For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
caesalson

Re: current comic

Post by caesalson »

Like what?
cooljoe224

Post by cooljoe224 »

I have question, Do you hardcore housepet fans stay up till 12 too see the next comic? cause I see about 20 posts on the comic all at times like 12am 4am 6am.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Rick posts new comics at 1 AM EST, so if you want to see if Peanut gets Grape what happens next, you have to stay up at least until then.

Or wait until the next day. But that's for losers.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

I'm always up then drawing and watching george lopez on nick, but i never remember to look at the comic :?
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

Lopez? Nickelodeon? Come on, dude. I had faith in you, bro.
Sketcherofstuff

Thats the only thing on at 2 am. And i guess that i was pretty specific about it- i wonder why...
well any way, don't loss faith yet- i still think that family guy kicks george lopez's *ss. And if you don't agree then i loss faith in you man! :x
we can still be friends right?
Here Comes The Fuzz
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

yes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sketcherofstuff

okay, good. Now on to more pressing matters...
How many more comics before this plot line ends? Just a random speculation.
Here Comes The Fuzz
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

Mmm... Three is the minimum, no?
Sketcherofstuff

yay, i think so. I'm betting just one more double strip and the story's over.
for some reason this song seems fitting for this comic- can't really say why (the piano solo half way through is AWSOME)... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ5N4-X_HWU
Here Comes The Fuzz
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

cooljoe224 wrote:I have question, Do you hardcore housepet fans stay up till 12 too see the next comic? cause I see about 20 posts on the comic all at times like 12am 4am 6am.
People camping for first post.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Not necessarily! A lot of people stay up to read the comic and post their responses. Granted, there are some who aggressively attempt to have the first post and make stupid comments like "First post!" but there are also people who have serious contributions to make to the discussion. Don't discount people just because they are nocturnal.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Dissension wrote:Not necessarily! A lot of people stay up to read the comic and post their responses. Granted, there are some who aggressively attempt to have the first post and make stupid comments like "First post!" but there are also people who have serious contributions to make to the discussion. Don't discount people just because they are nocturnal.
I'm not. But I do go by what I have to clean out of the filters and delete from comments.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

First post games are silly. except when it comes to first posting an author post or a really hard to find moderator on a game forum. then hilarity ensues.

But i only stay up to 1 AM EST to see if Grape and Maxwell will have kittens i can post a intelligent response upon seeing the comic while it's fresh.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Housepets.
The number one leading cause in sleep deprivation.
Sinder wrote: if you want to see if Peanut gets Grape...
Sinder, You're back!
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Foldo wrote:Thanks, but I don't know "Scootch over" means exactly ever.--""

Keeshah=> :lol:
Basically, "move over by scooting your butt across whatever surface you may be sitting on at the time". :lol:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

I'm more intent on seeing how exactly JoeyxSqueak works er, I mean, alt text! Yeah, that's what I like, alt text.
seriously how does that work
Alex

Post by Alex »

How does it work? Uhm.... Love doesn't know of age, size, species (although it's illicit), and.... That's how it works, I guess.

Rick, I see you never forget to draw Sasha's left ear folded, and right ear erected. That's interesting, to say at least. I like it :).
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

caesalson

Post by caesalson »

Well, I understand that due to the PG nature of this comic many people here are rather young and naive, but I was referring to...something else. Of a far more explicit nature.

EDIT: Bad thoughts, Bad thoughts, Bad thoughts, Bad thoughts, Bad thoughts, Bad thoughts, Bad thoughts, Bad thoughts, Bad thoughts, Bad thoughts, Bad thoughts,
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

I'd actually like to know why Joey is so set out to be with a mouse.
If he is indeed a cat lover, then, shouldn't he love cats?
Being more specific, shouldn't he want to be with a cat?
Cats are well known for their dislike of mice.
With the exception of Sabrina.
----
My Devious account...
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

Well, I think we've seen that Joey also likes to BE a cat, or pretend to be, so what better for cat roleplay than catching a mouse?
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

caesalson wrote:Well, I think we've seen that Joey also likes to BE a cat, or pretend to be, so what better for cat roleplay than catching a mouse?
Cats are well known for their dislike of mice.
Not for dating them.
----
My Devious account...
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

But what I'm saying is that he roleplays by catching a mouse. Ya know. Squeak.
Besides, why should he have to hate mice? Maybe the whole mouse thing is a stereotype. Like cheese.

