My Original Fiction Attempt (intro)

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

zeekgenateer

My Original Fiction Attempt (intro)

Post by zeekgenateer »

I've been attempting to write before I started to hang out on the forums and IRC. I love books and compelling stories, and I always enjoy daydreaming about other worlds/realities. The problem I have is changing horses midstream and trying a different story idea without hardly starting the first. This is my first attempt at creative writing in a long while. There are still some glaring problems in this introduction, but I feel the writing is good enough that I could use some opinions on what could be improved besides the story.

I'll probably be continuing the story, though not through that link, and definitely not regularly. I'm not sure exactly where the story is going, but if it conflicts with the site's rules I won't link to the parts/whole that do.

Link is here and I hope you enjoy what little I have up. It's a bit depressing, but its what I want.

EDIT: Link now goes to a free blog I've set up. Google docs is nice, but it's associated with my personal email (the one I don't give out) so I grabbed a free blog off blogger. Yes they're crappy, but its easy to use and I'm not going to go to the trouble on something I've just started and may not finish. I'll post here when I completely finish chapter 1.
Last edited by zeekgenateer on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Sketcherofstuff

Re: My Original Fiction Attempt (intro)

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

That's just amazing. I know that saying "that's good" doesn't help in the constructive criticizem department, but it's all I can think to say. I do quite a bit of writing my self and that is just as good if not better than anything I've written
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Thanks a lot for that. I was really nervous about coming up with my own fiction because I've read so many books and stories, many good, many bad. Next step is to work myself up to finish the first chapter, and you've really helped out with that. I really do want people to help me pick apart my story, but your compliments really just made my day.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

Great! Keep writing :D
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz