Stand battles

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Gameb18oy
Game Master

Stand battles

Post by Gameb18oy »

Is that a jojo- Yes, yes it is.
To play this game, you simply have to come up with a stand for yourself, tell what its unique ability is and how it works, its name, and how you would use it to beat the person above you. Bonus points to anyone who can make a stand work for more than one encounter.

ex. Stand user: Kermit the Frog
Stand Name: Rainbow Connection
Ability: This stand is able to control the color of anything it or it's user has touched. It can be used to camouflage both it's user and objects around it, trigger seizures in some by rapidly changing something's color, and blind it's opponents if they are able to touch their eyes. The affected object will not change back to how it initially was unless the stand user is incapacitated or they willingly change it back. The stand is best used strategically as it's physical capabilities are limited.
Buster
Game Master

Re: Stand battles

Post by Buster »

Toph Beifong
Stand: Twinkletoes
Because what's more broken than giving a character who's already overpowered a stand that makes you just as blind as her by stealing all the light from the environment to shoot lasers?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Jerry Mouse
Stand: Mirrorblade
Ability: Summons a rod that is capable of cutting, deflecting, and reflecting any projectile without missing, without fail, without regard to make whether matter or not, and without regard to speed, velocity, acceleration. It's basically bat that can hit a kamehame wave.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Suppose you can just make the stands, though a bit of the game is to be figuring out how to apply them to beat another stand
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i DID. camoflage is useless against someone who doesn't rely on sight.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

My apologies, you are correct, it just wasn’t clear to me on first glance that you had
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

With the way FlanDab worded his, he would win.

Smith Smith
Stand: Duplication
Ability: He can duplicate himself multiple times and overwhelm his opponents.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Kenta “The story didn’t give him a last name.”
Stand: Escalating Dragon
Ability: Grows stronger and larger in response to a threat, only stopping once said threat is no longer so, either because the threat is dead, the threat is no longer near him, or he sufficiently overpowers them. Has no upper limit.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

John Averageman
Stand: boringness
It turns anything Averageman looks at average and boring, then John throws them off a cliff.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Toru Hagakure
Stand: out of sight, out of mind
much like it's invisible owner, out of sight out of mind is hard tospot. it can only be seen if you're already aware it's there, and it has the power of inducing memory lapses.