Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: current comic

Post by GameCobra »

Cerberusx wrote:Very true mate, but what has me concerned/worried/curious, is when Peanuts "dam" will finally break. He's been bottling up all of his emotions and this turn of events with Max coming over during Peanut's and Grape's play time (?) And now this current change in events of what just happened is not helping him at all I’m sure. Those cracks in his "dam" are getting bigger and sooner or later something will have to give. The only questions that remain are what’s going to cause him to "snap"(not like going crazy, just all of his emotion/feeling coming out), who will cause it and what will happen? And that comrades is what has gotten me very curious of what will happen to Peanut as the story goes on.
I don't think Peanut would do that. Peanut has been shown to go with the flow as everyone else and not seem to be bothered unless it's done so without him knowing, but if it's something he thinks Tarot would not enjoy or Grape continues to ignore Peanut in favor of Max, then i'm sure Grape would've hit a huge dent in the dam as you mentioned.

But yes, that's also what got me curious. the following comic should provide some interesting scenarios =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Liam

Post by Liam »

I don't get the ear balance part, though.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Grape's saying that she'll bite off part of Maxwell's left ear if he does anything inappropriate, which would cause his ears to be symmetrical or "balanced."

I know, I know, "never explain the joke." *sighs*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
The Game

Post by The Game »

NOO!! Grape and Max look like a couple! That should be Peanut she's holding on to!!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ChewyChewy wrote:And I don't like Max--he's a cannibal. :P
Max: "Why, Grape, you're so beautiful, I could just eat you up."
Grape: "O_o"
Peanut: "O_o"
Tarot: "Just as the stars foretold."
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
arcict

Post by arcict »

*sigh*

Aaaaaaand the cats will do what the cats will do, I can almost hear Peanut's sanity tearing just a little. In my estimate it won't be too long now before his mind snaps a little and he just starts blurting things out...

Reminds me a bit of oots and Haley's dilema.

And of course the moment they find a more "real" kind of pretend play the cats have only one thing on their mind for what to do with it.
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Dissension wrote:I know, I know, "never explain the joke." *sighs*
:O
valerio

Post by valerio »

TheGame, sir, your avatar is the BEST so far. Thank you for such eye candy :D :D :D
The Game

Post by The Game »

valerio wrote:TheGame, sir, your avatar is the BEST so far. Thank you for such eye candy :D :D :D
Thank you. Thank you very much It was my pleasure :D
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

GameCobra wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:Very true mate, but what has me concerned/worried/curious, is when Peanuts "dam" will finally break. He's been bottling up all of his emotions and this turn of events with Max coming over during Peanut's and Grape's play time (?) And now this current change in events of what just happened is not helping him at all I’m sure. Those cracks in his "dam" are getting bigger and sooner or later something will have to give. The only questions that remain are what’s going to cause him to "snap"(not like going crazy, just all of his emotion/feeling coming out), who will cause it and what will happen? And that comrades is what has gotten me very curious of what will happen to Peanut as the story goes on.
I don't think Peanut would do that. Peanut has been shown to go with the flow as everyone else and not seem to be bothered unless it's done so without him knowing, but if it's something he thinks Tarot would not enjoy or Grape continues to ignore Peanut in favor of Max, then i'm sure Grape would've hit a huge dent in the dam as you mentioned.

But yes, that's also what got me curious. the following comic should provide some interesting scenarios =3
Yes do agree with you comrade Cobra, but none the less it seems that Peanut and Grape's relationship is going....down hill if I were to say. And Peanut has done nothing but bottle everything up. I mean look back at the you lost "The Game" that occured way back. And with Peanut keeping the "Flood Gates" to his "Dam" closesed can spell disaster. Even though Peanut does "go with flow" he only goes to a certin extent. I mean he is afraid to say is true feelings to Grape because he feels that she will reject him because she like's Max. But then again how really knows what will happen but I got to say my money is on Peanut tell Grape how he feels when he thinks that Grape and Max are an "item," and Peanut trying to be strong but failes being all depprest and stuff, ends up having Grape knowtice this and ask him what is wrong and Peanut ends up telling eather on purpose or accident what he is felling like this and tells her how he feels about her (also betting on the latter of the two.)
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

The Game wrote:
valerio wrote:TheGame, sir, your avatar is the BEST so far. Thank you for such eye candy :D :D :D
Wow The Game, that looks really good. Nice work there!
The Game

