funny video

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Buster
Game Master

funny video

Post by Buster »

have you guys seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcRwGDKulw
[language warning]
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Saturn381

Re: funny video

Post by Saturn381 »

That was pretty funny. :lol:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

does point out a rather large plot hole in those movies...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Gotta love Dorkly. I recall seeing the scene and thinking, "how did a torpedo pull a turn like that?!"
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really didn't do much for me but I can understand why people would be thinking that it is funny because it does explain everything wrong with the movies.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Another thing that crossed my mind while watching The Clone Wars with my brother a while back; why don't the Jedi make more use of their abilities? I get that they try to be pacifistic with the Force, but against a massive droid army, in which it's pretty easy to be killed, is it so hard to harness a well-timed Force Push? Or could it be that it's too dangerous to focus on the Force during battle?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

being open to the force while focused on aggressive, or negative thoughts is risky in general. and KOTOR gives a precedent of Jedi soldiers using their power extensively during the mandalorian war, only to turn sith after it was over. they most likely didn't think more extensive use of their powers was worth the risk.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Okay, an answer was all I needed to put my mind at rest. Thanks!

Though I have got to try KOTOR when I can, I hear it's great, but it won't run on our 360 without an external hard drive, from what the error code said. I had hoped all I needed was a patch.