Future Arcs

Discuss the comic here
Saturn381

Future Arcs

Post by Saturn381 »

As the title says, this topic is about what would you like to see for later stories. For example, I would like to see an arc that delves into Grape's past. (like how and why she was abandoned and how much it affected her)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Future Arcs

Post by copper »

I doubt we can ever know what Rick is thinking...

I would enjoy an arc involving LARPing Spot! Superdog.... or any kind of LARPing by Joey and his creepy friends.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Saturn381 wrote:As the title says, this topic is about what would you like to see for later stories. For example, I would like to see an arc that delves into Grape's past. (like how and why she was abandoned and how much it affected her)
I'm pretty sure that's inevitable but I like the idea! I'll be happy when it comes around.

I, too, would like a Joey-centered arc. He's such an adorable dork.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Gren

Post by Gren »

Uh, I'm not a hater of flashbacks, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like to see an arc about how Grape suffered for being abandoned in the streets. :?
If Rick plans to make another arc about the pasts, I'd prefer to see how Maxwell lost his ear, or how was Peanut's life before Grape was adopted, or how was Max and Sabrina's relationship.

And now back to the present time, I'd like to see an arc about Peanut and Res hanging out without telling Grape, that would be funny. XD
ImageImage
Duster

Post by Duster »

Sleet wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:As the title says, this topic is about what would you like to see for later stories. For example, I would like to see an arc that delves into Grape's past. (like how and why she was abandoned and how much it affected her)
I'm pretty sure that's inevitable but I like the idea! I'll be happy when it comes around.

I, too, would like a Joey-centered arc. He's such an adorable dork.
I too would like to see this eventually.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

There is the obvious one of Sabrina and Fidos relationship getting out. Much like Grapes past before adoption I think its rather inevitable mostly because it would be to much of a waste of a great story line not to do. A Joey centered arc would be cool as well; I would also like to see more arcs focused on the low level non-cosmic Nerds supernatural stuff, like maybe one that explores Psy-Con a lot more.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

IceKitsune there has some great ideas!

I personally think: Aliens! With alien Housepets of their own!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I personally would like to see an arc where Max does something for the Sandwich household just to impress Earl and Jill, but becomes the butt monkey for certain things - like cleaning laundry.

"But...but pets don't do laundry..."
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

I'd like to see a Star Wars edition of Imaginate(that would make my 365 days).

...oh. Oh OH OH OH OH OH, Or how about a day in the lives of(get ready for this)...
THE FORUM MODS!! OR or or, maybe a day in the life of Mr. Griffin. OR MAYBE EV-- *gets knocked over the head by Sleet*
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

TinFoilHats wrote:...oh. Oh OH OH OH OH OH, Or how about a day in the lives of(get ready for this)...
THE FORUM MODS!!
*knocks TFH over the head*

I'm not sure we exist in the Housepets! universe.

Or do we? *looks at Rick inquisitively* :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

How about an arc on a 'normal' day of being a Bigglesworth cat?
Gren wrote:If Rick plans to make another arc about the pasts, I'd prefer to see how Maxwell lost his ear, or how was Peanut's life before Grape was adopted, or how was Max and Sabrina's relationship.
Yes... more flashbacks :lol:
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet wrote:I'm not sure we exist in the Housepets! universe.

Well, everything is a thing...

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I just wanna see what peanut was chosen for, or how king will get out of his predicament.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

TinFoilHats wrote:I'd like to see a Star Wars edition of Imaginate(that would make my 365 days).
You know, I have been reading Wookiepedia, the Star Wars wiki, since 2006, and I read about a series of novels in which, about twenty years after Return of the Jedi, an alien species from another galaxy attacks the Star Wars one, bent on exterminating all life aside from themselves, as they had succedeed previously. Oh, and all their ships, weapons and technology is biologically engineered, as they are paranoid of metallic machines.
Maybe they could reenact that!
TinFoilHats wrote:...oh. Oh OH OH OH OH OH, Or how about a day in the lives of(get ready for this)...
THE FORUM MODS!! OR or or, maybe a day in the life of Mr. Griffin. OR MAYBE EV-- *gets knocked over the head by Sleet*
An artic fox of undisclosed gender that used to date a squirrel with mechanical protesis is edgy for a PG rated webcomic.
Good thing, however, that I want the absolute PG rating to be DEAD!

Well, okay, no. But I do want to see those two.... peculiar individuals in the comic.
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

So many ideas for Fanfics ;) Hmm I wonder....
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

You know with the recent arc over and 2013 almost coming to an end, what other arcs is there to delve into this year? An arc that focuses on characters we haven't seen in awhile (I'm looking at you Fiddler & Keys)? An arc that focuses on new characters (I'm also looking at you Griswold and Devo)? An arc that develops Grape and Peanut's friendship? The arc where Sabrina almost drowns?
Azsassin

Post by Azsassin »

I know the next arc might be starting tonight but I was just thinking (I doubt this will happen)

Either like what other people said about grapes horrible experience being abandoned

Or (from what people have been saying or have seen clues in the book) about bino and peanut joining the academy.

I would like to see these types arcs, would you? Honestly I would like to see more K-9 Unit strips as well :D
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Sleet wrote:
THE FORUM MODS!!
*knocks TFH over the head*

I'm not sure we exist in the Housepets! universe.

I've always been quite convinced that the mods have always lived in their own little universes, but eh, the more you know. *shot* :P
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Azsassin wrote:Or (from what people have been saying or have seen clues in the book) about bino and peanut joining the academy.
????

