HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly-In Character

Post by Keeshah »

Rav travels down to the end of the houses driveway, when his owner calls down to him.

Rav, SIT.. Stay! you know that whatever is going on down there, YOU don't need to be getting into it!
He looks back at his owner, then back down the street, and sits down upon his haunches like a normal doggie.. watching the game of chase going on. an coming down the street twords him.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Panting, Balbaroy sits up and looks to Eira. "Wow, things are pretty crazy today."
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav licks at his forepaw then at his tummy.. before getting back into the sitting posture.

His tall ears perked forward an attentive at the mass of confustion going on teasingly just down the street..
Seems that there are small groups sneeking off in all directions..
Lifting his muzzled snout up to sniff at the scents collecting in the breeze.. dogs.. cats.. but what are these other scents.. is the local wildlife invading from the park lands forest that back's up against the back of this housing development?

Shifting back an forth upon his forepaws with a whine.. Soooo wanting to go see whats going on!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
SilverFang

Post by SilverFang »

"Yeah, I know." Eira replied "I hope it's this fun all the time."

As Milo ran past the new dog sitting on the sidewalk he caught sight of a glint of metal around his mouth. Is that a muzzle? He thought looking back over his shoulder before he stumbled and barely managed to keep from falling. The twins had almost reached him, but before they could catch him, Milo Jumped on and climbed a nearby tree. "Can't get to me now, can you?" He taunted, laughing.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav turn an chases after the fleeing cat, his blackish muzzle highlighting the dull shine of the metal muzzle he is wearing.

Hey! whats going on.. he barks at the running feline.. standing up to his full 4' height looking up, as he comes up to the tree. watching the feline catishly climb up into the trees branches..
He then remembers the onrushing humans pups..UH Oh, thats not going to be good for me. he mutters, swinging his head several times from the twins to his new house where is owner is, as if deciding if it is better to stand his ground or run.
I'll be damned if i'm going to get chased out of my own yard
With a mighty leap, he is also now treed with the taunting feline.. the twins grasping his his tail as the big dog climbs up out of there reach.
Whats happening! whats going on.. why are these human pups chasing after you?
Looking down to be sure the twins are not climbing up after the them.

Some housepets fan art, with Rav in it. http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2308648
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Still painting Octavian sat down on the curb. "who knew people with such short legs could run so fast" he muttered to him self and laid down on the side walk.

what what? Jolly good time.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier walkes over to Octavian "That's children for you."

(I. NEED. TO. POST. MORE.)
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"Kids?" he painted "more like devils"

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav looks down at the bouncing kids..

They look hopped-up on sodapop an candy!
SilverFang

Post by SilverFang »

"Yeah they do." Milo said before reaching out his hand to Rav. "I'm Milo, nice to meet you."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

SilverFang wrote:"Yeah they do." Milo said before reaching out his hand to Rav. "I'm Milo, nice to meet you."

Rav leans out to sniff at the offered hand, in a way one might expect a feral canine to behave, through the confines of the metal muzzles cage on his snout. before re-gripping the tree in a hug, an reaching out to shake paws.

My human.. Umm my owner calls me, Rav now.
gripping an shaking the felines paw.
It is a pleasure to meet you..
Rav looks back down the street.
But why are your humans pups chasing you? an why are the police here?? what is happening down the street???
SilverFang

Post by SilverFang »

"Their chasing me because...well I got their attention, I suppose. Though I have no clue about the other two questions." Milo replied.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

SilverFang wrote:"Their chasing me because...well I got their attention, I suppose. Though I have no clue about the other two questions." Milo replied.

Rav watches the twins as they try to climb up after the treed pets, jumping an grabbing at the branches before one twin points back down the street. where another small group of pets have gathered, an the twins take off running after them now..
Well it looks like they have a short attention span, or they have found new easier prey to chase after.
Watching the twins run off, then perking up his ears as he tries to see whats going on with all the excitement down the street.
I wish i was allowed to leave the yard, so i...

OH MY GOWD! RAV! BAD DOG! stop chasing that cat!!
Rav's Mom chastises as she fumbles with a key chain.. Then there is a BZZZT! sound that comes from the collar hidden under his red neck scarf.

Vhat? Noof Noof iz nott chass IIIiIAaAGAGhh! yelp yelp!
Rav grabs at his BZZZT-ing collar.. his body swinging around the limb he was perched on, hanging inverted for a second before dropping through the branches to the ground with a heavy Throoomp!, a shower of twigs an leaves rain down on him.. twitch twitching on the ground.

Rav's mom comes running up to the fallen canine.
Rav! I'm sorry.. are you ok
She says as she kneels down in the grass over Rav, as she checks over her dog.

Rav pants an weezes on the ground..
Iz'll beez.. I'll be ok in a minute, after i catch my breath.. don't think i'm hurt.

She picks his up an holds Rav close an tightly in her arms, tears rolling down her cheeks.
What do you think you were doing? Don't you understand yet that they will take you from me, if you do anything wrong. an what will happen to you if they do?she sobs.

Rav tries to lick at his moms cheek through the grate of the muzzle.
I wasn't chasing the cat, I was hiding in the tree with him.. We both got chased up the tree by wild screaming kids. I thought it would be best to avoid all contact with them, than chance something happening.
Wagging his tail, as he is held in his owners arms.
Oh An the Cat's name is Milo.
Looking back up into the tree..
Milo, this is my owner.. Sara Ligerr
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Moments ago…

Venison was seated in a tree down the road from the house, attempting a stakeout to gather information.
Attempting.
“CAN’T. SEE. ANY DETAIL. Dangit, were are my freakn’ binocs?!? I coulda swore I put them in this pocket…”

His thoughts were interrupted when a moving van pulled into the driveway next to his tree. A German Shepherd stepped out.
“With a muzzle…and, a red dog tag?!? Yikes. Last time I tangled with a dog like that…”

His thought were interrupted again, when he heard running behind him. Looking back, he spotted a cat from earlier this morning. A cat who felt the need to jump into his tree. And apparently, the German Shep felt a need to as well. This, of course, jolted the tree, and Venison wasn’t holding on to anything.
“Gheeeeaugh!” he tried muffling his voice of panic as he lost balance. He locked his legs around the tree branch he was sitting on, and grabbed out in panic, grabbing another branch. While he didn’t fall, he was now in a rather uncomfortable horizontal position suspended from a tree, over two rather oblivious pets.

“My human.. Umm my owner calls me, Rav now.
gripping an shaking the felines paw.
It is a pleasure to meet you..
Rav looks back down the street.
But why are your humans pups chasing you? an why are the police here?? what is happening down the street???” Asked Rav.

"They’re chasing me because...well, I got their attention, I suppose. Though I have no clue about the other two questions." Milo replied.

‘Eeeeeeeeeeek.’ Venison thought. ‘Don’t look up, don’t look up, please, don’t look up…’

And then Venison cringed as he heard a horrible electric sound. Shock collar would figure with a red-tag dog, although it made no sense as to why the owner set it off. A dog wouldn’t be chasing a cat if he were in the tree with the cat, sitting.

‘Now, how do I get myself back up?’ Venison thought to himself. ‘Well, as long as they have no reason to look back up, I can take my time…

“I wasn't chasing the cat, I was hiding in the tree with him.. We both got chased up the tree by wild screaming kids. I thought it would be best to avoid all contact with them, than chance something happening.
Oh An the Cat's name is Milo.
Milo, this is my owner.. Sara Ligerr” Said Rav.

‘Crap,’ Venison thought. ‘They’re looking back up, aren’t they? Please don’t see me, please don’t see me…auuuuuuuuugh this is so uncomfortable…’
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

(Rav converts his Perception to a %, So 60% or under to see the dog in the tree tops. an gets a 60 on the roll. Rav's owner rolls a 100.. she doesn't even see the tree :oops:)

Rav blinks, staring up into the tree for a minute.. Having noticed branches at the top of the big tree are moving, when there is no wind blowing. but hasn't spotted the dark colored dog against the night sky yet. but the sun is coming up, an soon the dog hidden in the shadows will become visible.
Milo, are you shaking the tree? eighter i'm still seeing things from the fall, or the branches at the top of the tree seem to be moving on there own.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Finally catching his breath Octavian sits up and looks around for the twins. he saw them, running straight at him. behind the twins (a bit further back) there was a tree that had a dog and a human (presumably the dogs owner) crouching over the dog.
"Cier, run for you're life. NOW" He said while he got up, and then he ran straight at the twins.

"WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!" he yelled as he dodged past them. "Runrunrunrunrunurn" and sprinted to towards to tree.
"please let this human stop these devils" he thought to him self.

ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier stands back, watching as the twins chase octavian to the tree.
"Aren't you going to do something to help?"
"Shush, I'm trying to think of a way to get them away from us."

Cier looked over to where the police were talking to Jump's parents, who were apparently unaware that the twins were outside again. "Hmm." He started walking toward the humans.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
SilverFang

Post by SilverFang »

"No, I'm not shaking it. Just a minute." Milo said and climbed nimbly up to the branch that Venison was hanging on. "Oh hey your that dog from earlier. Whats up? You know that looks really uncomfortable." He said making no move to help Venison up.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav gets up onto his feet, perking his ears foreword with his tail bushed-up an out in a dominate doggie position, as he looks up into the tree. as Milo confirms there is another pet up in the tree-tops, an from his tone, one that might have had something to do with the trouble down the street.
Hey you up there, come on down out of the tree. I know you don't me to come up there after you!He barks, up at the dark shape up in the tree.

Who are you barking at?Rav's mom asks, looking cluelessly up into the tree.

There is another dog hiding in the tree, way up in the tip top branches
Rav points up into the branches where he believes the dog is hiding..
There is no where you can go, so come on down..
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Finally catching his breath Octavian sits up and looks around for the twins. he saw them, running straight at him. behind the twins (a bit further back) there was a tree that had a dog and a human (presumably the dogs owner) crouching over the dog.
"Cier, run for you're life. NOW" He said while he got up, and then he ran straight at the twins.

"WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!" he yelled as he dodged past them. "Runrunrunrunrunurn" and sprinted to towards to tree.
"please let this human stop these devils" he thought to him self.

The giggling twins close in on the yelping vulpine at a dead run.
One twin turns left, the other turns right, both get a handful of fox pelt before meeting in the middle as the fox dashes between them with a solid thump! Both look startled.. then start crying drawing the attention of Jump's parents an the police, who start coming down the street.

Back down the street, Rav's mom sees the police coming down the street. She takes a hold of Rav's collar.
Come on.. Heel.. we need to get you inside the house, before they get down here.
Rav's lets himself be lead off into the house, while still watching the dog up in the tree..
You new friends are welcome to join you inside. she calls out to the gathered pets around the tree.
Let the police deal with the dog up in the tree if he had something to do with the disturbance down the street

See you had better come down now to me, or else the police are going to get you. Rav barks...

Rav blinks. an nearly trips as he is pulled along, as he spots the fox that comes running up to the group.. straining to sniff at this new pet..
What breed of dog are you?? he yelps to the fox as he is lead away into the house, the door left open so the other pets can follow..

Meanwhile, Jump's parents an the police have arrived at where the twins have fallen.. the police are now shining there flashlights down the street, attracted by the voices of pets the shouldn't be out at this time in the morning..
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Still Running (thinking that the twins where still right behind him) he was distracted by the dog being dragged into the house.
"wha?" he said but got no further because he tripped on the curb. CRUD! he thought and curled up into a ball waiting for the twins to pounce on him, but they didn't. he got up and looked around wearily, and the twins where no where to be seen.
"thank god, hopefully they went back to eating Tricks, or honey-combs or whatever they eat." he said and sat down at the base of the tree.

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Still Running (thinking that the twins where still right behind him) he was distracted by the dog being dragged into the house.
"wha?" he said but got no further because he tripped on the curb. CRUD! he thought and curled up into a ball waiting for the twins to pounce on him, but they didn't. he got up and looked around wearily, and the twins where no where to be seen.
"thank god, hopefully they went back to eating Tricks, or honey-combs or whatever they eat." he said and sat down at the base of the tree.

Rav appears in a front window, his muzzled nose going "clink" on the glass, as if he is going to be able to sniff at this strange new pet through the window pane.
He tall ears perked up an foreword, watching the fox trip an fall.. issuing a soft whine.. wanting to go see if this strange new (to him) pet, it's must be a pet, it is wearing a pet collar, is ok..
He nose an paws smearing the window glass, as his panting breath steams it up..
SilverFang

Post by SilverFang »

"You better get out of here." Milo said to Venison. "Your obviously not a pet so they'll probably take you to the pound." with that, Milo dropped out of the tree landing next to Octavian. "Hello again. Want to go inside with that new dog?" He asked before shouting down the street to Eira "Hey! Come on Eira!"

Eira looked up as she heard Milo calling for her. "I wonder what Milo wants? Lets go see Balbaroy." She said and headed in the direction of the tree.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison yelled out to Milo, who was on the ground. "NO. I'm in a tree, where it's safe. Less people and pets can see me, and I know well how to avoid capture, so I don't need advice there. And I'm not coming out of this tree while there's an angry red-tagger on the ground. The last time I had to fight one of those pets, I had to..."

*k-k-k-k-kkkkrrrrrrack*

"Oh, seriously, what have I done wrong recently to deserve this? My luck is just broke today."

Venison fell straight out of the tree, landing chest first next to Milo and Octavian.

"Ow," Said Venison. He flipped over and sat up. 'It's bad enough I just fell out of a tree. Now, I'm surrounded by rather angry pets. Wonderful,' He thought.

"At this point, I may as well introduce myself, so you know who you are attacking. I call myself Venison. I can explain what I was doing this morning, later." He turned to Octavian. "And you. You mucked up my escape. But at the same time, you inadvertently helped me escape, so I owe you a favor. And also..." He turned to Milo. "You'd be surprised how easy it is to avoid police. Besides, as long as I apologize and pay for damages, the humans won't be angry. It's not like this is the first time this has happened. You'd also be surprised how every human I meet I can convince that I am wearing dog tags. Well, what I was doing in that tree...I was trying to figure out if it was safe to go apologize, but apparently, not yet. So I suppose I will stay with all of you for now, provided I don't get attacked...and provided that is okay."
Keeshah
Game Master

Let it rain down on me now!

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:Venison yelled out to Milo, who was on the ground. "NO. I'm in a tree, where it's safe. Less people and pets can see me, and I know well how to avoid capture, so I don't need advice there. And I'm not coming out of this tree while there's an angry red-tagger on the ground. The last time I had to fight one of those pets, I had to..."

*k-k-k-k-kkkkrrrrrrack*

"Oh, seriously, what have I done wrong recently to deserve this? My luck is just broke today."

As if on Q, rain drops start lightly falling about the pets gathered outside. soon followed by a flash of lighting, an a low rumbling thunder of an approaching morning storm.
Venison fell straight out of the tree, landing chest first next to Milo and Octavian.

"Ow," Said Venison. He flipped over and sat up. 'It's bad enough I just fell out of a tree. Now, I'm surrounded by rather angry pets. Wonderful,' He thought.

"At this point, I may as well introduce myself, so you know who you are attacking. I call myself Venison. I can explain what I was doing this morning, later." He turned to Octavian. "And you. You mucked up my escape. But at the same time, you inadvertently helped me escape, so I owe you a favor. And also..." He turned to Milo. "You'd be surprised how easy it is to avoid police. Besides, as long as I apologize and pay for damages, the humans won't be angry. It's not like this is the first time this has happened. You'd also be surprised how every human I meet I can convince that I am wearing dog tags. Well, what I was doing in that tree...I was trying to figure out if it was safe to go apologize, but apparently, not yet. So I suppose I will stay with all of you for now, provided I don't get attacked...and provided that is okay."

Kaaa-Boooomm rumbles off in the distance, as larger raindrops start falling, as well as there being more of them. the scent of rain is heavy in the air now, as the rate of falling rain just keeps increasing.
The police which have gotten quite close now, have turned around an are dashing back to their police car, to get there rain jackets, before continuing to search for suspect wayward pets..
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

When it started raining octavian said "dang it, it rained yesterday too, danged freezing rain" then he addressed Venison "so i finally know you're name Venison... wait.. Venison? like the meat?" the he burst out laughing. "heeheh... okay i think i'm going to go in" he said still giggling. and walked to the house door, but not with out noticing the dog smearing the window.
he did a double take but still went inside.

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:When it started raining octavian said "dang it, it rained yesterday too, danged freezing rain" then he addressed Venison "so i finally know you're name Venison... wait.. Venison? like the meat?" the he burst out laughing. "heeheh... okay i think i'm going to go in" he said still giggling. and walked to the house door, but not with out noticing the dog smearing the window.

Rav come running-up from the front room window, thump thump thump.. Meeting Octavian in the foyer, his tail wagging a mile a minute, as he intently sniffs and circles the fox down on all fours excitedly, while trying to not look so looming an threatening. exploring this new type of pet species from every angle, as he vacuums in the foxes scents an smells.

Sara comes up an lightly baps Rav between the ears.
Rav back off, let them get in the door before they all get soaked.
Sara hands the fox a towel, from the pile that she has brought to the door.
Rav back peddles, and sits back down upon his haunches, his tail still excitedly sweeping the carpeted floor behind him.
But But i have never seen a pet like him before!
Rav thinks, then copies the greeting Milo had used before, reaching out with his forepaw.
Hello I am Rav, so glad to meet you... shake paws?he asks awkwardly.
Sara giggles.
I'm sorry, I'm afraid Rav has never met an exotic type pet before, where we are from, they were not allowed.
SilverFang

Post by SilverFang »

Milo shook Ravs paw again. "Hello again. This is Eira." He said motioning to the fox standing behind him.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

" 'Exotic'? hmpf... any way I'm Octavian, i'm a Tame Silver fox. i my Grandmother was Domesticated in Russia" he said.
and i thought this place was mundane he thought "thanks for getting us out of the rain" he said as he started rubbing himself with the towel. when he was done he was a walking fuzzball.

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:When it started raining octavian said "dang it, it rained yesterday too, danged freezing rain" then he addressed Venison "so i finally know you're name Venison... wait.. Venison? like the meat?" the he burst out laughing. "heeheh... okay i think i'm going to go in" he said still giggling. and walked to the house door, but not with out noticing the dog smearing the window.
"Yes, my name is the same as the one for deer meat. Some pets have called me Buck. You try coming up with a name for yourself, you'll find it is not at all easy...Wait, we're going in the red-tagger's house? I don't think..."

Venison noticed the police car coming up the street.

"Hmm. Red-tagger, police. Red-tagger, police...He's got a shock collar, and a muzzle. I'll win if I must fight. And it will be nice to be out of the rain for once."

Venison trailed behind the other pets into Rav's house.
Keeshah
Game Master

Comming in from the rain..

Post by Keeshah »

Sara give Rav the pile of towels to hand out.
Here Rav make yourself useful, instead of a hindrance. hand these out, an lead everyone into the den. while i go fix something to warm up your new friends.
She pats pats the towel fluff'ed up fox on his head as she goes off into the kitchen..

Rav gives out a towel to Milo, as he shakes his paw again..
an then gives one out to Eira. Blinking as seeing the second fox up close in his life.
He looks back an forth between the two foxes.. with wide swings of his long muzzled snout.
It is nice to meet you to as well, miss Eira.. Are you an Octavian mates??
he asks with a perfectly straight face.
"Yes, my name is the same as the one for deer meat. Some pets have called me Buck. You try coming up with a name for yourself, you'll find it is not at all easy...Wait, we're going in the red-tagger's house? I don't think..."
Rav perks up his ears catching a bit of the conversation, between the dog an fox..
Rav unfolds the towel, and wraps it about Venison shoulders, as he finally decides to come in from the rain. He briefly meets Venison's eyes with his own, as he rubs down the wet collarless dog with the towel. Rav steps up close to press against Venison's back, in a dominance display, while bringing his muzzled muzzle up to Venison's ear.
(for those who make there Perception, you will notice, Rav has his ears laid back, his tail is almost up between his legs, and the whites of his eyes are showing, his body language showing fearful an submissive, as he half whispers in Venison's ear.)
You.. You know that i have been tagged with a redtag? an you know what these redtags mean??
Rav nervously adjusted his doggie scarf, so it is properly covering his collar an tags fully again.

Rav steps back, fluffing up his tail, and perking his ears forward..
The den is down the hallway to the left here.he barks, leading the group into the den..

The den is entered from the back left corner.. along the back wall is a big cushy couch, that faces a fireplace, with a flat screen TV over it on the front wall. there is a rocking recliner at the midway point of the left an right walls, along with a few beanbag chairs.

Rav, clicks on the tv, then gives the remote to Milo. as he goes to stack logs into the fireplace.
Remember to open the damper, if you light a fire.. lets not have a smokehouse again dear..
Rav looks around with a puzzled look of, how did she know i was doing this? but reached up an opened the damper, which he forgot to do again.
balling up newspapers under the logs an lights them with long grill lighter, so his fur doesn't get singed.. closing the screens as the logs start to burn..
SilverFang

Post by SilverFang »

"N-no." Eira stuttered blushing at Rav's question. She quickly dried off with the towel and followed them into the den.

Milo took the remote from Rav. "Okay." He said before handing the remote to Venison. "Here, you use this." Milo dried off with the towel. "Where can I put this?" He asked looking around.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

When Rav asks the question Octavian just Blushed and sat down. "Well, seems as tough you live a nice life Rav" he said
"where did you move from?" he asked.

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav grins through his metal muzzle at the two blushing foxes..
well yes, you would need your owners permission to be mates..it was like that for me too..he trails off..

Oh here i'll take those.
As he gathers up the wet towels an trots off with them, dropping them down a laundry chute.
scampering back to the den.

We come from a place the humans called, indeenapious Indiana
he slurs, having trouble barking out the city with his long muzzle.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison stood there for a second, caught slightly off guard at Rav's remark. Not so much by the remark as the tone of his voice, however.

'That must be the first red-tag dog that sounded ashamed that I spotted his tags...and with the scarf...I guess I'll talk to him about this later, when the other pets aren't around. It seems like he doesn't want them to know. I'd suppose that pets normally don't know what red-tags mean...but then again, I'm not a pet. I'm a stray.' He thought.

His thoughts were interrupted by Milo, who put a TV remote in his hand.

"...I don't watch TV. I wouldn't know what channel to..." Venison stopped talking to observe the room. "Wait, Rav, didn't you just move in about an hour ago? Wow, those movers work faster than I can."

"...Right. So you're from the city? I travel a lot myself. Why would you move all the way from..."
"..."
"Actually, nevermind. So did you fair well in the city?
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

(Dang I fell behind. I was there the whole time. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)
Shaking himself off a little he replies, "This isn't a city? Where I come from you would never see so many houses this close together. Back home this would be downtown."
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"I would imagine Australia to be mainly devoid of housing. Mostly desert I believe? Well, not desert. It's called something else, although I can't remember the exact name currently...So I will call it 'outback'. Of course, this all depends on whether I have correctly placed your accent. Anyway, in the U.S., this is just a small town. Not quite a suburbia, not a self supporting city. Just a town. Trust me, I know what a city is like. It is very, pardon the expression, dog eat dog in the city. Or you could sum up my entire line of thought by saying, this isn't a city, because a city sucks," said Venison.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

He sighs a little. "Nah, it's New Zealand, not Australia. Most people from New Zealand will get offended if you call them Australian. Most people have never even heard of it, but New Zealand is no desert. It's got mountains and streams and rivers and valleys, all beautiful. I've almost been from North Cape to Bluff. What really got me was... was..." All of a sudden his eyes grow wide as he looks over at the TV. "within the automobile all! I ain't never seen a tellyvision like that. Certainly never one that large." He looks around back of it. "Or thin. Never seen one that wasn't box-shaped and couldn't be carried under yer arm." He then proceeds to gawk for a few minutes.

(Fun fact, a stereotype of New Zealanders is they are technologically behind, as in VHS still just coming in.)
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: His thoughts were interrupted by Milo, who put a TV remote in his hand.

"...I don't watch TV. I wouldn't know what channel to..." Venison stopped talking to observe the room. "Wait, Rav, didn't you just move in about an hour ago? Wow, those movers work faster than I can."
Rav watches as the remote gets passed around, seems no one knows a good station to turn too.
perking up his ears, at Venison's question of confusion.
Yes, I did get to move to my new home today.he says proudly with his tail wagging now behind him.
For the past 60 days i have been kenneled in the secured section of the local obedience school. working with my trainer.. As my Mom fought the legal battles over me. An got all moved an settled in this town herself. Rav flattens down his ears, an lowers his tail down quite a bit.
My trainer. Christopher, has brought me over here to visit, an..... to show my mom how to properly control me, an help me overcome my problems.Rav by this point has his ears splayed out to the sides, an his tail nearly tucked-up between his legs..

"...Right. So you're from the city? I travel a lot myself. Why would you move all the way from..."
"..."
"Actually, nevermind. So did you fair well in the city?

Rav shakes his head.. I thought i was doing what everyone wanted, that i was a good dog, a hero even.. But then the humans turned on me.

Rav looks up into Venison's eyes.
An whats your story? what happened to your collar an owner? were you also tagged like me??
Last edited by Keeshah on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeshah
Game Master

Din Din is served..

Post by Keeshah »

Rav's mom Sara, comes back to the Den with drinks, fresh brewed hot pet tea. an gatorade lemon-lime in a cooler.. and several glasses.
Help yourselves to what you would like to drink. she tells the assortment of pets that have gathered in the den.
Come here RavShe calls, As Rav goes over to her, She removes the metal muzzle from the big dog.
Now you behave yourself.. Oh, an here is your special cup.Handing Rav a kids covered "spillproof" glass, with spout.

Rav blushes, the insides of his ears turning a bright pink.. but he takes the glass, an fills it with the gatorade, an fits the cap onto it.. He tilts his muzzle up an pours the drink into his mouth..

Good good, now you all get along, an the stew should be ready soon.. she says. heading back into the kitchen..