HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Esper »

Hlaoroo wrote:"They said it shouldn't because the woods is so wet but we've still got to take precautions. How close is your house to the outskirts of town, Mercury? Do you need to get anything from there in case?"

"It's on the business card Hutch gave me." Flynn shows her the card as he puts his phone away. "The police just told Dad that there's a fire in the forest. They don't think it'll spread to here but we need to be ready to leave just in case. Mum wanted you and Hutch back here at the house so we'll be ready."
"My house is right next to the woods..." he paused, "But I think it'll be fine. All of our stuff is in the basement. The non-flammable basement."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:Senka walked over to a nearby window to see...
"Holy carp. The forest is on fire!"

What was that?
Kandi comes over to the window.
Well, we know where the fire trucks were going now. Aren't you glad your not out in the forest now?

Marine Fox wrote: Doc was a bit shocked that the officer would risk his life doing something such as that, finding it hard to believe for a moment he just watched as the fallen tree burned up the spot he had just been, he looked back at the officer and nodded in thanks. Then as the officer explained the fire was moving and that he needed him to lead he obliged by running in the direction that wasn't completely engulfed in flames, making sure the officer was keeping up.

The fire department should be ahead of us. you smell any water a head??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Senka shrugged, looking glumly out the window. Whether she was there or not didn't change the fact that the forest was on fire. And no one likes to see their home burn.
"So what do we do meow- *cough* now? Nadia's owner said we should help. But in a way that wasn't dangerous... or something like that."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

I will, here. But you should LEAVE. For the 60th time Radar was almost frustrated with the dog, until she heard a sound behind her and span on her heels.
"Actually, I think you BOTH should leave." A fireman stepped out from the bushes. "There was a small fire outbreak deep in the forest, it shouldn't spread but we have to take precautions, these woods are now off limits until the morning." The fireman place his hand on his hips with authority. "You pets should go home, your folks will be worried if they see the smoke-"
"YES, okay fine." Radar snapped, cutting off the fireman's lecture, glancing upwards she noticed the fireman hadn't seen her little high campsite. "Come on Hutch, I'll walk you home." The rabbit grabbed the dog by the hand and began to drag him away from the clearing.
"Be safe!" The fireman yelled after them.
'Cata acceptio obscuro mea ténebris ego fio totum' ~ Laxan Tanax Enore
'I made ​​all my dark morning by the acceptance of the dark'
Argent

Post by Argent »

So, deep in the caverns, there's a big red weasel, a pine marten, and he's fiddling with his phone, battery's kind of low, should have turned off the radio before trying to use it as a flashlight. Now which way was the surface again?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:Senka shrugged, looking glumly out the window. Whether she was there or not didn't change the fact that the forest was on fire. And no one likes to see their home burn.
"So what do we do meow- *cough* now? Nadia's owner said we should help. But in a way that wasn't dangerous... or something like that."

Kandi blinks..
Meow? I knew cougar's could purrr, but meow??
Hmmm
We could chain you to the fox. so you could keep her out of trouble..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Fair thee well! Hutch said as Radar dragged Hutch away. There was a shot of pain through Hutch's paw.
As fun as it is that your taking me for a walk, I can walk by myself. Hutch said as they walked.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Radar let go and jumped back. "Oh, sorry." She glanced around to catch her bearings and it wasn't long till they were out of the forest. "So where do you live?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Haha...". The lioness said dryly.
Looking at Kandi she raised an eyebrow.
"Wait... Your joking right?". Asking just to make sure.

Ref Ref!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

In a nursing home... In Texas. But, I'm staying with the Porters. Hutch replied.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Radar rolls her eyes at Hutch's statement before walking toward's Flynn's house. "Come on then, I'll walk you there." Trying to think for herself what she was going to do for the night, she could go back to her camp, but if she gets caught she could get in trouble. She considered taking her harness off and trying to pass off as a wild rabbit in the forest, the firemen have no say over the wild inhabitants of the woods, but again, if the same fireman caught her she would be in trouble. At this point the doe was trying to come up with something.
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky finished picking up the toys. "Anything else need cleaning up?"
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

For a good portion of time, and arguably ever since the moment she was pulled up to safety from the dangerously steep cliff-side, a dim, vacant hint of sadness had overwhelmed the taciturn husky. From the moment that she set off to hike in the forest and blow off some steam, following a one-sided quarrel at home between her owners and herself, she knew that no good would come from doing so. As such, she self-loathingly believed that she deserved it. Unlike other life-threatening situations in the past, where she took heed of her own intuition and precaution, she had none of those qualities. This time, however, was different. This time, she was asking for it.

