Housepets! Trivia: Answer Key!

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

GingaDensetsuAleu

Housepets! Trivia: Answer Key!

Post by GingaDensetsuAleu »

:!: !!!STOP!!! :!:
This is the answer key to my trivia thread!

Head over there first to take the quiz, then come back here to see how you did!

Answer key begins here:

1. At the grand opening of Theme Park Land, who won the Go-Kart Race?
The correct answer is C) The mysterious Racer B; however, also acceptable is B) Mr. Bigglesworth, as Racer B is obviously a Bigglesworth with a fancy helmet.

2. At the beginning of the comic, Peanut was under the impression that Grape was...
A) a boy

Peanut did not realize that Grape was female until she mentioned it at the end of the Cat Tail arc, two months after the comic's premier.

3. During King's first Christmas Party in Babylon Gardens, Bino surprises him with an explosive box of catnip. Bino had originally planned to use this prank on...
D) Peanut

Bino had an issue with Peanut after the Cat Tail incident and wanted to humiliate him, but couldn't figure out how to rig the package to explode. I guess he figured it out!

4. According to Max, what day is garbage pickup in Babylon Gardens?
A) Tuesday

Max takes Grape on a date to the cat restaurant, Heathcliffe's, which serves leftovers from the neighborhood trash. He explains that it is crowded on Mondays as garbage pickup is in the morning.

5. How did Truck earn his name?

C) He arrived on the hood of a truck

Truck and Falstaff are trying to steal Bill's truck full of supplies for a crawfish boil. Falstaff was under the impression that Truck could drive because he arrived by truck, but Truck explains that he rode on the hood, or more specifically, on its grill.

6. Itsumi was disqualified from the eating competition because he threw up after trying what food item?

D) Hot Dogs

Itsumi was confident that he could win the eating competition due to the power of being a starving university student, but his Japanese palette wasn't strong enough for hot dogs.

7. Who is Concord?

A) Grape disguised as a boy

Sabrina thought that Jata might let her out of their marriage if he thought she had a boyfriend, so Grape volunteered to pretend to be a boy to get closer to the eye candy that was Jata's abs.

8. What is the name of Spo's next-oldest sibling?

C) SPP

During Spo's introductory arc, Fido asks Spo how big his family is. Spo responds by saying his next brother's name is SPP.

9. Where did Lois's family dog, Devo, sit at King's wedding?

B) Front Row Center on the Bride's side

While Devo's name is never mentioned on-panel, it appears in the archive tags, allowing you to see all three of Devo's appearances: being a terrible date for Sasha, chasing Marion up Lois's family Christmas tree, and attending King and Bailey's wedding.

10. King fell in love with Bailey the first time he ever saw her. However, it was not the first time the audience ever saw her. When did we see Bailey before her official introduction?

C) When Fox visited the farm for Christmas

As a conclusion to the comic's first Christmas arc, we were treated to a triple comic with a panel each of several characters' Christmas activities, including Daisy giving trash to the raccoons, the introduction of Zach, and Bailey greeting Fox.

11. Bino shares a home with what other character?

D) Maxwell

Although we rarely see the two interact, Max and Bino live in the same house.

12. What is the first name of Fox and Bailey's Owner?

A) Bill

Officer Bill Lundberg was the arresting officer for Joel Robinson, making it that much more ironic when, as King, he marries Bill's dog.

13. According to Rufus, what is the best way to earn a woman's love?

D) Give her a dead chicken

Peanut asks Rufus for dating advice. Rufus, not realizing Peanut is crushing on Grape, tells him to hand her a dead chicken.

14. During the squirt gun war, who was Zach's fellow double agent?

C) Grape

At first Zach thinks the dogs' agent among the cats was Joey in his cat suit, given it seemed obvious, but then Grape tells him that she's the double agent because they were short on plot twists.

15. How was Zach's character introduced?

A) He was a Christmas present

Zach was originally introduced as a gag on the comic's first Christmas page

16. Bino and the neighborhood dogs were very upset when Grape said she was ________. They even cut down a tree to try and get to her!

C) Not playing The Game

In the comic's first real arc, Grape tells the neighborhood dogs that she is not playing The Game. This angers the dogs, who declare her a cheater and chase her up a tree, which they then cut down with a chainsaw.

17. What was Tarot doing the first time we saw her use her psychic powers?

A) Looking for the remote

Peanut peeks in on Tarot to find her levitating things around the living room and asking the spirits to help her find the remote.

18. When Tarot was first introduced, she wore a green collar with a tag shaped like the All-Seeing Eye; however, she now wears a red collar with a tag shaped like a Tarot card. When did this change occur?

C) After the end of the Celestial Game

After King convinced the avatars to force a draw, Tarot continues wearing her old collar until they arrive home. The next time we see Tarot (outside of Imaginate arcs), she has changed to a new collar.

19. Who tried to warn King that he was in danger after Pete's trial in heaven?

C) Dragon

This one is a tricky case of when details matter. At first glance it appears as though Tarot knocks on the door to warn King of danger, but closer inspection will show that Tarot's eyes are green, indicating that she is being directly controlled or possessed by Dragon.

20. Who did Max play during the Imaginate: Jurassic Park arc?

A) Doctor Malcom

Maxwell perfectly depicted Jeff Goldblum's Doctor Ian Malcom, even managing to nail the famous shirtless scene.

21. During the epilogue of the last arc before the comic went on hiatus, a newscaster interviews a man that the channel mistakenly labels as "The President of the United States." Where have we seen this character before?

C) Sitting next to Marion in class on his first day back

This beanied teenager chats with Marion about making his move on Lois. According to the archive tags, his name is Bronson.

22. The first time we meet Craig, he requests this for dinner, and is upset when he's told dinner will be beetle stew.

B) Poptarts

At the epilogue of the 7-part Temple Crashers arc, we get a very cute introduction to Dragon and Pete's new mortal personalities, Draig and Craig, as well as their mother, Kix, when she comes to collect them for supper, denying Craig's request for poptarts in favor of beetle stew. AGONY!

23. What does Peanut do immediately prior to the Hot Springs arc?

D) Get into the "special" treats

At the beginning of this arc, Peanut very calmly informs Grape that something interesting is happening outside. When questioned about why he's not panicking, he explains that he got bored and found out why he's only allowed one treat at a time from the cabinet supply.

24. In order to bolster attendance to the Good Ol' Dogs Club after both Fox and Fido leave, Bino threateningly puts on the marquee that he knows a bear. What is the bear's name?

C) Bruno

Bino met Bruno while attempting to become an honorary wolf and somehow managed to befriend the sleepy bearess.

25. What event was predicted by Tarot 3 years before it actually happened?

A) Sabrina almost drowning

While practicing future reading with Sabrina at Theme Park Land, Tarot predicts that Sabrina will never be wetter than she will be in three years when she almost drowns. Three years later, just before falling into the Miltons' pool at her wedding, Sabrina comments that she was sure it would be a lake.

Bonus:
The bonus is worth no points, but can negate one incorrect answer if you get it right.

In the short story, "All the King's Men," included in Housepets! Book 2, Fox and Sasha teach King how to do what?

B) Sniff butts

After King accidentally admits during a party that he's never sniffed anybody's butt, Fox is upset and tells King that's like a dog's version of being illiterate. They bump into Sasha, and they talk King into sniffing Sasha's rear, where he admits he's learned more than he wanted to about her from it. Sasha then returns the favor and informs King that he needs more B vitamins in his diet, embarrassing him further.
Quotidie apud comicos novas fascias deprimo, quotidieque tristis sum.
CunningFox

Re: Housepets! Trivia: Answer Key!

Post by CunningFox »

I got 23 out of 25. I'm pretty happy with that.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Didn't do as bad as I thought I would did but I got 5 out of 25 wrong. That gives me an 80 though negating one of my incorrect answers means instead I got an 84.

Also, why is the answer key posted over in the Games forum and not in the Comic forum? Seems kind of confusing as I feel they both should have been in the same forum.
GingaDensetsuAleu

Post by GingaDensetsuAleu »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:43 pm Also, why is the answer key posted over in the Games forum and not in the Comic forum? Seems kind of confusing as I feel they both should have been in the same forum.
The trivia was originally posted here in the games forum and got moved to the comic forum to draw more attention to it. I didn't want to gunk up the more popular forum page with an extra thread for the same thing, so I just posted it where I originally posted the quiz and put a link between them in both threads.
Quotidie apud comicos novas fascias deprimo, quotidieque tristis sum.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that now makes a bit of sense to me but I just had to ask. Thanks for clarifying the reason.