Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Re: current comic

Post by rickgriffin »

Next you guys are going to start complaining when I'm slightly off-model.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sinder wrote:oh god

this arc is going to hurt me, isn't it
If you're lucky, it's a murder Mystery!

So much to be looking forward to in this arc. The arc that birthed housepets is back, but with a twist! but the bigger questions are: Will this result in another messy house? o_o Will Peanut try to somehow get someone else involved? Will there be a sequel?!?

Also... Maxie.. <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

rickgriffin wrote:Next you guys are going to start complaining when I'm slightly off-model.
Unpleaseable Fanbase

Not quite yet, but we are getting there. :lol:

At least it's not as bad as it gets for Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead 2...dang, the forums there...they never stop complaining!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

I note that Unpleaseable Fanbase is only a symptom of doing a Serial. Hmm.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I don't think the forums is deliberately trying to nag Rick for small errors, but if they started raising torches and burning down the sets, then they are just being silly >.>

To add, if i were a troper and added my own trope, i would hereby dub thee forums as "Over Critical" =P
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Yeah I know, I don't mean to be touchy. Is just that these things are pointed out to people at large instead of being pointed out to me directly. Though sometimes when I ignore it it would probably be better if they didn't contact me directly because then I'm not completely obligated to fix it, so hmm
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Yeah, i got you Rick =)

I'm sure we understand where we're coming from when you say that. I think the forums in general though is just not sure how to handle the approach when trying to submit feedback about the comics.
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

rickgriffin wrote:Next you guys are going to start complaining when I'm slightly off-model.
PEANUT'S FACE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THAT
ImageImage
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sinder wrote:PEANUT'S FACE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THAT
My FAce! My BEautiful Face!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Perhaps the best approach would be to send Rick a note if you have a question or comment regarding the content of the comic and not to take it personally if he doesn't (a) get back to you or (b) change it.

Additionally, I have some potential scenarios in mind for how the current arc plays out but will hold my tongue until we see a bit more (so that I do not look foolish, see?). Oh, and angry Peanut is cute.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm taking a gander from Grape's tone that Grape is trying to get Max involved to try something a little different than normal, but her tone is suggesting something i'm betting that either involves Pridelands, romance or mystery.

The real question i'm wonder is if it's just going to be these three? I'm betting Peanut will bring someone along at the last minute, probably Tarot, but that's the kind of answer i like to hold my tongue on tomorrow and just say 'maybe' =P
D.Z.

Post by D.Z. »

Jeeaalloouussyyy...

On the one hand, I could see this whole thing escalating into a bizarre spat with Grape and Peanut waving Max and Tarot in each other's faces--you know how that old "you got a significant other, well, I got one too" thing goes between people pretending they don't like each other.

On the other hand, they're acting like five year olds in this comic. :p

... suppose those two things are actually rather inclusive.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I love you Maxie!
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

This is clearly the incident which inspires Peanut and Bino to become friends.

Peanut: "Cats are jerks!"

Foldo

Post by Foldo »

Yeah! Imaginate! is coming back!
And this strip is easy to translate!
Woohoo! \o/

"Maxie" => :lol:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Man this is awesome :)! Maxie.....
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

What ever happens, by god something needs to end with an explosion! sign...
No, I can't say that, it sounds too uneducated. I'll just continue to wait patiently :D
Last edited by Two_Twig on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Alex

Post by Alex »

Perhaps Peanut will go and play with himself and imagine how he plays with Grape instead of Max....
Richarson Valley

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

D'aw Maxwell looks cute when he has no idea that Peanut is angry.
Make Pasta not war.
arcict

Post by arcict »

Another wedge in the Grape/Peanut relationaship.

I honestly can't tell what I want to see anymore, a peaceful resolution/understanding between the characters... or comical conflict.

Honestly I've never been one that liked comical conflict where things in the friendship/companionship/love are involved. It just... doesn't usually mix well with me.

Even so, Peanut's reaction is... priceless.
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Dang, poor Peanut. The only thing worse then unrequited love, is having to watch that person love someone else, in the same room. I too am very curious to see how Peanut is going to react to this in the coming strips.

