Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Cerberusx

Re: current comic

Post by Cerberusx »

Dylan wrote:So...looks like the duo turned into a trio which turned into quad?

So if Peanut still wants Grape, why be so interested in Tarot? Then again, Grape likes Max and Max definitely likes Grape...but Tarot is just there to keep Peanut company, so that Peanut isn't lonely? ...Peanut seems to have the short straw, but Tarot is just awesome. But somewhere deep down, I think Peanut will meet Sabrina though Tarot.
I have to agree with everything you just said. Mainly because it made complete sence when I first read it. Very intrestingly put.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Liam

Post by Liam »

Haha, the facial expressions are killing me. XD

Nice idea not only that it just works with Peanut's mind, but that the spirits are eager to preserve causality.
EchoFireant wrote:but what happens if some parts of it is from Grape's fanfic? He did kinda read part of it after all and it is pridelands. Just saying XD
I thought the same and actually hope that this (and Spot) sneak in to the projection.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

oh no

it's going to be a giant Spot comic, isn't it
ImageImage
ImageImage
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

Sinder wrote:oh no

it's going to be a giant Spot comic, isn't it
If everything will go as I think - It will be hyperreal Pridelands surrounding with real(Or hyperreal) Spot-Peanut.
Or they can look like they all are characters of Peanut's comic - that would be funny too...
I'm from Russia, so please, don't pay attention to my terrible accent ;)
See me on DeviantArt.
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

Hmm... when Tarot and Grape first met, she gave this reason for needing to be with Peanut:
"The hour shall come to pass, your lives will be changed forever in ways you cannot imagine, for you stare now into the abyss, unable to comprehend what you see. The truth shall be brought to the light, and I fear that day for all who do not hold love in their hearts shall perish, and their souls will be broken into shards as countless as all the sand on the face of the earth."

So assuming this wasn't just a stand alone joke, and that it's part of the storyline, then there's some day coming where there will be a catastrophic event of some kind that will leave everyone that doesn't have love screwed, so Tarot came to effectively protect Peanut from that day by giving him love. Then there's the warning about Pete:
"This is what I have been warning you about! The gate must not be opened, for it will bring about the beginning of the end! This power grape knows as ‘Pete’ has transmitted a dream to her in order to put her at ease, thinking that his freedom is what she wants. Don’t believe it! Pete is neither kind nor good; he is actually sort of a jerk. Hurry, Peanut! Stop grape or we’re all in grave peril! Hugs and kisses, honey."

So that makes it sound like Pete is going to be the one that triggers or causes the catastrophe, which makes me think that the first warning really is part of the storyline. And now we learn that Peanut's is the only mind that Tarot can read for some reason (I'm assuming that it's actually limited to Peanut, and that she's not just choosing to only read his mind for some reason.) So is Peanut some kind of "chosen one," or key figure, destined to save the world, or at least part of it, and that's what brought Tarot to him? If that's true, then that means there is going to be some kind of epic doomsday scenario arc where Peanut saves the world...that would be frickin' awesome!

But speaking of today's strip, is it just me, or do most of the really good facial expressions seem to come from Max?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Spot the superdog saves Pridelands. everyone else is the villain.

I also get the feeling that in the world of pridelands, the pets will have to still wear their own material like they did in pretend. unless Tarot has the ability to make the characters EXACTLY like the characters from the book. being it's in their mind and all. Petir with the mind of Peanut/Max. whoo boy.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

GameCobra wrote:...unless Tarot has the ability to make the characters EXACTLY like the characters from the book...
Tarot can, I'm sure. If she made Max to feel himself to be lava - making him look like a Pridelands character wouldn't be a problem...
YoruOokami wrote:If that's true, then that means there is going to be some kind of epic doomsday scenario arc where Peanut saves the world...that would be frickin' awesome!
Yeah, but I don't think that we will see this arс in the nearest future. I would say, that it will happen after a year or two...
*hopekiller*
See me on DeviantArt.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Ya I can see Peanut turing it into a Spot the Super Dog thing.

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

RaptorAnton wrote:Tarot can, I'm sure. If she made Max to feel himself to be lava - making him look like a Pridelands character wouldn't be a problem...
Only thing that had me second guess thouigh was PEanut and his costume before falling into lava :lol:
arcict

Post by arcict »

I just rememberd that a lot of what I remember from the "pridelands" series isn't just about studmuffin lions and hyena minor villains, it's about a BIG conflict of which we only get glimpses.

I can't help but wonder if these four (I'm thinking that Tarot will find a place in which to put herself and not be excluded in this) will be caught up in it, with their own "secret"... well lets be blunt about it, the love triangle I believe will get caught up in the whole pridelands thing and the whole thing is going to come crashing down around them.

And since we don't know any real rules of the pridelands yet there is plenty of opportunity for Rick to make up some along the way so as to help the humor/hilarity and keep the comic a comic and less a graphic novel, lighter instead of heavier.

Either way, Rick is one author that I have yet to see disappoint in any real way. So I do say I am very much looking forward to the next comic or so...

DARN IT! AND IT'S ON A WEEKEND TOO, THAT MEANS WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT AN EXTRA DAY TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I think the reason for Tarot's inclination to only sift through Peanut's mind is more along the lines of comfort than inability. She knows Peanut, but Grape and Maxwell are basically strangers. I know I'd be reluctant to go dumpster-diving through the minds of people I barely knew...

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Something indeed tells me that Peanut's mind is going to produce something.... unexpected.
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

That almost made me remember... John Waters
And that would be horrible. I've never seen a movie by him luckily, but... well, people talk too much anyway.
If no one gets the joke it's probably for the best.
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Next week will no doubt be very satisfying. whether they get into the Prideland story hardcore or not, i'm totally going to be enjoying it and anxiously waiting to add some more info to my Prideland topic.

Mwahahaha. =3
YoruOokami

Post by YoruOokami »

RaptorAnton wrote:
YoruOokami wrote:If that's true, then that means there is going to be some kind of epic doomsday scenario arc where Peanut saves the world...that would be frickin' awesome!
Yeah, but I don't think that we will see this arс in the nearest future. I would say, that it will happen after a year or two...
*hopekiller*
lol, no worries, no hopes being killed here. I hope it isn't soon, as I would assume that will be what Rick goes to when he's ready to wrap things up with Housepets altogether, and I'm hoping that's not for many years at least. Though it could keep going on after such an arc, that's just when I would expect to see such an arc happen.
Dissension wrote:I think the reason for Tarot's inclination to only sift through Peanut's mind is more along the lines of comfort than inability. She knows Peanut, but Grape and Maxwell are basically strangers. I know I'd be reluctant to go dumpster-diving through the minds of people I barely knew...
Yeah, that's definitely the other possibility, but it's hard for me to say for sure which one it is, based on what we've gotten so far. Maybe we'll get something more concrete on it down the road.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Someone once said "Expect the unexpected" and I must say that sure seems to be the case right more then anything, oh the drama. *cough* (out side joke, I'm a Techie)

RaptorAnton

Post by RaptorAnton »

"Exclude the impossible, and what will remain, will be truth."
See me on DeviantArt.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

RaptorAnton wrote:"Exclude the impossible, and what will remain, will be truth."
And "truth and love concours all."

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Cerberusx wrote:
RaptorAnton wrote:"Exclude the impossible, and what will remain, will be truth."
And "truth and love concours all."
"Alllllllright, Let's do this! LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROY JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKINS!" :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

"Can we stop with the quotes?"
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
valerio

Post by valerio »

11 hours to new comic.... and counting...
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

I plan on checking it out and reviewing it as soon as it is out.

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Max's first line of the comic sums up quite well how i feel about the wait <_< >_>
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

I just realized that Max's ear does not look like it has the bite mark. I can't beleave I did not notice that.

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

There are obvious bite marks...

Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Dissension wrote:There are obvious bite marks...
But isnt the bite mark supposed to take up 1/3 to 1/2 of his right ear?

rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

There are obvious bite marks on about that much of his ear

Does everyone have their monitor brightness on 'none' or something?
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

What do you mean, Zach is gray?
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

....I'm unable to answer eather of those two questions, but I'd have to say no for you Rick and yes for yours Edly.

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

I had to login to say something...

Man, in nearly every comic in this arc, someone in the comments said, "Hey, where's Max's ear bite?" People need to look closer. Cat ears kinda curve! That makes it so his right facing 3/4 pose has us looking directly at where the ear is bitten...and cat's ears are fairly thin. That makes it hard to see, but it's still there; a part of the ear is ragged, if you look.

@Ebly: Ppppppphhhhhhh hahahahaha! I remember that. I fixed my monitor color after that...

Zach is actually gray, tinted with...was it purple or pink? I think it was purple. But it's mostly gray.

EDIT: Newest comic: 3/22/10

The squeeing made me laugh. Then alt-text self reference combined with the laughter from before had me on the floor writhing with laughter, as I attempted to not laugh aloud and wake up my sister. I'm not even kidding, folks. *Thumbs up*
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I loved this comic. For one thing, Pridelands is making its first "we can see it" appearance. Grape and Max are obviously ecstatic to be reliving their favorite books. Sadly, Peanut has not shown up yet...

Anyway, lions in tribal gear for the win. Forever.

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Dissension wrote:I loved this comic. For one thing, Pridelands is making its first "we can see it" appearance. Grape and Max are obviously ecstatic to be reliving their favorite books. Sadly, Peanut has not shown up yet...

Anyway, lions in tribal gear for the win. Forever.

So who's that other guy? Just a eunuch?
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

ChewyChewy wrote: So who's that other guy? Just a eunuch?
Probably a royal guard :P...Also, Squeee XD

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Uh, I would not go so far as to say eunuch... Just a nameless servant/guard, though.

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

EchoFireant wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote: So who's that other guy? Just a eunuch?
Probably a royal guard :P...Also, Squeee XD
I figured that, but he has no mane and is wearing one of those flap skirt thingies (I have no idea what they're called)....

EDIT: I'm not trying to raise the rating of the forums, sorry, but I was a little confused as to who that was and what was going on....
PF chars

--Phoenix

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I approve of this kitty arc.

Also, i wish i called this when i had the chance. Curse you, paranoia!
Fall of the Pridelands Alt Text wrote:No, this arc is NOT just an excuse to draw buff lions in tribal gear. At least, not entirely
Today's alt text wrote:This arc just became an excuse to draw lions in tribal wear
Sable

Post by Sable »

A chance to learn a cohesive segment of Pridelands, never a bad thing.

Peanut's lack of appearance means that his role is either REALLY important to the plot... or completely pointless.
I'm not sure which I should be expecting.

Either way, the chance to see lions in tribal wear is always worthwhile.
The first law of reason is that what exists, exists; what is is, and from this irreducible bedrock all knowledge is built.

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I wonder who/what Peanut WILL be, although I do have one guess....

Tarot I'm less sure about....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm not sure Tarot will be participating beyond serving as a sort of CPU for the adventure.

Also, Peanut is totally gonna be Saso. Just sayin'.

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Dissension wrote:I'm not sure Tarot will be participating beyond serving as a sort of CPU for the adventure.

Also, Peanut is totally gonna be Saso. Just sayin'.
That was my guess. Unless, of course, he's Spot (Superdog).... :roll:

And "rot in a croc's stomach"? I wonder where that line came from....
PF chars

--Phoenix