Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Neowulf

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Neowulf »

Tales wrote:(OOC: This is a really depressing home... hopefully something other than poverty at every turn? It's starting to get to me... :( )
<Yeah, maybe Chaoko's got it all worked out but I'm not feeling the whole broke atmosphere>
Judging by the breaking walls it wouldn't be too hard to eavesdrop. I suggest backing up from the vase and remaining silent for a moment and seeing if we can hear anything from downstairs.
But like, don't tell Echo. Just be silent for a moment to see if we can hear anything.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

I'm also going to side with D-Rock
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Time to evesdrop! Makes sure your close enough to the stairs so that you can hear, but not so close that Echo gets suspicious.
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Neowulf wrote:
Tales wrote:(OOC: This is a really depressing home... hopefully something other than poverty at every turn? It's starting to get to me... :( )
<Yeah, maybe Chaoko's got it all worked out but I'm not feeling the whole broke atmosphere>
Judging by the breaking walls it wouldn't be too hard to eavesdrop. I suggest backing up from the vase and remaining silent for a moment and seeing if we can hear anything from downstairs.
But like, don't tell Echo. Just be silent for a moment to see if we can hear anything.
I do have it all worked out, but that doesn't necessarily mean what I have is what you make it. Even how you make a character view a situation or what attitude you give them can effect what this story is. I'm not making you go through this tutorial just to hit you with a wave of feels, I'm teaching you how to deal with and get ready for everything you MAY encounter in this game. Also so you can shape who these characters are and see what path you may be going down but shhhhhhhhhh.

There's an important thing to remember in this game: No matter how grim things may seem, or how hopeless a situation gets, there's always a way to get a good ending. If things aren't looking the way you want them to, make an effort to make it better! Whats happened has already happened, it's the choices you make now that can make things better. :)

...unless you just like seeing the world burn, in which case you'd probably want to make bad decisions. I wont stop you, it's your story :lol:

-----------------------------
D-Rock wrote:Alright, let's keep things as inconspicuous as possible. take a few steps back, but be as silent as possible to make out the words as best they can. Basically, in the middle of the hall. That way, if they hear their parents, they can go back to in front of their room, and if Charlie calls, they can hear him to head back.

You take a few steps back, but make sure you can still hear the voices. You take a moment to try and listen in on the conversation:

The voices you here are very low, as if trying to be quiet. There's 2 of them, which you quickly recognize to be your Mom and Dad. Considering their tone, they must not be fighting, then again you've never really heard them do that. From the sounds of it, it would seem Dad is trying to convince Mom of something. Mom seems a bit distressed, and the way she ends her sentences sounds a lot like questions.
The only thing you can clearly make out are your names: Charlie, Bravo, and Echo. That was the order they where said in, there was some time in between when you and Echo's names where said. Whatever they're talking about, it might be about the three of you.

There's also this constant "THUD"-ing coming from the direction of your room. Is that Charlie? The heck's he doing in there, building the entire Death Star???
Neowulf wrote:But like, don't tell Echo. Just be silent for a moment to see if we can hear anything.
You decided to keep this to yourself. Wouldn't want to make it seem like you're edging him to go investigate.
Tales wrote:I walk back over to echo and ask him if he thinks there's anything we can do for mom and pop's. :( Perhaps we could do some pet-work?

You quietly walk back over to Echo.

Bravo: Hey, Echo. You mentioned how Charlie's been trying to help out Mom'n Dad, and that got me thinking. Why don't WE help HIM help THEM!

Echo: W-what? Are you sure that's a good idea? Well, maybe it is-- but wait, what if we mess something up!-- Then again, I'm basing this on Charlie's performance... Well, what could we even do? I think the problem's money, so we'd have to get a job. What kind of jobs can pets get anyway?

1. Traveling Imaginate Theater
2. K-9 Unit
3. Security Dogs
4. Make a comic, but like, on the internet
5. Lemonade Stand
6. Taste Tester
7. Other (Any ideas?)
ImageImageImageImage
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Considering their future, and the fact that Bravo looks up to Ralph, I think he would say to be in the K-9 Unit.
-Monokuma

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I'd go with K9 unit. It'll get them an early start on their training, which could prove very useful down the road. While security sounds like a good start, it likely won't have the training needed for proper K9 things.

