2013/10/25 - Jiminy Mouse

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Hedronal

Re: 2013/10/25 - Jiminy Mouse

Post by Hedronal »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
jrh150482 wrote:
Gren wrote:Maybe Fido is Peanut's alter ego! And he's dating with both Tarot and Sabrina! :o
An intriguing theory, Gren, but it's not possible. As you can see here, both Fido and Peanut are present in the shot. So they can't be one and the same, although that would have been a great plot twist that would have opened so many cans of worms.
What about a plot where they swap for a day?
Who knows? Maybe they're actually related. Bino would just lose it if that turned out to be true!
Gren

Post by Gren »

jrh150482 wrote:
Gren wrote:Maybe Fido is Peanut's alter ego! And he's dating with both Tarot and Sabrina! :o
An intriguing theory, Gren, but it's not possible. As you can see here, both Fido and Peanut are present in the shot. So they can't be one and the same, although that would have been a great plot twist that would have opened so many cans of worms.
Yeah, I was just joking, I doubt Rick would do such a thing (though who am I to say that?).
As far as I know, they appeared in the same strip in four more cases:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/12/ ... like-that/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/12/ ... s-edition/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/12/ ... hed-socks/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/05/ ... sundering/

However, if you want an explanation, you could say that every time they appeared together one of them was Dragon in disguise. Or maybe they're like Brad Pitt and Edward Norton in "Fight Club". That would be AWESOME!!
ImageImage
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Spo has a point, get your Tail out of your house and crush that wedding Fido 8-)
Argent

Post by Argent »

I think Spo's doubletake in the last panel is too overdone, a facepaw would be more appropriate.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

valerio wrote:...And there's more.
Should Fido come out publicly, Max will know that Sabrina dumped him for A DOG. That could *seriously* hurt his self-esteem, to a point in which it may damage his relationship with grape.
Not to mention that Peanut, being the hyper-emotive pup in stressful situation, could also decide to tell inf ront of everyone how he feels for Grape.
Double ouchi, Maxie-kitty!
*snrk* This is a huge stretch, but this just dawned on me today: You know what would be a second funny twist as opposed to how we would think Maxwell would not accept the fact that Sabrina dumped him for a dog? If Maxwell's gym training with Kevin made everyone get the idea that Maxwell is suddenly friendly with dogs. Or in Bino's case, a "Dog Lover". If Fido reveals the fact that Sabrina and him are dating to the public, he would likely want to strangle the both of them, but then the upside is that everyone's perspective of Maxwell changed to being a nice guy all along. And just as mysterious. X3

But again, that would be a huge stretch since i'm sure Maxwell isn't exactly going to be the "Swallow your pride" type, but then again... after what happened with Spirit Dragon, you never know. He might've learned not to jump to conclusions so easily.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Good advice Spot, it's impressive from you, but then you can't deny to have however hurted Fido's feelings by saying that. :P The argument is about a dame.
Yeah, only Fido have a chance to break the wedding (the PETA, not really...).
Morris

Post by Morris »

Hahaha... I love this.
Ruff0tter

Post by Ruff0tter »

Hummm...
You know Peanut looking like Fido could be why Bino picks on him when he does. After all Bino know bullying Fido just wouldn't work for him...so take out your frustrations on someone who looks like him...
Course that was before he found a target in cute King....
Does Bino still pick on Peanut?
A cute otter...with red eyes....ah a demon!!!
Oh wait he's just an albino.
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Ruff0tter wrote:Hummm...
You know Peanut looking like Fido could be why Bino picks on him when he does. After all Bino know bullying Fido just wouldn't work for him...so take out your frustrations on someone who looks like him...
Course that was before he found a target in cute King....
Does Bino still pick on Peanut?
Bino seems to pick on anyone not percieved as in his side, to make himself feel good by comparison. Anyone he has a shot at, he takes it.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

deepskycyan wrote:
Hedronal wrote:
Gren wrote:Is it just me or Fido looks a lot to Peanut lately? Perhaps is due to the facial expressions?
The main visual differences between Peanut and Fido have been their colorations, sunglasses, and mouse-headedness. Other than that, they've always been dead ringers for each other.
TV Tropes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Webcomic/Housepets?from=Main.Housepets) wrote:Only Six Faces: This was particularly bad during the comic's first year, but has gotten better following the style revision. It's not perfect, though; apart from a color shift and some differences in clothing, Peanut is a dead ringer for Fido.
Yeah.
I have an account on TV Tropes and happen to have wrote some of th newer tropes on the Housepets! page.
Feel my icy wrath!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Gamewolf67 wrote:
I have an account on TV Tropes and happen to have wrote some of th newer tropes on the Housepets! page.
I like that some of the minor characters like the 'Roos, the Host and Falstaff & Truck are getting mentioned.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, Spo, looks like you gave Fido quite a heavy piece of advice. How can you even carry that around!?

I once made a WMG that Fido was Peanut's father...

I do hope Fido can get there in time and knock out Jata.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?