Music.

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Music.

Post by Sleet »

I don't like that song, but that's some amazing voice work. It almost sounds like it isn't a capella.

My link:
This song is absolutely gorgeous. I'm posting it not just because it's great, but also because, surprise, it's by a death metal band! You have to respect musical flexibility like that.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

Hm, interesting. I don't really listen to death metal but it's really cool. I like the guitar, it sounds really raw... I can't think of any other way to describe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBJLoYd8xak&feature=fvwNow watch this and just tell me that the lead singer isn't the most cheerful person you've ever seen. Interestingly, this band is Australian.
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Sleet wrote:I don't like that song, but that's some amazing voice work. It almost sounds like it isn't a capella.

My link:
This song is absolutely gorgeous. I'm posting it not just because it's great, but also because, surprise, it's by a death metal band! You have to respect musical flexibility like that.
Yea I don't know how Opeth still keeps the death metal tag nowadays because it can only barely be found in the newer albums. In fact it's almost like they're bartering for radio spins at times.

Here's some more traditional death metal you might like though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOAfMKDnNe4
devils

Post by devils »

Sleet wrote:I don't like that song, but that's some amazing voice work. It almost sounds like it isn't a capella.

My link:
I LOVE OPETH!
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

machchunk wrote:

My link:
Yea I don't know how Opeth still keeps the death metal tag nowadays because it can only barely be found in the newer albums. In fact it's almost like they're bartering for radio spins at times.

Here's some more traditional death metal you might like though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOAfMKDnNe4
I honestly don't mind one bit. I am generally not a fan of death metal, so I'm glad when they clean up the vocals.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Sleet wrote:
machchunk wrote:
Sleet wrote: This song is absolutely gorgeous. I'm posting it not just because it's great, but also because, surprise, it's by a death metal band! You have to respect musical flexibility like that.

I honestly don't mind one bit. I am generally not a fan of death metal, so I'm glad when they clean up the vocals.
I wasn't just talking about the vocals. I don't care either way as long as it fits the music (though it would be nice to keep the edge in). They're starting to commercialize the instrumentation too, and not in a good way. It would really be a shame if they ended up as just another bland, worthless radio metal band, like what happened to Katatonia recently.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

This guy is amazing. His Acapella covers are impressive, but his two original songs are WICKED AWESOME!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

machchunk wrote:I wasn't just talking about the vocals. I don't care either way as long as it fits the music (though it would be nice to keep the edge in). They're starting to commercialize the instrumentation too, and not in a good way. It would really be a shame if they ended up as just another bland, worthless radio metal band, like what happened to Katatonia recently.
Are you referring to Damnation, or later stuff? Damnation is the only entire album I've heard.
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

I'm talking about Watershed.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh, I haven't heard that yet. Is it just getting softer, or do you mean it's becoming less progressive?
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

JOFOXX wrote:This guy is amazing. His Acapella covers are impressive, but his two original songs are WICKED AWESOME!
I agree with the above statement.

Edit: Also, this song *dies*<3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AKbUm8GrbM

I don't think that I've posted this yet, but if I have just tell me and I'll take this down.
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
devils

Post by devils »

machchunk wrote:I'm talking about Watershed.
i love that cd, it's awesome, especially Heir Apparent
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

devils wrote:
machchunk wrote:I'm talking about Watershed.
i love that cd, it's awesome, especially Heir Apparent
*YouTube*

Death growls are still a major turnoff for me, but other than that, that rocked pretty hard.
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Sleet wrote: Death growls are still a major turnoff for me...
:(

But why Sleet? Why?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I just find them unpleasant sounding in most cases. I guess on rare occasions they can be used for good effect, but I don't really like them being the default lyrical delivery style for a song.
Senator_Sunburst

I used to be like that...like 10 years ago.

I started to listen to a lot of Tristania and eventually I came to like them.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I used to feel similarly about things like double bass pedal and rapping, but I've learned to accept them (when they're done well, of course), so it's not entirely impossible that I eventually get to like it. But for now, death metal isn't really my thing.
Senator_Sunburst

It's not mine either (I think Death Metal tends towards boring), but Death Metal isn't the only metal genre with death vocals.

The reason I could stand Tristania back then was because it's a gothic metal band, and it had choruses and clean female and male vocals along with the death vocals. It kind of eased me into them.

Anyway, more Venetian Snares, which has nothing to do with the conversation of death vocals, but I'm listening to him right now so....
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:It's not mine either (I think Death Metal tends towards boring), but Death Metal isn't the only metal genre with death vocals.

The reason I could stand Tristania back then was because it's a gothic metal band, and it had choruses and clean female and male vocals along with the death vocals. It kind of eased me into them.

Anyway, more Venetian Snares, which has nothing to do with the conversation of death vocals, but I'm listening to him right now so....
I was in a similar boat with the song Dimmu Borgir had in Brutal Legend (Progenies of the Great Apocalypse). I wasn't big on the dirty vocals, but the rest, holy crap. If I ever start to like those kind of vocals, the gateway drugs would be like that.

...And then in the same game we have Cradle of Filth, who failed so incredibly hard at sounding gothic and operatic and just wrote a terrible song in general.
Senator_Sunburst

Sleet wrote:
I was in a similar boat with the song Dimmu Borgir had in Brutal Legend (Progenies of the Great Apocalypse). I wasn't big on the dirty vocals, but the rest, holy crap. If I ever start to like those kind of vocals, the gateway drugs would be like that.

...And then in the same game we have Cradle of Filth, who failed so incredibly hard at sounding gothic and operatic and just wrote a terrible song in general.[/quote]

Doomy Burger is awesome.

Cradle of Filth, not so much. I have only ever liked on song they did, and I didn't even like it that much. Everything else they do is pretty awful I think.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

More A7X! One of their old-ish songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUkoL9RE72o&ob=av2e
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

delete
Last edited by Psykeout on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bwah bwah
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

bwah bwah
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

bwah bwah
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

bwah bwah
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

bwah bwah
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

bwah bwah
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

8 (funny, but kinda inaproppriate)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw
bwah bwah
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

9 (funny, but ssssooooooooo looooooonnngg...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmGVYki-oyQ
bwah bwah
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

bwah bwah
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

bwah bwah
Psykeout