And like a ballroom suitor, the reaper had once again asked for her hand to share in its grim waltz, stepping up to the opportunity; another dance with death. Still, be that as it may, she was more than eager to quickly pass from that opportunity, as she had already been ensnared with sympathetic lady luck, caught in a bitter love triangle between fortune and tragedy. Just this once, she was very grateful for the former's invitation, considering the bad blood between one another.

Right now, she hated herself for the care-free, and arrogantly lax nature that she displayed that bitter evening. In the end, she ended up becoming someone else's problem, becoming an unnecessary burden for a presumably solitary, and unmistakably kind-hearted badger. And, she hated herself for that, too, inclined to protest that he didn't have to help a sad, and pathetically frail creature like herself. But, considering the state she's now in, she had to suck it up, and just... let it happen. It's been a long day, and she'd wanted it to end already. Furthermore, she was beyond lucky to even have someone save her on the spot, and tend to her wounds afterwards.

She bit down on her nylon collar, bracing herself. She let out a soft, slightly inaudible whimper, sweating bullets sub-consciously.
Argent

Post by Argent »

If the effectiveness of a treatment was measured by how much it hurt, this was likely to be a splendid success. The old badger poured the cheap booze directly into the larger cuts, and dabbed at the smaller ones with what, by some miracle, appeared to be clean cotton balls straight from an unopened package.

"I know dogs see well at night, but I wouldn't go waltzing down there until the townsfolks have done messing around with their fire fighting contraptions. I bin caught in them shenanigans before, and the water they dump is none too clean, and I don't reckon having my good doctoring ruined by muddy water will do you any good."

He pulls out an old and somewhat stained but clean-smelling mattress and shoves it up against the rocks on one side of his hideout, and tosses a pile of similarly bedraggled blankets on the other.

"Now you take your pick. I got to save my fuel, my electric is out and the young fellow who fixes it up for me ain't bin around in a while. In the morning you can head on downtown, or wait until I check my traps and maybe have some breakfast."

He waits for Travis to pick a bed.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Keeshah wrote: The fire department should be ahead of us. you smell any water a head??

Doc kept his pace in trying to avoid fire spots and keep where the human in pursuit wouldn't get injured but as the fired raged he could smell the singing of fur and tried to pick up pace, hearing the sirens and seeing helicopters Doc pushed on checking on the officer behind him every little bit.
"All I smell is smoke and ash but I hear the sirens up ahead. Just a bit further"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Super-cat could hear wee-wahs as he circled over the streets of FeliCity with the Budgiemen. It was a strange sound to his hearing as the Wee-Wah's weren't needed in his city where he could be relied on to sort out anything from bank robberies to fires to puppies stuck up trees so he wondered where they were coming from and decided to sweep low. His Red and green costume reflected oddly off the surface of the lake he lived in and he dipped into the water, unseen by the fifty or so fishing boats that plied the water without ever coming close to discovering his base on the bottom of the lake that was stuffed with cameras that could see everything in the city except where the wee-wahs were coming from. He stepped over the toys that were strewn around the floor and turned the monitor on.

Leslie cracked open an eye and wondered how he'd ended up in a snuggly cocoon. He could hear the sounds of something he remembered now was called a Fyre Engine and, after almost falling from the covers of the bed, he blearily wandered over to the window to see if he could see where the sounds were coming from. He yawned as he dipped his head under the curtain and looked out into the dusk after remembering how to open the window a little. He couldn't see them but he could smell the reason they were there and it took him just a few seconds to remember Aron was also in the room and the noise could wake him and that wouldn't be fair so he closed the window and went back to the bed, struggling himself in. He remembered something and took his jacket off, dropping it by the side of the bed as he yawned, scratched, and wrapped himself back up to try and go back to sleep.

