HP character that is most like you/you identify with?

Discuss the comic here
Kitela

Re: HP character that is most like you/you identify with?

Post by Kitela »

yehoshua wrote:
Kitela wrote:I could relate my personality with Grape the most, considering that I'm laid back (calm) and introverted but sometimes extroverted when I feel like it.
Grape? Laid back? Broom to your face doesn't sound so laid back.
The only time I wouldn't be laid back is if someone were to... I don't know.. wake me up from a nap.

Or try to break into my kitchen like valerio said.

At least it's casual violence which is kind of laid back, which I can sort of relate to. x]
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yeah, a broom to the face seems like a pretty laid-back response to someone breaking into your kitchen and overturning trashcans. Most people would be more inclined to a baseball bat or a shotgun they keep in the attic. Lol.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Kondog

Post by Kondog »

Mine would have to be a mix of Bino and Tiger. I can be a real jerk from time to time and I know it, one of my micro talents is aggravating people till there breaking point. My various paranoias cause me teeter on the edge of sanity, and yet despite all that people still tend to follow me as if I was some kind of leader although, admittedly I am a excellent leader(I know exactly how to use pons). :lol:
Sami

Post by Sami »

I'm probably most like king, even though I try to be like peanut
Hi, I'm sami, =)
coconut

Post by coconut »

I feel like I get a lot of the same attention Fido does.When I'm around my friends, I'm usually the mature role model who's sort of looks out for everyone. But deep down I identify mostly with Peanut. We're both smart and creative characters, but can be really naive a lot of the time.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Peanut and King.

More like Peanut when I'm with friends (read: happy-go-lucky, acting silly, really naive)

Most of the time though, I really feel like King: insecure about own future, very secretive, withdrawn, not having many friends (which explains me acting like Peanut around them) and more often than not, a lonewolf.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I'm like Lester. I love RPG and HATE any dub for animes. Animes should exist with subtitles only! Unless they start hiring DECENT western voice actors.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
JohnWillow

Characters you are like

Post by JohnWillow »

I must say that I just love this series, especially the reactions Peanut has to a cat related incident.

One thing that gave me a shock to the system, and i seriously thought that a camera must've been hovering over my head for a good part of my life, was Res the cat who writes Pridelands.

I'm sorry if this is saying a lot after only just getting here but i want to explain how this character is totally like the man i was about a year ago. I too have my nose in a laptop for most of the day, concentrated on writing a novel of animal fiction which i've yet to complete. I too found it very surprising when people talk to strangers as if they are best friends when i couldnt muster a single interesting sentence that had more to do with everyday life than it did with books or the ideas for my stories. I am an acting student yet for a long time hadnt the confidence to talk to many people in public. I was very solitary and wrote long emails detailing my feelings if i wanted to become friends. I felt like i knew how to write what people talk like but i didnt know what comes naturally out of their mouth's.
That's behind me now, and funilly enough it's because i made friends with a girl while i was just sitting down drinking coffee and waiting to go rehearse. So when i came across Res i thought to myself that if this arc had come out a few years ago it might've given me the confidence that i needed. I want Res to come back and have the ending that i have. It's weird how things like this happens eh, you see your life written by a person on the other side of the world.

Have any of you encountered a character that is totally like you?
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
TensaZangetsu

Re: Characters you are like

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Honestly, I'm a bit of Spo, bino, and fox put together. Half the time I'll insult you, half the time I'll be nice to you, and I'll be annoying whenever I want :lol:
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Haha, that's a good one. I see you're a fan of kekkaishi. That used to be one of my favourite shows when i was more into anime. Always thought it was a bit too similar to bleach but still fun, especially the old man.

TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Yeah Madarao, and Hakubi are my two favorite characters.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

If I hypothetically were a moderator for this forum, I would be saying to stay on topic.

But since I'm not, I would instead say that I'm kind of like Joey and Fox with hints of Tarot and Res.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I suppose I'm like Lester to an Extent, but I'm probably a bit more like Peanut.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Irony

Post by Irony »

... I think the closest to a character that I am is Joey. ;u;

god im boring
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joey isn't boring at all.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am a bit of Joey and Fido put together, with just sprinkling of Tiger craziness.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

I admit it... I'm a bit like joey too, when it comes to anime.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I think im kind of like max
maybe
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Seth wrote:I think im kind of like max
maybe
How?
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Despite the constant assertations of the quiz, I think I am a bit of Fido and Bino in reality.
I can be all loving and chipper like Fido, as well as unbelievably bitter and vengeful like Bino. Thankfully, I am more like Fido than Bino most of the time, and it has only been when faced with a bad guy that my more Bino side comes out. Like in school; there were these bullies at my school whom I saw being completely nasty to other, weaker students. In his foolishness, he tried to be friends with me but I shunned him, I do not mix with anyone like him. He then made me a target for his goons, and, because they would not stop bothering me, they all got permanently expelled. :lol: Serves them right! The last year was the most peaceful, no bullies left to bother me!
Though those are the only times I am like Bino, and hopefully, those are the only times I ever will be like him.
Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

King for sure!!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I can't really put my finger on any of the characters I'm like

You guys should decide for me!

...maybe a little bit of tarot? just without the psychic part

Kingcorgi wrote:King for sure!!
I don't think you're anywhere near cynical and angry enough for that!
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You also give hints of Joey and the ferrets I think. Man can you talk. :B
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I just need to stay off the orange soda!!!
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I actually wasn't even thinking of that, amusingly enough.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I think King best describes me
IJustWantLove

Post by IJustWantLove »

As much as I would /love/ To describe myself as King. Im not >.< Im more like Sasha x3
"She was a child, and I was a child,
In this Kingdom by the sea.
But we loved with a love, that was more than love.
I and my Annabelle Lee"
"Anabelle Lee" By Edgar Allan Poe
Rollofthedice

Post by Rollofthedice »

Maxwell, and maybe... maybe some Joey, too.

I'm sarcastic and sometimes rude, and a big nerdy-nerd. Not at animes, though, at least.
Reminiscence: A Tale of Dreams - Complete
An Experiment - Ongoing: Story 2, 'The Babylon Incident', in progress!
Tired/Eternity/Broadsides: 'I did not have literary relations with those fanfics'

Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

Ebly wrote:I can't really put my finger on any of the characters I'm like

You guys should decide for me!

...maybe a little bit of tarot? just without the psychic part

Kingcorgi wrote:King for sure!!
I don't think you're anywhere near cynical and angry enough for that!

But you dont even know me....
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Kingcorgi wrote:But you dont even know me....
I think he was referring to the way you introduced yourself into the thread. Telling everyone that you're most like the often brooding, highly cynical, prone to bursts of anger character that is King, it seems kinda funny to say it with as much excitement as you did, and with as little explaining of -why- you are like him as you did.

As for me, I'm pretty sure I'm most like King. I tend to be highly sarcastic in almost any situation, I also tend to be mistrustful and sometimes disdainful of other people, and I am (though I've gotten much better over the years) very much prone to exploding with anger given the proper stimuli (I almost beat the -hell- out of several kids on multiple occasions in middle school because they made fun of me). And I far prefer, and more highly value, one close friend that I can trust with anything to a huge group of people that I get along with, but don't necessarily know on a more intimate level.

I've also definitely got a little bit of Joey in me. I used to be a pretty big anime fan (mostly the more generic ones like Naruto, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, but it counts I think), I participated in a table-top zombie apocalypse game last semester at college (basically DnD with zombies; it was awesome), and I am most definitely grouped among the "weirdos" in any given environment.

Aside from that... maybe Grape? I definitely enjoy my sleep. :3
Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

KJOokami wrote:
Kingcorgi wrote:But you dont even know me....
I think he was referring to the way you introduced yourself into the thread. Telling everyone that you're most like the often brooding, highly cynical, prone to bursts of anger character that is King, it seems kinda funny to say it with as much excitement as you did, and with as little explaining of -why- you are like him as you did.

As for me, I'm pretty sure I'm most like King. I tend to be highly sarcastic in almost any situation, I also tend to be mistrustful and sometimes disdainful of other people, and I am (though I've gotten much better over the years) very much prone to exploding with anger given the proper stimuli (I almost beat the -hell- out of several kids on multiple occasions in middle school because they made fun of me). And I far prefer, and more highly value, one close friend that I can trust with anything to a huge group of people that I get along with, but don't necessarily know on a more intimate level.

I've also definitely got a little bit of Joey in me. I used to be a pretty big anime fan (mostly the more generic ones like Naruto, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, but it counts I think), I participated in a table-top zombie apocalypse game last semester at college (basically DnD with zombies; it was awesome), and I am most definitely grouped among the "weirdos" in any given environment.

Aside from that... maybe Grape? I definitely enjoy my sleep. :3
Still If you ever get to know me i can be pretty the sensation of almost recognizing someone at a high school reunion but the guy doesn't have a nametag in any situation as well i suffered WAY to much in my life i have many horrible things i could tell you but i will keep that to myself if you want to know note me and ill tell you....
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Kingcorgi wrote:Still If you ever get to know me i can be pretty ***** in any situation as well i suffered WAY to much in my life i have many horrible things i could tell you but i will keep that to myself if you want to know note me and ill tell you....
Well, see? -That's- a little more believable King talk. You've even got the censored non-PG language in there. :p
Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

KJOokami wrote:
Kingcorgi wrote:Still If you ever get to know me i can be pretty ***** in any situation as well i suffered WAY to much in my life i have many horrible things i could tell you but i will keep that to myself if you want to know note me and ill tell you....
Well, see? -That's- a little more believable King talk. You've even got the censored non-PG language in there. :p
Told you....
Lophiiformes

Post by Lophiiformes »

I'm usually sarcastic and cynical, and am a bit sleepy times. I like to keep my friends few, but can spark a conversation with others fairly easily (though, I tend to choose not to). I sometimes blurt out random things during the middle of conversations. I have strong interests in certain subjects (eg. sabermetrics). I don't burst into anger often, unless my favorite teams are losing to a team like the Yankees or Habs. I can be very silly at times, but very serious in others. I'm fairly cool-headed.

I'd say my closest comparable is probably Grape.
McFly

Post by McFly »

I'm pretty much a mixture of Grape and Peanut, with a little Max in there too.
:?
Well ain't that dandy.
RancidRabbit

Post by RancidRabbit »

Let's see here, I'm loyal to friends, good-natured, a little cynical(but ain't we all?), a prankster, try to do a lot, usually a good go-to for advice, hard to annoy, easily falls for favors, kind of a leader, and usually looking out for others. Honestly the best description for characters would Fido and Spo combined cause I'm always giving snide comments after the fact as a joke while mostly being your general upstanding citizen.

Also, apparently I'm popular, a fact I didn't realize until my return home got a lot of attention. Looking at you 'Mmm Foot Flavored Speech'. Fortunately, being the youngest I have not subsequently created a maniacal thwarter of good times, however hilarious Bino may be.
"Rancid - its like a wine or cheese." "Or like roadkill!" ".....or like roadkill...."
Not a dead wizard
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I can be a bit like res, especially around new people! :lol:

And please stay on topic guys. There are topics you can take those conversations to and there is always PMing as well...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Heh, it's cool how much attention this topic is getting

Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

I think I'm quite like Grape (even though I'm a dude) - I love my sleep and like to think I'm a little sagely :mrgreen:

I can see myself in other characters, but Grape seems to be the one I relate to the most (especially the way she tolerates Peanut). Second would be Fox for his laid back persona and his love of books
efhosci

Post by efhosci »

Hi, I'm Daisy! :D

Seriously though, I would be mostly Joey/Tiger, the "weird one". Secondarily might be Fox or Peanut.