My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Sleet »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:but The Anthology II did make them the Chipettes.
That was pretty painful.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Sleet wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:but The Anthology II did make them the Chipettes.
That was pretty painful.
I was actually really enjoying that part... until it reached the chorus.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:actually that was Schnuffel bunny.
I know. But Schnuffel Bunny is basically the German, solo equivalent, so... yeah. Haha.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Okay, so lets see, I went to a meetup two days ago, my second big meetup.
I was really happy to see TheArtrix there again, it was a blast talking to him the last time around.

(Me in the middle, disOrder to the right and TheArtrix to the left)

I was explaining to him how I lost my tablet pen and getting a new pen was 40 euro's.
he reached into his bag and handed me his tablet and said: "Take it, I haven't used it for a year anyway"

I was dumbstruck by this.... this means a ton to me, i can't evne explain.

After that I went to Rotterdam with him and some other people from the meetup, we ate pizza, watched art of the dress before heading home.

so, YAY TABLET!

Sketch of his that I have on my wall, first thing I did was outline and color it.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Nice to hear about the tablet. And good to see how much worked out for you two days ago. Me? I'm not much of a artist nut at the moment, but i know you enjoyed it X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

IceKitsune wrote:Mock Battle
So, this link led me to a picture, whose description led me to a web forum, which led me to a particular thread, which led me to an EQD article called "Lyra's List". Which is basically a monthly list of games that various teams of bronies are working on, or want to work on, and a place for animators, writers, etc. to put themselves out there to get some experience or to work with a game they find to be particularly promising.

And I must say that I found several games that look to be quite promising. The first I found was MLP: Life Simulator, which is exactly what it says it is; basically a more in-depth version of the game that Hasbro released on their website, simulating a life in Ponyville. The name is just a placeholder "until someone cleverer can think of something catchier". Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's gotten off the ground yet, and as the article pitching it is over two months old now, I'm not sure if it will be getting off the ground. :/

Another that stood out to me was called Filly Quest - Nightmare Night. This one has quite a bit of thought put into it and looks like it'll be an interesting mix of the old-school, open-world adventure games (think Spyro or Banjo Kazooie). They actually have a couple alpha test videos up on Youtube; just search the title.

My Little Pony: Equestria Adventure is yet another which caught my eye. This one also has a little bit of gameplay available (very basic alpha build, of course; found here), and appears to be modeled pretty heavily from the classic Sonic titles. Now, I never got into the Sonic games myself, but this game does seem to get the sense of speed down pretty well. It has some backstory, so it appears that it will be at least minorly plot-based as well, which is cool. It also has some fun animations for the running and a nice feel to the controls; the jumping is a bit clunky, however it's something I expect will be improved in future builds.

And finally: Luna's Quest. This one is a point-and-click adventure game (which are rare these days, so I'm hoping it'll be done well), but unfortunately doesn't have much to show just yet. There are a couple pictures in the description, which give an idea of the art style and quality of the cutscenes (which are different than the actual gameplay, needless to say), and they look quite nice. This is another that I hope to see more of.

If you wanna see more of the games that are potentially coming (or if you'd like to do some work on them yourself!), you can check out "Lyra's List" on EQD. There are three of them out currently (one from May, one from June, and one for this month), and each has several game pitches in them. The ones I listed are just the ones that stood out most to me (Mock Equestrian Wars, which IceKitsune linked to a picture of, is also there), so there may be others that would interest you more.

There isn't much need for voice actors (particularly male ones, for obvious reasons), unfortunately, but I know that there are a few artists around here, and there's always a need for those. So, yeah.

:3

Edit: Fixed a couple links...
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

KJOokami wrote:Everything up there ^
Wow. I had no idea there were so many games being made.

Onto what I came here to do in the first place.

Does anyone else seem to think that Sweetie Belle is a little puggy compared to the other CMC? I mean, she doesn't look fat, but just seems to have a little more... there. I don't know.