That's... not even remotely hinted at in Book Four. Who's saying this?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

That happened in Valerio's fan fiction a while ago.... perhaps you are thinking of that?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
dontebell

Post by dontebell »

I wouldn't mind seeing an Arc about Grape and Sabrina hanging out and telling each other secret that they never tell their friends about.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

After the arc we just had, I would rather have something more laid-back and focused on characters we don't get to see often. Heck, I would actually like to see some one-offs since they are amusing to watch when you want a break from all the seriousness of plot-related stuff. Some suggestions I do have in mind that are not one-off related, however:

I actually wouldn't mind seeing what the human parents are up to these days while all the pets are doing their normal things. Would be funny to see what Bill thinks of King and Bailey and what Jill and Earl think of Maxwell and Tarot.

Fiddler and Keys also come to mind. However, I'm not too pushy since I'm starting to think they were meant to just join scenarios that require music =P

This is something I like to throw in for next year, but i'll put out that I would love to see what Res has been up to and get some more ideas of what his Pridelands story has been up to. I would also like to wonder if he has a crush on Grape since they last met and how Grape (or scary enough, Maxwell) plans to handle that?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like the idea that characters have depths to them beyond what the comic itself explores, personally.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Xane wrote:I want to see more about Rufus, 'cuz I like Aussie sheps.

The Cast page notes "...he might be into cats." I saw no indication of this in the comic itself so I'd like to see more about it, maybe have Peanut interact with a cat lover who's not a complete weirdo.

Not that I don't like Joey. Really!
I think that's probably because he lives with the barn cats and not inside the house. Besides he had a female collie next door and he seemed not interested at all (that's probably why Rick gave that hint).
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Man, people are so eager to hear about obscure characters. Rick must be doing something right, because there are so many ways he can take the story that his fans would be excited for!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

He's always been doing something right. It's the pony effect where even the not so important characters are interesting. =P

Next Arc: What the world thinks of "crazy old man who only speaks in limericks" man.
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

How about a holiday arc featuring Chanukah, Kwanza, and Christmas?! I know it's cliche but Rick will find a way to make it interesting. Like Miles' cubs save the holidays, perhaps?

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well there was brief mention of Kwanzaa last year!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

How Spot saves Christmas.

Them poor orphans ~ nothing to read but Spot comics.
Gren

Post by Gren »

GameCobra wrote:How Spot saves Christmas.

Them poor orphans ~ nothing to read but Spot comics.
Didn't that happened before?
Oh yes, yes it did.
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gren wrote:Didn't that happened before?
Oh yes, yes it did.
Except that was in his comic. =P

I meant A Housepets! comic where Peanut's comic actually made someone's life happy while at the vet or maybe even a orphanage.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kinda hard considering his comic isn't very good!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:Kinda hard considering his comic isn't very good!
Don't tell the kids at the orphanage that! D:
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

GameCobra wrote:
Gren wrote:Didn't that happened before?
Oh yes, yes it did.
Except that was in his comic. =P

I meant A Housepets! comic where Peanut's comic actually made someone's life happy while at the vet or maybe even a orphanage.
I wouldn't mind seeing that. :)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

GameCobra wrote:
Sleet wrote:Kinda hard considering his comic isn't very good!
Don't tell the kids at the orphanage that! D:
But the smiles of orphans are what makes orphanite!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:But the smiles of orphans are what makes orphanite!
Such a good thing could not possibly be so evil!
Gren

Post by Gren »

GameCobra wrote:
Sleet wrote:But the smiles of orphans are what makes orphanite!
Such a good thing could not possibly be so evil!
Heh, seems like a good story what you two are putting together here. Actually, I wouldn't mind to see an arc about Peanut now, though I think the next arc would be about King, unfortunately. He always get an arc around these days of the year (and besides, the desperate fans will probably murder Rick if they don't see more of King anytime soon).
As far as I know, Peanut has never been the main character in any Christmas arc.
-The first one was about everyone (though more or less centered on Bino)
-The second one was about King
-The third one was about Grape
-The fourth one was about Keene
-And the fifth one was about King (again).

Speaking of King, I've heard there's a series on Cinemax called "King and Maxwell" (Never seen it though. I plan to do it one of these days). Perhaps that would be good material for a potential arc?
ImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Gren wrote:Actually, I wouldn't mind to see an arc about Peanut now, though I think the next arc would be about King, unfortunately. He always get an arc around these days of the year (and besides, the desperate fans will probably murder Rick if they don't see more of King anytime soon).
But was what else is there to talk about now? King is already married and it seems (to me at least) that Rick wants to end Pete and Dragon's game as possible. I could see him starting a family with Bailey but that's about it.
veryfoxyfellow

Post by veryfoxyfellow »

it'd be interesting to see something on tarots past and the events that unfolded with her being the dragons host, there has got to be something interesting involving a life of super natural doddling prior to meeting peanut
Zrip

Post by Zrip »

The following are arcs I'm interested in seeing:

• Grape's past life.
• An arc featuring Res again. I can already picture something: Res is experiencing some writer's block, so he goes to visit Grape for inspiration. However, Max takes this visitation the wrong way, thinking Res is using the excuse of having writer's block to flirt with Grape. Hilarity ensues.
• Or perhaps Res moving to Babylon Gardens.
• Max and Sabrina's past relationship. What happened between them? And does it also relate to how Fido and Sab met and fell in love with one another?
• Joey centric arc.
• Or Itsuki again.

...And that's all I got at the moment.
Wanna chat? Feel free to send me a PM, or ask for my new Skype account if you want. I don't bite— although I do nom. *Noms* :3

-Banner here-
"Awe-inspiring quote." - Famous person