And nowhere does Joey say he was "set out" on dating a mouse. He claims they met "during [his] rolepley."
What exactly is "[his] rolepley?" Is there some sort of pet fetich nightclub somewhere in Babylon Gardens?
Last edited by caesalson on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

caesalson wrote:I'm more intent on seeing how exactly JoeyxSqueak works er, I mean, alt text! Yeah, that's what I like, alt text.
Enough with the slashfic joking around.
cooljoe224

Post by cooljoe224 »

But dont people have school and such i mean id be pretty tired waiting for a comic
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

Foxstar wrote:
caesalson wrote:I'm more intent on seeing how exactly JoeyxSqueak works er, I mean, alt text! Yeah, that's what I like, alt text.
Enough with the slashfic joking around.
Sorry, I'll stop this now.

EDIT: My previous question still stands, though. Where does this take place? What exactly goes on there? And did Joey perhaps drag Fido along one time and that's how he met Sabrina? (If I had a beard, I'd totally be stroking it right now.)
valerio

Post by valerio »

cooljoe224 wrote:But dont people have school and such i mean id be pretty tired waiting for a comic
Oh, I only have to wake up, go to the office and when I'm there I check for the new comic. By then, it has been published over 1 hour before. Lalalalala.... :D
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

Two_Twig wrote:Housepets.
The number one leading cause in sleep deprivation.
Not in France.
I wake, I turn on my PC, and I see right away (or almost) which has been added since the last time. :mrgreen:

Edit : I'm in the same time zone as valerio. ^^
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

cooljoe224 wrote:I have question, Do you hardcore housepet fans stay up till 12 too see the next comic? cause I see about 20 posts on the comic all at times like 12am 4am 6am.
Where I live in Australia means that Housepets updates at around 4:30 or 5:30 PM for me (depending on whether it's DST or not). Not very hardcore for me to stay up. 8D
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

For me, the new comic is released on 7 am, which is unfortunately the same time, when my bus to school is departing, so I usually have no chance to see it, even at the target bus stop, because I have to go quickly to the school, since but arrives around 7:40 and school starts at 8:00. Well, maybe I could at least download it at target bus stop (there's free wi-fi) to my PDA, but I could not read it till end of the school.
So I usually read it usually around 13:50, when I'm waiting for the bus to go home (at the same bus station where I arrived) :-( At least I've got PDA (it looks interesting though on the display with very fine resolution/pixels) and there's free wi-fi, otherwise I would have to wait even more, till I get home.
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Thoth

Post by Thoth »

cooljoe224 wrote:ok this comic brings up a question or 2 about nitro. Rick nitroglycerin is dangerous I thought Bino used gunpowder or somthing, a petri dish of that stuff could probaly blow the present apart or who knows? Where did Bino get nitroglycerin? Im guessing theres probaly a store to fuel this comics varios shenanigans But Who would trust Bino with explosives. Where did Sasha smell nitro?
Glycerin is fairly easily extracted from animal fat - like the trimmings off a steak - given a few pots and a heat source. It's also sold for use in the laundry. Of course, you can simply use Cotton, such as the scraps of an old T-Shirt, and make guncotton instead. The smell would be very similar.

Nitric and Sufuric acids are harder to make from household scraps, although you can; you simply need to let the stuff rot, extract saltpeter, and get some clay pots to work from there. Easier to start with guano, and even easier to use a kid's chemistry set, hit up a high school chemistry lab, or obtain some commercially; the stuff is used in an enormous number of industrial processes.

