Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: CT 27: Diss Gets No Snuggles If He Doesn't Use This Nam

Post by Sleet »

Before Brawl came out I had the idea of alternate "outfits" that had each character a different appearance from their past. Like for Mario, you could be 8-Bit Mario, SMW Mario, Paper Mario, etc. They'd work the same, but look different.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

tv tropes has a list of all their alternate costumes. some of them don't hit you immediately. like kirby. his black and white version is supposed to be from the original game boy.
bwah bwah
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Really? Well, that makes sense, somehow.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Mareks

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Mareks »

Yeah, but then it's just a thread. The Gamer Army is for people who think about making a profession out of their skills. Along with my badge, I won 3K at the tournament. There's a fair amount of money you could make being a member of this group, and a lot of things you get to see about upcoming games LONG before they actually come out. You also get notified about chances of being Beta Testers for new games and such.

Just the other day I was offered to beta test a new game, it's called Firefall. It looks like a cross between Team Fortress and Halo. It's an MMORPG that doubles as a FPS. You can changes views from First Person to Third at any moment you want. I'm actually fairly impressed with what I've seen to far, and it's guaranteed to be an awesome play.

Another side of the Gamer Army are discounts. EB Games and Game Stop offers them to GA members. Halo wars was selling for $59CAD here, I got it for $34, brand new.

There's a lot of benefits to the GA.

@ Fox

Neckbeard? If you're referring to the slight bit of beard you see in my image... that's not on my neck. That's my jaw line. I keep my neck clean shaven.
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

I hate to admit, but it looks like it has really good advantages.
Mixing Capitalism with videogames is just great... but expensive and, sometimes, worths it.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Capitalism? Afraid I don't really know what that's about. I'm a strong NDP supporter... but I'll say nothing more since politics are apparently not allowed.
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Worry not, Mareks, it is just a... we could say a "little joke" I have between hands.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

As much as i love competitive gameplay levels that you explained it Mareks, it's hard to trust your money through competitive gameplaying these days unless you're playing something from a well-known organization. If only they could imcorporate stuff like this in real armies and boyscouts =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

And you know what, that's the funny thing. We have members, the majority of them actually, who are members of the military from USA, Canada, and even met one guy who was part of the Norwegian military. But I do know what you mean. I haven't competed in a game tournament in about a year now. So it's not a reliable source of income, and for those who do make it a profession, they travel alot to reach these tournaments, with no guarantee of a pay out. There's always the chance of not winning.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

*flails*

I want DOTA 2 NOWWWW D::

Anyone else who can't wait?:V
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Never heard if DOTA, sorry.

I'm on the lookout for Duke Nukem Forever myself! Game looks hilarious, and like quite a blast. :mrgreen:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I heard Duke Nukem Forever's gameplay wasn't too good, actually. I kind of saw it coming!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

i'm soooooooo getting the legend of zelda ocarina of time for the 3DS!... well... "borrow" it from a friend...... even if i already beat the original
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I need a 3DS so badly, hehe. I love the look of that new Pit Icarus game. As of LoZ, I've gotta admit, it has a decent trailor. I like what they've done to the graphics of the game. I hope it's just like the original.

I've heard the same about the game Sleet. Still, even if the gamplay's 'average' (just the word that the reviewer I saw kept calling it. I think it was a nice choice of words. thank Tobee for showing me the review), it still looks like quite a funny game. Besides, it's sure to be nothing compared to Halo 4 or MW 2 anyway. xD
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:I heard Duke Nukem Forever's gameplay wasn't too good, actually. I kind of saw it coming!
and how long have they had to develop that game? it seems it should be the best game ever after being in development for 14 years.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Sleet wrote:I heard Duke Nukem Forever's gameplay wasn't too good, actually. I kind of saw it coming!
and how long have they had to develop that game? it seems it should be the best game ever after being in development for 14 years.
Duke Nukem Forever has so mush hype that it will never live up to it.
Kuro

Post by Kuro »

Cwitt wrote:
Duke Nukem Forever has so mush hype that it will never live up to it.
Yep. Fourteen years of hype built up.. Nothing can ever live up to that. It'll be a normal, everyday game like any other game.
Everyone expects it to top anything and everything.
<signature>
</signature>
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

heh, everyone who doesn't know anything about real games at least (and hardcore fans).

The game still looks rather funny though. There's gotta be a lot of cool things in there as well. I enjoyed playing Duke Nukem on PS1, and most modern FPS games. I'm hoping I'll enjoy this game as well. :P
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

I need some help, can anyone assist?
So, I want to play this thing called "Play Station Home" on my PS3 (duh), but it says "This content cannot be accessed on you account".
the thing is, can I somehow play Play Station Home without making another account?
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's been under development for like one year. The other 13 were wasted. :P
44R0NM10 wrote:I need a 3DS so badly, hehe. I love the look of that new Pit Icarus game. As of LoZ, I've gotta admit, it has a decent trailor. I like what they've done to the graphics of the game. I hope it's just like the original.
Kid Icarus.