Really, I know that she is the same when it actually comes to the animation, but there is just something that that makes her seem... puggy. Does anyone else see this?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

JeffCvt wrote:Really, I know that she is the same when it actually comes to the animation, but there is just something that that makes her seem... puggy. Does anyone else see this?
I hadn't noticed, but I do understand the idea of seeing differences between the character models that don't actually exist

I think it's interesting that eventually you (and this is an informal ambiguous you, not you specifically) get so used to everyone being built on the same character model that you forget about it and start filling in the blanks by seeing differences anyways.
Image Image
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

JeffCvt wrote:Wow. I had no idea there were so many games being made.
I know; neither did I. I was already watching the guys making Fighting is Magic and My Little Investigations, and I'd heard talk of a PonyKart, but aside from that, I had no idea so many ideas were being thrown around. It's just one more reason that this fandom is amazing. <3
JeffCvt wrote:Really, I know that she is the same when it actually comes to the animation, but there is just something that that makes her seem... puggy. Does anyone else see this?
I don't really see her as pudgy. I kind of think of her as the bright-eyed, pudgy cheeked "baby" of the group. She's a bit absent-minded at times in her naivety, and the super squeaky, high-pitched voice really solidifies that image.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I can kinda see that view, but they [do have the same body shape.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I know they do, but if just seems that Scootaloo's wings and Applebloom's... everything distract from that shape. Sweetie Belle doesn't seem to have anything (For me anyway) to distract from seeing the pugginess when it is a view from the front.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

So how long do people think Friendship Is Magic is going to last anyway? I understand the FIM fandom is really young, but Hasbo's had 'critically acclaimed' seasons before with Transformers and the most we saw that style of art and such go was about four seasons and we are already looking at season three, which is pretty old in animation.

I don't think we'll see more then five seasons max, because sooner or later, no matter how vocal bronies are, Hasbro is going to want to do other things with the IP and at that point, I think we are going to see a fandom split, where the die hard MLP fans stick around and a lot of the new fans shuffle off/get upset and leave to find other shows to support. I'm just wondering how well bronies are going to take it when Hasbro says. "Look, it's been great guys, but it's time for us to move on." Given the tremendous outcry that the fanbase can put forth, I just don't know if they are ready for the time when the Mane 6 run off into the sunset. We already have grumblings with Lauren moving on from the show and new writers having to brave a mindfield of entitled fans who are ready to thumbs down anything that doesn't suit them perfectly (MareDoWell)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I have nightmares about this kind of stuff. For starters, I can't believe we're already waiting for season 3. I understand that, eventually, Friendship is Magic will end. I'm extremely saddened by the thought, but I accept it. G5 won't be the same as G4, but it doesn't have to be to still be good. I'll stick around for whatever comes next, and I'll hang around here with any of y'all that do the same. And hopefully, our friendships will carry on to whatever comes next.

And if it helps, think of it this way. Better to end on a high note and fond memories with season 4 or five, then just keep going on and on and on and on to 20-plus seasons and become a joke and disgrace to what it used to be. *looks angrily at The Simpsons*
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Hard to say, It will never die out completely, what I think we will see happening is that a part of the fan base will move on to a new show, perhaps something like wander over yonder for example.

But I doubt it will ever have the impact that MLP now has.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I just hope that when they do get around to ending it, that they go out with an actual decided ending, rather than simply doing the usual slice-of-life episodes and then just cutting it off on a random, unimportant note. Given how they finished off S2, I'm hoping that that won't be a problem, but depending on how long they do drag it out, and how many people of the original staff have left by then, it's still entirely possible.

I kinda hope that they save the obligatory feature length film for the series until the very end, and use that as their means of sending the generation off.

As for how I think the rest of the community will react? Unfortunately, in my honest opinion, I feel that a very large group of them are going to handle it very, very badly. If past... incidents in the show are any indication, there will certainly be some fans that are going to absolutely flip their ****. And it won't be pretty. By any means.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think it will end with a bang. They like doing season finales, after all. I'll be sad but I'll still love the show! It's not going anywhere. It just won't have new episodes.

The fans will probably make an episode or so. I imagine that would suck.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I'd pin it between three and five seasons, I think by then they'll have gotten through the fresh material, but you never know.
Image Image
exranio

Post by exranio »

I remember when the creator made the original post for Luna Quest.

Basically boiled down to something likes this "I want to make a graphic adventure game starring Luna, similar to Sierra and Lucas arts games. But I don't want to have so many deaths with nearly everything about to kill you."