As for Sasha knowing the smell - nitroglycerin and other nitrated organic explosives (with similar smells) are used in medicine, fireworks, construction, demolitions, mining, guns, and many other fields. It might be taken as a clue as to her Dad's profession, but the fireworks explanation is probably the simplest.

Ah, the joys of junior high school chemistry...
But over-analyzing things is half the fun!

Character Dossiers
2MKc

Post by 2MKc »

300 comments in one day? IT'S A NEW RECORD!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Thoth wrote:
cooljoe224 wrote:ok this comic brings up a question or 2 about nitro. Rick nitroglycerin is dangerous I thought Bino used gunpowder or somthing, a petri dish of that stuff could probaly blow the present apart or who knows? Where did Bino get nitroglycerin? Im guessing theres probaly a store to fuel this comics varios shenanigans But Who would trust Bino with explosives. Where did Sasha smell nitro?
Glycerin is fairly easily extracted from animal fat - like the trimmings off a steak - given a few pots and a heat source. It's also sold for use in the laundry. Of course, you can simply use Cotton, such as the scraps of an old T-Shirt, and make guncotton instead. The smell would be very similar.

Nitric and Sufuric acids are harder to make from household scraps, although you can; you simply need to let the stuff rot, extract saltpeter, and get some clay pots to work from there. Easier to start with guano, and even easier to use a kid's chemistry set, hit up a high school chemistry lab, or obtain some commercially; the stuff is used in an enormous number of industrial processes.

As for Sasha knowing the smell - nitroglycerin and other nitrated organic explosives (with similar smells) are used in medicine, fireworks, construction, demolitions, mining, guns, and many other fields. It might be taken as a clue as to her Dad's profession, but the fireworks explanation is probably the simplest.

I'd also like to point out the obvious
He smells like a cat because he's covered in catnip
End obvious statement
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
valerio

Post by valerio »

if that would be the case, it'd be a sign of the growing success of this comic, not a thing to criticize I believe. In fact, as an avid webcomic reader, no comic has so far involved me as this one.
cooljoe224

Post by cooljoe224 »

Ebly wrote:
Thoth wrote:

I'd also like to point out the obvious
He smells like a cat because he's covered in catnip
End obvious statement
Thank you Ebly! Without that I would have never known.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Well, he smells like a cat on Christmas eve
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Alex

Post by Alex »

Hm.... If I recall correctly, catnip itself doesn't smell like a cat AT ALL. It's a plant, and a cat is a mammal. Or are the neighbor cats nipping so much that Sasha connects the odor of catnip with the odor of cats, because they smell like it all time?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Thoth

Post by Thoth »

rickgriffin wrote:Well, he smells like a cat on Christmas eve
Oh now there's a thought - even if possibly not the one meant; after the dogs easter egg hunt we have the cats christmas party - where they celebrate with fireworks and make jokes about using them to shoot down Santa Claus and get all the gifts.

As a bonus, King and Sasha get to warm up at one or more burning buildings, which should be nice and warm until morning.

Insert - as for the cats, they may not nip that much - but i'd bet that an awful lot of them get given some on Christmas eve, thus Joel/King - freshly doused in Catnip - will indeed smell like a cat on Christmas eve.
Last edited by Thoth on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But over-analyzing things is half the fun!

Character Dossiers
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Alex wrote:Hm.... If I recall correctly, catnip itself doesn't smell like a cat AT ALL. It's a plant, and a cat is a mammal. Or are the neighbor cats nipping so much that Sasha connects the odor of catnip with the odor of cats, because they smell like it all time?
That's the idea.
Make Pasta not war.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Joey: the only fursuiter in the entire comic, and he's antorpomorphic anyways. Who knew! He's also going through similar types of "fursecution" with his dog friends like we normally do with our human friends. Has anyone noticed that?