Character Deaths

Discuss the comic here
Saturn381

Character Deaths

Post by Saturn381 »

Okay this topic is a bit dark and it has nothing to do with "The King and I" arc right now, but this is something that has been in the back of my mind for awhile. Do you guys ever think that at some point Rick would kill off a character in Housepets?
Dissension

Re: Character Deaths

Post by Dissension »

You mean aside from Karl-Lenin-Faust (A/K/A "Mr. Maust") and the adorable puppy whose soul Cerberus harvested?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Yes
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

We shall see! *giggles*

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

he'll totally kill everyone and this'll turn into furry Homestuck
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

That would just make Sleet's day.

GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

The characters did discuss about death at least once. Or twice?
But nothing too deep, and they're not really major characters. XD
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Death could happen, but I doubt it will any time soon, or in a way that is too terribly dark. I mean, Rick is trying to make this comic, well, comedic. :?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Well, I DID start some rumors (right now) of the next arc being about Sleet dying tragically on Dissenssion's arms at the hands of evil, and Dissenssion going on a long and hard quest to avenge her. If not, then that's my fanfic idea.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Spens

Post by Spens »

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Silly Zealot wrote:Well, I DID start some rumors (right now) of the next arc being about Sleet dying tragically on Dissenssion's arms at the hands of evil, and Dissenssion going on a long and hard quest to avenge her. If not, then that's my fanfic idea.

A fanfic about mods.... that has yet to be done. Surprising, I know. We are an interesting bunch.
My characters
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

copper wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Well, I DID start some rumors (right now) of the next arc being about Sleet dying tragically on Dissenssion's arms at the hands of evil, and Dissenssion going on a long and hard quest to avenge her. If not, then that's my fanfic idea.

A fanfic about mods.... that has yet to be done. Surprising, I know. We are an interesting bunch.
I AM actually giving serious thoughts of making such a fanfic, but I don't want to be hitted with the ban-acorn. Maybe if I get permission....

Anyway, I hardly doubt anyone is going to die in the comic, at least in the foreseeable future (which is not saying much, given that Mr. Griffin is actually very good at making unexpected plot-twists), but if it happens, is gonna be something of high impact and probably saddening for most readers.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think Rick is above killing off established characters but I find it very, very unlikely he'll ever have a good reason to.
Dissension wrote:That would just make Sleet's day.
Housestuck! would make me the happiest critter in the world. Or at least second happiest, after IJustWantLove.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I actually don't want bino to die if only so I can hate him. Whatever death he got in the comic would never be painful enough. There are not many charecters who I want to fall into a tracker jackers nest. Its him, prof umbridge, and Paige fox. If peanut, king, fox, or grape died, you'd see my rampage on the news.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I highly doubt that the Rick would kill off one of the big characters, or anyone for that matter, since he said he doesn't want turn the comic into some kind of Shōnen manga deal. But for the sake of a guess if he did kill off anyone I would put my bets on either King (for shock) or Tarot (just because she feels like she's that character that is set up to die/leave at the end of the story; with the training of Sabrina, among other things).
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I don't want anyone to die, but if it was from a critic's point of view...

And the funny thing about it is, the two likely candidates to pass away would actually be Maxwell and Tarot. (you know, the ones that ended up sealing the deal with Grape and Peanut? X3) Maxwell was pretty much cursed when Grape told him to not get hit by a car, but the comment may instead end up biting him on his last life since it seems like roadkill for cats is a common thing. Seeing how Max's life is and how he's already lost a few lives already, it's not too far fetched to see him bite the nail on his last live.

Tarot is less likely to happen, but Pete could be called on to get fed up of Tarot and just flat-out eliminating her somehow. Although "dying" would less likely be the term here used for Tarot, but erased from existance.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

adladladladl
ImageImage
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Sinder wrote:adladladladl
I think we just killed Sinder.....