Also, about the money, I don't think it was ever revealed if pets working these jobs get paid. Maybe it goes to their owner? At least that would still help. Lemonade stand and Traveling Imaginate Theatre likely won't have much in regards of return-on-investment, if anything at all. Taste tester, while funny, I admit, there's little it can have in the long run, unless we head into a mission where a taste can be considered evidence and watch as bringing this up dooms us all later on...

As for comic, from what I've come to understand, that takes quite a while before it can be self-sustaining, and we don't know their story-telling capabilities, though that could improve over time.

So yeah, I'd go K9 unit.

...WHY AM I SO INVOLVED IN THIS?!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

K9 Unit, sounds exciting and pays well I assume?
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'd go for K-9 Unit.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Since it already seems set that they end up as K-9s, let's go with...

Bravo:
"Make a comic, but like, on the Internet!"

This is kind of meta.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Neowulf

Post by Neowulf »

Hrm.
Become... a KAMEN RIDER.

Or a K-9 unit. Whichever is easier.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Security Dog. Sure he wants to grow up to be a K9 officer, but you can't jump straight to that, start with something close.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

i'm going to be in on this after today's work. :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Tales

Post by Tales »

I also vote for k-9. This is bravo we're talking with. Bravo LOVES k-9 stuff. If he can be a k-9, be around his hero, AND help his family, why wouldn't he?
My FA account: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/tales19/

The best forum game in existence:
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Maybe offering gardening services in the neighbourhood is a more realistic idea...

But who wants realism?! So let's go with K-9! ^^
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Woops, sorry for taking so long with this one, got caught up in some Housepets! math and anthropology with Naro and wore myself out :lol:
-----------

Bravo: The K-9 unit, obviously! It must pay well for how strong ya gotta be, we can all do it! It'd be so cool!

Echo: The K-9 unit? No, I don't think I'd be any good at that. It's a cool thought, but we both know I couldn't handle a fight or anything like that, sniffing stuff out maybe but that's it. Being a police dog is just too much responsibility for me...

Bravo: Well, suit yourself, but I'm tellin' ya you're gonna be missing out! I'm totally joining up the second I get the chance! I'll get to work with Sergeant Ralph every day, it's gonna rock! Maybe Charlie will wanna join too!

Echo: Go for it! Though from what Sergeant Ralph said, you'll have to wait until you get a bit bigger to train at the Police Academy.
SuperStar wrote:Security Dog. Sure he wants to grow up to be a K9 officer, but you can't jump straight to that, start with something close.
Bravo: Well I could always work as a security dog for a little bit. I hear that big mansion's always in need of some guards, and the guards they've got there are WOLVES! Hangin' out with wolves might just be as cool as being a police dog-- well, ALMOST.

Echo: You sure you could keep up with wolves? I mean if they need wolves to guard that place, it must be really tough to work there...

Bravo: No problem! I can handle it!
Naro Rivers wrote:Since it already seems set that they end up as K-9s, let's go with...

Bravo:
"Make a comic, but like, on the Internet!"

This is kind of meta.

Bravo: You know, you COULD make one of those comics people post on the internet. A dog who was drawing some comics there told me all about em! The way s dog explained it to me; if the comic you make gets popular enough, other people will wanna pay to put advertisements for their comics on your comic, I think the system was something called "Project Wonderful"?

Echo: Really? I mean, I do doodle from time to time, but I didn't think you could get paid by just putting your drawings on the internet. Maybe I should practice drawing a bit more. Yeah, I think I could do that!

(Just then, you heard a voice call from behind the door of your room)

Charlie: AAAALRIGHT! Let's get this started!

It's play time! Do you want to switch characters?

1. Luke Skywalker (Echo)
2. Darth Vader (Stick with Bravo)

Also, D-Rock made this neat little banner for Case: Housepets! Feel free to use it if you want. Thank you D-Rock :D
ImageImageImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I vote for option 1.

Also, nice job on the banner D-Rock.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

My first banner! It'll only last as long as the game, but WOO!

Option two:
Darth Vader.

Tales

Post by Tales »

I WAS going to go with option #2, but D-rock made a good point. I think it's best if we switch up who we are following. Also, Bravo seem's like he'll make a good Darth Vader. (Man, if I were good enough to make a semi-lengthy animation, I would SO animate this imaginate session!)
Last edited by Tales on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Glad you liked the banner! I wasn't sure on the backdrop for it, but I wanted a "noir" feel. Didn't catch it all too well, but I like it.