This time Super-cat couldn't care less about the Wee-Wahs.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"Haha...". The lioness said dryly.
Looking at Kandi she raised an eyebrow.
"Wait... Your joking right?". Asking just to make sure.
No, why? are you having second thoughts about helping out the fox now?
Kandi says with a straight face and expression..
Yes i am joking.. Lets see if there is anything on the TV about the fire.
Kandi goes back into the main room in the loft, an turns on the flat screen hanging on the wall across from the kitchen.

This is Action 6 news at 8! Leaning the breaking news, is the fire in Walton woods. for details we go to Patty Lynn at the scene.I'm here at the scene, Fire fighters report that they should have the fire out in the next 20 to 30 mins.. Witnesses reports that the fire was started by unsupervised pets playing with illegal fireworks. Animal control is on the scene, to rounding up the fire bugs. For Action 6 news, i'm Patty Lynn.

Did your home used to be in that area of the forest?

Marine Fox wrote: Doc kept his pace in trying to avoid fire spots and keep where the human in pursuit wouldn't get injured but as the fired raged he could smell the singing of fur and tried to pick up pace, hearing the sirens and seeing helicopters Doc pushed on checking on the officer behind him every little bit.
"All I smell is smoke and ash but I hear the sirens up ahead. Just a bit further"

*puff* *puff* I sure (cough) hope so.. this smoke is getting thick...
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"stay......calm......." The white , well ,now white/red, fox mumbled , seemingly just sleep talking
"......almost......here......" she whispered .Then , a thunder can be heard , and a big raincloud quickly approaching , following the wind that's been causing the firefighters so much trouble
then the first raindrop falls.....
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Leaving the portable radio with John, Joan bundles Pyre and Rusty into the car and runs them home. On the way back she hears on the radio that they're winning the fight against the fire and that the local supermarket is currently running a special on hams.
Arriving back at the house, she checks in with John and then pokes her head into Flynn's room.
"Any sign of Hutch yet?"
"Not yet. We'll let you know."

~~~~
Piper looks around. "I think we're just about done now. Were any of the toys damaged?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So, um... Hutch said as they walked.
What now?
----
So, do we go look for him, or wait 'til he gets back? Roo asked.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joan thinks for a moment. "Inside the house or far away is the safest place to be during a bushfire. We're inside the house and if he has any sense he'll get far away from the woods. I think we're better to stay here and wait. If he comes back here all well and good, but if not I'm sure he'll be smart enough to get away from the fire and somewhere safe. There are firies out there too so they'll be on the lookout for stray pets. The safest and best thing for us to do, I think, is to wait here. They did say on the radio earlier that they've almost got the fire out by now anyway so there's no need to worry too much any more."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Hlaoroo wrote:Leaving the portable radio with John, Joan bundles Pyre and Rusty into the car and runs them home. On the way back she hears on the radio that they're winning the fight against the fire and that the local supermarket is currently running a special on hams.
Arriving back at the house, she checks in with John and then pokes her head into Flynn's room.
"Any sign of Hutch yet?"
"Not yet. We'll let you know."

~~~~
Piper looks around. "I think we're just about done now. Were any of the toys damaged?"
"Not as far as I could tell," replied Lucky, "But I'm not expert."

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"If they didn't look damaged they should be fine, I reckon. Thanks for doing that."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Of course Piper," replied Lucky, "Anything for you."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Piper blushes slightly, then her ears twitch as a peal of thunder sounds in the distance.
"Did you hear that? Sounds like we're in for another-" She is cut off by another clap of thunder, this one directly overhead.
"Storm." she finishes after her ears stop ringing. "We'd better board up that door before the rain gets in and soaks the carpet and the merchandise. Reckon you can help with that too?" She leads Lucky to a storage room/workshop out the back where there are several trestle tables leaning against a wall.
"One of these should be big enough, I think, and we can cover what's left with a tarp. Can you grab the other end of it? Hopefully we'll be able to move it." She takes hold of her end.
"Ready? One, two, three, lift!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky lifted the board with all his might. "Man this is heavy!"

wolfbrothren

Post by wolfbrothren »

(Edit: Deleted.)
Last edited by wolfbrothren on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stryder Monroe (S-5, P-8, E-6, C-4, I-7, A-6, L-6)

