HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

EchoFireant

Re: Pet Friendly-Richardson Valley

Post by EchoFireant »

D-Singer wrote:“…Natalia…where is Marshall…and how long have I been out……did they follow us?”
"Marshall is acting as a lookout for us and Da, I've managed to convince them that we are told to stay indoors by our 'owner' because of the ferals. If they come back, I need you to pretend that you are sleeping."

Despite what she said, she could not help but worry for the GSD.

In the meantime, Marshall was still doing what he was doing in the first place and that is to avoid detection and look out for anything that could Animal Controllers.

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Stevie nodded, they had no choice, they had to get off the streets or else animal control would have better chances if they stayed outside too long. "the sooner we are out of here, the better..." saying as she followed Alex.

Amelia walked down a alleyway with Flare, heading towards a the group circle. Stevie looked up, "ah! Amelia! we have been waiting for you." Amelia took her seat in the circle. "So what did you want? " Stevie smiled as she laid back. "I wanted to know what you been working on." Amelia shrugged, this was perfect to show everyone that she is a candidate to be leader just like Stevie. "I've been working on a water filter that can..." Stevie laughed, "yes! that is perfect!" Amelia smiled when Stevie agreed, "of course it is perfect, we can have a supply of clean water for us and others..." Stevie laughing died down, "what? are you crazy?!?! that is a stupid idea, we should have them pay us for "clean water"...so we can get you more materials." Amelia confused just raised an eyebrow. "huh? I never thought of that..." Stevie and most of the circle grinned, "So you can help your pack after all...it's your duty after all, forever right?" Amelia hesitated but then nodded. "right, for my pack forever."

Dylan ducked just in time before Venison looked over his shoulder, "maybe...I should stay on your head if you are gonna look around like that..." Dylan looked at the collars that Venison was looking at and shrugged. "I dunno, I never had taste for something that hangs around my neck."
Make Pasta not war.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"Good..." Sekhmet said following Alex, Stevie said something but she was too angry at Stevie to pay attention **** you Stevie... I'll find a way to get you back for ruining the pack. she thought staring into space with just a slight frown. Animal Control, Ruining your pack, getting rid of some resource! I don't care. she glared at Stevie for half a second and then said "so how far is your house?"

what what? Jolly good time.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

"I don't know about that, but it was just awful when Wynn disappeared.. Del looked at the ground, her voice sad. "He barely ate at all the first few weeks, and hardly did anything at all.. She looked up at Venison. "He's mostly better now though." She shook her head, as if clearing the memories from her mind. "Anyway, as for what I needed sheet metal with a hole in it for, I was going to put a lens in it as part of a telescope I was making."
After Sean was done being examined by the vet, he was driven home where Mr. Burke made an early lunch for them. After he finished eating, he decided to head out and check out the neighborhood some more, though he was nervous about running into Animal Control. In order to avoid them, he decided to stay off the roads as much as possible, instead opting to go through yards with fences or bushes that he could easily hide behind.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

EchoFireant wrote:"Marshall is acting as a lookout for us and Da, I've managed to convince them that we are told to stay indoors by our 'owner' because of the ferals. If they come back, I need you to pretend that you are sleeping."
Blood tensed up at what the husky told him, making a low growl and slightly bearing his sharp canines. He was thoroughly disappointed that he had been followed. “D***…this is bad…if they catch me or Marshall……we’re all S.O.L…” The exhausted coydog strained to speak clearly between his long, drawn out breaths. He shut his eyes again to think of ways to ease the stressful situation. An idea came to mind, one involving that odd, but endlessly useful radio scanner Dustin used every so often for covert reasons. Maybe they could use it to tune into, and keep track of Animal Controls activity.

He inhaled deeply before trying to calmly explain. “Natalia…over above the counter there’s a black radio scanner…on a display mount…if you can…turn it on…and see if you can find one of AC’s frequencies…” Blood was being vague due to the fact that he had only used the device on one occasion, and was only relaying what was explained to him when being taught how to properly use it. He was really hoping that Natalia could figure it out, she seemed competent enough to Blood.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

ArgentFlame wrote:"I don't know about that, but it was just awful when Wynn disappeared.. Del looked at the ground, her voice sad. "He barely ate at all the first few weeks, and hardly did anything at all.. She looked up at Venison. "He's mostly better now though." She shook her head, as if clearing the memories from her mind. "Anyway, as for what I needed sheet metal with a hole in it for, I was going to put a lens in it as part of a telescope I was making."
Venison raised an eye ridge. "Telescope, huh? You ever get it to work? Because my eyesight sucks, and I lost my binoculars a while back...eh, what the heck am I asking? Eh, whatever...you try to make any other things?" Venison asked, pointedly.
Dylan wrote:Dylan ducked just in time before Venison looked over his shoulder, "maybe...I should stay on your head if you are gonna look around like that..." Dylan looked at the collars that Venison was looking at and shrugged. "I dunno, I never had taste for something that hangs around my neck."
"Eh, I've never liked it either, really. Itches something fierce, unless I wear it loose like this...do they even have mice collars?" Venison scooped Dylan of his own shoulder, and placed Dylan on top of Venison's head, next to his ear. "And I suppose I don't want to be telling you to duck all day long, so you're right. You can hold onto my ear, but if you fall into one of my ears, I'll fold it back." He tried to look at Del, but the angle was tough. "You wanna ride up there too?"
Keeshah wrote:Oh? Are you now purposing to be my pet of convenience?
Sara kneels down, so she can whisper with Venison..
I'm not opposed to the idea, but there will be a few strings.. No more attacks on animal control.. if you have a problem, please come to me with it. can you agree to that?

As for a collar, you should get one that goes with your eyes.
"Pet of convenience?' Phhhhh. Get real. I'm still nobodies' pet, and as soon as I can figure out a loophole to get a license number without a human, it's mine. But fine," Venison said, as he lowered his voice so that only Sara and the nearby animals could hear, "No more sieges on the animal control building. That wasn't my idea anyway...and I'd rather not have a bright green collar...at least, not all the time..."
caelei wrote:"How about something simple like this? Something generic and unremarkable, so as not to leave an impression on anyone you might meet while wearing them. Unless you want to be memorable. If so, maybe something like that." He pointed, face serious, to a bright green-and-orange striped tag, which glimmered with sparkles in the artificial light.
Venison gave a disgusted look at the collar in question. "One flamboyant collar," he made a circular motion around his neck, "is more, more, more than enough for me, thank you. A simple blue collar sounds like a nice idea...and maybe the green one on occasion too...both, maybe? It's up to you Sara. You're buying...but if we get one, I'd prefer the blue collar there," he said, pointing to a spot on the collar rack.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
caelei

Post by caelei »

stooooop giggling at meeeeeee!
No! we can't call the nurse!! I'd die of embarrassment!!
Now i know why they call these, collars of shame!..
Pavelle stifled her laughter, her face suddenly going perfectly blank, closing off emotions so she wouldn't hurt his feelings. She was getting good at shutting down like that, when she really wanted to. She motioned for Rav to come closer, saying, "Hold still for a second," before she began more closely inspecting the e-collar, and the three strips of strong-looking adhesive tape that was holding the two sides of the collar around Rav's neck. "If I could just get this..." she said quietly, sliding her fingers in between the two sides of the plastic cone. She tried to dig her claws in between the tape and the plastic, and steadily peeled a chunk of the first piece of tape off... a fourth of the way off, at least. "Rav, if you can hold still, I might be able to peel the super-sticky tape off. Maybe."

Meanwhile...
Felix nodded at Venison, wrinkling his nose at the brightly colored, extravagent section of tags, and turned to look out the window at the car. Cars were disgusting things, if you thought about it. Emitting poison into the air, moving at speeds fast enough to easily injure or kill... just hot, metal, cramped contraptions good for hardly anything. That was, unless you were a human/pet and were too lazy to walk where you were going. Of course, Felix had just ridden in one... but that was different. This was an emergency, and anyways. Coming to the hospital in the car was part of his disguise. He looked back at the others, suddenly feeling impatient, and said, "Are we all done in here, or what? I'd like to get going."

Magnus looked over as Felix said this, and though he walked to the front of the store to be ready to leave soon, he returned his eyes to the shelves.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky stood behind the whole group. Shifting his weight impatiently as he waited, listening to the conversation. He continued to sing his song to himself just trying to keep up. He was never great with talking to people and collar fashion definitely wasn't his forte. He seemed anxious to get to see those who got hurt when he had the chance to help. Hearing somebody introduce themselves to him he smiles. "Oh, uh... I'm Lucky. Pleased to meet you."
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

D-Singer wrote:
He inhaled deeply before trying to calmly explain. “Natalia…over above the counter there’s a black radio scanner…on a display mount…if you can…turn it on…and see if you can find one of AC’s frequencies…” Blood was being vague due to the fact that he had only used the device on one occasion, and was only relaying what was explained to him when being taught how to properly use it. He was really hoping that Natalia could figure it out, she seemed competent enough to Blood.

She looked towards the counter and saw it. "Why is this here?" she asked while switching it on and started turning the control knob to adjust the frequency. Moments later, she was listening in to the radio chatter.

"HOW COULD BOTH OF YOU <censored> LOSE THAT DOG?"

"He's fast and if the <censored> with the rifle didn't miss, we would've caught that <censored> by now."
"At least I'm not the one who decid- "

"Both of you just <censored>. Find that dog and bring him to me."

"I think I know where he went. There's a treeline near our area and if I guess right, he will be hiding there. If he is, then he isn't so smart after all not that resisting capture was smart as well."
"Whatever he is doing, I'll have a clear view this this time an-"
"Don't miss."
"Stop Cutting me off when I say som-"

"Good. I'll be there soon and don't do anything before that. Over and out."

At that, Natalia felt a cold chill. If Marshall was there, then he could be in trouble. However, the best course of action will be to stay in and make sure Blood is safe. Going out now and if spotted by the officers, it could somehow tip them off that she was hiding covering for Blood.

Marshall spotted the truck coming to a stop besides the treeline and decided that it would be best to wait for them to move into the tree cover as well. With their disregard towards waiting for the other officer to show up, they moved in, hoping to prove to him that they aren't incompetent.

Seeing this, Marshall took his cue to move out of cover, making sure that the two were behind him and out of sight and into the street. He had hoped to reach his home where he would be able to communicate with Natalia via her specially designed collar to say that he is fine. As luck would have it, A sudden sharp pain shot up from his chest from a dart that had hit him. The direction and angle of the dart certainly didn't come from woods, instead it came from somewhere in front of him.

As his mind traced the trajectory to it's origin, he saw that it was another officer, the very same person he had disarmed earlier and his..Rifle! Of all the things he forgot to do was to empty the disarmed rifle. He knew he didn't have much time but before he could do anything else, another one had hit him. He pulled that one out as well but he knew he couldn't do anything else to evade them now, seeing that he'd been hit and on an open street no less. Running back to the trailer or treeline was not an option as well.

The officer came up to him, a smirk forming on his face. "Not so tough are you now huh?" he said before deciding to remove Marshall's dog tags and threw it around the corner of the street.

"What do you think...you're...doin...with my tags" said the shepherd as he soon collapses on the street, looking at the still smirking face.

"Nothing much. Just to justify my actions."

"Officers....aren..'t..suppose..to do..th..a." was the last thing the GSD said as the sedative finally took its full effect.

D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Agitated voices came through the scanners static. The two dogs listened carefully to the conversation between the several officers.
EchoFireant wrote:"HOW COULD BOTH OF YOU <censored> LOSE THAT DOG?"

"He's fast and if the <censored> with the rifle didn't miss, we would've caught that <censored> by now."
"At least I'm not the one who decid- "

"Both of you just <censored>. Find that dog and bring him to me."

"I think I know where he went. There's a treeline near our area and if I guess right, he will be hiding there. If he is, then he isn't so smart after all not that resisting capture was smart as well."
"Whatever he is doing, I'll have a clear view this this time an-"
"Don't miss."
"Stop Cutting me off when I say som-"

"Good. I'll be there soon and don't do anything before that. Over and out."
“For the moment, they seem to have forgotten about me. I guess that’s good.” He thought. The radio scanner went silent for the moment, now only emitting quiet buzzing, and short incomprehensible words severely garbled by the static. Blood continued to think, still incapacitated by the aftereffects of the tranquilizers, all the anti-sedative managed to do was bring him back to consciousness, and not much of anything else. “I wonder if that’s Marshall they’re so angry about. Hmph, he’ll be fine, a military dog like him should have no problem evading a few idiotic AC officers.” The resting coydog smirked with his confidence in Marshall.

About twenty minutes of silence passed. Natalia sat on the edge of the bed, occasionally glancing back to Blood to see if he was still okay. She sighed, seemingly worried about her shepherd friend. The Scanner suddenly piped up again, static crackling loudly. Then voices became audible. Blood and Natalia’s ears perked at the sudden sound of voices.

*KZZRKTZZZ-Unit three. We have just taken the Black GSD reported earlier into custody. We’ll be returning to central soon to drop him off.

I will be reporting in as well, this stray is suspected to be highly aggressive, so I’ll be supervising his capture and transport until he’s taken in for questioning regarding the possible rouge coyote he was helping earlier. Over and out.
-KRTZZZTCH*

Those words shattered Blood’s confidence; again he growled sounding very angry. “GRRR, D*** THOSE *******S!-Erk!” He winced feeling his body ach and head pound as he exerted himself to angrily speak. “This is a bunch of interesting banana! How could he have been caught that easily, d***it! That dog is in for it now…”
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:Venison raised an eye ridge. "Telescope, huh? You ever get it to work? Because my eyesight sucks, and I lost my binoculars a while back...eh, what the heck am I asking? Eh, whatever...you try to make any other things?" Venison asked, pointedly.
Sara makes a mental note of this..
Buckdida wrote:"Pet of convenience?' Phhhhh. Get real. I'm still nobodies' pet, and as soon as I can figure out a loophole to get a license number without a human, it's mine. But fine," Venison said, as he lowered his voice so that only Sara and the nearby animals could hear, "No more sieges on the animal control building. That wasn't my idea anyway...and I'd rather not have a bright green collar...at least, not all the time..."

Sara starts typing away on her blackberry....
Get the collar, or collars that you want, it was just a suggestion..
She then shows Venison the screen of the blackberry..
There is your new pet ID number, as my newly adopted pet. An yea yea i know, your not really my pet..
Sara scritches Venison in behind his ears..
Actually, there is a way that you can own yourself. But it's a long legal process.
Sara starts clicking off her fingers.
One, you will need a steady source of income, like a job to show that you can support yourself. Two, you will need to show that you have a safe, stable place to live. Three, you will need to convince a judge that your able to handle your own affairs. An Four, you will still need to choose a Guardian. but don't worry, they just make sure your ok, stay up on your shots, an that you don't get cheated.. An Five ( she smiles ) you have to petition as a pet, a stray can't file for such a motion.

*** meanwhile ***
Caelei wrote:Pavelle stifled her laughter, her face suddenly going perfectly blank, closing off emotions so she wouldn't hurt his feelings. She motioned for Rav to come closer, saying, "Hold still for a second," before she began more closely inspecting the e-collar, and the three strips of strong-looking adhesive tape that was holding the two sides of the collar around Rav's neck. "If I could just get this..." she said quietly, sliding her fingers in between the two sides of the plastic cone. She tried to dig her claws in between the tape and the plastic, and steadily peeled a chunk of the first piece of tape off... a fourth of the way off, at least. "Rav, if you can hold still, I might be able to peel the super-sticky tape off. Maybe."

Rav whimpers holding still as Pavelle tugs an pulls his head around trying to get the super stick tape to let go, when the nurse come in..
Hello again my dears, how was your lunch.. Ere now.. lets not be tugging on that.. we can't have him chewing on his stitches now eh?
Rav Gasps! an turns such a deep shade of embarrassment red, that it shows through his furry face..
Ah No No i wasn't operated on.. I was just trying it on, playing around with it to cheer Pavelle up an it got stuck..
Umm Hmmm.. an pigs fly..
Rav rolls up the hospital gown he is wearing..
See.. no stitches, no shaved fur patches.. This is really embarrassing.. can you get this off me..
I'll have to make sure you not supposed to be wearing it first honey. but yaa, I can go get the tool we use to cut them off, no problem.. be just a few while i finish my round an get back..
That would be wonderful! as long as i can get this off before any of the other pets see me like this!!.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Alex

Post by Alex »

Sekhmet wrote:"so how far is your house?
It's really close. Just behind the corner.
Alex led the two to his house, opened the door, and made a "Come in" motion with his paw. Once inside, he immediately ran towards the couch, where Amelia was. She was asleep, and his efforts to wake her up, such as calling her name or shaking her, were completely useless. Both mom and Mai were there. He turned around to face mom.
Did you call the vet?
"Yes, I did. I told them what happened, and someone should be here soon."
At last, those were some good news. Alex sat on the couch, next to Amelia's head.
Alex! What happened?
Eh, don't ask. *Turns towards Sasha and Pyxis.* Take a seat, you two. All we can do now is wait for the vets.

(( Rushed post, sorry.)
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Tory snickered quietly at the situation. It was rather funny to him, seeing Rav like this, but he didn't want to hurt his feelings. "Hey, Miss Pavelle? Can I stick with you for now? just to make sure....." he mumbled the last part, but trully wanted to spend more time with her as well.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

"Nice to meet you Lucky." Cier looked around at the shelves, but there was nothing that really interested him on them. "Why is it that you want to go see Pavelle?"
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"Unfortunately, I didn't make the lens, I ordered it, so I'd have to do some research, not to mention getting materials and practice. As for other things, as I said before, I mostly work with electronics and chemistry." She looked up at Venison. "Actually, they do make collars for mice, you have to special order them though." She considers his question. "I suppose if there's room up there for me." she answered.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Wynn stood next to Magnus, near the door. There wasn't much here she cared about.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Sean made his way across town, hiding from the occasional animal control van, and eventually came across the abandoned house. He decided he wanted to look around inside some more, however, as he approached he noticed a trailer parked up near it. He walked over to it, looking it over.
Last edited by ArgentFlame on Fri May 07, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Marshall slowly his eyes as he awoke from the sedative induced slumber, caged and still inside the van. Whatever the reason, the officer had injected some of the antidote into him, probably to prevent overdose of the sedative. His vision was hazy as well as most of his thoughts. He tried to move some parts of his body but they doesn't seem to respond to him and his wishes to move them. "Where..am I?"said the still partially sedated dog.

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

She stayed silent as she followed Alex and Stevie into Alex's house. Sekhmet looked around the house timidly, closed in, cluttered, stuff everywhere, and very few exits. not her kind of environment. Alex ran over to the cat she followed to the coffee house earlier and shook the cat calling "Amelia" as he did. he stopped and looked up at a human and another cat who where standing there. "Did you call the vet?" he asked the human answered quickly "Yes, I did. I told them..." at this point Sekhmet stopped listening and payed more attention to her surroundings, a few chairs and a couch (which "Amelia" was laying on) a window near the door, and a few exits supposedly leading to other rooms. she walked towards one door and peaked around it when Alex addressed her "Take a seat, you two. All we can do now is wait for the vets." she looked around and then nodded sitting down on the floor near the door leading outside.

Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

ArgentFlame wrote:"Nice to meet you Lucky. Why is it that you want to go see Pavelle?"
Lucky folded his ears back nervously and rubbed his upper right arm. "I... kinda could've helped her but I chickened out while nobody was looking. I've been trying to find a way to make up for it and this seems as good a chance as any. For some reason I feel like she got caught because I could've done something but I didn't."
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Natalia brought her paws up to her mouth and gasped in shock. “Oh no, Marshall! I-it can’t be, he’s not a stray!” she said in disbelief.

Blood shut his eyes and dryly spoke, teeth gritted in both frustration and pain. “That may be true, but if he did something to tick them off then they might do whatever they want to make things worse for him. Even steal his tags and call him a dangerous stray. I’ve seen this all before.” Truth be told, the scenario was depressingly familiar to the coydog. An innocent friend covering for him getting snapped up by the catchers, and being labeled as high threat, all while he’s hiding at a safe distance, knowing it’s his fault any trouble had arisen in the first place. “Déjà vu.” He coldly thought.

Natalia switched off the scanner and slowly walked over to Blood, who was still sprawled out on the trailers king sized bed. The husky looked into his deep red eyes, with sympathy in her own.“Blood, I’m sorry. I have to get to Marshall’s owner and tell him what has happened. But I promise, I’ll be back.”

Blood didn’t break eye contact. “I understand. Do what you must to help Marshall, he doesn’t deserve what they’re about to put him through…and I guess…I must apologize as well.” His eyes strayed slightly, and his voice became dead calm. “If not for me none of this may have happened, and you guys wouldn’t be involved.” He said, trying to sound as sorry as possible. Natalia set her paw on Blood’s muzzle comfortingly.

