Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Frooxius

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Frooxius »

Joy: I just noticed that Housepets theme video I made exceeded 10 000 views! Yaay! Image Image

I wonder if the second one I'm working on will be also that popular.
Kind-of-sorrow: even though people like the video, they don't like me even though I put a lot of effort into it Image
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Sorrow: The computer I am on seems to have 9025 Malware viruses since I last turned it on. Win32 is what it obviously is. That has broken my computer 8 times already. 9 now I guess, I hope that kill program still works.
Image 9025? How is that even possible? Where did you get that number? Don't you mean that you have 9025 infected files? But 9025 viruses, running at once... your computer wouldn't be even usable, not to mention I have no idea where you could get such insane number.

Win32 is name of a platform, not any virus. But names of viruses are usually written as platformname/malwarefamily, for example Win32/Induc (nasty one, infected Delphi installations and it spread into a lot of legitimate apps distributed over the internet, I remember that we had problem with the magazine I work for with that: we included a program on the CD, which later turned out to contain virus - Win32/Induc, that wasn't known before, unfortunatelly the CD's were already manufactured, though the magazine itself wasn't finished yet).

But you should seriously do something about it and clean your computer and also take some steps towards better security. From what I understand, it's not the first time this has happened, so somebody is doing on that computer something quite reckless, that gets it infected very often...
Last edited by Frooxius on Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I am the only one who uses it. I generally check the forums, watch videos, and play games only on it. It is always the exact same virus. It was files infected. My brother erased them all for now.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Well then you're doing something you shouldn't, that causes the infection or you don't have sufficient protection - updated system and enabled firewall, assuming your IP is not hidden behind NAT. And if it's the same virus (which one by the way?) are you sure it even got removed properly? Just because you erase all the infected files doesn't mean it's not hidden elsewhere. Not to mention, there can be another virus/rootkit (rootkits are especially bad, because they operate in ring 0 and they have complete control over anything, even standard reading from the disk, so they can tamper with the security software, so it's more difficult to detect them) hidden in your computer, that downloads other viruses, not to mention that according to your screen, you did just quick scan.

Edit: Also the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware doesn't provide real-time protection, which is VERY important to security. Do you have any kind of real-time protection or did you pay for the full version? (I hope you're not one of these, who pirate antimalware software, because you never know who tampered with the cracked version, so it's basically like giving a notorious thief keys from your house and asking him to look after it, while you go to vacation, not to mention that it's kind of rude to the security experts who work hard every day to fight the security threats and keep the AV SW updated)
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Flint: It looks like you have a lot of junk files, not viruses, and I know there's programs to clean junk files.

Sorrow: I have to cancel my cell phone, so I'm basically cut off from all my friends miles away. :(
Sorrow: It seems i don't get much respect from anyone, and it seems it's impossible for anyone to keep promises.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Kitela: since when an antimalware software searches for a junk files during antimalware scan and calls them "infected"? Image They're definitely not junk files, maybe you should've read his post and screen more carefully.
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sorry you're having trouble, Flint. :( Computers scare me.... :oops: Odd since I spend so much time on mine....
Kitela wrote:Flint: It looks like you have a lot of junk files, not viruses, and I know there's programs to clean junk files.

Sorrow: I have to cancel my cell phone, so I'm basically cut off from all my friends miles away. :(
Sorrow: It seems i don't get much respect from anyone, and it seems it's impossible for anyone to keep promises.
Sorry to hear that, Kitela. :( Such people who will respect you and keep promises DO exist, even if you haven't found them.... Where DO people keep finding those types anyway? That seems to be a common complaint.... :?
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

That's why I do my absolute best to keep my promises. I hate seeing people sad that their friends can't keep promises. :(

Joy: Mom got the job she wanted with a good salary and only a few miles from home! :mrgreen:

