Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

FlintTheSquirrel

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Both my brother and my sister work at dominos, so I am likely to get a job there if I applied. (Since the only way to get a job is through connections) If I were to work there though, I would want to be an insider, since I do not want to deliver, the less I am in a car, the better. I think my brother said that the place only has one insider, since all the others keep quitting. .-. Makes it sound hard.
Sorrow: Intimidated by the future. ^^;
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Go for it Flint. I've talked to someone who was working inside dominoes and they said it wasn't to difficult but it dose get kind of boring after a while.

Sorrow: My friend and his family can't go a day without a heated argument. Today was probably the worst.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sorrow: I hate kids
So
Much
):< Leave me alone
Sorrow: I went to a party. There were so much people. So much people. I hate parties! It was emotionally exhausting.

I can only write brief sentences now.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sorry to hear that, Wanderer. :( I hope you feel better.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Perplexed: A stray cat took residence back home, after he got invited by my brother. The cat now acted as if he's the boss in the house now and messes around with my mum a lot. Pity her though, she had to take care of him although she's horribly allergic to furry animals while my brother's away at camp. ^_^'

Sorrow: I forgot how to give advice and console others. Tried just now, but ended up talking about my own problem instead. Another part of my old self lost...

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: I went skiing for te first time yesterday.

Sorrow: I fell down many times, mostly while at terminal velocity.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

kurowolfe wrote:The cat now acted as if he's the boss in the house
isn't that how cats are supposed to act?

also, sometimes discussing similar problems that you are experiencing helps someone to know they aren't alone, which helps to cheer them up a bit.
but if your problem was unrelated to the other person's problem, then it's a bad thing.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
FlintTheSquirrel

Sorrow: Got a 70 on my 10 question Quiz. I am really not fond of questions that have more than one right answer, and you have to choose the better one.
Joy: We finally got our first snow of Winter.
Sorrow: I need to drive tomorrow, plus, we had a movie we planned to see tonight. I hope the amount on the road will at least melt before the school.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:That and the Pipes were my favorite.

Sorrow: Family is looking into getting me to work at Dominos. It is not that I do not want to work, nor that I do not want to work at Dominos, it is just that I am worried about a job in the first place. I have never had one, and am quite shy, and I am very prone to mess up.
Dude I'm awful at my job and I have a terrible attitude and I've kept it for about 6 months.
You'll do fine.

Sorrow:Still can't mamage my money to save my life, can't spend anything until payday.

Joy:No class tuesday!!!!!!

Sorrow:Not gonna get any sleep, I have about 200 pages to read tonight to get caught up.

Joy:I'll be caught up on all my reading by the time I go to class monday and I can sleep as late as I want tuesday.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Sorrow: Why don't comment more often!? I feel like I'm shirking my forumer responsibilities here!

I realise I'm overreacting, it just really irks me how I generally have nothing much to add to anything.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Joy: I bashed at a buffet today. I've barley eaten anything in days.
Joy: Mom lent me a little money to live off of until I get this job.
Sorrow: I'm in debt so bad and my sister who is also dealing with financial issues and wants me to lend her some money.
Sorrow: Incredibly bad problems with the family at home, I can't get them off my mind now.
Sorrow: I know it will be impossible to wake up at dawn tomorrow so I'm obligated to stay up all night so I can get this side job done.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow:Decided to look at some old photos and ended up getting depressed
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
FlintTheSquirrel

Hehe, I watched that show a few months back, or at least the first season since it is on Netflix. I am sure my brother would want though as well. :3
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: I just don't relate to other human beings, vol 1 of many.
I figured that since I am relatively anonymous, this might be cheaper and better than therapy.

Just going over some of the strip discussion threads, people make numerous references to RPGs and Video games, and I feel stupid because I don't get them.

Here's my sad story. When I started school, I had an attention problem that went undiagnosed. My teachers couldn't understand why I did not want to copy poems about clouds off of the board and why material taught to the test was not terribly fascinating to me. This meant a parent-teacher conference where the teacher made vague references to my intellectual inferiority and my mother's deficiencies as a parent. After we got home from that brow beating, my mom sat me down and demanded to know what I was thinking about when I wasn't paying attention to memorization of end of grade test material. Even at that age I knew what negative reinforcement was even though I didn't know the name. All I knew was that something I liked was about to be removed from my environment. At the time, there were only two things that really brought me any joy, my beat-up old Nintendo and my comic book collection. While being grilled about it, I weighed my options and decided that by comparison my comics were cheaper and more versatile form of entertainment. So I said, "games".

