So, I'm confused

Discuss the comic here
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Re: So, I'm confused

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Can we REALLY consider King to be Pete's avatar in the first place? After all, they have dissenting views, and Pete seems more like a father trying (and failing) to handle his rebellious son than King's controller. Tarot, meanwhile, has times where she is taken over by Dragon.

To note, would that mean that all it would take to control their is through some kind of signal given to either the avatar through the controller or to the controller via the avatar? Because with Tarot it seems like both has happened (the time she turned into Dragon during that one arc whose name seems to have escaped me, and the time Dragon momentarily took over Tarot when Peanut was venting about the lack of dragons in the books with dragons on the covers, respectively).
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Can we REALLY consider King to be Pete's avatar in the first place?
I'll say yes. After seeing the way they both treat each other, it's like it's matter of destiny they have to fight. You can smell the hate, and cut the tension with a knife. :lol:
To note, would that mean that all it would take to control their is through some kind of signal given to either the avatar through the controller or to the controller via the avatar? Because with Tarot it seems like both has happened (the time she turned into Dragon during that one arc whose name seems to have escaped me, and the time Dragon momentarily took over Tarot when Peanut was venting about the lack of dragons in the books with dragons on the covers, respectively).
Only Dragon can take control of Tarot, not the opposite. Dragon is using Tarot's body as the way to be her avatar (it's seems is a prerequisite that the player must share the body with the avatar). When Dragon takes control, she's able to transform Tarot's body in her own body (but that's just a transformation and that's the reason why she always have the "eye of Horus" engraved in her body). It's easy to notice when is Tarot and when is Dragon. Just check the color of the eyes: yellow for Tarot, and green for Dragon.

PS: And the full name is Spirit Dragon
ImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

King isn't Pete's avatar. He hasn't agreed to the job, that's the whole reason Pete invaded Heaven and stole his fate in the first place, to try and force him to become Pete's avatar.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Mickey the Luxray

It makes me wonder; what new punishment did Pete get for doing that? Or was the suspension from the game his punishment for taking King's fate? If so, who replaced him? Cerberus? Princess Celestia? Some other godlike figure?
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:It makes me wonder; what new punishment did Pete get for doing that? Or was the suspension from the game his punishment for taking King's fate?
Check it out: From here till here.
Here is the punishment.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Gren

Post by Gren »

Argent wrote:King isn't Pete's avatar. He hasn't agreed to the job, that's the whole reason Pete invaded Heaven and stole his fate in the first place, to try and force him to become Pete's avatar.
You take things too literally. I was just saying that even if they're not avatar and master right now, for the way they are, are meant to work together. Seeing this two together is just delightful. The same happens with Tarot. He hate her so much that seems his destiny to fight with her. Whenever these two appears in the same strip it's totally hilarious.
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Gren wrote:
Argent wrote:King isn't Pete's avatar. He hasn't agreed to the job, that's the whole reason Pete invaded Heaven and stole his fate in the first place, to try and force him to become Pete's avatar.
You take things too literally. I was just saying that even if they're not avatar and master right now, for the way they are, are meant to work together. Seeing this two together is just delightful. The same happens with Tarot. He hate her so much that seems his destiny to fight with her. Whenever these two appears in the same strip it's totally hilarious.
Those who fight one another, love one another. :D
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

To answer the question about Followers, they increase the mana pool. The more followers one has, the more mana is gained. That is explained in the trial in Heaven arc.

http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/05/2 ... -lifetime/

Look at the 3rd panel closely. It says right there that followers charge ones mana. This also explains avatars quite well too.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Bah! So many kind-hearthed people dying or suffering from congenital diseases, and, instead of healing them, at least some once in a while, this creatures get to live forever, have incredible powers, turn people into dogs and use mortal beings as shock troops in an RTS-like game. There is no justice.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Silly Zealot wrote:Bah! So many kind-hearthed people dying or suffering from congenital diseases, and, instead of healing them, at least some once in a while, this creatures get to live forever, have incredible powers, turn people into dogs and use mortal beings as shock troops in an RTS-like game. There is no justice.
Because this is quite obviously a reality show and not a webcomic. :roll:

I have yet to see one terminally ill person in this webcomic.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Also, the majority of Heaven's inhabitants we've been exposed to are giant nerds, playing a game. We haven't seen them attending to their "day jobs." (The exceptions are Bahamut and Cerberus.)

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

copper wrote: Because this is quite obviously a reality show and not a webcomic. :roll:

I have yet to see one terminally ill person in this webcomic.
In the backround of page 345, you can see a man in the backround with a serious skin disease, covered by a sensor bar, but is in the veeeery farthest part of the backround, so you have to watch very closely.

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

*raises an eyebrow* Excuse me?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Mickey the Luxray

*Gets out of the booth to let you leave*

To be honest, I don't get how Zealot would be able to tell that that guy has a skin disease when he's covered by a big black bar.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Dissension wrote:*raises an eyebrow* Excuse me?
Man, that Cerberus avatar sure comes to be useful while saying that!
Anyway, I have the platinum edition of housepets! that let's you see it uncensored and in 3-D!!!!
Watch the "FACE" punch so up close it will actually fissure ALL the bones in your skull! GUARANTEED!