“It’s not your fault, I’m sure you didn’t mean for any of this to happen.” She sighed. “Now I have to leave, be safe.” Natalia said before exiting the trailer, locking the door handle from the inside before shutting it behind her and dashing off. Although she knew of the light grayish, black dog observing the fifth wheel, she did not view him as a threat, and was more focused on the trouble her friend was in, than questioning the dog about why he was there. Stealthily making her way back to Marshall’s home, she concealed herself in the nearest cover each time she passed a vehicle.

As luck would have it, suspicious eyes watched the trailers activity from a distance through binoculars.

“She sure is in a hurry, now why would that be if she was told to stay inside?” An AC van with damaged left headlights slowly rolled onto the top of the driveway.

Blood watched Natalia leave before muttering to himself. “Be safe, yeah I’ll try.” He weakly shifted his body to get comfortable, reaching to pull the covers back over him, but froze in position when he caught sight of the dog standing outside the trailer through one of the windows. “****, more company. Great.” Blood painfully forced himself up, holding onto the edge of the counter for support as he made his way over to the window closest to him. “Just what I need; a pet to attract attention.”

Rapping on the window and slightly cracking it open, he groggily barked out to Sean. “Hey! Hey! What are you doing out there?”
Last edited by D-Singer on Sat May 08, 2010 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex laughed at Sasha sitting on the floor. It seemed funny at the moment. But later, he realized something. Why would a pet sit on the floor? There's no need for it, unless her owners are so bad that they don't allow her to sit on the couch. Perhaps this cat isn't a pet. That's the first thought that struck his mind, without him wanting it at all. There are enough problems already, taking a stray inside isn't really welcome at all.
Oi, Sasha.... - he started, but was interrupted by knocking on the door. Mom rushed to open it. A vet came in, and they talked something, Alex couldn't hear what. Once they were done, the vet went over to Amelia, and gave her an injection.
"She should be awake in a few minutes, but she must remain lying down for at least half an hour."
The man turned around, and said something to mum on the door again. Alex overheard "report". Without giving it much attention, he went to Amelia again, and started shaking her gently.
Richarson Valley

EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Natalia could see the house and both Ms.Vasiliev and John had already finished up unloading everything. She hurriedly knocked on the door and after a short wait, John opened the door to find the husky darting into the house. "Marshall...Marshall...he's..."

"Natalia? What happened? Where is Marshall?" John cut her off as soon as he noticed Marshall is not with her.

"He has been captured by Animal Control."

When she said that, John's heart sank with disbelief. "He had his tags on right, if so then why would they even capture him?"

"I don't know what he did. I heard them saying that he is a stray and highly aggressive on their radio intercepts." The sudden realization hit her, what if Marshall had attacked the officers and they decided to do horrible things to him like what Blood had mentioned. Steal his tags. "He has this friend that he met a while back who is here as well. He was...targeted by them and we managed to get him back to his trailer."

"Take me there immediately. We'll take my car."

Soon, they were in the Chevy and heading towards the trailer, guided by Natalia.

Although still hazy from the sedative, things were slowly becoming clearer to Marshall. Looking around, he noticed the bars first and foremost and the next thing he noticed is the lock to the cage door. "Let Me Out!"

His weak shout was of course ignored by the officer who was driving the van and his partner who had regained most of his senses from being knocked out earlier.

"Let Me GO!"

"QUIET DOG!"

"If you let me go, I would be." came the sarcastic reply.

The van suddenly braked, throwing Marshall to the back of the cage as the officer came down and went to the back, throwing the back door wide open, his anger obvious to Marshall. Good. Maybe I'll just have a chance after all if he decides to do something to me.

ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Sean was slightly startled to hear someone tapping on the window from the inside, which was quickly followed by a voice. '****, there go my chances of sneaking in.' He looked over at the dog watching him through the window. "None of your **** business." He answered coldly. He was unaware of the Animal Control vehicle pulling up the driveway.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Sekhmet looked up at Alex as he laughed at her, she raised her eyebrow looking slightly confused. Oi, Sasha.... Alex started but was interrupted by a knocking at the door, which startled Sekhmet a bit and made her get up and get out of the way as Alex's "Mom" rushed to the door. she opened it and some more humans came in. talked to Alex's "mom" and then pulled out a needle and put it in Amelia's arm. which freaked her out quite a bit, but tried her best not to show it. "She should be awake in a few minutes, but she must remain lying down for at least half an hour." and then they walked to the door, said a bit more to Alex's mom and left. Sekhmet looked around the room again, and twice at the windows. "So, she'll be fine then?" she asked walking up to the end of the couch.

D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

The dog’s attitude didn’t exactly impress Blood. He was already mad that he could barely stand, and was being tracked by a bunch of spiteful humans with dart guns, now he has to deal with some nosey pet who just might lead AC directly to him. Needless to say, the coydog was on a short fuse. “Oh, I am NOT in the mood to be putting up with this kind of ****.” He thought, glaring down at Sean. He slid the window completely open and flipped the screen up to get a better look at the dog he was yelling at, sticking his head out and warning.

“Listen dumb***, AC is on a ****ing warpath. They just shot at me and several other pets FOR NO REASON, and are probably looking for us as we speak. If you know what’s good for you, you’ll leave NOW. For all I know they might have followed you right to me. SO GET LOST!”

Blood normally had no problem keeping his cool, but being groggy from the sedatives wearing off he wasn’t thinking clearly, or even considering that his shouting might attract unwanted attention. The sound of driveway gravel crunching beneath car tires caught his attention, Blood swiveled his head around to see the top of a white van at the end of the driveway. His eyes widened and ears twitched.

“OH ****, they did!
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier looked at Lucky with a serious expression on his face. "Trust me, you did not want to be there, the whole thing went badly." he lowered his voice to a whisper, making sure only Lucky could hear him. "We ended up being forced to fight a pair of guards, and letting loose all of the strays and ferals they had caught. Judging by the number of units I saw on the way here, they're on high alert now."
Sean glared at the other dog as yelled at him, though the news that animal control was shooting at pets indiscriminately and unprovoked was very worrying. It was for this reason that, when the dog swore and Sean's head whipped around to see a white van making it's way up the driveway, he immediately bolted; keeping the trailer in between himself and the van, and running as fast as he could go around the back of the house. He looked over the area quickly, away from the house there was a large open field, about the length of a block, before more housing started up, no use going there. His attention went to the house and he immediately spotted a broken window, which luckily only had a few shard of glass remaining in it. He quickly climbed up and through the window, receiving a few small cuts, which he ignored. He found himself in the kitchen. There was four ways out of the room: Back the way he had come, which was not an option, the way out to the front room, which was not a good idea either, that left left the side room, and judging from his exploration of the guest room the day before, there would be no escape there (the side room is in an area where it would be adjacent to the guest room, and there was no door between them.). Sean's eyes fell on the final exit, the slightly ajar door to the basement. He went through the door, heedless of the dark. He quickly shut the door behind himself, and carefully made his way down inside.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

(OOC:Ooooooohhhhh, waitn', I'm waitn', and gettn' bored...OH HEY IDEAS!)
D-Singer wrote:“She sure is in a hurry, now why would that be if she was told to stay inside?” An AC van with damaged left headlights slowly rolled onto the top of the driveway.
The driver came to a halt, and pulled out a pair of binoculars, looking from a safe distance, by now, it was obvious that these weren't your average pets.