Or, you know, he was making another joke. :roll:

If I were to choose the most likely pet to go, I guess it would probably be one of the woodland critters, like the raccoons. Maybe as one of the cub's snacks? I mean, the cover of Book 2 were the cubs about to dine on Zach, after all... :?
My characters
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

No. No more deaths. Even if it happened to a minor character. Even if it happened to anyone at all. I don't think I can bear it. :cry:
Dissension wrote:the adorable puppy whose soul Cerberus harvested?
:o :shock: :o :shock: What?! When did that happen?!
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

March 18, 2013
...But he gots a cookie
Still sad :(
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Yeah, deaths in the comic are just not something i could think of realistically, but the puppy's death is a little reminder that Rick could do it if he wanted to.

I'm sure he won't... but just to be safe... *Crosses fingers*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

GameCobra wrote:Yeah, deaths in the comic are just not something i could think of realistically, but the puppy's death is a little reminder that Rick could do it if he wanted to.

I think there is a problem with my brain (more so than usual!), since a part of it (while I myself am aware that all fictional characters out there are, well, fictional), refuses to let go of the suspenssion of disbelief, and doesn't want to accept that fictional characters only exist as drawings, pieces of text, costumes, etc. but not actual beings.

Gren

Post by Gren »

Silly Zealot wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Yeah, deaths in the comic are just not something i could think of realistically, but the puppy's death is a little reminder that Rick could do it if he wanted to.

I think there is a problem with my brain (more so than usual!), since a part of it (while I myself am aware that all fictional characters out there are, well, fictional), refuses to let go of the suspenssion of disbelief, and doesn't want to accept that fictional characters only exist as drawings, pieces of text, costumes, etc. but not actual beings.

Unbelievable, people gets paranoid about everything :?
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Gren wrote: Image

Thank you! Thank you! I do my best! You are all an excellent crowd! Thank you ever so much for this most prestigious award of "Most paranoid being of 2013"!I want to thank God, my family, my friends, who have given me support through thick and thin, and, of course, to all the single ladies out there! *wink*

Macsen

Post by Macsen »

That post with Made Of Win is why I want to see the horses again.

Also, you forgot another comic that mentions death.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Gren wrote: Image

Thank you! Thank you! I do my best! You are all an excellent crowd! Thank you ever so much for this most prestigious award of "Most paranoid being of 2013"!I want to thank God, my family, my friends, who have given me support through thick and thin, and, of course, to all the single ladies out there! *wink*
I know that you know that I didn't said that for you. You're like my lost twin brother, love you man :P
Now I want someone to die, but then the guys join forces and go against the cosmic bureaucracy to save its life. Oh wait, that's already happening in Stu's fancomic XD
ImageImage
Reconstruction

Post by Reconstruction »

Silly Zealot wrote:
copper wrote:

I AM actually giving serious thoughts of making such a fanfic, but I don't want to be hitted with the ban-acorn. Maybe if I get permission....

Anyway, I hardly doubt anyone is going to die in the comic, at least in the foreseeable future (which is not saying much, given that Mr. Griffin is actually very good at making unexpected plot-twists), but if it happens, is gonna be something of high impact and probably saddening for most readers.
In regards to the fanfic, it could be a quite interesting read...and if it cant make it into the forums here, just remember the website specifically for fanfics!

And I agree with Rick's inability to kill off any serious characters at this point in the fact this IS a mostly PG rated web comic...plus...where would be the fun in that?
I'm a fairly interesting person once you get to know me, but seeing as nobody can successfully navigate my minefield I guess they'll never truly know.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Unwillingness and inability are two different things.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sleet wrote:Unwillingness and inability are two different things.
Rick could easily kill a character (he's done it before! Grape stomped and ate a mouse in front of all of us!) as long as there is no gore or very adult-y issues.

As for the fanfic, Sleet and Dis.... the cyborg squirrel (He's got a visor on his avatar, it has to be a cyborg) are yet to give me permission to display my insane, but 100% probable future-scenario fanfic. The first part involves Mr. squirrel fending off a group of Halo players trying to add insult to injury on Sleet deathbed! It's gonna leave you all with your mouth agape...... with amazement!