To which my mental responce was
"Sierra adventure with out all the dying? Forget this, I'm outta here"

Sierra style adventure
less dying
To me thats a huge block of "missing the point" even if that's not the actual point. It is to me!
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

funny
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

That...I just...wow. I don't know what to say to that.

On another note, for whatever My Little Pony show that comes next, would y'all prefer it be more fantasy like G1, or more modern and slice of life like My Little Pony Tales, where it was basically the real world. Only with ponies.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'd like it to have the same slice of life to fantasy ratio as FiM, but if I had to choose I'd go with fantasy.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Same with Brent. MLPT just seems like a weird and undesirable concept.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I think FiM got it right with the balance. Everyone can relate to the lifestyle and it still doesn't seem out of place or anything.

And I can say that because I just finished re-watching all the episodes less than 5 minutes ago.
*Sigh* I just watched every episode again, I have a few songs based on MLP in my i-tunes, I read Penwrite's fan-fic (and may I just say that it is awesome), I constantly post in this thread, and for no other reason than boredom, I recently made this

I think it's time to admit it to myself, I am a brony. (And that pony is just something I made, not an OC or anything. I was just like "I want to make a red pony" one day and did)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I'd just like everyone to know that I currently own approximately 3.9% of the posts in this thread.

Also, I don't suppose anyone would know who the artist behind this picture is, would you? It came up in my feed on FB a little bit ago and the line-work for it is freaking gorgeous, but the person who posted it doesn't know who the artist is. ; ~;

Halp.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

http://joey-darkmeat.deviantart.com/
warning: a little bit of saucy stuff in there

as for the end of the show
i will be sad when it all ends
but i have met some great people because of it

besides, it's not like we have to stop hanging out when it ends
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

mariomarc wrote:http://joey-darkmeat.deviantart.com/
warning: a little bit of saucy stuff in there
Ah! Glorious.

Many thanks, friend.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I still say it will go about 4 or 5 max with maybe a TV/Direct to DVD movie or something. Anymore then that would be amazing. Of course there is always the off chance that they just change the name and keep the setting or do a spin off or something. I also have a feeling they are at least going to try to keep the quality of the property at this level (or higher maybe) from now on; don't know if they will pull it off but I really really hope so.

As for Slice of Life vs. Fantasy: keep it around the same level as FiM. I would love to see more Adventure stuff in it though.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

After watching "Ponies the Anthology II" does anyone here plan to do any PMVs or remixes?

I would but I don't have any editing software on my computer and I have zero patients and even less free time. I guess if I did one, I would set Rainbow to the CKY song "Disengage the Simulator".
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I have an idea for one that I don't know how to pull it off. "The Lunatics Have Taken Over the Asylum" because these ponies are crazy.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

this right here is how you do a humanized cosplay

those eyes
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

not fully humanized. She still has a horn and ears. still good though.

I'm still planning my humanized changeling cosplay. Just need to get a hoodie and pants I can cut holes in.
and a couple other things probably.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I would love to put together a Vinyl cosplay. The main problem would be getting a decent wig though, I think.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

and there's the beauty of the changeling cosplay. just a hoodie and pants (and my sunglasses which have lenses similar in color to their eyes). take the hoodie off and you blend in with all the non-changelings, just like the changelings changing form.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Yeah, unfortunately the only ones I'd really be interested in putting together a cosplay for would be Twilight and Vinyl. But both would require some pretty fancy wigs.

Gender-bended cosplay, of course.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

anyone heard about Nanook?

her character Gari is going to be a filly in the children of the night animation,

http://firstnightmarenight.blogspot.ca/
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

so i'm pretty sure bronies are really changing everything

the new barbie show
is popular
the episodes are all 3 mins long and have several hundred thousand views each
and it's not bad

there is shipping
and i'm not sure it's a joke

seriously
bronies are making such a change on people
it's actually weirding me out now
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Wait, what? New Barbie show? GOOD Barbie show!?

That reminds me, I wonder how that new Care Bears show is doing...
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well if it's anything like Jem I can dig it.
♪Truly, truly, truly outrageous♪
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

it's just ridiculously self aware and funny
it doesn't try to teach kids anything
it just goes for being a comedy
and it does it well
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

The royalty of Equestria make an official state visit to Japan. Anime-ness insues...

"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil