King's Age?

Discuss the comic here
Kingcorgi

King's Age?

Post by Kingcorgi »

Im curious How old would King possibly be?
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Re: King's Age?

Post by CaptainPea »

I would've pinned Joel somewhere in his thirties or therabouts.
Considering his dog-shaped persona kind of popped out of nowhere, I'm not sure how you'd define its age, but I guess at an age that for a dog is comparable with his age as a person?
Image Image
Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

CaptainPea wrote:I would've pinned Joel somewhere in his thirties or therabouts.
Considering his dog-shaped persona kind of popped out of nowhere, I'm not sure how you'd define its age, but I guess at an age that for a dog is comparable with his age as a person?
But still king has to be young enough to still be considered a puppy i mean just look at him
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Corgis are small any way. and "pup" could easily be used the same way we use "kid," it doesn't imply age as much as it does status.

I'd say King is probably about 7-ish. maybe 6. (keeping in mind that pets live a bit longer in this universe.)
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Corgis are small anyone. and "pup" could easily be used the same way we use "kid," it doesn't imply age as much as it does status.

I'd say King is probably about 7-ish. maybe 6. (keeping in mind that pets live a bit longer in this universe.)

true
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I'm gonna guess King is around Peanut and Fox's ages, so maybe 5 or 6 is my guess.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

Zukio wrote:I'm gonna guess King is around Peanut and Fox's ages, so maybe 5 or 6 is my guess.

Yeah that would be my guess too
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Joel was well into his adult years when transformed into King, so by all counts, he is likely a adult dog. Corgis are short, so you can not count that into age. Remember, most of the Housepets cast is by and large, teenagers with only a few 'adult' dogs.
Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

Foxstar wrote:Joel was well into his adult years when transformed into King, so by all counts, he is likely a adult dog. Corgis are short, so you can not count that into age. Remember, most of the Housepets cast is by and large, teenagers with only a few 'adult' dogs.

Yeah but he looks like a puppy how does that fit in?
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Kingcorgi wrote:
Foxstar wrote:Joel was well into his adult years when transformed into King, so by all counts, he is likely a adult dog. Corgis are short, so you can not count that into age. Remember, most of the Housepets cast is by and large, teenagers with only a few 'adult' dogs.

It doesn't really. Size doesn't count with a breed that is already known to be short. The only 'cubs' offically that we've seen are Miles kids.
Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

Foxstar wrote:
Kingcorgi wrote:

It doesn't really. Size doesn't count with a breed that is already known to be short. The only 'cubs' offically that we've seen are Miles kids.
True...
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

If you look at previous strips where Joel is human, he looks like he's in his 20's, so I'm guessing in his dog form he is ~6 years old.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Kingcorgi

Post by Kingcorgi »

TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:If you look at previous strips where Joel is human, he looks like he's in his 20's, so I'm guessing in his dog form he is ~6 years old.

That's what i was thinking too
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

CaptainPea wrote:I would've pinned Joel somewhere in his thirties or therabouts.
I think Joel is actually late-20s, but who knows what age Pete made King.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Xane wrote:
TougeFoxJ.D.M. wrote:If you look at previous strips where Joel is human, he looks like he's in his 20's, so I'm guessing in his dog form he is ~6 years old.
Yeah, I always thought he looked no older than 25, but a lot of people think he looks late 30s. It always felt to me like Pete made him pretty young as a dog, maybe 4-ish. Fido's the only one who's called him a pup, and Fido is... well... old. :lol: (compared to the rest of the cast, at least)
Fido is from the same litter as Bino and Joey. they are all the same age. Fido's just bigger and Joey's smaller.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

actually you're right. the cast page does say that Joey's younger. I just assumed because it's rare in this world for a dog to know their biological parents, so I assumed it was hard to know biological siblings unless they came from the same litter.

just think, this means that there are other Fidos, Binos, and Joeys somewhere in the HP world.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Xane wrote:Hmm, has that ever been confirmed by Rick in one of those discussion threads? I used to think this was the case, but it only says that they're brothers, not that they were all born at the same time. Especially since Joey seems to be much younger than anyone else, not just smaller. People also tend to assume they have the same owner, while none of them do and I don't think Joey's parents have even been seen at all, we just know that he lives in a doghouse and not in the home.
Trust me, Joey, Bino, and Fido are all from the same litter. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Lophiiformes

Post by Lophiiformes »

I would say around 6.5 years old.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

I know this one:

When I came up with my own fanfiction I had to know how years measured up between humans and pets, in housepets most pets live up to 30 years old while humans (I assume) live up to their 90's (roughly). Therefore one dog year is the equivalent of three human years. So, if Joel was in his 30's (lets go with earily 30's, he still seems rather young) then he should be roughly 10 years old as a dog. Now, however, two years later he should be about 12 to 13 years old (depending on what he counts as his birthday).

As for the rest of the housepets characters, I would have to assume they were roughly within adolescence when this comic began back in 2008 (so roughly 3 to 5 years old), now in 2011 (soon to be 2012) they should be roughly about 6 to 8 years old (young adults).

That's what I think, anyway.
TigerStryk

Post by TigerStryk »

In his human form, I'd assume about 28.

In his Corgi form I'd imagine 4-5 years old.
IM B-B-B-B-BACK BABY!!!!!l
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

I doubt Joel/King would of been out of his 20's when he was human, so as a corgi I cannot fathom him being any older than a young adult if the change reflected a suitably aged body. It does however depend on how you apply age to a physical transformation.

My final guess is that Joel/King was a few years younger than myself (I'm 28) so probably in his early 20's. As a corgi (considering 40 human years = 100 pet 'years' in terms of age, rough of course and not necessarily correct) I would say that his form is now equivalent to around a 10 year old dog.

This is rough and doesn't take into account any age altering, differences in aging between housepets and humans, etc.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Markish

Post by Markish »

Well, I guess he's 4 years old.
Because the (longest) lifespan of the PWCs divided by the (longest) lifespan of humans = percentage of dogs lifespan from humans.
Average lifespan of PWCs 12-13 years old.
Average lifespan of Humans 60-90 years old. 13/90 = .14
14% Lifespan percentage of PWCs from Humans
Joel was 28 years old ryt? 28x14% = 3.9
Joel/King = 3.9 or 4 Years old.

-I wish dogs lived as long as humans.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Markish wrote:Well, I guess he's 4 years old.
Because the (longest) lifespan of the PWCs divided by the (longest) lifespan of humans = percentage of dogs lifespan from humans.
Average lifespan of PWCs 12-13 years old.
Average lifespan of Humans 60-90 years old. 13/90 = .14
14% Lifespan percentage of PWCs from Humans
Joel was 28 years old ryt? 28x14% = 3.9
Joel/King = 3.9 or 4 Years old.

-I wish dogs lived as long as humans.
Rick has said that pets live longer here, so at least double that, which would make him 8.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Markish

Post by Markish »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Rick has said that pets live longer here, so at least double that, which would make him 8.
Well I actually meant to say that Dogs could live longer in the real world.
I had a dog once, I named him Scruff and he's a spaniel. He was 8 when he died. :cry:
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Rick has stated that pets live twice as long as they normally do (so a max of 35~40 years is my guess, based on the rare dog that lives 20 years) which is more or less half a max human lifespan (~80 years).

Based on his past age as a human, my guess is that King may be anywhere from 8-14 years old as a dog; thinking he's on the older side.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's hard to tell if his lack of childish wonder comes from being "older" than the other pets or from being a jaded human before he was a dog.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sleet wrote:It's hard to tell if his lack of childish wonder comes from being "older" than the other pets or from being a jaded human before he was a dog.

I always figured it was the latter
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

i would say king's turning three this year, since king didn't exist before joel was transformed

he might have been transformed into a whatever-year-old dog, but king (as being king) is only as old as he's been around!

but i suppose that depends on how literally you want to interpret the question
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

It could be he's about three or four, since that would equal up to possible age in human years.
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The body of a dog that age would be the equivalent of about ten in human years, so I find that pretty unlikely, wouldn't you think?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I like to think that the transformation made him a little younger, possibly 6~7 years old in dog age.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Why would it be anything other than a direct transformation? I don't see any evidence to support that Joel became younger when Pete turned him into King.

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Mentally he may be 20 something years old but physically he looks about the same age as other pets.
Maybe no direct evidence, but King just looks about that age. He certainly doesn't show signs of aging (most likely because this is a comic) and I don't think that he is a senior to the other pets... maybe 8 years old at most.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Wanderer wrote:Mentally he may be 20 something years old but physically he looks about the same age as other pets.
Maybe no direct evidence, but King just looks about that age. He certainly doesn't show signs of aging (most likely because this is a comic) and I don't think that he is a senior to the other pets... maybe 8 years old at most.
Your basing age off of a drawing in a funny animal strip.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Foxstar wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Mentally he may be 20 something years old but physically he looks about the same age as other pets.
Your basing age off of a drawing in a funny animal strip.
By an amazing artist.
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

But whut if he could've grown slightly older? Possibility since most of the comic there are points when he acts like an adult...
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Of course King acts like an adult; Joel was an adult before Pete gave him a new body.

ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

No but really think about it! But then again you might be right...
Secretly...I am Batman.
I like your hat

Post by I like your hat »

cant seem to make a post someone hasn't already taken :cry:

just thought of something his mind could be older then his body :D so his mind is a 30 yrs or so old adult while his body is only like 4 years cause Pete gave him a young body

Mod Edit: Please do not double-post. If you need to add more information to a thread and yours is the most recent comment, please use the edit button in your post's upper-right corner.
if a zombie likes brains, a vampire blood, and a werewolf everything else, mean that you could make a uber man eating machine by combining them :D
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Since there have been a few more arcs that King was in, a few more details have come up.
1. He's old enough to drink (so in dog years: 21 or older)
2. Old enough to get married (about 22 or older)

So my guess is that he's about 23 in dog years, which works out to being almost 8 in human years.

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065