Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Are you sure Half Life 3 won't turn into Duke Nukem Forever? Believe me, it woulnd't surprise me anymore.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Quick refence
http://www.gamestm.co.uk/discuss/when-w ... ays-valve/
Anyways, with Valve, they always take their time with games, they are never released without being "just right" which means YEARS of development time, except in the case of Left 4 Dead 2, and that was a good game made in a year's time. I have hope for Half Life 3.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Apparently they showed off a Scribblenauts for Wii U
If the console itself is worth it, and the game does something new, that's definitely top of the list
Image Image
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well the Wii U is looking to be better than I expected, so I expect it to be worth it. Plus Super Smash Bros.: Conflict!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
exranio

Post by exranio »

And some of you thought it was all a gimmick.

*happily stands on his "I was right" box*
But In all seriousness I can't wait for some ZombieU gameplay.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

GameCobra wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:...I'm probably misunderstanding you, but the PS4 is probably gonna be out soon. Even though the PS2 is one of the best consoles of all time, live in the future~
Planetside 2!

Be there!

Rawr! :D
I wish I had a beta key D:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The final nail of the coffin for me why i think PS2 is going to be my favourite game ever. <3

Also, i'm a New Conglomerate when this comes out. =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Really? I would probably choose Terran (speed) or Vanu sovereignty (alien technology).
Most likely Terran though.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm one of those freedom fighter types =P

Also, the Vanu have versatility in their alien technology. That's what makes them good. From hover tanks to jetpacked MAX suits to air fighters that can do both anti-air and anti-ground. i love the big guns and huge armor that NC has, however.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Actually from the videos I've watched, the Terrans always seem to lose against the Vanu for some reason.
So I'll probably choose Vanus. :P
So glad this game is f2p. It will probably be lots of gigabytes to download... I don't know if my laptop could handle it to be honest.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm late for class, and I feel slightly ill this morning, yet I need to post this here.

Pokemon Black 2 & Pokemon White 2 trailer

It surprises the bajeebus out of me that they would do an anime-styled trailer for the upcoming Pokemon game, and a really good one at that! Love the moment when Arcanine and Lucario launched their attacks.

Ok, now I really have to run to class. Bye! *runs*

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I find it kinda funny how the animators seem to have forgotten to put the glass in a couple characters glasses in that cinematic. :p
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

Apparently the Nintendo Wii U will have Mass Effect 3.
And a crazy good trailer(?) for a Majora's Mask remake has also been released. Here's to hoping it's real!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

kurowolfe wrote:I'm late for class, and I feel slightly ill this morning, yet I need to post this here.

Pokemon Black 2 & Pokemon White 2 trailer

It surprises the bajeebus out of me that they would do an anime-styled trailer for the upcoming Pokemon game, and a really good one at that! Love the moment when Arcanine and Lucario launched their attacks.

Ok, now I really have to run to class. Bye! *runs*
That trailer is better than the show has been in like a decade. o.o
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RootsofOrigin wrote: And a crazy good trailer(?) for a Majora's Mask remake has also been released. Here's to hoping it's real!
I'm 99% sure its fake sadly. When the Mask Salesman talks its in English, there's no way dialogue wouldn't still be in Japanese since its not even out in Japan yet.
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

IceKitsune wrote:I'm 99% sure its fake sadly. When the Mask Salesman talks its in English, there's no way dialogue wouldn't still be in Japanese since its not even out in Japan yet.
Dream killer :p
Still, very well done.
And where does the other 1% go?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RootsofOrigin wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I'm 99% sure its fake sadly. When the Mask Salesman talks its in English, there's no way dialogue wouldn't still be in Japanese since its not even out in Japan yet.
Dream killer :p
Still, very well done.
And where does the other 1% go?
Hope my friend it goes to hope.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I don't think it'd be that difficult to add a few lines of text in english for a trailer, tbh. :P
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

virtua fighter 5 final showdown.... @_@

it's just... beautiful. i'm crying, it's incredible
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Well, the thing about it is that no one's uploaded a version with the original Japanese, which leads me to believe there *is* no original Japanese; in other words: fan-made.

The other tip-off is that there's not a single clip of actual gameplay footage. When it comes to Nintendo trailers, they almost always show a section of story cinematic followed by a clip montage of real gameplay. Also, considering how famous the LoZ series is for its powerful music tracks, I can't imagine a trailer for one of those classic games without a reprise of the original tunes. To keep them out would just be a poor marketing decision because that instills that feeling of epic nostalgia in all the hardcore fans.

Pretty sure it's fake. Well-done. But fake.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I demand Virtua On!

Also OMG Virtua Fighter 5, so hype!
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

trust me exranio, virtua fighter 5 fs is just brilliant. it's not an upgrade, it's a true sequel, too much things has changed... i require the move and frame lists now, it is an another game compared to vf5
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

can somebody tell me what this game is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfMFhWL0 ... ture=g-u-u
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I'm guessing you're referring to the zombie game that they were all singing an unfitting song to? It's called Zombi-U; one of the new games coming out for the Wii-U (clever, huh?).

It's a survival horror game where you apparently actually die if a zombie bites you. This fact makes me happy.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

that does sound pretty cool. Just a shame if it's only on Wii-U.