"Look, they already caught the GSD we were after," the rifleman said. "Let's just head back to base. That coyote's location is going to be revealed as soon as that shep wakes up, and we'll tag 'em later. We hit him with two darts. He's done."

"You're obviously one of the temps," the driver said dismissively. "I'm betting they have you on the regular payroll. No wonder you're such a bad shot." Through her binoculars, she noted a gray-black dog with lighter muzzle fur crossed the lot and started to examine the trailer.
"The heck that's supposed to mean?!"
"It means I got stuck with someone who doesn't need to rely on their shot for money..." The driver snapped back.
"WHAT?!"
"Move up a little, then talk to the secretary. She'll fill you in on-" She saw the window open, and Blood popped his head out. "LOOK! There's another pet in that trailer...it's that **** coyote! And he's awake, talking to the pet outside! Lock the rifle and peg the gray dog! And use the scope this time y-"
"Shut up." The rifleman slapped the hunting scope on top of the gun. "I don't know why you're in this, but I volunteered to protect the humans around here, because I heard the pets were just too **** smart, and smart pets can do crazy things, and not to dart animals indiscriminately. That GSD had it coming for attacking an officer, but he was defending his friend. Now, why get the gray dog?"
"He's talking with the coyote! That's more than reason enough!"
"I don't even need the binoculars to see that dog's wearing a collar!"
"You know the ferals around here have been wearing fakes lately? SHOOT!"
The rifleman snarled and rested the rifle across the window. "I swear," he muttered under his breath so the driver couldn't hear him, "Minka would kill me if she knew what I was doing to try and track Vint." He focused the scope, and the gray dog came into view. "All this over the wrong coydog...good thing today's the last day for my internship with this insane animal control unit."
The driver freaked out. "QUIT BEING SUCH A RIGHTEOUS WUSS AND PULL THE-" She knocked her leg against the gear shift, causing the car to lurch, shifting the rifleman's aim, and causing the shot to go off seconds later as the driver fell on top of the rifleman. The gray dog and the coydog noticed the van move, and the gray dog booked at as fast as he could, running back around the shamblely looking house. The coydog tried to duck out of the way, pulling his head back in. Wrong maneuver, this time around. The shot went high, shattering the window and sending shards at the hybrid.
"DID YOU HIT 'EM?!"
"What do you think, you insane *****?"
"I'll go after the dog in the house! You get the coyote!" The woman kicked open the door of the van and pulled a tranq pistol from her holster.
"You know, something tells me that you're going to get knocked out before you get off one shot. You're not thinking straight anymore!"
"Maybe you would screw up under pressure, you worthless rent-a-cop! You're not working on commission!" The female AC officer ran towards the house.
"...worthless? Not with what you just said." The rifleman pulled out his cell phone. "Something tells that this might be the reason for all the animal control horror stories from around here, rather than smart pets. And I've had just about enough of this."

*ring*
*ring*

"...Hey, Christopher? It's Joesph. What?...No, I hadn't seen today's newspaper yet...You think what?...Well then, I think you'll find it interesting if you talk to the AC office secretary about working on 'commission...' Nope, just heard her say it...She went off on a frenzy after another dog...yeah, I'll return to AC HQ....Yeah, today's my last day anyway. Thanks again for getting me the internship, but I don't think it's given me any good work experience, not with these crazies telling me to do insane above the law stuff. Besides, trail's gone cold for Vint, too. Oh, just wondering...how's that one dog you told me about? Rav? His training coming along good?...He just got back his guard dog cert? Wow...Alright, I'm ditching the crazy woman and heading back. I'll see you soon."

The crazed and angered AC officer reached into the back, and grabbed the sides of Marshall's cage, and began shaking it furiously, rattling the dog within. "I told you to shut up, you dumb mutt! You want a tranq in the head? I'd put you down myself, but your gonna be headed off to a fate worse than death, as far as I know!"
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Buckdida wrote:The coydog tried to duck out of the way, pulling his head back in. Wrong maneuver, this time around. The shot went high, shattering the window and sending shards at the hybrid.
“GRRRAAAAA! ****!” Blood stumbled backward, twisting his foot as he jolted away from the window, slamming himself into the closet door and then collapsing altogether. He could feel glass shards from the window painfully stuck into his muzzle and face as well as his right shoulder. He dragged himself up yet again, muttering profanities as he fought through pain and sedation, slowly limping across to the trailers shower stall. Opening the door and walking in he saw his reflection in the mirror over the sink. His entire face was covered in cuts with small shards of glass still embedded in some. All of them were bleeding pretty bad. One shard in particular had cut deeply into his shoulder, and the bleed out was far more severe than any of the others.

Blood leaned out of the stall to see the damage, it wasn’t a pretty sight. The supposedly shatter-proof window had been almost completely broken in, there was a significant dent in the closet door where he slammed into it, and a trail of blood droplets lead up to the shower stall where he was standing. “What a mess. I’m screwed if Natalia doesn’t get back.” Returning to the mirror the injured coydog inspected the cuts on his face. Using a pair of tweezers from the first aid kit in the medicine cabinet, Blood carefully tried to remove the glass splinters, using a wet towel to clean the minor lacerations and hopefully slow the bleeding. When he got around to the largest shard in his shoulder he came to a terrifying realization. He grunted and whimpered; just to even touch it was agonizing, and removing it would result in even more profuse bleeding.

Feeling defeated with little options, the tired hybrid leaned back against the stall and sank down to the floor, reviewing the situation. “D***, this is bad. I’m still half sedated with one twisted foot, I’m cut up and bleeding out by the second, I have a shard of glass the size of a pen knife stuck in my shoulder that I can’t remove without help, the guy supposed to be watching my back isn’t even here, and to top it off, AC is out there trying to figure out how to catch me.” Blood sighed at how hopeless it seemed. An annoyed expression came to his face.

