2013/04/17 - The Important Details

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2013/04/17 - The Important Details

Post by Dissension »

[ The Important Details ]

Title Text: I didn't know Duke Nukem was in this comic

Bill sure doesn't beat around the bush, does he?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Macsen

Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details

Post by Macsen »

Well, it had to come to this. Officer Bill had to be involved somehow.
Xane wrote:Is that Fox's dad or Fox's Dad's Brother?
Dude. Tags.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Duke Bill cares about the important things that's for sure. :)
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

So he´s cool with this whole deal, thats good
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I'm surprised she's calling Bill "Daddy" so easily, since she's only been living with him a couple months. :?
Sky-Leif

Post by Sky-Leif »

A corgi/husky mix? WHERE CAN I GET ONE?! <3

Also, *Fox-Palm* Poor Bailey. It's always your parents who embarrass you! :roll:
~Sky-Leif (Fox) :3

Study your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Know your actions, for they become habits. Limit your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Zaitsev

Post by Zaitsev »

Hail to the Bailey's dad/guardian, baby.
I am nothing if not the immortal avatar of everybody's favourite Blood God.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I did notice Bill looking a bit Nukem-y.
Kitch wrote:I'm surprised she's calling Bill "Daddy" so easily, since she's only been living with him a couple months. :?
well she did stop calling Chuck "Dad" fairly quickly. I suppose they're as quick to adjust to new owners as pets are in the real world. maybe like a week between leaving the last owner to calling the new one "Dad" or "Mom"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Planning for the future is always good, just don't go too far into the future. XD
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wow, talk about to the point. :lol:
Though those are rather important questions that need to be answered sooner rather than later.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

You can just see the gears grinding in his head.

Lol. X3
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

No small talk for Bill.
The man. The cop. The D&D player.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Duster

Post by Duster »

*Fwoosh* That's the sound of the topic going right over Bills head. Come to think of it Siborgi dogs are kinda neat looking, I mean who wouldn't want a cute stubby looking husky mix?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Sky-Leif

Post by Sky-Leif »

Duster wrote:*Fwoosh* That's the sound of the topic going right over Bills head. Come to think of it Siborgi dogs are kinda neat looking, I mean who wouldn't want a cute stubby looking husky mix?
They Exist?! O,O

Study your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Know your actions, for they become habits. Limit your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Sky-Leif wrote:
Duster wrote:*Fwoosh* That's the sound of the topic going right over Bills head. Come to think of it Siborgi dogs are kinda neat looking, I mean who wouldn't want a cute stubby looking husky mix?
They Exist?! O,O
I'm quite positive that they exist, just Google it! The dogs may come off as a little odd at first glance but after the initial reaction they start to grow on you.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
AleColin

Post by AleColin »

Bill that was a dumb question that embarrassed Bailey, and don't worry probably Bill will be the one who will take care of the puppies. ;)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Duster wrote:
Sky-Leif wrote:
They Exist?! O,O
I'm quite positive that they exist, just Google it! The dogs may come off as a little odd at first glance but after the initial reaction they start to grow on you.
or visit this old thread
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sky-Leif

Post by Sky-Leif »

@Ageeknamedbrent

Oh. My. Gosh.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE! O3O

dragonking

Post by dragonking »

so bill is both duke nukem AND captain falcon... i now fear for any criminal to run afoul of him. and only a minute amount of pity for any PETA members who try to steal fox again.
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

Dissension wrote:[ The Important Details ]

After seeing that, I had re-read the comic and it took me a little bit to hear it in Duke Nukem's voice.

If Bill wore a red shirt, then he'd look exactly like Duke Nukem. and a pair of biker gloves. :)
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Who does get the puppies? That's a good question.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Gavinfoxx

Post by Gavinfoxx »

They exist, and they are called 'Huggies'.

Ie Corgi + Husky = Huggy!

And at least it's obvious that this isn't malicious, the poor man is just confused...
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Puppies!!!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

Sleet wrote:Who does get the puppies? That's a good question.
I'd say King & Bailey should get the puppies. They would be their own children after all!
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

That sort of ignores that King and Bailey are owned by, respectively, Mr. Keene Milton and Bill.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well yeah, legally they'd need to decide who owns the puppies, but in reality King and Bailey would be caring for them. Though the expenses would probably be covered by Keene.

also, Why Mr. Keene Milton and not Officer Bill Lindberg?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Nohbody

Post by Nohbody »

Duster wrote:Come to think of it Siborgi dogs are kinda neat looking, I mean who wouldn't want a cute stubby looking husky mix?
"Siborgi"? Is that some breed of dog used by the Borg from ST:TNG? :P
ntswm2

Post by ntswm2 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:well yeah, legally they'd need to decide who owns the puppies, but in reality King and Bailey would be caring for them. Though the expenses would probably be covered by Keene.

I'm not sure it's as benign as all that. Can Bill sell/give them away in a similar way to how puppies are actually sold/given in real life? Actually, that's another question: how do pet purchases occur in the Housepets verse? Do the pets have to consent? I'm guessing not.

So yeah... I feel like Bill's question is pretty legitimate. King probably wouldn't stand for his children (if/when they come) being given away, but if that's the case, then they are asking Bill to give up what he might consider his "right" as a pet owner. I mean Bill doesn't really seem to be the kind of guy who would do that, but he might have trouble with the idea that he can't.
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Duke Nukem Rocks!!!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

ntswm2 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:well yeah, legally they'd need to decide who owns the puppies, but in reality King and Bailey would be caring for them. Though the expenses would probably be covered by Keene.

