Explain a TV show/Video Game/Movie/etc badly

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Legotron123

Explain a TV show/Video Game/Movie/etc badly

Post by Legotron123 »

This is a game I’ve seen on plenty of other forums, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it here. Title says it all.
I’ll start off with a relatively simple one.

The laws of Time and Space get repeatedly beaten up by a group of spandex wearing superheroes.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Re: Explain a TV show/Video Game/Movie/etc badly

Post by Buster »

that one's obvious. Power Rangers/Super Sentai, both series have had numerous time travel plotlines/seasons and figuratively beat the laws of physics over the head with an aluminum bat with some of their more contrived elements.

Also, THAT IS NOT SPANDEX!

A spinoff of an exploration themed series that delves into themes of finding faith, Fate and prophecy, Whether the fringes of a supposedly Utopian society would really be as stable as it's core, and how far a people can be pushed before things begin to break and ideals are cast aside. All while somehow maintaining a surprisingly large amount of the optimistic view of the future held by it's predecessors. Also there's a James Bond themed spy episode that sets up things that never go anywhere.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.