But I must say, Peanut is adorable when he's angry.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"Maxie" now, that's never good.... I'm surprised Peanut was so vocal with his jealousy, though I suppose that's mediated by the fact that that appears to be some kind of game they've played before....

I wonder how this is going to play out....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Alex

Post by Alex »

You know, now that I think about it, I really feel sorry for Peanut. It's not that love thing between him and Grape - he has Tarot, after all. But still, his own sister found a replacement for him.... Poor Peanut.
Richarson Valley

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Alex wrote:You know, now that I think about it, I really feel sorry for Peanut. It's not that love thing between him and Grape - he has Tarot, after all. But still, his own sister found a replacement for him.... Poor Peanut.
You know, the funny thing here is that Rick has reached that point where the requirements for resolution have been established, and nothing can change unless those requirements are met. He can add on to the setting, story, and characters, but he can't alter any of the scenarios already in place without meeting those required points.
For example, take Tarot. There is relatively little known about her, and as such, there is plenty of room for characterization and background development. We don't know who her owner is, where she lives, where she came from, when she came to Babylon Gardens, and the like. Even her social relations can be developed with the characters that haven't had their meeting with her displyed or implyed yet. But as for Grape and Peanut, her social situation is set, and it can't change unless Rick aims for resolution of the romantic point of view of this universe. Same with Max: Max is better known, but his place is set amoungst the Sandwich characters, and that can't be altered without moving towards resolution.
To sum that all up, I don't see this arc developing the scenario we have, since Rick just set it up this way last summer. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I'm sorry, but I have to say this--I just now noticed the "KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK" in the first panel, and it made me laugh.... :lol:

:oops:
PF chars

--Phoenix

valerio

Post by valerio »

YoruOokami wrote:Dang, poor Peanut. The only thing worse then unrequited love, is having to watch that person love someone else, in the same room. I too am very curious to see how Peanut is going to react to this in the coming strips.

But I must say, Peanut is adorable when he's angry.
he's gonna lock himself in his room and play GTA until the very television set starts bleeding :twisted:
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

revenge peanut, REVENGE!
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Teh Brawler wrote:You know, the funny thing here is that Rick has reached that point where the requirements for resolution have been established, and nothing can change unless those requirements are met. He can add on to the setting, story, and characters, but he can't alter any of the scenarios already in place without meeting those required points.
For example, take Tarot. There is relatively little known about her, and as such, there is plenty of room for characterization and background development. We don't know who her owner is, where she lives, where she came from, when she came to Babylon Gardens, and the like. Even her social relations can be developed with the characters that haven't had their meeting with her displayed or implied yet. But as for Grape and Peanut, her social situation is set, and it can't change unless Rick aims for resolution of the romantic point of view of this universe. Same with Max: Max is better known, but his place is set amongst the Sandwich characters, and that can't be altered without moving towards resolution.
To sum that all up, I don't see this arc developing the scenario we have, since Rick just set it up this way last summer. :P
Rick never has it play the way we think it will.

And you're right, its a little difficult to assume that all current relationships have been wrapped up and set firmly in place, which they aren't obviously, so this arc could go in so many ways its star-tl-ing. What I mean is that there isn't enough information at present to start predicting things just yet.
----
My Devious account...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Alex wrote:You know, now that I think about it, I really feel sorry for Peanut. It's not that love thing between him and Grape - he has Tarot, after all. But still, his own sister found a replacement for him.... Poor Peanut.
You know, the funny thing here is that Rick has reached that point where the requirements for resolution have been established, and nothing can change unless those requirements are met. He can add on to the setting, story, and characters, but he can't alter any of the scenarios already in place without meeting those required points.
For example, take Tarot. There is relatively little known about her, and as such, there is plenty of room for characterization and background development. We don't know who her owner is, where she lives, where she came from, when she came to Babylon Gardens, and the like. Even her social relations can be developed with the characters that haven't had their meeting with her displyed or implyed yet. But as for Grape and Peanut, her social situation is set, and it can't change unless Rick aims for resolution of the romantic point of view of this universe. Same with Max: Max is better known, but his place is set amoungst the Sandwich characters, and that can't be altered without moving towards resolution.
Tarot may still be relatively new, but her being set in the family seems to be already established, but in a more subtle fashion. That, in my opinion, doesn't require her to be on screen as much as Max since Max is apparantly alot more active than Tarot, but Tarot seems to draw more attention than Max when she gets involved i find.

I beg to differ about the part that Grape is finding a replacement for Peanut. From the looks of things, it looks like Grape is starting to get quite fond of Max from the looks of things. The way i see it, she wants him around more and Peanut just isn't comfy with the way she's doing it. (She did invite a boyfriend over afterall @_@) That can change though, but that's entirely dependant on how Peanut and Maxwell get along.

Also, i think Grape is looking to get Maxwell and Peanut together for other reasons, which i'm more curious about as this arc begins. Although it appears she's oblivious to Peanut's sudden uncomfort, i'm guessing she has a good reason to bring Max along for whatever she's planning to bring both MAxwell and PEanut in on. I have a small hunch she may even be trying to get PEanut and Maxwell together to help Peanut with his 'feedback' =3
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

GameCobra wrote:Tarot may still be relatively new, but her being set in the family seems to be already established, but in a more subtle fashion. That, in my opinion, doesn't require her to be on screen as much as Max since Max is apparantly alot more active than Tarot, but Tarot seems to draw more attention than Max when she gets involved i find.

I beg to differ about the part that Grape is finding a replacement for Peanut. From the looks of things, it looks like Grape is starting to get quite fond of Max from the looks of things. The way i see it, she wants him around more and Peanut just isn't comfy with the way she's doing it. (She did invite a boyfriend over afterall @_@) That can change though, but that's entirely dependant on how Peanut and Maxwell get along.

Also, i think Grape is looking to get Maxwell and Peanut together for other reasons, which i'm more curious about as this arc begins. Although it appears she's oblivious to Peanut's sudden uncomfort, i'm guessing she has a good reason to bring Max along for whatever she's planning to bring both MAxwell and PEanut in on. I have a small hunch she may even be trying to get PEanut and Maxwell together to help Peanut with his 'feedback' =3
Grape still doesn't know about Peanut's feelings for her, and he hasn't done anything to offend her lately, so no, why would she find a replacement for him?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Jack

Post by Jack »

oh no... oh hell no! max should get out... right now! seeing peanut mad makes me mad and i get mad only about once every six months.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I remember that a lot of people were bothered by the strenghth of Fox's reaction toward his dognappers.

Whatever happens next, I'm sure we'll all be struck by the curveball we never saw coming.
Rick is very good at that sort of thing.

The Game

Post by The Game »

Dissension wrote:I remember that a lot of people were bothered by the strenghth of Fox's reaction toward his dognappers.

Whatever happens next, I'm sure we'll all be struck by the curveball we never saw coming.
Rick is very good at that sort of thing.
It's either funny or scary that he's right
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Why is everyone so hard set on romance? Playdate. Playdate. Pretend.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Ebly wrote:Why is everyone so hard set on romance? Playdate. Playdate. Pretend.
No pretend party is complete without tea. or biscuits. or war.

in this case, the winner gets to have tea for cats and biscuits for dogs.

PS: If i were a betting man at this point, i suddenly feel like betting that Bino is here with Maxwell.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Even though its pretend Ebly, the issues in Housepets are important and worth caring about; so much so that I urge every one of us to start caring. Once we're all caring, we can all worry. We can all worry, that we're not caring enough.
----
My Devious account...
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

This is already one of my favorite groups of comics (arcs, right?) so far, the others being the vet one, the farm one and the one directly after that. And the one newyears eve strip that wrapped up the yarn ball.
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Because two cute couples makes everyone go D'aw! ...who wouldn't want that?
Make Pasta not war.
The Game

Post by The Game »

i just thought of what might (emphasis on might) happen!!
peanut may call tarot to even the score out of spite
>_>
or he could go on with his other plan...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Maxwell? Blanket monster? Grape and Peanut are Heroes?

What is this? i feel like this is a comic from heaven now. <3