Sorrow: I can't play TF2 on either of my computers. >.>
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joy: the color of my name has changed.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Joy: the color of my name has changed.
This!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Do I even need to say it?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Joy: I stepped down being a global mod, which in turn lets me post and read things more carefully and allows me to be more active in the community! *crosses his arms and grins*
Make Pasta not war.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Joy: I'm a global mod now, which means I have to spend more time doing stuff. That said, there are also more forum mods now, so maybe I won't be overtaxed. x3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dissension wrote:Joy: I'm a global mod now, which means I have to spend more time doing stuff. That said, there are also more forum mods now, so maybe I won't be overtaxed. x3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uQ76qrlK78

Well anyway, congrats xD
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Sorrow: I have a terrible headache and cant fall asleep.
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Dissension: How is that a joy? Image Moderating seems like a necessary nuisance to me (to be the one doing it) and stealing time that can be used to work on something, so it's quite surprising that anyone views that as a joy.
I just remembered how I was offered moderating a large computer forum of the publishing company I work for, along with the other editors, but if I remember, everyone refused. It simply takes a lot of time and isn't paid unlike writing a few articles for the following day (and sometimes some time ahead), so we usually pick some volunteers from the members and editors don't usually mod, because they're busy preparing the content for main sites, so I thought that it feels like nuisance pretty much to anyone.

Aaaanyway sorrow: Blender decided to crash when I let it render something during it night. Image

But also the joy I forgot: Microsoft Office 2010 for Home and Small Business (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote) arrived at friday and I like it even more than Office 2007! (well I tried it long ago, since the early betas, but now I have the full final version) Image
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP
Vespier Leo

Post by Vespier Leo »

Sorrow: I couldn't Sleep Last night.

Sorrow: Lost chance to be a mod.

Sorrow: This last week has been full of Tragity and dissapointment, so much so that I am feeling very down right now. I don't usually get this way and I hate it when it happens. I don't know when I will get better, It might take a while, but I ask that you bear with me, Thank you all. :cry:

Stranger things have happened, and do, with alarming regularity.

--Vespier R. Leo
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vespier Leo wrote:Sorrow: I couldn't Sleep Last night.

Sorrow: This last week has been full of Tragity and dissapointment, so much so that I am feeling very down right now. I don't usually get this way and I hate it when it happens. I don't know when I will get better, It might take a while, but I ask that you bear with me, Thank you all. :cry:
However long you need, Vespier Leo. Sorry about your woes. :(
PF chars

--Phoenix

kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Vespier Leo wrote:Sorrow: I couldn't Sleep Last night.

*hugs Vespier Leo* Just let it all out. And like Chewy said, take as long as you want.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

Joy: I walk from my job to my house... alone... why a joy? because i used plastic transparent gloves all the time!! people saw me weird an laughed!
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
Vespier Leo

Post by Vespier Leo »

My week just gets worse and worse.

Sorrow: Had to go move the furnature from my late grandmother's room in the pouring rain.

Sorrow: My shoe was burned and my foot was to.

Sorrow: My suit, That I have to ware to the funeral on wensday, finally wore out the seems in the arms. I went to get a new one and upone getting it home the buttons were missing. I now have to put more buttons on it. And the soles are now comming off of the new shoes I got to go with it..... Why does all of this have to happen to me? :cry:

Stranger things have happened, and do, with alarming regularity.

--Vespier R. Leo
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sorrow: I passed out in the shower and bumped my head, I told my mom to set up a doctors appointment and she's saying that it's genetic and that I shouldn't worry. I say that leaving it alone is the stupidest thing you can possibly do and that I NEED to see a doctor. I hate her so much right now.
Sent from my conifer.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yehoshua wrote:Sorrow: I passed out in the shower and bumped my head, I told my mom to set up a doctors appointment and she's saying that it's genetic and that I shouldn't worry. I say that leaving it alone is the stupidest thing you can possibly do and that I NEED to see a doctor. I hate her so much right now.
well, if it truly is genetic, then unless it needs medication, someone in your family will know how to handle it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

My mom says that it happens to her and my sister sometimes too but doesn't that mean that we should worry that much more!? I hit my head pretty hard.
Sent from my conifer.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yehoshua wrote:My mom says that it happens to her and my sister sometimes too but doesn't that mean that we should worry that much more!? I hit my head pretty hard.
probably. at least to make sure you don't have a concussion or something.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I really hope it wasn't that bad, I don't even know how it happened, I felt like I was losing it so I closed the water and opened the shower door, I passed out right away and I don't even remember opening the door.

