You're rich and famous. Now what?

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Penwrite

Re: You're rich and famous. Now what?

Post by Penwrite »

rickgriffin wrote:
Zander wrote:I would start a new charity entitled: Money for the rich!

Its where if your poor you can donate money so rich people get richer!
That's called Capitalism.
Regular Bird wrote:I'd buy more money.
That's also called Capitalism.

Personally, I'd start my writing into full swing. I'd outsource the creation of this comic to other artists who could pump out full-page stories every day under my direction. I'd be doing this so I also had room to start the animated cartoon version, which would be one of my many animated shows.

I'd start a policy of only continuing animated shows for as long as I think is necessary; much like television overseas, I'd only run a premise for a certain length of time so that everything can be packed into the number of episodes there are.

Even if I have serious stories to animate, I'd publish those in Japan first as they're a better market for them, but then I'd be able to turn around and grab a larger part of the serious animated market in America simply because it was of Japanese origin.

I'd have a large room of the best talent, similar to Pixar or Google, so that projects flow smoothly and at a rapid pace.

For every project I'd be optioned for on other media, I'd have to make sure that it's always done under my supervision. My goal at this point is not to make money, it's to make art--and if I'm going to be expanding in other directions, there's no reason that the movie or the video game or the holo-novel shouldn't be the best possible portrayal.

Some of you need bigger imaginations!
:( I feel shamed... *throws away writing pen, writing fedora, and writing pants into a waste basket and walks away into the stormy city streets*
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

rickgriffin wrote:
Zander wrote:I would start a new charity entitled: Money for the rich!

Its where if your poor you can donate money so rich people get richer!
That's called Capitalism.
Regular Bird wrote:I'd buy more money.
That's also called Capitalism.
Win.
rickgriffin wrote:Personally, I'd start my writing into full swing. I'd outsource the creation of this comic to other artists who could pump out full-page stories every day under my direction. I'd be doing this so I also had room to start the animated cartoon version, which would be one of my many animated shows.

I'd start a policy of only continuing animated shows for as long as I think is necessary; much like television overseas, I'd only run a premise for a certain length of time so that everything can be packed into the number of episodes there are.

Even if I have serious stories to animate, I'd publish those in Japan first as they're a better market for them, but then I'd be able to turn around and grab a larger part of the serious animated market in America simply because it was of Japanese origin.

I'd have a large room of the best talent, similar to Pixar or Google, so that projects flow smoothly and at a rapid pace.

For every project I'd be optioned for on other media, I'd have to make sure that it's always done under my supervision. My goal at this point is not to make money, it's to make art--and if I'm going to be expanding in other directions, there's no reason that the movie or the video game or the holo-novel shouldn't be the best possible portrayal.

Also win.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Rich and Famous. Hmm.

Well. I'd want to eliminate any and all debts within my family. Pay off my college education, pay off my parent's house, cars etc, and, of course, give them a couple of treats now and again, to thank them for the support they gave me growing up. Same goes for my grandparents, my dad's side of the family in particular.

I'd deposit as much as I could in various different banks to defend against loss and take advantage of... that... insurance thing by that one government agency which I can't recall the name of right now. Perhaps some in CD's, and maybe I'd also have to look in investing in the stock market.

Financial Security in place... I'd then finish my college education, so that my FUTURE is locked in place. I don't feel I could rely on money like that, no matter how plentiful. Too easily it could dry up for no reason... Hey, it happens, and it never hurts to be prepared. Now all THAT being locked away...

Top-of-the-line-bleeding-cutting-edge computer! All video games I like and all the major consoles available! And, of course, a CintQ 21ux. (Wacom tablet that's a screen!) And maybe a nice TV.

I'd allow myself the ability to travel. There's people across the world I want to visit, and places I'd want to see. This would be done during the summer, of course, IF it doesn't interfere with a summer semester I have to take! I'd want to throw a get-together for friends. I'd want to visit a con. Anything that requires travel...

Maybe a modest house, and a car... but after all of that, the rest would go to investments in projects, such as writing a novel, then the rest would go to charity and, of course, stupid taxes.

Fame. I don't... want... fame. Not large fame. Maybe small fame. No, actually.. um...
Fran Leibowitz wrote:"The best fame is a writer's fame. It's enough to get a table at a good restaurant, but not enough to get you interrupted when you eat."
Yeah. That'd be nice. I'd want to live modestly. And keep working. Working on what, or for who, though, I donno.

Oh, and if I had connections, I'd be sure to help my friends using that. Being ultra-successful has a lot to do with meeting the right people...

Um... if there... WAS one thing I'd try...

Video Game Dev company all of my own! I want to make a great video game that wouldn't worry about being marketable... I'd want it to be FUN. Something NEW. Something people would play because it's great, complex, and just generally is... fun. Like a game should be.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Buckdida wrote:I'd deposit as much as I could in various different banks to defend against loss and take advantage of... that... insurance thing by that one government agency which I can't recall the name of right now.
That would be the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
Buckdida wrote:This would be done during the summer, of course
Winter is Summer and Summer is Winter in the Southern Hemisphere.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

If I was rich, I'd do several things:

1) Pay off all the debt of anything.
2) Pay off the the house.
3) Buy my mom the brand new car she's always wanted.
4) Buy a little car for myself.
5) Put away ALL the money needed for a college education (aka several, several thousand dollars).

Then I'm not sure what I'd do with the rest of it! I'd probably just place it into a bank account and live off the interest. I mean, I'm not one who's big on a life of luxury, so a modest way of living is alright with me!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Beagle wrote:5) Put away ALL the money needed for a college education (aka several, several thousand dollars).
Why study when you're already rich?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Because not everyone is in a career for the money?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Hmm. New idea: use as much of the money as is necessary to get an education at an Ivy League school. Get degrees in engineering, physics, astronomy, etc. Graduate, use my mysteriously acquired fame (and money, can't forget the money) to found a private space travel company. Get my people working on a couple of NASA contracts, research better methods of propulsion, ways to defeat the health problems associated with prolonged periods of time spent in space.

Then, once my company was firmly established, I would higher lobbyists to push budget increases for space travel, specifically giving federal funding to any company willing to collaborate with NASA on long-range human space travel projects. Getting humans out into the solar system is the goal here.

Another portion of the money would go to research on the creation of a space elevator, or to provide funding to whoever comes up with a good plan for building one.

At the same time, I would use the aforementioned "fame" to try and garner public support of these various space travel projects. By these combined efforts, I could try and focus space travel research on a foreseeable end goal. A moon base would be a good start, and an installation on Mars would be even better. But for any kind of large-scale manned space exploration projects to be economically feasible, we need a space elevator.

I don't want to muck around with low earth orbit or space tourists.

I don't want more unmanned probes sampling chips of ice and dirt.

I don't want antiquated chemical rockets sending us floating lazily up to the heavens.

I want humankind to have the stars. By any means necessary.

----------

Imaginative enough for ya?
NightFox

Post by NightFox »

Alex wrote:Why study when you're already rich?
In my opinion, though not sure about yours, knowledge is much more valuable than money.
Money can lose value, but knowing things can't.
there is no such thing as luck. if there was, there would surely be at least one person with all of it, and nothing bad would happen to them ever. but as far as I can tell, bad things happen to everyone.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Alex wrote:
Beagle wrote:5) Put away ALL the money needed for a college education (aka several, several thousand dollars).
To learn how to take over the world so you can complete your collection with money, fame, and power.
Image Image
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I would lend quite a bit to my parents as we're not in the best situation, save quite a bit for my future (College, home, car(s), though not anything too expensive).

After studying the needed Majors I would publish music, signing some of the best bands and supporting them on tours, in studio, etc.

Afterwards, donate some money to the breast cancer foundation (my grandmother died of that), and try to live comfortably but not expensively for the rest of my life.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Alex wrote:
So what if I'm comfortable? I'm just one person. There are billions of other people dying of hunger, dirty water, disease, violence, etc. I'm not totally sure yet what I want to do for the rest of my life, but I want to do something productive that will help people. :P
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Alex wrote:
Why be uneducated when you have the means to be educated?
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Alex wrote:
Because that money can always leave as fast as it came. :3 You never know what can happen, and it always pays well to be ready and waiting for the worst case. Hey, just because I'm optimistic most the time doesn't mean I don't have a plan B just in case! Scout Motto: Be Prepared! :P
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Enty

Post by Enty »

Question: what degree of rich? Fiction 500 or normally rich?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Fiction500
This is not a signature.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I'd become even richer and famouser.

Then I'd share my wealth with orphanages for disabled orphans.

Then I'd open better schools in Nigeria.

Then I'd give money to a cure for cancer.

Then I'd build houses for the homeless.

And at the end of the day, I'd get myself a chocolate cake and share it with my family.
EvilTwin

Post by EvilTwin »

I'd start with buying a nice house or two, pay of any family or friends debt, finish my degree and then things would get interesting. I would fund a few worthy charities, travel a lot and commission the construction of a private yacht the size of a football stadium and use it to hold a Floating fur-con, I would give free tickets in return for charitable donations and hold it in a different port every six months. when not in use for a con I would use the ship as a base for ether sailing or helicoptering into cities I want to visit.
May you lead an interesting life.
Ozzy - S5 P7 E4 C3 I10 A8 L5
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I'd send 300k pencils in a truck to someone's house
(and yes, it has been calculated, 300k will fit)
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Z-Zman

Post by Z-Zman »

every month i would send $2000 to charity

Elephants are too big to fit in the Bible
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Give enough money to my country's society (Mexico) to make a revolution against the government and crime and make everything better by, of course, changing politics and, first of all, UPGRADE, UPDATE THE EDUCATION SYSTEM and make better schools.
I would give part of my money to charity, help Libya and Cuba and help Russia in any way as possible... and buy Peeps, chocolate glazed donuts, milk, a PPSh-41 and a Avtomatik Kalashnikova 1947 (Not real ones, of course!), some ushankas and tacos!

Buy a dog and a cat, buy a house in Khabarovsk and give some money to science to make some kind of thing to communicate with animals... yeah!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
ResTheRabbit

Post by ResTheRabbit »

I'd buy a private island in Canada and pay organizations such as SWAT, SUC, USMC, Spetsnaz, and various other organizations to let me train in all aspects of their martial arts and firearm knowledge. Then I'd buy several guns, most including sniper rifles (I'm a huge fan!) and practice constantly on my own private course. Second I'd own every copy of any movie and book I can find and catalog them in a private library of sorts. Then I'd frequently watch them and have friends and family over to have good times. Anything left over I'd invest in Mutual Funds with a 12% interest rate to sustain the fortune long-term. FInally, I'd frequently donate several hundred-thousand dollars to various charities world-wide (Most likely relief efforts and ones designed to help Africa with their civil wars).

I really hadn't thought that sounded good in my head but I'd say it's pretty organized after I typed it out. hmmm... Well if I win the lottery at least I have a plan!
Divinaparadiso4

Post by Divinaparadiso4 »

Tobee wrote:Go visit my boyfriend and buy a few more gigs of ram to my computer

and then send the rest to charity
Yeah that sounds just what I would do. Except I would get a whole new computer.
Hey look a distraction!!!!