The console and all the games were put in a box, taped up, and put in a storage shed that I was forbidden from retrieving under threat of beating. Later that year, they put me on Riddalin that turned me into a zombie until I just stopped taking it. But from then on my mom would chase me away from anything video game related like I would catch germs from it. Years later my mom brought home a PS2 that was given to her by my cousin when he got a PS3. I looked at it like it was a piece of alien technology. After a short life time of being deprived of it, it was just so foreign to me.

It seems so outrageous, a kid these day not playing them but it happened. I can't help think that it has contributed to me being an even bigger social misfit. Everyone I know who plays video games is smart, way more than me anyway. I can't help but think that it has held me back intellectually and socially.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think video games make you smart so much as smart people like video games. But I'm really sorry to hear about that. :(
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

@Radio Blue Heart: No need to feel stupid because you don't get RPG and Video game references. Ignorance is not stupidity. I don't get them either and I was skipped ahead four grades in school.

But I'm really sorry you had to go through that. :( I don't know your parents or your teachers and am reticent to judge them without knowing all the facts, but I can't believe that a responsible teacher would ever talk about a student's "intellectual inferiority" or that student's mother's "deficiencies as a parent". Who is that teacher to judge things like that? In addition, I don't cotton to parents beating their children, for any reason. It doesn't teach children right from wrong, it just makes them afraid to do some things. And I don't like the idea of prescribing medication for those kinds of problems, either, not if there's a better way.

Again, there is no reason to think that not playing video games, in and of itself, has "held you back" intellectually or socially. As I said, I stopped playing video games after the Sega Genesis/Super NES days and never got back into them after that, and I have a somewhat high IQ. But I can't grasp organic chemistry--I had to take it TWICE. But I don't think I'm STUPID because of that! Intelligence isn't a spectrum whereby either you're smart or you're not--there are multiple kinds of intelligences. While you may lack a talent in one thing, you may be VERY talented in something else.

So take heart. There's ALWAYS going to be someone who's better or worse at any one given thing than you are, so you can't judge yourself by them.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

What if you are stupid and untalented at everything you do? I can't help but feel inferior to my peers. They say you will only get disappointed if you compare yourself to others... there will always be someone better than you. Well, then what's the point of trying? There is no point in trying! We can't do anything about natural talent. Just accept the fact that you're a burger flipper and the next guy is a CEO.

Sorrow: I'm so ashamed I cannot show my face to my friends anymore.
Sorrow: Much money is being spent on coffee.
Joy: I think I'm becoming less of a bitter, cynical person.
Sorrow: I'm still lonely
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I dunno, you strike me as a very smart person!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Thank you I guess...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

If we're going to talk about how stupid we all are, we could be here all day. = P (Sleet will be here boasting about her intelligence and trying to make people feel better about themselves.)

Intelligence isn't even a big deal. I consider myself smart: I easily and rapidly analyze and adapt to new information, have exceptional memory, and tend to excel at things even when I'm just starting out. That doesn't mean I'm shoehorned into having a "smart" degree or job. My hobbies and interests aren't limited to what "smart" people do. I don't get video game or anime references, 92.5% of the time. I'm not a supernerd. I'd rather be a cop or paramedic than lawyer or neurosurgeon. *shrugs* Life is what you make of it. If you use what you have to the best of your ability and apply said ability to what you love, it's pretty hard to go wrong.

Oh, and I still totally feel inferior to people a lot of the time. Am I? No, just like nobody else here is worth less than any other person.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy: I'm smarter than the 11th graders at my school and scare my teachers when I'm in the mood for being smart.
Sent from my conifer.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Wanderer wrote:What if you are stupid and untalented at everything you do? I can't help but feel inferior to my peers. They say you will only get disappointed if you compare yourself to others... there will always be someone better than you. Well, then what's the point of trying? There is no point in trying! We can't do anything about natural talent. Just accept the fact that you're a burger flipper and the next guy is a CEO.

You are not alone on that. You are at least smarter than me. I doubt you have anything to be so ashamed of. They will accept you.

If you are lonely, you at least have us. Every one here has been kind enough to let me vent. Let go of what you have and maybe we can help.

Try switching to hot chocolate. Its cheaper and it is easier on your digestive track.

And to everyone who had such kind words for me. Thank you. Even though we may never meet face to face, I love you.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
FlintTheSquirrel

Sorrow: Planed to see The Secret World of Arrietty yesterday. Got a 14 Hour Blackout.
Planed to see The Secret World of Arrietty today. 30 minutes before we planned to go, some random job associate in Dominos got stuck in the mud so my family needs to pull him out.

It will be about 3 days or more till the next time my brother and sister will be available, either that, or they will watch it at 12 tonight without me.

Edit: Finally a change for the better. That employee found someone to help him get pulled out without my family having to get involved so they have come home. Meaning I might get to see the movie. To bad I got school early tomorrow, I will only get 5 1/2 hours of sleep, won't be to good on that aspect.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Joy: on the snowboarding trip right now. Going pretty good so far...
Joy: the house we're staying at has wifi!
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Wanderer wrote:What if you are stupid and untalented at everything you do? I can't help but feel inferior to my peers. They say you will only get disappointed if you compare yourself to others... there will always be someone better than you. Well, then what's the point of trying? There is no point in trying! We can't do anything about natural talent. Just accept the fact that you're a burger flipper and the next guy is a CEO.

That just means you haven't found your talent yet--either that or you haven't put in the practice to discover that you have a talent for it. You don't have to be better than everyone else just to be worthwhile, friend. I wish I were a better Christian than I am, but my life isn't over yet--there's still time.

And you're not too ashamed to show your face here, right? ;)

That's good that you're becoming less bitter and cynical--hold onto that!
PF chars

--Phoenix

Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Sorrow: I just don't relate to other human beings, vol 1 of many.
I figured that since I am relatively anonymous, this might be cheaper and better than therapy.

Just going over some of the strip discussion threads, people make numerous references to RPGs and Video games, and I feel stupid because I don't get them.

Here's my sad story. When I started school, I had an attention problem that went undiagnosed. My teachers couldn't understand why I did not want to copy poems about clouds off of the board and why material taught to the test was not terribly fascinating to me. This meant a parent-teacher conference where the teacher made vague references to my intellectual inferiority and my mother's deficiencies as a parent. After we got home from that brow beating, my mom sat me down and demanded to know what I was thinking about when I wasn't paying attention to memorization of end of grade test material. Even at that age I knew what negative reinforcement was even though I didn't know the name. All I knew was that something I liked was about to be removed from my environment. At the time, there were only two things that really brought me any joy, my beat-up old Nintendo and my comic book collection. While being grilled about it, I weighed my options and decided that by comparison my comics were cheaper and more versatile form of entertainment. So I said, "games".

The console and all the games were put in a box, taped up, and put in a storage shed that I was forbidden from retrieving under threat of beating. Later that year, they put me on Riddalin that turned me into a zombie until I just stopped taking it. But from then on my mom would chase me away from anything video game related like I would catch germs from it. Years later my mom brought home a PS2 that was given to her by my cousin when he got a PS3. I looked at it like it was a piece of alien technology. After a short life time of being deprived of it, it was just so foreign to me.

It seems so outrageous, a kid these day not playing them but it happened. I can't help think that it has contributed to me being an even bigger social misfit. Everyone I know who plays video games is smart, way more than me anyway. I can't help but think that it has held me back intellectually and socially.
Wow, that's pretty much the same thing that happened to me later in elementary school. I was unable to play video games from the time I got diagnosed with "ADD" and the time I moved out and by that time I lost all interest. I also got prescribed with Riddalin but I rarely took it

I don't feel any less intelligent and neither should you. It's just like all the other hobbies. I kinda understand the whole "bigger social misfit", though. It's hard to find something to talk about when all your friends favorite hobbies are video games.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Intelligence isnt all it's made out to be.
I graduated top of my high school class so in am academic sense it's safe to say I'm at least somewhat intelligent, but you'd never know it talking to me. A lot of people I met outside of school had me pegged as a C student.

And there's no positive corelation between video games and intelligence, I know plenty of ridiculously stupid people that play a ton of video games.

Just my two cents on the issue.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Joy: Talked to my best friend quite a lot. Generally had a good time. I've also managed to correct some mental barriers that interrupted various things I want to do. (It's kind of confusing) I also feel positive today. Something that's generally quite random and out of control. ^^
Sorrow: Hotel internet is broken again. Using my phone's dataplan. But since it's a first gen iPhone. I only get edge speeds. >30KB/s D:

Annoyed: My cat slept on my tabletPC last night. She covered it in fur and caused an impossible crash of windows. (I can't find any explanation as to what exactly caused it, definitely didn't overheat, it was on the lock screen.. so keystrokes should be ignored)
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
SirSlappy

Post by SirSlappy »

Joy: Decided to finally make myself learn to play the drums (and maybe start on the guitar).
Joy: pancake day today!! *dances around the dinner table*
[insert witty comment here]
You can PM me if you feel like it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Let me know if you need any advice on drums!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Joy: I have to do just two more hours of driving time to get my licence YES!
Inconvenient sorrow: I have those last 2 hours set up for March 1st since its the next available time.
Joy 2: The Playstation Vita is coming out tomorrow and I have most of it paid off already
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:I almost ruined my chance to play IM hockey this year by misreading a date but I got it figured out

Sorrow: There aren't any checking leagues

Joy: Slept for 11 hours today
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
SirSlappy

Post by SirSlappy »

Sleet wrote:Let me know if you need any advice on drums!
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! :)
[insert witty comment here]
You can PM me if you feel like it.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: IMMA NINJA!!!!

I ordered them from Cold Steel for like $12 each.
Great deal if you ask me!
ImageImage

QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

Sorrow: I know this really doesn't matter since I should be fine not having a beautiful singing tone but I don't feel that way. I hate that I can't sing so well. Before you say I just want to do this for the money, I just want to say that I don't care about that. Is there something so wrong with wanting to do what makes you happy even if you aren't that good at it? I don't even know if signing up for vocal lessons will do me any good. I have though about giving it up but I can't help wanting to sing. I'm just crazy like that. How would I describe my voice? flat, airy, nasally, quiet, shaky, void of emotion even though I honestly try to sing with emotion, and overall just annoying. Why I don't even like the sound of my speaking voice. I know that I'm doing something wrong when I keep losing my breath about every 5 or 10 seconds. I'm sure that if I found a vocal couch who wasn't bothered by how terrible I sound that I might be able to learn something about singing correctly. I don't know if I talked about this before or not. Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time. If you want, I can just keep these feelings to myself in the future so I won't be a problem for you.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Practice. Keep singing. Work on your pitch and your scales and arpeggios. Sing along with the radio. Sing in the shower. Even if it sounds bad, do your best, and always pour your heart into it.

Or just get lessons. Either way, practice is how the great become great.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

QRS3000 wrote:Sorrow: I know this really doesn't matter since I should be fine not having a beautiful singing tone but I don't feel that way. I hate that I can't sing so well. Before you say I just want to do this for the money, I just want to say that I don't care about that. Is there something so wrong with wanting to do what makes you happy even if you aren't that good at it? I don't even know if signing up for vocal lessons will do me any good. I have though about giving it up but I can't help wanting to sing. I'm just crazy like that. How would I describe my voice? flat, airy, nasally, quiet, shaky, void of emotion even though I honestly try to sing with emotion, and overall just annoying. Why I don't even like the sound of my speaking voice. I know that I'm doing something wrong when I keep losing my breath about every 5 or 10 seconds. I'm sure that if I found a vocal couch who wasn't bothered by how terrible I sound that I might be able to learn something about singing correctly. I don't know if I talked about this before or not. Anyway, I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time. If you want, I can just keep these feelings to myself in the future so I won't be a problem for you.
I like to sing, privately in my car w/ music haha, but my advice you you would be to keep practicing.
And never think that you aren't good. The only thing that matters is that you try and to keep it in your heart if it makes you happy. I really don't know how my voice sounds, but I like the way I hear it and that is like a Private Victory to me.
But what ever you do, don't give up. You'll get there someday, just believe in yourself.

Also, don't over think it. Lessons are great, but don't let yourself be limited by rules.
Just go with what is natural. Think of your singing as letting out your emotions.
Tell yourself that you are good at this and you will only get better.
ImageImage

The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sorrow: Well, I have news I'm not to eager for. I'm going to miss my entire April vacation due to surgical recovery time. I have an operation scheduled for the Friday before vacation starts, than I have to recover for 10 days. And this is all to get my tonsoles removed, really? My tonsoles are large and every three weeks they get inflamed and make it hard to swallow, so this should remove that problem for good, so its not all bad I guess.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Joy: I think my second interview went really well, and I'm likely to get the job.

Sorrow: On my way into the place, while I was slowing down to turn, I noticed that the guy behind me was not going to stop. So I stopped braking and just turned into the place. At 30 mph. And hit a curb. My left front rim is now bent of shape. The car is on a crappy-looking, dinky spare tire right now, until I can go up and drop 100 dollars to get this fixed. ASdfsfdsf...

Best thing about all this? On my way back from the first interview, I got rear-ended. So ... two trips, two incidents of damage to my car. If I were a superstitious man, I'd be staying the heck away from that place xD