Joy: I don't feel faint but my head still hurts.
Sent from my conifer.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Vespier Leo wrote:My week just gets worse and worse.

Sorrow: Had to go move the furnature from my late grandmother's room in the pouring rain.

Sorrow: My shoe was burned and my foot was to.

Sorrow: My suit, That I have to ware to the funeral on wensday, finally wore out the seems in the arms. I went to get a new one and upone getting it home the buttons were missing. I now have to put more buttons on it. And the soles are now comming off of the new shoes I got to go with it..... Why does all of this have to happen to me? :cry:
:(

Hang in there.... And take comfort from your friends in the meantime. *hugs*

And yehoshua, I think you're right--genetic or not, that can't continue. :?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Ah, decided to go down to the shore for a couple days... Jersey Shore FTW (Nothing like the TV show...)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy: I'm travelling again! I really love the journey back home. Currently, I'm waiting at the airport for my flight back next morning. Another 1000km to go~

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Yesterday's Joy:
I played pool with a friend and I won!
I went bowling with a friend, it was awesome! Even if he and his little sister won "^.^

Yesterday's Sorrow:
My right thumb hurts because of those bowling balls.

Today's Joy:
I literally had the most awesome dream of all my life. Firetrucking awesome.
I added the word "Firetruck" to the dictionary.

Today's Sorrow:
IT'S TO FRIGGIN' HOT IN HERE!!!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Eheh, uh, I know I am a bit late to the game here, but JOY: I am a mod! Yay!

Sorrow: Had food poisoning this weekend. Ugh...

Sorrow: Legs just gave out on me on Sunday, hit my chest on the corner of a piece of furniture. Now I have a shallow, moderately sized gash on my chest I cannot lay on.

Sorrow: There goes another paycheck I just got.... darn bills.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: Been at my dads this weekend
Joy: Went to my sister on monday and stayed there till yesterday
Joy: had an awesome time at both.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Joy: My kitten has healed from his tired limping state. The veterinarian sure messed his leg up.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: I watched super 8 yesterday, it was awesome.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Joy:
I'll hang out with some friends and go to a buffet with them! After that, I guess we will do something stupid as always... I can't wait!

Sorrow:
The darn weather is making me sick, it's making my throat hurt. ACK, my larynx!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Sorrow: Someone stole my debit card number, and stole nearly 500 dollars from my account! I was pretty unhappy this morning... I'll tell you that. UGH!!! :(

Joy: My bank is treating this very well... I'm Verrrrrrry happy about how they treated whole situation so far. Hopefully I will have that money back in 10 days.
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Sorrow: I'm gonna have to sell my baby chinchillas soon! :(

Joy: MONEY! :D
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: I am now Tiggy on here, too! :3
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

A lot has happened to me lately...

Joy: I'm at home!
Joy: My aunt's operation went well, and she's recovering. I'll be visiting her later.
Joy: I get to scan my hand-drawn pictures! Now to digitize them...

Sorrow: My whole body's still aching from all the cleaning up I did yesterday...
Sorrow: ... and there's more cleaning to do today T.T So, I'll not likely be able to do any drawing this week...
Sorrow: My aunt still need to undergo a mastectomy and maybe some chemo sessions after this...
Tiggy wrote:Joy: I am now Tiggy on here, too! :3
Tiggy~ <3

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Aww D: Well, I wish your aunt good luck and you good luck with the cleaning!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Me too. Any kind of surgery is no fun. :( (I know, I've had surgery before, but nothing on that order, thank goodness.)
PF chars

--Phoenix