And definitely unfitting. I mean, how much more stereotypically English could they have made it. :P
The Grey Wolverine

They could have had tea and crumpets :P .

Also, isn't the Wii-U supposed to have like, a normal controller you can use?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:They could have had tea and crumpets :P .

Also, isn't the Wii-U supposed to have like, a normal controller you can use?
Yes I believe its called the Wii-U Pro Controller, and it looks exactly like the XBox-360 controller.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I could rant for days on end on how disappointed I am with Nintendo for the Wii-U pro controller. On the bright side, at least we can clearly see Nintendo stealing from Microsoft. I'm tempted to say it's a bigger steal then Microsoft's Kinect.

(also, just saw the Assasins Creed III trailer, and liked the attention to detail as we saw the Templar logo around the leader's next)
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

44R0NM10 wrote:that does sound pretty cool. Just a shame if it's only on Wii-U.
Yeah, it's a shame, but it definitely looks like it'll be Wii-U exclusive. If the name isn't enough of a give-away, then the trailer they released showing how heavily the Wii-U controller is integrated into the gameplay kinda drives the final metaphorical nail.
I'm tempted to say it's a bigger steal then Microsoft's Kinect.
Nahhh. I'd say that's going too far. Kinect was stealing the primary gimmick of the Wii as a system; taking the shape of a controller is hardly in the same ballpark. :p
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

RootsofOrigin wrote:Apparently the Nintendo Wii U will have Mass Effect 3.
And a crazy good trailer(?) for a Majora's Mask remake has also been released. Here's to hoping it's real!
The video title even says fanmade. How did you think it was real?
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

So, has anyone else here played the DayZ mod for ArmA II?

It is amazingly awesome!

ArmA, somewhat of an army simulation "game".

DayZ takes place on the map Chernarus from ArmA II, the map itself is 225km2 big. So it is sort of a sandbox game.

It obviously has zombies in it, hence the Z in "DayZ". It's.. Very, very... intense. You spawn, there are absolutely no rules. All you spawn with is a gun, some food/water and some painkillers and flares. You'd think that the zombies would be what would be to kill you first, sure. But most of the times, you will most likely die by the hands of another player. While it is possible to team up, you better be careful. You can never trust anyone you meet in the game fully, only your friends.

Oh, and there's permadeath. If you die, you die and you have to start over from somewhere along the shore. But that is kind of what adds to the... exciting elements of the game. You have to be super careful, all the time. You are never safe, there could be players anywhere, disguised with ghillie suits ready to shoot you.

Even though it's... unforgiving nature, the game is incredibly fun and I suggest anyone that is into survival 'horror' games to check this out!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
exranio

Post by exranio »

The Xbox controller is probably one of the best in terms of being comfortable and fitting nicely in the players hand.

It's not copying, it's being smart.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Xbox 360. The Xbox's controller was awful.

I also was partial to the Gamecube's controller. I think those two were the best traditional controllers of all time.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Sleet wrote:I also was partial to the Gamecube's controller. I think those two were the best traditional controllers of all time.
^ This fox right here knows what's up.

Gamecube controllers were the best.
The Grey Wolverine

Sleet wrote:Xbox 360. The Xbox's controller was awful.
The problem with the Xbox's controller is that it was TOO BIG FOR WHAT IT NEEDED TO BE.
NogitsuneGabriel

Post by NogitsuneGabriel »

As comfortable as the Gamecube controller was I have to take some points off from it for using Hexagon gates for it's analog sticks. Microsoft and Sony's analog sticks would use circular gates while Nintendo kept using Hexagons all the way up to the Wii. They're good for precise movements, but not so well for smooth movement.
The C-Stick is also too small. There's not enough surface area to give it a good grip for long periods of time. The D-Pad also suffers from this.
The Analog sticks also lack click-able R3 and L3 buttons. Not necessary for most Nintendo games, but certainly a deterrent for many 3rd Party games. Multi-platform games would have to rework the controls to compensate for the lack of usable buttons.

Since the Wii-U pro controller matches the Xbox 360 controller so closely it shouldn't be too much of a problem porting controls from one system to another. The best advantage the Wii-U pro controller has over the 360 is a usable D-pad.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet wrote:I also was partial to the Gamecube's controller. I think those two were the best traditional controllers of all time.
I'm still a huge fan of the Nintendo 64 controller. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
The Grey Wolverine

I was really NEVER a fan of the Gamecube controller, and there is a reason. So, I have a friend named Nick, and Nick had a Gamecube years ago, and his brother gave him a PS2 and an old Xbox his roommate gave him, he liked the Gamecube, didn't have a lot of co-op games, and I owned a PS2 and the games for that, neither of us had many co-op games for it that were that good. And we'd end up playing the Xbox most of the time, because there were more co-op games on it that were good. So, I rarely played the gamecube, and being a Playstation guy up until I hurt my hands(weird story, I might get to that later) I was completly thrown off by the layout of the Gamecube controller, I mean it was weird to use, I had trouble getting used to the button and stick layout, and I really had trouble even just using it in like, Smashbrothers I just couldn't get used to it.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

The Humble Bundle ends in a week but my birthday isn't until in another month :(
Sent from my conifer.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

The Humble Bundle can easily be free. You can buy it for a penny.