2013/07/08 - It Even Sounds Awesome

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Tatsuo

Re: 2013/07/08 - It Even Sounds Awesome

Post by Tatsuo »

copper wrote:What is this book of faces you all speak of? :|
It's a magical place, where people fish for attention, lies are told, and you're a horrible person if you don't like that picture.
copper wrote:I think this will be an alternate reality arc where Tarot just shows Peanut around and you get to see the characters being out of character.... like a popular Tiger, shy Fox, no King, and Grapenut. :roll:

The ferrets are poor, the humans are their pets, and Pete is 3ft tall =P
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

I can't wait to find out what "Gallifrax" actually means, or perhaps...is. In which case, something tells me it's probably horrifying.

But great to see that we're having another Peanut and Grape arc now. Feels like it's been quite a while since one of those.
copper wrote:I think this will be an alternate reality arc where Tarot just shows Peanut around and you get to see the characters being out of character.... like a popular Tiger, shy Fox, no King, and Grapenut. :roll:

Yes, I know that is a bit hackneyed...
Huh, I think the concept is quite intriguing, actually. Well, one way or another, I'm quite interested to see where this goes.

Also, am I the only one who understood what "p sure" meant immediately? d: (and that pun was inexplicably beautiful, as always)
*cough*
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Stuff. wrote:I can't wait to find out what "Gallifrax" actually means, or perhaps...is. In which case, something tells me it's probably horrifying.

But great to see that we're having another Peanut and Grape arc now. Feels like it's been quite a while since one of those.

Yes, I know that is a bit hackneyed...
Huh, I think the concept is quite intriguing, actually. Well, one way or another, I'm quite interested to see where this goes.

Also, am I the only one who understood what "p sure" meant immediately? d: (and that pun was inexplicably beautiful, as always)
Who knows? It could be made out of Lego Bricks for all I know.
Feel my icy wrath!
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

Parallel universes sounds a lot like the technique Peanut used for his Spot comic. Everything was actually virtual reality, retroactively negating pretty much everything Spot did up to that point. I would say it is an effective technique to explore possibilities that may not be considered possible in the current universe. Like the Gallifrax dimension for instance...
Image I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
MiloxLuna

Post by MiloxLuna »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Grape will try and tag along. That or she really is sick to death of all the otherworldly stuff not relevant to their dimension.

or she does not want peanut to go to far away ;P
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

MiloxLuna wrote:or she does not want peanut to go to far away ;P

Yes =)

Slightly off topic if no one has asked, does anyone else notice grapes art style changed a little?
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Tatsuo wrote: Slightly off topic if no one has asked, does anyone else notice grapes art style changed a little?
It has, since Rick changed the art style some time ago. Probably didn't notice because we haven't had too many close ups of Grape in a while, since there have been other characters in the spotlight. There's a lot of characters to keep track of! Some changes have been subtle, some rather dramatic.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

D-Rock wrote: It has, since Rick changed the art style some time ago. Probably didn't notice because we haven't had too many close ups of Grape in a while, since there have been other characters in the spotlight. There's a lot of characters to keep track of! Some changes have been subtle, some rather dramatic.

Hmm well I don't know when the change happened, but in this strip, well art is art and it's his comic. I'd hate to influence him, but I don't particularly like this specific art style he has chosen for her. My opinion though.
gameangel147

Post by gameangel147 »

Hukley wrote:
Dissension wrote:
gameangel147 wrote:...did anyone else think of Doctor Who when they heard the Gallifrax dimension?
RioluNation wrote:Gallifrax almost sounds like Gallifrey.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I'm guessing the Gallifrax dimension has nothing to do with Gallifrey, right ? =P
Dissension, in correspondence with Rick, wrote:Sounds kinda close to "Gallifrey"
Nope, you're the only one!

Wow... it's over 9000!!!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

copper wrote:What is this book of faces you all speak of? :|
They didn't say "Facebook", they said "FB", which could mean almost anything ,really.

