Interchangeable Name x Name Signatures! (update)

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Re: Interchangeable Name x Name Signatures! (update)

Post by Typhon »

ReCreate wrote:
Zander wrote:This wasnt what i was expecting when i made these >_<
I expected people to be normal, non-creepy people, and use them like your supposed to.

Boy was i wrong.
You underestimate the internets.

You underestimate humanity.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I think both of you meant "overestimate."

Also, I'm a little disappointed by the lack of a "Dissension" userbar.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

Buckdida wrote: Or at least that had better have been what you were implying
What else could it have meant?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

NoelL wrote:
Buckdida wrote: Or at least that had better have been what you were implying
What else could it have meant?
It couldn't be.........
GASP a pet and owner relationship????? :shock:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Dissension wrote:I think both of you meant "overestimate."

Also, I'm a little disappointed by the lack of a "Dissension" userbar.
Both would work, as underestimate could mean he underestimates the ability of humanity to be just plain creepy, (ie whats happening here is far from what the rest of the Internets has in store), and overestimate could mean he overestimated the civility in discussing these userbars. Grammar Nazi rant complete.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Buckdida wrote:Seriously, why is it whenever any shipping thread comes along, things get needlessly creepy? These are some nice userbars, so don't get any more silly with this and I won't lock it, alright?
You heard the man! Stop being perverts making weird pairings.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Thankfully I think most if not all of the creepy posts have been in jest, not actually supporting such couples. Then again, you never know with shippers.

Not like being a joke keeps it from being creepy or anything.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I contributed most of the creepy pairings. They really are for fun, I truly support these pairings:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
NoelL

Post by NoelL »

ctcmjh wrote: ImageImage
Honest question: Does this pairing actually need 'support'? I mean, they're married and that's not likely to ever change.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

NoelL wrote:
ctcmjh wrote: ImageImage
Honest question: Does this pairing actually need 'support'? I mean, they're married and that's not likely to ever change.
I didn't think anyone CARED about those two.
Anthroguy101

BECAUSE I CAN!

Post by Anthroguy101 »

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

:lol:

rofl
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dr. Prower wrote:I didn't think anyone CARED about those two.
Me neither, really.... but what's with the Fox x King pairing? I thought that isn't allowed on the forums.... not that I have anything against it.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Alex wrote:
Me neither, really.... but what's with the Fox x King pairing? I thought that isn't allowed on the forums.... not that I have anything against it.
I don't think its against any of the rules (as far as I can see anyway) and none of the mods have said anything about it and Ebly posted some Shonen-ai pairings (even if he was completely joking about it) so I would say its ok. But then again I'm not a Mod or Rick so I'm just assuming here.

And while I'm here I might as well post everything I support.

For me there are three "levels" of support I have for pairing in any series

Level 1 are ships I actively support
Level 2 are ships I don't mind (a.k.a back up ships)
Level 3 are Shōnen-ai,Shoujo-ai and Crack/Unrealistic Pairings (Now depending on the series the Shōnen-ai and Shoujo-ai can be level 1 or 2 but not for this series) These are my just for fun pairings.

Level 1
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage Though I don't really think that this one needs any support
Level 2
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage Originally I did not like this pairing at all but the events of the Present changed my mind on it (and Bino in general at least a little)
And as for Level 3
ImageImage
ImageImage

Edit: There fixed for more appropriate wording I just used the original wording because I believed it would be more familiar to people and I didn't want to explain the difference to them it was never my intention to imply something inappropriate or break the rules in any way.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Alex wrote:
"X" simply means their together and/or love each other. There are many different ways to interpret love.

Hey, maybe Rick should try some of these martians Crack pairings in his comic? I think it's entirely possible to write it in.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

What degraded he discussion to this? :roll: But personally, I think that would totally ruin the comic. Well, at least for me.
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ReCreate wrote:What degraded he discussion to this? :roll: But personally, I think that would totally ruin the comic. Well, at least for me.
I'm pretty sure Rick has said martians pairings are taboo for the comic, but I'll let him speak for himself.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Teh Brawler wrote:
ReCreate wrote:What degraded he discussion to this? :roll: But personally, I think that would totally ruin the comic. Well, at least for me.
I'm pretty sure Rick has said martians pairings are taboo for the comic, but I'll let him speak for himself.
Yea I remember hearing that he said something like that too.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Using terms like "martians" has many implications beyond just the genders of those involved, none of which are appropriate topics for this forum. I'm not trying to minimod or anything but some things need to be said. This thread is most likely going be closed in a few days if the topic doesn't go back to innocent things.

EDIT: Aaaaaand people continue to use the word. Fantastic.
Last edited by Sleet on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Zander

Post by Zander »

Sleet wrote:Using terms like "martians" has many implications beyond just the genders of those involved, none of which are appropriate topics for this forum. I'm not trying to minimod or anything but some things need to be said. This thread is most likely going be closed in a few days if the topic doesn't go back to innocent things.
I dont mind if its closed, as long as people can still get the userbars from this thread.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Zander wrote:
Sleet wrote:Using terms like "martians" has many implications beyond just the genders of those involved, none of which are appropriate topics for this forum. I'm not trying to minimod or anything but some things need to be said. This thread is most likely going be closed in a few days if the topic doesn't go back to innocent things.
I dont mind if its closed, as long as people can still get the userbars from this thread.
Actually, that would be impossible from this thread if it's closed, as the URLs would be unobtainable.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Zander

Post by Zander »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Zander wrote:
Actually, that would be impossible from this thread if it's closed, as the URLs would be unobtainable.

right click>copy image url

Well, i have that.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

I think people should lighten up. Just use appropriate terms and i don't see anything wrong with having a bit of fun making ridiculous parings.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Anthroguy101 wrote:
Alex wrote:
"X" simply means their together and/or love each other. There are many different ways to interpret love.

Hey, maybe Rick should try some of these martians Crack pairings in his comic? I think it's entirely possible to write it in.
Maybe Rick could throw his entire hard drive into a river while he's at it too. Seriously, martians pairings would make the comic awful.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Dr. Prower wrote:Maybe Rick could throw his entire hard drive into a river while he's at it too. Seriously, martians pairings would make the comic awful.
Yes, but joking about them makes us laugh, so everyone should just lighten up. We don't actually want a King X Griffin Pete X Mr. Sandwitch X Spo X Spot. That's simply in jest.

*Magically obtains reset button*
Okay then
*Presses reset button*
Boy, I sure do love using the King X Sasha ones! That pairing is relevant to the comic and surely won't spark anger.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

ctcmjh wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:Maybe Rick could throw his entire hard drive into a river while he's at it too. Seriously, martians pairings would make the comic awful.
Yes, but joking about them makes us laugh, so everyone should just lighten up. We don't actually want a King X Griffin Pete X Mr. Sandwitch X Spo X Spot. That's simply in jest.

Okay then
*Presses reset button*
Boy, I sure do love using the King X Sasha ones! That pairing is relevant to the comic and surely won't spark anger.
Hey, I don't mind a martians or yuri pairing for fun, but making it in the actual comic just wouldn't feel right.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Dr. Prower wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:

Okay then
*Presses reset button*
Hey, I don't mind a martians or yuri pairing for fun, but making it in the actual comic just wouldn't feel right.
From what I've heard Rick was already asked about it and he already said no a while ago so you don't have to worry
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Dr. Prower wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:

Okay then
*Presses reset button*
I know, and I'm (almost) %100 sure that Anthroguy was just joking.
arcict

Post by arcict »

I'm not sure if I'm doing my math right, but if I have got it right and if I'm counting it right.

there are currently a total of 18 of them (not counting right hand ones as different ones,) and two places for them to be. I think that makes it 18 to the power of 2 permutations (possabilities) total.

Which would be... 324, not 392

But again, that's only if I've got the math done right. Meh, it's late and I'm tired, you alls go have fun now.
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There are 153 combinations, counting Peanut & Grape as the same as Grape & Peanut and ignoring Peanut & Peanut and such. You have to divide by two to get that.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Teh Brawler wrote:
They are, they won't be happening now or ever.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Anthroguy101 wrote:Hey, maybe Rick should try some of these martians Crack pairings in his comic? I think it's entirely possible to write it in.

Now seriously, you know better by now AG, or you -should- know better anyway.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Sleet wrote:Using terms like "martians" has many implications beyond just the genders of those involved, none of which are appropriate topics for this forum.
Yeah guys, seriously stop it

EDIT: On second thought, I don't think that much of this topic has been appropriate for at least the last page
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Yeah, those kind of words imply...things...that really shouldn't be discussed.