I need to get Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. I played the original plenty, but I never actually beat it all the way! I have a chance to do that now. Especially since I don't actually have any games for my 3DS. I've just been playing Pokémon White!
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Speaking of LoZ: OoT, was anyone else terrified by the forest temple?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That music is creepy!
redmarker97

Post by redmarker97 »

Its still quite amusing. But thats about it in terms of what it brings to the table, other than it 'doesn't hold your hand' as you play the game. You have to find your way, which isn't too hard.
Psykeout wrote:
redmarker97 wrote:WMD's.
Waterballoons of Mass Drenching.
Echo of Eden(Over XBL): "3 Kill Streak! Ford Pinto is read for combat!"
exranio

Post by exranio »

My friends found the game pretty good.

A whole bunch of people too used to cover systems and gritty warfare.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

If its a duke nukem game

You should overdo the game so much its silly

Like, really. If I would have bought the game, I would like to be able to blow anything that comes in my way up

including buildings etc!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

exranio wrote:My friends found the game pretty good.

A whole bunch of people too used to cover systems and gritty warfare.
I like the new Duke Nukem, but they went with a "stand in the corner and think about what you done to regen health" System.
I really really really really really hate that system.

I get oneshotted by nothings
I need to stand and stare at a wall for 10 seconds
I need to do cover fire
I need to run around a gaint pillar.

I'm the Duke darn it, I don't do cover fire and running away.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

They did that with the new GoldenEye too. It's a sign of the times, man...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

...today was the best day of my videogaming career.

Here's the story: Arenas in World of Warcraft are 2v2/3v3/5v5 competitions against other people in WoW Regardless of race and faction and server. When you join the arenas, you play a ranked match to determine your rankings. granted, i hardly do the arenas, but i decided with more things opening up in life, i give it a shot now.

For the past couple of weeks, i been doing great. This week though we were winning 8 games in a row. Then suddenly, an unexpected match happened.

I fought my sister. o_o

Granted, i didn't know it was my sister until the match started though. unlucky for her since i usually don't pay attention to the people i'm fighting against until the match was over, me and my partner easily beat her and her partner. but it was strange getting a Private message from my sister with the text "LOL" "HAI!" XD. She clearly knew it was me.

It was sad fighting my sister not knowing it was her, but after the match? I couldn't believe the odds of fighting my sister in a match. We both love playing games and play with different people, but it was a wonderful moment in a online game <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Bahaha. Reminds me of what I did yesterday.

Needed to keep my huge conquest point cap I have from 2s, so I get a friend to play a game with me. Queue up, we face two people from guild and win. They get mad because apparently, the death knight's mouse died. They swore they had me dead.

Fun times.
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

A friend and I we were talking about videogames we used to play long time ago and the things we used to do, one was staying in the Ballroom of Grabbed by the Ghoulies listening this song. Ahh... good times :'D
In a time warp from 2011.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Someone actually played Grabbed by the Ghoulies?
exranio

Post by exranio »

Not even Kazooie liked Grabbed by the ghoolies.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kazooie doesn't like most things.

Rare made fun of that game's performance a lot in Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts.
Shho13

Re: Captain Pea's Fantabulastic Thread For To Chat In

Post by Shho13 »

I know this is a PG-13 forum, I just want to ask without starting a new thread. Anyone else get Duke Nukem Forever? What did you think? I personally LOVED it. I thought it was a great game! I expected to shoot up some bad guys, for tons of classic Duke one liners, explosions, and tons of profanity! I didn't get it for it to be realistic! Completely worth the 60 bucks!
exranio

Post by exranio »

So whats everyone's favorite Legend of Zelda game.

I actually havn't played any ,but my favroit is Majora's mask.
The whole "you have 3 days" thing appeals to me. I love time management and feeling in a rush the whole way.
Secondly its the creepiest one. I hate horror and avoid anything horror, but I love creepy.
Its just plain appeals to me more than any other.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'll always be the biggest fan of LoZ: Twilight Princess. I find the game's overall gritty graphics to be more powerful then most others (even if they were limited in their time). I found the overall story to be really good as well, and found Midna a great character.

Also, I think the mini-game's that needed you to use the wii-mote (fishing, for example) were really great. :mrgreen: The collectibles were really great as well, and made you feel like it was much better to collect them (bugs and poes souls).
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

I would have to say Twilight Princess, just because of the bosses. They were all utterly massive and awesome!!!
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Robin Williams' daughter was named after Princess Zelda. Zelda Williams is an awesome name, and she utterly loves Ocarina of Time 3D.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

exranio wrote:So whats everyone's favorite Legend of Zelda game.
Windwaker, I highly enjoyed the ability to travel through the lands like that, and mapping the areas I actually found positively fun. ^^ Every map has its unique area. :3
My second favorite is the Adventures of Link. >_> ..........What? I am a glutton for punishment sometimes....though I have my limits......
*Glares at Ninja Gaiden*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I am a failure of a Nintendo fan because I have a very patchy Zelda experience. Twilight Princess is the only one I played from start to finish by myself. Ocarina of Time I played pieces of with friends, and I didn't get very far in Wind Waker.

I hope to remedy this, however. I'll be getting the Ocarina of Time remake for the 3DS, and then Psykeout is going to make me finish Wind Waker.