Avatar made by the amazing Laxan
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"You right with it? Don't hurt yourself. We can get dad to help if it's t- Yaah!" The heavy table had slipped from Piper's grip and landed on her paw. Despite the pain, she makes sure to keep the table steady so it doesn't fall on Lucky.
"Ah, ooh, ah! Let's lie this down so I can get it off my paw! Ready? 1, 2, 3." They lie the table back on the linoleum floor and then Piper drops to the ground, clutching her foot.
"Ow ow ow! It's not broken, but still, ow! Can you get me some ice from the freezer upstairs please?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Right away!" replied Lucky breathlessly. He ran at full speed upstairs, grabbed an iceback and ran back down to Piper. "Here you go!"

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Did your home used to be in that area of the forest?
"Hmm?" Senka looked up from the TV she was poking at a second ago.
"Oh, no. Well, not really. The place where I live is deeper in the forest. But the territory that stretches around the border of the town is mine. Well, its mine now, since I used to share it with the other two mountain lions." She shrugged and went back to tapping the television screen.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you." She pulls a dusting rag off a nearby bench and wraps the icepack in it before applying it to her bruised appendage.
"We got the wrong table, I think. The one behind it there is the light one." She points to the other, more flimsy looking table which is still leaning against the wall.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Just me luck isn't it?" asked Lucky, rubbing the back of his head. "I can get it by myslef you take it easy." Lucky went over to the other table and tried to bring it over.
Last edited by WeirdGamer on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Lucky, don't do that! I don't want you getting hurt too! It's too big for one rabbit to move!"

~~~~
"I'm sure he'll be fine. From what you've said it sounds like you two have been in far worse scrapes."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

Lucky began to lift it up, "I got it, I got it, I got it..." he dropped it back down again, "I ain't got it."

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

At the instant the table hits the floor again another clap of thunder roars overhead. Piper laughs.
"Wow, that must be the heavy table after all."

~~~~
"How's the painting coming along, Mercury?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

"Yeah," agreed Lucky, "We're going to need some help."

wolfbrothren

Post by wolfbrothren »

Stryder shifted in his seat as he stared out the window, the radio droned on about the fire in the woods near Richmond Acres. “Well, the rain should help keep the fire from spreading, though it sounds now like they won’t need it.”

Stryder glanced towards his dad, “Are you sure about this? I mean, our old home was fine and I really didn't mind being alone all day.” his ears twitched nervously as he dad smiles at him.

“Everything will be alright, you will like it here.” His dad reaches over and grips Stryder’s shoulder comfortingly, “Unpacking in the rain will suck, though.” His dad chuckles, the warm, comforting sound easing some of Stryder’s nervousness away. Staring out the window again, Stryder watches the rain splash against the truck and the lightning flash through the clouds, flinching with each rumble of thunder. ‘I don’t know, seems pretty ominous to me.’

-----

The truck slows as it enters the neighborhood, Adam scanning the houses for the correct address, “Ah, here we are.” He says cheerfully and pulls the truck into the driveway, “Come on, grab some bags and let’s get inside.” Stryder quickly grabs his bag of toys and some blankets before racing to the door after his dad.
Stryder Monroe (S-5, P-8, E-6, C-4, I-7, A-6, L-6)

Avatar made by the amazing Laxan
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Keeshah wrote: *puff* *puff* I sure (cough) hope so.. this smoke is getting thick...
Doc silently agreed trying to keep his head down and stay on course but the fire was coming in a lot faster than he thought and the smoke was getting bad, Doc moved faster trying to get out of this mess but through the mess he heard crunching and creaking then a loud snap and when he looked at where he thought he heard the noise he saw the large tree coming down fats through the smoke and luckily this time Doc was able to dive out of the way as the tree fell and send chunks and ashes everywhere as well as block their clear path. Doc coughed and looked as the tree burned, he then turned to his human follower hoping he had an answer.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

edited due to myself messing up everything >_<
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laxan

Post by Laxan »

Radar opened her mouth to speak when there was a loud crack of thunder and the heavens opened, showering them instantly in heavy rain. "Oh, bother. Come on!" She began sprinting to Flynn's house and banged furiously on the door.