressed all on his own."

Jerk, wiping the dirt onto his purple shirt, glared down at the shadow degu.

"Icky's gonna be mad, angry, in a rage! She's told you watch, supervise, and protect him!"

Monstrous took to training himself, his back to his siblings as he tossed potions at the target.

"Who cares? I should have been second-in-command!"

Monstrous began throwing potions faster and with more anger.

"I'm the middle child! I'm the smartest of us all! I'm the most evil! YA-OW!"

Monstrous had thrown a potion but it backfired, causing him to roll around trying to put the fire out. Delusion and Jerk laughed hard at the failing little degu, who had gone to scratching the fire out. He, still burning in a few places, turned his older and younger siblings.

"I could take charge, if she'd just give me a chance!"

Jerk scoffed and nodded toward the door.

"Why don't you tell, inform, and repeat that to her?"

"Don't think I won't!"

"Here's your chance."

"What?"

Delusion picked him up and turned him toward the door, showing Icky walking toward the house, dragging Faker behind her.

"Icky. Icky! Hi!"

Monstrous chuckled nervously and jumped around, eventually landing on Icky's shoulder.

"Icky, I developed a new potion that could destroy..."

Icky ignored the shadow degu. Monstrous sighed and hopped back Delusions shoulder. She pulled him from her shoulder and took to awkwardly hugging him. Though they were shadows, the two were the closest throughout their group. Icky deposited Faker into the care of Jerk, who immediately pulled his sword.

"Hey, Faker. Wanna fight?"

They both smiled as they began circling one another.

"You were supposed to be watching him," Icky screamed as she whipped around to growl at the now cowering Monstrous.

Faker was quick to bound over, Jerk staggering away from the enraged Icky. Faker out his paw on her shoulder.

"I-It's not Monstrous's fault. I went away on my own way."

Icky snapped around, causing Faker to fall to the ground. She advanced with every word she spoke, Faker shuffling along the ground away from her.

"What were you doing?"

"N-Nuttin'! I swears it!"

"Who banished us here?"

"Heroes!"

"Who kills us every time we go to the surface?"

"Heroes!"

"What have I told you about THEM?"

Faker shielded himself just in case Icky decided to swing at him. He gulped and shook violently, but he meet Icky's eyes.

"I'm s-sorry, Icky. But w-when I was spoke with Delilah, she didn't seem so bad. I was thoughting that she a little bit-"

"Cute? You think that you'll get to be the boyfriend of Delilah and The Heroes would welcome you into the castle without a hitch? What an idea!"

Icky's eyes bugged beneath her face-paw. A jagged smile curled across her muzzle as she snatched up Faker.

"What an idea! You brilliant brittany!"

She nuzzled him, something she rarely does.

"I'm so proud of you!"

She sat him down and lightly groomed through his fur with her claws, Faker smiling a bit despite still being scared out of his mind.

"You have the same conniving mind that made me such a...shadow."

Monstrous gagged under his breath, causing Icky to turn around and hiss at him. He chuckled nervously and hid inside her headfur. Icky grabbed Faker's paw and lead him into the house. Monstrous gagged again and turned his back to them.

"Second-in-command."
Last edited by Mickey on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

WAH-OH...thats not good
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No that really isn't. I can't wait for the next part though.