S'all good. I'll get right on it.

Addition: Where is everyone else?
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I don;t know exactly where everyone else is...
I actually lost track of where I am (totally my fault, I didn't pay enough attention when Lance got distracted by a returning player and when I came back the group had split up) So I'll just say that Jess is taking a nap in the park (that's where we were before, right?)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah that's where I remember you last before I went off with the Pandas. Truth be told I actually thought you had just kind of quit on us Brent.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

nope, just lost track of myself. I'd have hopped right back in, but as I said the group had split up before I noticed, so I didn't have anywhere to easily hop.

new character means new opportunity.

I especially like the part about "Danni prefers to be by herself rather than make friends"
like the exact opposite of Jessica. Should be fun
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Here's my character.

Name: Matatabi Cannon
Species: Norwegian Forest Cat
Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

Appearance: Matatabi has white and black fur. His right eye is yellow and his left eye is green. He has a nick in his right ear. His tail is black.
He wears a blue collar with this as his tag.
Personality: Matatabi is very polite and kind to others. He enjoys to play card games. He likes to be around other people instead of being alone. He likes to make a lot of bad puns.

Background: When Matatabi was young he was given away to a different owner and separated from his family. He eventually made some friends. His family then decided to move again to Sunset Plateau.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
S:5
P:7
E:7
C:6
I:6
A:6
L:6
Color: this.
Last edited by hypernovatic on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

All right I don't see anything really wrong with this character, other then the sheet being maybe a bit light on description, but that's fine. You can start posting asap. Also this means that Sunset is now closed to new characters sorry to anyone else who wanted to join but you will have to wait.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I was going to say the character sheet looked a little lite but I thought I'd see if it was just me or if someone else saw it as well. It's fine. It does seem just a little lite.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I just found out that (according to Google Translate) Matatabi means "Catmint" in Japanese.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
zephyrtobiaswolf

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

Hey hyper, I noticed something. Your charrie has no intelligence score XP
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Thanks, I changed it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Hey guys, I wanted to apologize. I've kinda slacked in posting, and I'm gonna try to pick it up, and post at least once a week. I'll try for more, of course, but I'm starting my first semester of college, so I'll have less time on my hands.
Please, though, if there's ever some conversation you absolutely need me to reply to, go ahead and PM me.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

So we have slowed down quite a bit, I've checked the Leave and Return topic and no one has said anything about leaving unless I missed it. I'm going to assume that this is just general holiday business catching up to everyone here.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

That's what I'm wondering. As the general roleplay forum has slowed down. However, I am sort of waiting for Valerio and zephyrtobiaswolf(if he's still around) to post before starting the dance again.
zephyrtobiaswolf

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

-drags self back in- Sorrry guys, things got really crazy really quick for a while. Everything's slowed down though, so I'll be back to posting regularly. Again, sorry for just poofing like that -whimpers-
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
Koya Ghost

Post by Koya Ghost »

https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 08#p557208

-Name- - Vincent - |Male|
-Character Type- ::MAIN::
-Species- Border Collie
-Age- 21 (Dog)
-Neighborhood-
|||:::||| Sunset Plateau |||:::|||

-Appearance- Short-middle Length Shaggy fur covers Vincent from muzzle to toe in a pure jet black apparition. Upon his abdominal area, is a patch of scarlet-red fur that's more russet than the hue of Rudolph's nose, (But dark, like a wine stain or blood). The creature has a lovable and familiar face, much like his brother Koya. (And he looks like he could easily hit a modeling position for a mag.) He's constantly being mistaken for someone else, and his brother is no exception to the rule either. His build is roughly average, though he seems to tone better than most other dogs. He may not be massive, but he's well strong enough to hold his own for the most part. At full standing salute, the male reaches a healthy 4 foot 3 inches. [His Brother, same height.] Vincent is never seen without his trademark Red Silk tie hanging long from his neck where a collar normally would stand. (Tags are underneath the Ties' knot.) He's also known for his impossibly blue "Summer-Sea" eyes.

-Personality- Vincent is a very laid back, caring individual that's always trying to help out and explore. He's got a fairly good head upon his shoulders and he's more than capable of helping himself, and others in a pinch. You can bet your bottom dog treat that he's always trying to explore deep within the untouched parts of a nearby forest or abandoned haunted houses for a quick thrill. (And a sense of accomplishment.) If he's not out on the street trying to stir something up, you can always find him home, typing up stories with his online friends or playing video games with his owners or brother.

-Other Notes- Until I get comfortable using my character here (Since I'm new and everything.) I'm going to claim his brother Koya being on leave. (Either training school or some other excuse until further notice.)***

Quick Back Story::: Vincent and Koya were found together wandering the back alley ways of a guttered down town early in their lives. With no sign of a previous owner and no recollection of their mother or father, the two were labeled as 'abandoned beasts, claimed by the streets.'
That was until they met their new, loving, and quickly adoptive owners | Mr and Mrs. Yokonawa. The two were quickly adopted into the Yokonawa family, Vincent adorning a male name from his Italian, female owner, while Koya adopted a strange adaptation of Eastern Asia phrasing, which was roughly translated into 'Crazy'. Mr. Yokonawa had a strange sense of humor, but it was fitting for the Border Collie. He was caught trying to shimmy across the Yokonawa's apartment ledge to break into an open window upon the other side~
The Yokonawa family would soon adapt notations and pamphlets upon a nearby, pet-friendly neighborhood that adorned the name Sunset Plateau. They quickly set aside a hefty deposit on one of the neighboring homes and bought space, allowing all four of them to live in a suburban, pet friendly, and growing community.

Str: 6
Per: 4
End: 6
Chr: 8
Int: 7
Agl: 6
Luc: 5

Am I doing it right? :V
The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and arteries.
(Or Chest, depending.)
Link to 17th Cent Ship character, Vincent http://tinyurl.com/m5erdmd
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Koya, if you're still interested, you might want to try PMing Ice. Things are kinda hectic, what with Christmas and whatnot.

Speaking of holidays, wanted to say Happy New year to everyone! Let's strive to make even more amazing memories for our characters in Sunset Plateau!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Aye aye, Sir! Will do! :D
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*cries just a little*
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Xhunter I don't want to close it down but really what choice do I have? I have no idea what to do in this place now and really I don't feel like playing anymore. Its not about anyone here, really its not, I'm just bored of it and really no one else seems to care about this place anymore either. If you want to take over as GM and try to get it back into shape please go ahead.

Edit: Sorry a bit of an explanation to anyone from here that is still around. I sent a PM to Val and Xhunter (the two I consider the most active in Sunset) to see if either of them wanted to take over for me or if I should just close Sunset down for good at this point. No one has posted in nearly 3 weeks, I no longer feel like playing and the player who was keeping us going for the end there just up and left with no warning. I no longer know what to do with Sunset.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

It's okay Ice, it's okay. Just a little sad it got to this that's all. And was still hoping it'd pick back up. I have a few close out ideas that I'm tossing around. I'm waiting to see what Val's ideas are though.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Hello! If SP will be closing due to a lack of a GM, it may be saved if there is enough interest and somebody wants to step up to the plate. So... Who all is still around and would like to keep SP alive?

EDIT:
Whoopsie... I missed Ice's edit :/
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yes please if anyone does want to keep it around do step up. It just needs work to get some new blood in it and keep the players posting. I had a ton of fun here but its just no longer interesting to me and it hasn't been for some time now.

Edit: I think waiting till next Friday March 7th will be a long enough time for someone to come forward. If no one comes up by then I will then have to consider Sunset closed for good.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Dear Sunset Plateau...

My name is MrNeonShot, and I am the game mistro of Apollo City. As you can see in my rp, I'm pretty good at keeping things flowing.
I'd hate to see a roleplay shut down, so I am applying to be your new Game master.
I'm very active on the (roleplaying part of the) forums, and will always check on SP.
I make up lots of idea's on the fly, so that will keep things interesting.
And thirdly, I want to see new roleplayers on the forums, and am really good at applications.

I hope you guys accept me, and I'll see you soon, if you'll have me.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:It's okay Ice, it's okay. Just a little sad it got to this that's all. And was still hoping it'd pick back up. I have a few close out ideas that I'm tossing around. I'm waiting to see what Val's ideas are though.
I'm not good enough to be a GM for SP, myself.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'd be fine with you taking over, MNS.

also, sorry for not posting here in so long. But my character got to a point where I can't really do much and for some reason I didn't want to just make a 1 sentence post. Then the RP sort of went inactive for a while and I didn't feel rushed, then I kinda forgot that I needed to post.

I'll try to be more active if we can actually get this revived.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Thanks! I'll post my idea's if and when I get the job!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, I might be interested in joining if anybody can tell me what this RP is all about and what kind of things have been happening.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

MrNeonShot wrote:Thanks! I'll post my idea's if and when I get the job!
I really don't know how to give you the job here but if this is really just up to my approval go ahead and take the job man I really wish you luck running this place. :D
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I decided to wait a bit to see if there were any interest in reviving SP. While I don't want it to go away, I'd rather not play alone either. I wouldn't mind testing a new GM to see if that'd help the problem. So, yes you have my vote MrNeonShot. Good luck. I promise not to behave too badly. '.'
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Thanks!
May I ask for a rundown of whats happened recently in the RP? I have this awesome idea for the reviving of Sunset Plateau?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Welp, here's my charater.

Name: Blay Shines

Species: Stylized Siamese Cat

Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

-Appearance-
A Siamese cat with a green tint to the white, while the black is replaced with dark green. He has a dark green collar with a yellow star on it. He has a small dark green back pack, only big enough to hold a laptop and some other electronics.

-Personality-
A very quiet person in public. Though quiet, he is not timid, he is just non-social. He always acts bored, and never gets excited in public. Though, when he is on a computer, he is very excited and funloving. He is found of socializing on the web, but never let's anyone know who he actually is. He longs to have friends, but he is afraid of letting people know the true him. He also likes playing video games, and is a die hard Nintendo fan (When he is by himself of course).

Other Notes:
-The star on his collar serves as a USB for his computer.
-He always has his laptop with him.
-He has an Android phone.
-He is de-clawed.
SPECIAL
STR-3
PER-10
END-3
CHA-5
INT-7
AGI-4
LUC-10
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

You are accepted!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

So.... Do I just jump into the RP now?
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Well, um, maybe we should just end the current day, and start a new one? Not the next day, either, but where a good amount of time has passed. That way, we can have a semi-fresh start, maybe make some plans and what-not with each other.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That sounds like a good idea, Pecan.

Here's the sheet for my first character for here.
Name: Christine “Chris”/”Christamundo” Martin
Neighbourhood: Sunset Plateau
Species: King Charles Cavalier Spaniel
Appearance: Mostly white, she has large, floppy chestnut-coloured ears, the colour of which extends up onto her head and around to her eyes. She also has blotches of the same colour across her back and sides. Her fur is of middling length and she’s about average height for her breeding, which means she’s short compared to many other dogs. Her collar is red and her tag is a silver star.
Background: Chris hails from London, England. Her owner is a magician and realising her propensity for magic, taught her everything he knows from an early age and included her in his shows as well as giving her her stage name, Christamundo. As a result, she is a mistress of illusion, sleight of hand, mind reading, escapes, card tricks and stage magic as well as close up magic and parlour tricks, even surpassing her owner in many regards. Unfortunately her owner was not able to make it as a magician in England so he’s come to Sunset Plateau to try again. When he’s not practising and performing magic, he works as an accountant in a bank. Bofe Chris an’ ‘er ownuh speak wivva bi’ ovva Cockney accent. Chris is also asthmatic and carries an inhaler around with her. Despite this, she keeps herself fit and active as she needs to be for her magic, although she's painfully aware that she has her limit and she knows that there are certain escapes that she'll never be able to do.
Personality: Chris is a showdog. Friendly, outgoing and not in the least bit shy, she knows how to read and manipulate people and often uses this skill to outstanding effect in her act. Loyal to her friends, she is caring and gentle and patient. At the same time, she is active and sporty and loves to run and chase things.
Stats: S4, P6, E3, C8, I7, A8, L6
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

@SuperStar:
I think we should wait until we have stuff planned.

@Pecan:
Would you mind if I pick your brain for idea's since you know more about this rp than I?

@Hlaoroo:
Interesting character, but the stats are too even, and it totals to 36, whereas the max is 42. If you want to stick with 36 points, go ahead, but just spread it out a little.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Oops. I forgot to put the charisma stat. *facepaw* I fixed it now. As to teh evenness of the stats, I was struggling to decide which to change because as a magician you probably need all those things. I've rethought it though and edited them. How do you like it now?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I likey!
You haz been accepted
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yayz! Now to work out what sort of a RP this is and what's happening. I agree with Pecan that we should do a time jump.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I don't mind..... I dont even need to be here, *yawns*

Don't listen to Blay, he's just dying to meet new people.