I'm not sure it's as benign as all that. Can Bill sell/give them away in a similar way to how puppies are actually sold/given in real life? Actually, that's another question: how do pet purchases occur in the Housepets verse? Do the pets have to consent? I'm guessing not.

So yeah... I feel like Bill's question is pretty legitimate. King probably wouldn't stand for his children (if/when they come) being given away, but if that's the case, then they are asking Bill to give up what he might consider his "right" as a pet owner. I mean Bill doesn't really seem to be the kind of guy who would do that, but he might have trouble with the idea that he can't.
I don't think anyone in Babylon Gardens would separate one of their pets from their offspring. They're too nice. Of course there is the money issue in most cases for this, but that's not a factor since King has the ferrets to provide for him.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ntswm2

Post by ntswm2 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I don't think anyone in Babylon Gardens would separate one of their pets from their offspring. They're too nice. Of course there is the money issue in most cases for this, but that's not a factor since King has the ferrets to provide for him.
Sure, to some extent. Though, it should be noted that Fido, Joey, and Bino all ended up in different households (with different... step-siblings? in the case of Bino and Max), so they had to be split up at some point. In any case, I'm not saying this would have a particularly practical force on the lives of the actual characters, but it's more a matter of how Bill thinks of it. As Keene points out in the last panel, Bill doesn't really get the whole "King and the wolves view themselves as on equal playing field with humans" thing and how that would apply to his life. He thinks of Fox and Bailey as his rather than as fully equal beings in and of themselves. Obviously, as he sees it, their puppies would be therefore his as well (or his, split with Keene/the Milton Estate).

At least that's how I interpret the issue. Of course, I could be reading it wrong. It's happened before.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

ntswm2 wrote:Sure, to some extent. Though, it should be noted that Fido, Joey, and Bino all ended up in different households (with different... step-siblings? in the case of Bino and Max), so they had to be split up at some point. In any case, I'm not saying this would have a particularly practical force on the lives of the actual characters, but it's more a matter of how Bill thinks of it. As Keene points out in the last panel, Bill doesn't really get the whole "King and the wolves view themselves as on equal playing field with humans" and how that would apply to his life. He thinks of Fox and Bailey as his rather than as fully equal beings in and of themselves. Obviously, as he sees it, their puppies would be therefore his as well (or his, split with Keene/the Milton Estate).

At least that's how I interpret the issue. Of course, I could be reading it wrong. It's happened before.
Rick has confirmed that Bino, Fido, and Joey's owners were college roommates, and since they're from the same litter they were bought at the same time and likely immediately moved to Babylon Gardens where they see each other every day. no splitting. they may not have even been bought, maybe they knew their mom's owner.

and I have no comment on the rest of your post
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ntswm2

Post by ntswm2 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
ntswm2 wrote:Sure, to some extent. Though, it should be noted that Fido, Joey, and Bino all ended up in different households (with different... step-siblings? in the case of Bino and Max), so they had to be split up at some point. In any case, I'm not saying this would have a particularly practical force on the lives of the actual characters, but it's more a matter of how Bill thinks of it. As Keene points out in the last panel, Bill doesn't really get the whole "King and the wolves view themselves as on equal playing field with humans" and how that would apply to his life. He thinks of Fox and Bailey as his rather than as fully equal beings in and of themselves. Obviously, as he sees it, their puppies would be therefore his as well (or his, split with Keene/the Milton Estate).

Rick has confirmed that Bino, Fido, and Joey's owners were college roommates, and since they're from the same litter they were bought at the same time and likely immediately moved to Babylon Gardens where they see each other every day. no splitting. they may not have even been bought, maybe they knew their mom's owner.

and I have no comment on the rest of your post
Ah. Welp, that's what I get for not doing my research.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: or visit this old thread
Bahaha! Check out Sleet's comment directly below the picture! No offence, Sleet. Just goes to show that Rick will always keep us on our toes.

Oh and awkward for poor Bailey! :lol:
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

But seriously. Replace Bill's blue shirt with a red one and he'd so be Duke Nukem. Or Duke's younger brother or something.

So King and Fox will be technically brothes or something right? Bet that will make Bino really mad. So no matter what King wins big time! 8-)
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
pokeblue

Post by pokeblue »

To the point I see. Respectable I suppose, granted being to the point tends to be embarrassing occasionally. :roll:
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Is this the right place to fill out the request form? I fully agree with Diss' statement at the other threat:
Dissension wrote:It's still adorable and probably the only small dog I would ever consider owning.

In my opinion the offspring should be named Cusky/Cuskies. As the father is a Corgi and the mother a Husky. Similar with the Liger (father lion, mother tiger) / Tigon (father tiger, mother lion).
Huggi would be great if King yould be the Husky and Bailey the Corgi.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

And, Rick smacks us in the face with the flounder of "you know, the Housepets! universe is kind of creepy" again. :mrgreen:
Sky-Leif wrote:They Exist?! O,O

Also: Bill is looking buff today, moreso than usual.
Last edited by Argent on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Kitch wrote:I'm surprised she's calling Bill "Daddy" so easily, since she's only been living with him a couple months. :?
That kinda surprised me too.
As for the puppies, how about shared custody?
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Greigh

Post by Greigh »

Dissension wrote:[ The Important Details ]

I'm guessing he retired since he still can't find more bubblegum and kick ... well lets keep it at that. :D
If you can see this, someone is standing right behind you watching.