“Heh, I’ve survived worse.” He looked back to the broken window. "C’mon Natalia I’m depending on you now.”
Last edited by D-Singer on Sun May 09, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Sean reached the bottom of the stairs, and by the small amount of light coming from the door; which had failed to close correctly and was standing ajar again; managed to find his way underneath the old wooden staircase. His ears perked up as he heard creaking coming from above. He waited in the dark as the creaking moved around, the animal control officer checking around the lower floor. It came closer, moving right past the basement door, checking the side room. The sounds returned and stopped, just in front of the basement door. The door was thrown open, and Sean blinked once at the sudden light. "I know you're down there you **** dog, don't think you'll be able to get away." The stairs creaked as the AC officer began walking down them. As the human moved down the stairs, Sean got an idea, which twisted his face into a wicked smile. He crept forward, waiting for his chance to strike. As the human put her foot down on the step directly in front of him, he reached through the opening between that stair and the one above it and grabber her foot, causing her to trip and fall down the last few steps. She hit the ground hard, and lay there, groaning in pain, her arm apparently broken. Sean stepped out from behind the stairs and walked over to where the human was struggling to rise. He looked down at the tranquilizer pistol, which she had dropped when she fell. He picked it up and pointed it at her, firing two darts into the woman's shoulder. She collapsed back to the floor, unconscious. Sean made his way back up the stairs and paused once he got back into the kitchen. He placed the pistol on the table and found a sturdy chair. Dragging it along behind him he went back over to the basement door, closing it and wedging the chair under the door-handle. He retrieved the pistol and went out to the front room, carefully looking through the windows to see the unconscious woman's partner. To his surprise, the van was gone, and the other human was nowhere in sight. He went out the front door, looking around suspiciously, the tranquilizer gun ready in his paws.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Buckdida wrote:"I told you to shut up, you dumb mutt! You want a tranq in the head? I'd put you down myself, but your gonna be headed off to a fate worse than death, as far as I know!"
"Fate worse than death? And what would that be? I'm pretty sure I've gone through worse." Marshall's mind on the other hand is turning furiously now. Whatever it was, he knew what it meant even through the sedative-induced haze that was clearing up and he had to stall him in the hopes that something would happen and to give him that extra time to clear out the sedative. Besides, he had stared at danger numerous times, enough to know that the officer's threat is just another one. "Before I forget, you better return my tag or you'll be in deep <censored>!"

"And that is the whole story." said Natalia as she explained the entire chain of events or the important parts of it to John, who is now nearing the trailer. "If the animal controllers are there, could you pose as his owner, John?"

"I'm not entirely sure on that but we'll see. If something bad happened to Marshall, I'll get that <censored> and make him wish he was never born."

As the Chevy turned into the driveway, they saw the unmistakable AC van. Unfazed by that, John maneuvered the car in front of the trailer, mostly due to the large driveway. Both Natalia and John got down from the car, having already noticed that the driver was talking into his phone, and going to the door, they were greeted by a bloodied coydog.

"Whoa..this is not what I expected. Hurry and get inside." as John hustled Natalia into the trailer. "What happened?"

D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

EchoFireant wrote:As the Chevy turned into the driveway, they saw the unmistakable AC van. Unfazed by that, John maneuvered the car in front of the trailer, mostly due to the large driveway. Both Natalia and John got down from the car, having already noticed that the driver was talking into his phone, and going to the door, they were greeted by a bloodied coydog.

"Whoa..this is not what I expected. Hurry and get inside." as John hustled Natalia into the trailer. "What happened?"
Blood grunted in pain as he explained, leaning on the counter to remain on his feet. He would have gladly taken a seat on the couch, but the last thing he wanted to do was red stain everything he touched. The bleed out from the gash on his shoulder was now dripping down his arm. He was becoming a little lightheaded from the loss of bodily fluids combined with the lasting effects of the tranquilizers, as well as the pain and exhaustion from over exerting himself earlier to make his escape. It was astonishing that he was even standing at all after all that had happened.

"There was this black and grey dog, lead them straight to me. I leaned out the window to warn him about Animal Control, and then those psychos shot at me a third time. They missed, and instead shattered that window and did this to me.”

He stated, pointing at the broken in window then gesturing to his sliced up face and shoulder.

“I can’t remove this shard without help, I might pass out from blood loss.”

Blood brought his hand up to the large stab wound on his shoulder, wincing as he took another close look at how severe it was. He stared back to Natalia and John, with a both pleading and serious expression. He grunted again as his body quaked in pain, falling to one knee while still grasping the edge of the counter to keep from collapsing completely.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"I'll have to take you to the vet immediately to remove that. No buts if that's what in your mind." John said blatantly.

John moved towards Blood as he picked him up as carefully as he could despite the protest from the coydog, making sure that the shard wasn't moved accidentally while motioning Natalia to find Blood's collar the moment he noticed that he wasn't wearing it. He gently placed Blood into the backseat, then hopped into the drivers seat. Soon, Natalia returned with Blood's collar and was soon heading off to the vet.

(OOC : Gah...feels like a writer's block is hitting me)

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Pyxis smiles when they finally built the fort, well...a little missing fur was totally worth it, but on the bright side, they can hide and play battle all day!. "So...lets climb inside and defend our fort before our invaders come!"
Make Pasta not war.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle watched silently as the lady carefully cut away Rav's e-collar. The racoon bit her lip from teasing, though she agreed with Tory and his near-silent snickering. She looked at the little bird as he spoke, smiling, and said, "Sure, Tory. You can stay. Is O'Connor coming over, as well? Or maybe he's out running around with the other pets..." She shrugged, watching Rav, who was still wearing the gown, and said, "Actually, I think the gown's quite a flattering color for you, Rav. Goes well with your fur and eyes." She grinned.
((Speaking of writer's block...))

Meanwhile...
Felix looked distrustfully over at Wynn, who was standing nearby at the front of the store, waiting. For some reason, probably boredom, he felt compelled in engage in pet-like small talk. He cleared his throat, and gave what he hoped was a friendly smile while they waited for the others to be done in the store. "So... uh. You lived here before? As a pet?" He was curious as to the operations of the feral groups around town. They apparently recruited pets into their pack?

Magnus simply stared out the window. He would've been staring at the shelves still, except a big white van had driven by a while ago, and he was looking for more. He was pretty sure that those vans had something to do with animal control, and that was interesting, if also moderately frightening. Tail wagging slightly from curiousity, he moved forward and pressed his nose against the glass, peering out of the store for more big white vans.

((Awful post.))
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

EchoFireant wrote: "I'll have to take you to the vet immediately to remove that. No buts if that's what in your mind." John said blatantly.
The hackles on Blood’s back stood on end at the mention of being taken to a vet. Normally whenever he injured himself, either Dustin or a friend of his who was a vet tech took care of him. It was only because he knew and trusted them, they were allowed to even get close enough to tend to wounds. Currently his trust in humans was virtually non-existent, why in the world would he willingly turn himself over to the people who might very well be in with the same who shot and hurt him? John, however had his mind made up. It was obvious the dog in front of him was in terrible shape, and needed medical attention. The human extended his hand to help Blood to his feet. The weakened coydog hesitantly took his hand, defiantly speaking back.

“Yeah thanks, look I can take care of (erk!) myself...I just need someone to-Ackk! Hey!” He yelped in surprise as he was scooped up by John, who was being careful as possible not to let Blood fight back of hurt himself. “Calm down. If you try to remove that shard yourself, not only could you pass out, you might end up cutting an artery in your shoulder and bleeding to death. A vet has to look at that.”

