Keikenan

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

GreatKitsune

Keikenan

Post by GreatKitsune »

Are there any talented artists, translators, and writers out ther who would like to work together on a manga called "Keikenan"? I have wanted to do this for about a year now, but have been hindered by my lack of artistic ablity, so I decided tobring it up here. The story is set in a futuristic city-state (Keikenan, hence the title) where half of the 25,000 or so population are involved in the city's military. A small portion of these soldiers, the Elite Units, are granted genetic enhancements resulting in such abilities as regeneration, nearly limitless stamina, and perfect hand-eye coordination, as well as at least one ability unique to the subject's genetic code. As the premise suggests, this will be a substream shonen with a few darker elements. If anyone would like to help with this or just give their support, please let me know.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Buster
Game Master

Re: Keikenan

Post by Buster »

tempting. do you have any character concepts done up?
I want to know if my art style would fit them.

Also what kind of update schedule would you be looking at?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Huh, this sounds interesting. I could help with story-writing, but I'm rather busy with other things, so I wouldn't want to say anything that I may not be able to live up to. Just out of curiosity, why do you need a translator?
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Do you have any concept art?

And I would be very good as a Spanish translator.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

I've been focused only on writing so far, but I planned on using a lot of dark contast and graytones, with a slight color-washed feel.

I need translators because no English-only manga is very well-received, and I can speak Japanese and write some hirigana, but I'm helpless when it comes to kanji. (I'm not a weeabo, I swear! I was learning Japanese long before I started watching anime.)

I was thinking querterly updates with 20-30 page chapters.
Hello, low order beings!

Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

GreatKitsune wrote:I planned on using a lot of dark contast and graytones, with a slight color-washed feel.
That literally tells me nothing.

a color pallete can be applied to ANY art style, I need details.
Concept drawings, written descriptions, script chunks, ANYTHING.
Are the characters' proportions realistic or exaggerated. Are the designs soft, hard, blocky, Sureal, etc.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Buster wrote:
GreatKitsune wrote:I planned on using a lot of dark contast and graytones, with a slight color-washed feel.
That literally tells me nothing.

a color pallete can be applied to ANY art style, I need details.
Concept drawings, written descriptions, script chunks, ANYTHING.
Are the characters' proportions realistic or exaggerated. Are the designs soft, hard, blocky, Sureal, etc.
I'd say realistic would better fit the tone of the story. As for sketches, I can't really upload anything at the moment, but I can give you some written descriptions through PMs if that works. With objects, since this is mostly futuristic, it would be best to use soft designs with a lot of subtle curves and LED-like inner shapes. Let me know if this isn't specific enough.
Hello, low order beings!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

?

i never mentioned objects i'm talking about characters.
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Objects as in clothing and such. I'll PM some in-depth descriptions later.
Hello, low order beings!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

By soft hard or blocky I was referring to the aesthetic of characters themselves. their features, not equipment or attire.

Also, I may have made some assumptions about the cast's species, given the predominant art styles of the people you were asking...

I can't draw human characters well. Or at all most of the time.
It's the faces and hands. My characters often look like they have claws & muzzles whether they're supposed to or not, so I tend to avoid designs that shouldn't have that.

so i'm probably going to have to back out...
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Ok. I was considering turning to some college friends for this anyways.
Hello, low order beings!