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Sleet wrote:Unwillingness and inability are two different things.
Rick could easily kill a character (he's done it before! Grape stomped and ate a mouse in front of all of us!) as long as there is no gore or very adult-y issues.

As for the fanfic, Sleet and Dis.... the cyborg squirrel (He's got a visor on his avatar, it has to be a cyborg) are yet to give me permission to display my insane, but 100% probable future-scenario fanfic. The first part involves Mr. squirrel fending off a group of Halo players trying to add insult to injury on Sleet deathbed! It's gonna leave you all with your mouth agape...... with amazement!

Diss was a Squylon, a squirrel/cylon hybrid. He is a Squirreltsune now... ask him about it.... and where am I in this, eh? :P
My characters
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

copper wrote: Diss was a Squylon, a squirrel/cylon hybrid. He is a Squirreltsune now... ask him about it.... and where am I in this, eh? :P
You can play the part of the "Marcus Aurelius' son from Gladiator"-style villain.
Or the puzzling yet likable "Merchant from Resident Evil 4"-style recurring character.
Bah, I'll let you play both things at the same time!

Wait, this is getting off-topic. Need to say something concerning character deaths.
Let's see.... Character deaths...Character deaths... uuum...
R.I.P. adorable puppy, Rick kills off all the characters to celebrate story arc #100, Grandpa Simpson taught me that death chases you at every turn, death is only the beggining, all dogs go to Heaven, etc. etc. etc.
There! That should suffice in order to stay on topic!

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You forget that I cannot die.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sleet wrote:You forget that I cannot die.
Oh? Why? Because you are more than just your flesh, your bones, and even your very essence? Because you are an idea, and ideas cannot be killed?

In any case, I've never died either. Maybe I am immortal myself! Bow to me and dance! While bowing!

Gren

Post by Gren »

ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Both Sleet and I cannot die, and for the same reason... Sleet is a weather phenomenon and I am an element...

As for Death, it could happen without the comic changing too terribly much. Especially if it is Tiger or Jasper or some other character liked but not hugely popular. I could honestly see Tiger getting put down for being crazy... Bino too for that matter. Then again, that is not very lovable...
My characters
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

copper wrote:Both Sleet and I cannot die, and for the same reason... Sleet is a weather phenomenon and I am an element...

As for Death, it could happen without the comic changing too terribly much. Especially if it is Tiger or Jasper or some other character liked but not hugely popular. I could honestly see Tiger getting put down for being crazy... Bino too for that matter. Then again, that is not very lovable...
Weather can be altered through the destruction of the ozone layer. Elements can be exploited for their properties to create new substances. ESPECIALLY if they wish Tiger dead!

Gren

Post by Gren »

copper wrote:Both Sleet and I cannot die, and for the same reason... Sleet is a weather phenomenon and I am an element...

Not so fast my friend or I will send Spirit Dragon to kill him/her (?). And you're not so immortal as you say. Killing you it's no different to kill Robert Patrick a T-1000 :roll:
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Ah, but you cannot destroy every instance of an element in the universe, now can you? :P

I never said I wanted them dead, just that I could see it happening.
My characters
Argent

Post by Argent »

copper wrote:Ah, but you cannot destroy every instance of an element in the universe, now can you? :P
"Everyone complains about the laws of physics, but nobody does anything about them". -- Schild's Ladder by Greg Egan.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Gren wrote:
Sleet cannot be killed. Robert Patrick cannot be killed. Therefore: Sleet is actually Robert Patrick in disguise.
Your logic is undeniable, Gren. I agree.
Argent wrote:[quote="copper]Ah, but you cannot destroy every instance of an element in the universe, now can you?
"Everyone complains about the laws of physics, but nobody does anything about them". -- Schild's Ladder by Greg Egan.
[/quote][/quote]
So.... in order to kill Sleet and copper I have to change the natural laws of existence to the sub-atomical level?
What a deal! :P :P