Post by The Game »

YoruOokami wrote:
The Game wrote:
Wow The Game, that looks really good. Nice work there!
It wasn't me, it was Raptor Anton!
Last edited by The Game on Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

Post by Jack »

The Game wrote:NOO!! Grape and Max look like a couple! That should be Peanut she's holding on to!!
amen sister!
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think you meant to say you didn't make it,TheGame. =P

One last comment i like to add is that Grape has already apologized to Peanut though, and i'm sure that means a world to Peanut since it proves she ain't completely ignoring him. Only thing that i could see going wrong is if Max and Grape from this point start to take advantage of the talent that Peanut and Tarot have without taking into consideration of something going wrong.

one way or another, i can just imagine either things going perfectly somehow, or Tarot's version of Pridelands has some... interesting humor moments X3
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Or there could be no more mention of Tarot's mental projection in this arc and the character's just move on. :3
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
bigwig

Post by bigwig »

I don't know if this will help my cause or not, but I ship GrapexMax. Just putting that out there.

Also, I came to say that Max's ears are non-canon in the second panel.

Otherwise this comic makes me smile.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Yo comrade Game! Correct me if I am wrong but is your avatar of the cat with the rainbow collar at all your character Wonderland Deeter (Wonder) from your other fanfic called "Peanut's Choice" da?

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

bigwig wrote:I don't know if this will help my cause or not, but I ship GrapexMax. Just putting that out there.
1. Welcome to the forums. There is a Welcome Thread where you can officially officiate your presence here. :)
2. You are among friends. I'm not one of them; I have become indifferent over the months, but there are plenty GrapexMax pplz here.
3. The Game isn't one of them. Run before she finds you. :shock:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

Teh Brawler wrote:3. The Game isn't one of them. Run before she finds you. :shock:
But I am, and don't worry, you are under my protection :).
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I go for a catnap and miss out another potential Fan lover >_>

Meh! *Goes back to sleep*

But welcome aboard, true believer of housepets!
Alex

Post by Alex »

English isn't my native language, but shouldn't it be "I request that Grape plays..." instead of "I request that Grape play..."? It's what Max says in last panel.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Alex wrote:English isn't my native language, but shouldn't it be "I request that Grape plays..." instead of "I request that Grape play..."? It's what Max says in last panel.
Both are correct. They're interchangeable, and I'm not sure what the difference is, but they're both correct in English. :P
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
The Game

Post by The Game »

Alex wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:3. The Game isn't one of them. Run before she finds you. :shock:
No one is protected....
Cerberusx wrote:Yo comrade Game! Correct me if I am wrong but is your avatar of the cat with the rainbow collar at all your character Wonderland Deeter (Wonder) from your other fanfic called "Peanut's Choice" da?
yes it is actually....
I didn't even know people read that :lol:
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I believe we do not talk about shipping here.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Dissension wrote:I know, I know, "never explain the joke." *sighs*
Unless they require to think around more than five corners.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

I love this comic, if only for the fact that Max was lava.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Alex wrote:English isn't my native language, but shouldn't it be "I request that Grape plays..." instead of "I request that Grape play..."? It's what Max says in last panel.
It's because it's a Subjunctive. English has those, believe it or not!
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Rick, your comic is made of epic win. Once again you give us a plot twist that makes us keep on guessing. This is why I love it so much. Can't wait for the rest of the arc.

Also, like all of us I WOULD SO LOVE TO PLAY WITH TAROT!! MIFURST! MIFURST!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

What if Tarot doesn't want to (or can't) do a Pridelands scenario? It just occurred to me that the cats are suddenly wanting this SO badly and not really thinking too much about Tarot--she's not a toy, you know.... :P
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

I wouldn't worry about Tarot, the only one she's..flexable for is Peanut and I believe that's because he has no interest in abusing her powers. If riled, she can take care of herself.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Foxstar wrote:I wouldn't worry about Tarot, the only one she's..flexable for is Peanut and I believe that's because he has no interest in abusing her powers. If riled, she can take care of herself.
Oh, I'm not worried. I'm just saying, that's kind of heartless of those cats (in a childlike way, maybe, and they've been that way with Peanut already, but still).
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

I just had to take the last panel. :lol:
Make Pasta not war.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Cerberusx wrote:
GameCobra wrote:

Yes do agree with you comrade Cobra, but none the less it seems that Peanut and Grape's relationship is going....down hill if I were to say. And Peanut has done nothing but bottle everything up. I mean look back at the you lost "The Game" that occured way back. And with Peanut keeping the "Flood Gates" to his "Dam" closesed can spell disaster. Even though Peanut does "go with flow" he only goes to a certin extent. I mean he is afraid to say is true feelings to Grape because he feels that she will reject him because she like's Max. But then again how really knows what will happen but I got to say my money is on Peanut tell Grape how he feels when he thinks that Grape and Max are an "item," and Peanut trying to be strong but failes being all depprest and stuff, ends up having Grape knowtice this and ask him what is wrong and Peanut ends up telling eather on purpose or accident what he is felling like this and tells her how he feels about her (also betting on the latter of the two.)

From what it looks like, Peaunt may be a tickling time bomb which can go off at any time. Yeah, repression is not a good thing. However, I doubt that Peaunt would actaully snap. Or will he? I guessing is not if he will do it, but when....
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

The Game wrote:
Alex wrote:
No one is protected....
Cerberusx wrote:Yo comrade Game! Correct me if I am wrong but is your avatar of the cat with the rainbow collar at all your character Wonderland Deeter (Wonder) from your other fanfic called "Peanut's Choice" da?
yes it is actually....
I didn't even know people read that :lol:
Ya I thought that you would be suprised comrade Game and knew you would like that. I've read all of the Peanut and Grape fanfics that I could find. Which are very few I might add.

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

While I'm logged in anyway, might as well add my two bits...

The thing that occurred to me is that the cats think that Tarot can provide a perfect emulation of Pridelands. I think this can now go in one of three directions...

A) TOOOOOOOOOO REEEEEAAAAALLLLL! Yes, again. Thinkaboutit, it seems that various Pridelands tribes are embroiled in war. Recall the line: "Rot in a croc's stomach you decrepit son of a- And then he was speared through the face." Seeing as they will probably end up as main characters, they'll have to fight SOMEthing...

B) It could be perfectly real, but then the setting is messed with based on Peanut's, Grape's and Max's whims. The alt-text mentioned above was from one comic where Peanut had Spot save someone who normally would have died, and what about Grape's fanfic, hmm?

C) They're assuming Tarot will give a perfect emulation of Pridelands; this probably won't happen unless Tarot has read the books. Which she may have or have not done.

Whatever the case may end up, I can only imagine it will turn out badly, and hilarity will ensue.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Barkeron wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:
GameCobra wrote:

From what it looks like, Peaunt may be a tickling time bomb which can go off at any time. Yeah, repression is not a good thing. However, I doubt that Peaunt would actaully snap. Or will he? I guessing is not if he will do it, but when....
I agree with you comrade Barkeron, but I do not think Peanut would "snap" but his emotions would pour out, mainly about his feelings for Grape. But if some one tried to calm down while he vented his feelings would be taken down/silenced verbully and a few threats. If you check back through the posts you can see what I think will happen.

Sable

Post by Sable »

I'd like to put forth an alternative outcome.

Max plays the monster needing to be faught, Grape plays the queen, and Peanut plays the King.

Tarot knows how Peanut feels about Grape, Peanut has been the main character always, Tarot can make you FEEL like something your not, and Max only requested the role that Grape plays.
The first law of reason is that what exists, exists; what is is, and from this irreducible bedrock all knowledge is built.

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sable wrote:I'd like to put forth an alternative outcome.

Max plays the monster needing to be faught, Grape plays the queen, and Peanut plays the King.

Tarot knows how Peanut feels about Grape, Peanut has been the main character always, Tarot can make you FEEL like something your not, and Max only requested the role that Grape plays.
"This looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship." :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

So...looks like the duo turned into a trio which turned into quad?

So if Peanut still wants Grape, why be so interested in Tarot? Then again, Grape likes Max and Max definitely likes Grape...but Tarot is just there to keep Peanut company, so that Peanut isn't lonely? ...Peanut seems to have the short straw, but Tarot is just awesome. But somewhere deep down, I think Peanut will meet Sabrina though Tarot.
Make Pasta not war.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Dylan wrote:So...looks like the duo turned into a trio which turned into quad?
Wait, what?
DOH HO HO WELL THEN