Anyway, let's follow Echo this time around.

Here's an idea, let's mix up how the scene goes. How about the original ending that was planned for the movie, with Luke turning over to the Dark Side? FYI, glad that they didn't go for that ending.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Im going with option 1
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Let's switch to Echo, we've been playing as Bravo for about as long as we had with Charlie.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Join the force and go Luke :x
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Option 1! Ready your weapons lads we're going into (imaginary) battle!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Finally! We will be Echo!
-Monokuma

Neowulf

Post by Neowulf »

Yeah, let's play Echo.

That's an awesome sig, D-rock. Nice.
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

Neowulf wrote:Hrm.
Become... a KAMEN RIDER.

Or a K-9 unit. Whichever is easier.
Hooray! Another person who knows that Kamen Rider exists! :P

I say Echo.

Also, D-Rock, that banner is awesome!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Skipped yesterday cause there was a lot of the drawings and I drew on the wrong layer of one and ruined the drawing. Little did I know I'd do the same thing the next day :lol:
Tales wrote:I WAS going to go with option #2, but D-rock made a good point. I think it's best if we switch up who we are following. Also, Bravo seem's like he'll make a good Darth Vader. (Man, if I were good enough to make a semi-lengthy animation, I would SO animate this imaginate session!)
Well, I considered giving this game the "Housepets! Fanimated!" treatment once the game was done. Either that or, ya know, make it into an adventure game like it was originally supposed to be so you can experience all the scenes and endings you don't get. :P

-----------------------

You enter what appears to be some sort of throne room, but like, a lot more evil and spacey.

"Palpatine": Welcome, young Skywalker. I've been expecting you.

"Palpatine": You no longer need those. I mean, not that you did in the first place considering how easy it is to take those off with the force...

"Luke": Wait, I could have done that this whole time?!

"Vader": Yeah, honestly we were really banking on the fact that you wouldn't notice how flimsy those cuffs where. Lucky us, right? *Heavy Breathing*

"Luke": Oh son of a--

I messed up the layers so here's some sketch lines.

"Palpatine": Guards, leave us...

"Guards": ...

"Palpatine": I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time, you will call me... "master".

(Response:)

1. You're gravely mistaken...
2. I didn't sign up for this!
3. Sounds pretty neat!
ImageImageImageImage
Tales

Post by Tales »

Option #1, that seems to go more along the lines of echo's by-the-book-ness... (Also, love the 'The Guards will remember that' bit... )

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

*sees Red ball with Yellow lines* Obligatory ToB Shoutout, waaaaaat!

So yeah, I go for Option 1.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm going for option 1.
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Option 1!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

I say option 1.
Neowulf

Post by Neowulf »

I'll be a hipster and say 2.

Maaan these telltale games are deeeep.
CHAOKOCartoons wrote: Image
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Option 1 for prez
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I'm torn between option 1 and 3. Also, love the guards here.

Yay, Fun Ball made it in!
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

I wonder what would have happened had the story gone differently...

"Luke":
Sounds pretty neat!

Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Naro Rivers wrote:I wonder what would have happened had the story gone differently...

"Luke":
Sounds pretty neat!
Oh, yeah, indeed! Number 3 for me too!

And I really love the "The Guards will remember that..."!
:lol:
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

"Luke": You're gravely mistaken. You won't convert me as you did my father...

"Vader": Hey, what was with the emphasis there? I caught that!

"Palpatine": Oh no, young Jedi... You will find that it is you who are mistaken... about a great many things.

Messed up the layers agaaaaaaaaaaaaaain

"Vader": His Lightsaber... *heavy breathing*

"Palpatine": Ah yes, a Jedi's weapon... also a Sith's weapon, but that's not my point here. It's much like your father's... except greener. By now you must now your father can never be turned from the darkside. So will it be with you.

"Vader": Guys, seriously, I'm RIGHT HERE. Why are you putting so much emphasis on me?

(Response:)

1. I mean you're not wrong...
2. You're wrong...
3. Not now father...
ImageImageImageImage
Tales

Post by Tales »

Option 1. He has a valid point... This is the REAL reason for the ending of that scene in the movie. (I am not going to spoil it, even though it's pretty much assumed everyone here has watched it). The REAL reason was just that Darth Vader was constantly being talked about like he wasn't in the room.

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Action: Not now DAD