Coming to the realization of how he had no choice, Blood huffed nervously as he was carried out of the trailer to the waiting Chevy. John carefully placed him in the back seat, then shut the door behind him, returning to the driver’s side. Shortly afterward, Natalia followed out of the trailer with Blood’s collar in her hand. She locked the door behind her before running back to the Chevy and hopping into the passenger’s side. As the vehicle revved up and drove away, The panicked hybrids mind began to race. Thinking of how his friend will react to seeing his trailer a mess and his dog missing. Moreover what’s going to happen to him once he’s in the care of the veterinarians. He had only been to an animal clinic several times in his life, and none of the visits were good news for him. ‘They prod at you in places you don’t want to be touched, drug you out of you mind, do god-knows-what to you in your sleep, then stuff your unconscious body into a cramped dog kennel with some uncomfortable and humiliating muzzle locked onto your face. Ugh, and that’s a mild case scenario.’ Blood shuddered as he remembered past experiences.

In an attempt to calm himself down he curled up protectively, carefully feeling his nicked up muzzle and gashed shoulder, both of which were still bleeding. “I hope this guy doesn’t mind the mess here.” The coydog sarcastically thought. By now, most of the fur on his right arm and face was dark red from the dry blood, and was staining the seat as well.

After a few short minutes of rushed driving, they arrived at the hospital. A sigh in front of the building read in large, light blue letters, Richardson Valley Medical Clinic for Humans and Animals. John parked the Chevy as close as he could to the entrance. Stepping out, he clipped a leash to Natalia’s collar and tied the other end to one of his belt loops, leaving his hands free so he could pick up Blood and carry him inside. As they walked, Natalia handed Blood his collar. He reached out and took it from her hand, clutching it tightly. For it was the only proof he had against anyone who might claim he’s feral.

As they walked in several other pets with their owners could be seen seated in a waiting room adjacent to the appointment desk. The sudden arrival caught the attention of those waiting. Both pets and owners had shocked expressions when the saw the bloodied, and cut up dog being carried in. As John approached the desk, the woman typing at the computer looked up, she was immediately shocked by what she saw as well. She gasped at the dog’s injuries.

“Oh my...!”

Blood gulped in anticipation, keeping a death grip on his collar, shuddering again...
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

ArgentFlame wrote:"Trust me, you did not want to be there, the whole thing went badly."
Lucky winces a little after hearing that, sighing and burying his face in his hands. "That doesn't make me feel much better. Other pets got in trouble and I feel like I should've done something." His ears perk up as he hears an animal control van drive by. Looking over he notices Magnus pressing his face against the glass. "Is something up?"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

ArgentFlame wrote:"Unfortunately, I didn't make the lens, I ordered it, so I'd have to do some research, not to mention getting materials and practice. As for other things, as I said before, I mostly work with electronics and chemistry." She looked up at Venison. "Actually, they do make collars for mice, you have to special order them though." She considers his question. "I suppose if there's room up there for me." she answered.
Dylan wrote:"Mice collars? Eeehhh...
I WANT ONE! Heh, just because they actually exist."
Venison resisted the urge to put his hand over his ear, as that would knock off Dylan. "Don't. Yell. In my ear, you hyper-brown tennis-ball!" Venison then scooped up Del and put her atop his head as well. "Maybe you can keep him semi-calm. Anyway, electronics? Like what? Machines?"
Keeshah wrote:Sara starts typing away on her blackberry....
Get the collar, or collars that you want, it was just a suggestion..
At this, Venison reached onto the rack and plucked out two collars...a simple dark blue one, a emerald green one that matched his eyes, a simple round golden tag, and quickly made his way over to the tag creator. Lucky for him, it also accepted cash...Venison dug around in his pockets for his wallet. It was just a simple wallet, black, and kept shut by Velcro. Unfortunately for Ven, if this were a cartoon, a fly would have come out of his wallet as he opened it. He was near out of money...looking up quickly, he noted the price for the tag, then checked back to his wallet. Just enough left. But that would be the last of his money supply entirely...
Keeshah wrote:She then shows Venison the screen of the blackberry..
There is your new pet ID number, as my newly adopted pet. An yea yea i know, your not really my pet..
Sara scritches Venison in behind his ears..
Venison gave a very quiet growl. "Hey, watch the mice."
Keeshah wrote:Actually, there is a way that you can own yourself. But it's a long legal process.
Sara starts clicking off her fingers.
One, you will need a steady source of income, like a job to show that you can support yourself. Two, you will need to show that you have a safe, stable place to live. Three, you will need to convince a judge that your able to handle your own affairs. An Four, you will still need to choose a Guardian. but don't worry, they just make sure your ok, stay up on your shots, an that you don't get cheated.. An Five ( she smiles ) you have to petition as a pet, a stray can't file for such a motion.
Venison wrinkled his nose. That sounded far too good to be true. And it was still very suspicious. Why had he never heard about this? No doubt that such a thing was kept under wraps...but Sara being a lawyer? It was possible she knew of a loophole. And...there was that one wolf pack that managed to figure something out... "I'll...I'll need to think about that. Later." Venison input the information for the dog license and his name fairly quickly with the virtual keyboard, but then he came to...address. "Hmm..." Venison typed out something for the address at a blistering pace, and confirmed the information faster than the others could read it. (agi 10) "Alright. That's done..." While they were waiting for the tag to finish carving, Venison (with his passengers) and Sara went up to the counter to pay for the collars and food. Venison, of course, received a steely glare from the cashier, who had not forgotten about the day before. Venison just averted this gaze, hoping that the man wouldn't flip out at him again. When the man finished ringing up the collars, Venison undid his current red collar, put on the blue one, and quickly pulled out the finished tag from the machine, hooking it onto his collar.

Venison began to walk out of the shop, passing by Magnus and Lucky, who were observing something out the store window. "Hey. We're done here. Let's go see Pavelle and Rav."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote: As they walked in several other pets with their owners could be seen seated in a waiting room adjacent to the appointment desk. The sudden arrival caught the attention of those waiting. Both pets and owners had shocked expressions when the saw the bloodied, and cut up dog being carried in. As John approached the desk, the woman typing at the computer looked up, she was immediately shocked by what she saw as well. She gasped at the dog’s injuries.

“Oh my...!”

Blood gulped in anticipation, keeping a death grip on his collar, shuddering again...

The receptionist picks up her phone.. code blue in the waiting room..
An very soon the bleeding Coydog is swarmed with vet techs..
They place Blood on a medicinal scented gurney, wheeling him away into the trauma room..
where he is poked an prodded an questioned. One asking him an John what had happened to him. as another takes a hold of his collar, copying the info off his collar tag into the laptop, an then it prints out a plastic hospital id tag the is fastened about his wrist. while another takes his blood pressure and temp. O.o..yes there.. then listens to his heart an breathing..
The Vet surgeon arrives, in blue scrubs, with a red puppy paw print. The tech's huddle with her, reading out Bloods vitals. Before she comes over to the injured dog.

Hello there, I'm Doctor Emma Brown. Do you remember how you were injured?she asks, as she shines her pen light into his eyes.
his eyes seem clear.. she calls out to the tech with the laptop. Make a note to run an eye dilation test later to be sure there are no shards in there.
She turns back to Blood. just sit back an relax as best as you can, we are going to take the very best care of you.

*** In another part of the hospital ***
Rav cringed an whined, blushing so hard he felt his head was going to pop.. as the nurse finally returned with the cutter that removes the e-collars. The nurse finally having to get a hold of him by the scruff, to make him hold still so she could remove it, since all Rav wanted to do was crawl into the bed an hide...

*** across the parking lot, in the animal control building ***
Christopher has been having an heated talk with the Animal warden.
We can't be having the pet's thinking it's ok to be attack here, or the patrol officers, like they have been doing.
I agree, but the way your going about it is any going to cause even further distrust, if not anger towards the control dept. an not just by the pets, but from there owners as well.
You an talk to them all you want, but if you really want to keep the pets in line, you have to have a show of force.
That's just crazy, your going to turn this town into a war zone, with this massive over-reaction. An i'm not going to let that happen.

Christopher gets the phone call...

I have just received a disturbing call. Did you put out a bounty, for the capture of pets?
What are you talking about? No.. Altho that doesn't sound like a bad idea, there is no money in the budget to do anything like that.
Now that is even more disturbing..

*** Meanwhile ... It's the AC, get in the car! ***

Sara gathers the pets back up an gets them shoehorned back into the car, an heads off to the hospital.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

"Don't worry about it." Cier walked over to the window as well. "All of the strays were released yesterday, animal control is probably out in force today to recapture them."
Del looked at Dylan as she was placed on Venison's head. "Didn't you say you didn't like the idea of having something around your neck?" She asked, before returning to her conversation with Venison. "Well, I just finished work on a Tesla Coil the other day. Other than that I have a sonic device designed to make a noise that irritates dogs, A high quality plasma speaker, and a few other somewhat less impressive devices."

Cier and Wynn followed Sara out to the car...
After a quick look around, Sean concluded that the other animal control officer was indeed nowhere to be seen. Deciding it would be a bad idea to stick around long enough for the animal control officer's partner to return for her, he headed back out into town, making his way back towards where he started.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Keeshah wrote: The receptionist picks up her phone.. code blue in the waiting room..
An very soon the bleeding Coydog is swarmed with vet techs..
They place Blood on a medicinal scented gurney, wheeling him away into the trauma room..
where he is poked an prodded an questioned. One asking him an John what had happened to him. as another takes a hold of his collar, copying the info off his collar tag into the laptop, an then it prints out a plastic hospital id tag the is fastened about his wrist. while another takes his blood pressure and temp. O.o..yes there.. then listens to his heart an breathing..
Blood took a sharp inhale through his nose as he was handed off to the group vets and placed on the stretcher. He could feel his heart rate quicken as he was wheeled down a hall into the trauma room. Trying to quell his fear of the humans gathering around and examining him, he mentally told himself. “It’s alright, I’m about to be operated on by a bunch of humans I don’t even know....it’s not as bad as it seems.....As long as they know I’m a pet, they can’t do anything other than help.” Despite the rational thinking, the injured coydog’s body and mind were obviously not in synch, he was anything but calm. His tail was tucked tightly between his legs, and his entire body was trembling, either from fear, or increasing blood loss, he could not determine. He became more fearful when one of techs took his collar away to copy the information etched onto the steel plate fixed to it. In return, a plastic ID tag with the copied information was looped around his left wrist. But that didn’t bother him nearly as much as what the other vet was doing.

Having his blood pressure checked he could deal with; having his core temperature measured on the other hand was something he never completely understood. When the vet tech grabbed his tail, Blood struggled to fight the urge of reeling back and biting the hand off the vet examining him. Just to reduce the stress, he instead gritted his teeth and dug his claws into the gurney’s padded surface, uttering a short growl and whine as well. The coping exertion certainly didn’t help to slow the bleeding of his cuts. He tried to keep still as the vet used a stethoscope to check his heartbeat and breathing, continuing to fight the agitation from being prodded at by the unfamiliar humans.
Keeshah wrote: The Vet surgeon arrives, in blue scrubs, with a red puppy paw print. The tech's huddle with her, reading out Bloods vitals. Before she comes over to the injured dog.

Hello there, I'm Doctor Emma Brown. Do you remember how you were injured?she asks, as she shines her pen light into his eyes.
his eyes seem clear.. she calls out to the tech with the laptop. Make a note to run an eye dilation test later to be sure there are no shards in there.
She turns back to Blood. just sit back an relax as best as you can, we are going to take the very best care of you.
Blood sighed in relief as the vets momentarily backed off. His attention was now completely on the female vet surgeon standing over him. He blinked as the light was shined into his eyes, then answered. “…S-some idiot from AC tried to shoot me through……through a window. Why? I don’t even know.” He gulped again, stuttering as he spoke while continuing to shiver.
Last edited by D-Singer on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote: Blood sighed in relief as the vets momentarily backed off. His attention was now completely on the female vet surgeon standing over him. He blinked as the light was shined into his eyes, then answered. “…S-some idiot from AC tried to shoot me through……through a window. W-w-why? I don’t even know.” He gulped again, stuttering as he spoke while continuing to tremble.
What? why in the world would they be doing that? not to mention i thought they had to call in the sheriff's dept. to use firearms..
Well we are going to numb this area up, before we remove this large shard.

The surgeon get out a vial an needle, showing blood the bottles label.. Xylocaine
I would have liked to put you under while we operated, but i've been told you have been sedated once already, an i don't want to risk a drug interaction with what you were given before. I'm afraid your going to have to tuff it out for a bit.. we will get you a rubber bone to bite on, an have some one here to hold your paws while we sew you up.
She gently stick Blood with the needle numbing up the area around where the large glass shard is..

As she finishes, a vet tech comes up an shaves a patch on his forearm. then shaves away the fur around the large shard.. an washes the shaven area with a betadine solution..

Emma comes up with an IV of blood plasma that she sticks into his arm.
There you go, you should be feeling less lightheaded in a few minutes. an we will get started.. just relax.

The surgeon steps out of the room, into the hallway but not of the hearing range of sharp eared canines.
I need someone to find out what is going on outside.. this is the third case we have had of a random pet getting tranquilized this afternoon. I need you to get in contact with the Rangers, an see if they know whats going out there in the town.
An so we can file an pet abuse complaint here.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:So, she'll be fine then?
I just hope so...
Alex knelt in front of the couch, grabbed Amelia's paw, and tried to wake her up again. There was no response yet. He got up, lifted her head, sat, and lowered it again on his knees. Meanwhile, Mai sat in front of her legs, and started poking her lightly, pulling her tail, and shaking her.
Mai, stop that. *Faces Sasha* All we can do is wait for her to wake up. Then.... I don't know. We should report this. I'm not sure why the AC attacked a coydog earlier. I never saw him before, so he could be a stray with a fake ID-tag, I guess. But then again, it could be just a pet that moved in recently. I don't know, really, but randomly attacking animals is a bit too much.
Mom walked to the couch, moved Mai, who didn't stop bothering Amelia, sat on her place, and kept her in her lap.
"The vets that were here said they'll report it. You don't have to worry about anything, I just don't want you to leave the house."
Oh alright, I won't leave until tomorrow. Relax. *Turns to Sasha* Sasha.. you're kinda familiar. Have we ever met before?

(OOC: Alex and Sekhmet met once outside town, while Gary was there.)
Richarson Valley