Your joke has backfired.
Stuff. wrote:I can't wait to find out what "Gallifrax" actually means, or perhaps...is. In which case, something tells me it's probably horrifying.
I actually thought of Gary Gygax as soon as I read the word in the comic.
Gamewolf67 wrote:Who knows? It could be made out of Lego Bricks for all I know.
You are thinking about the Minecraft dimension.
D-Rock wrote:
Tatsuo wrote: Slightly off topic if no one has asked, does anyone else notice grapes art style changed a little?
It has, since Rick changed the art style some time ago. Probably didn't notice because we haven't had too many close ups of Grape in a while, since there have been other characters in the spotlight. There's a lot of characters to keep track of! Some changes have been subtle, some rather dramatic.
I think this is the first time we see this new look.
The purple on her face is taking over. Soon there will be nothing left but a hairy, purple ooze spread all throughout the the floor, devoid of all rational thought and feasting on all that it can reach, probably in a vain attempt to fill it's empty existence.
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

^"Clears throat", well no it's just she seems well, not as the Grape as we know her to be. She seems more dog in this strip in my opinion. If that's where Mr. Griffin wants to take her, by all means. Perhaps it's her attitude and emotion on her face that makes her look the way she does.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Grape turned into a dog? Well, how's that for a plot twist?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Silly Zealot wrote:Grape turned into a dog? Well, how's that for a plot twist?
If Grape became a dog, then not only is GrapeNut guaranteed to happen, but most of the Hewlett Packard (HP) cast would have a Heroic BSOD. After all, we all know that Grape likes to tease.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Hera Ledro

Post by Hera Ledro »

You know, green grapes are sour, but I think this one is sweet =) Looking forward to Gallifrax, and maybe Peanut will have some souvenirs for Grape!
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

I noticed Grape's design was different, too. Not much to do with the art style change, in previous 2013 strips you can see she was closer to the old design.

I dunno, I kinda like it. Does look more doglike, though.
The purpl on her face is taking over. Soon there will be nothing left but a hairy, purple ooze spread all throughout the the floor, devoid of all rational thought and feasting on all that it can reach, probably in a vain attempt to fill it's empty existence.
*cough*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It'd be like we went back in time to the beginning of Housepets! where they looked the same!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:
It'd be like we went back in time to the beginning of Housepets! where they looked the same!
The huskies all looked like cats back in the old days.

Fox will deny it, though. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Confession time!
When I was reading Housepets! for the first time (August 2012), I thought that Fox's name was most fitting since he REALLY looked similar to a fox to me.
TheOne wrote:
If Grape became a dog, then not only is GrapeNut guaranteed to happen, but most of the Hewlett Packard (HP) cast would have a Heroic BSOD.
Hewlett Packard! You deserve the Nobel for Literature!
I think the Heroic BSOD will either come after everyone finds out King is also Joel, or that Sabrina dates Fido.*
Though Joel/King's proposal to Bailey** may have also gotten her to stop reacting for a second, there.

Hera Ledro wrote:You know, green grapes are sour, but I think this one is sweet =) Looking forward to Gallifrax, and maybe Peanut will have some souvenirs for Grape!
Au contraire! For me, green grapes (The kind of grape that becomes a lightest kind of green after maturing, that is.) are, for me, the sweetests of both!

*Joey dressing like a cat and dating Squeak doesn't count because I'm sure everyone knows that already. Though the time he saw Peanut's cat drawing and uttered "I want to be in her skin." may have also broken lil' Sandwich.
**Hey, if Tarot marries Peanut, would he change his surname to "Sandwitch?"

Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Stuff. wrote:I noticed Grape's design was different, too. Not much to do with the art style change, in previous 2013 strips you can see she was closer to the old design.

I dunno, I kinda like it. Does look more doglike, though.
The purpl on her face is taking over. Soon there will be nothing left but a hairy, purple ooze spread all throughout the the floor, devoid of all rational thought and feasting on all that it can reach, probably in a vain attempt to fill it's empty existence.
You're scaring me. :shock:
Feel my icy wrath!
RainbowDragon

Post by RainbowDragon »

Poor Grape. Everything Max has to offer are boring dates in their own time and dimension...