2013/11/15 - Double Bubble Trouble

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Re: 2013/11/15 - Double Bubble Trouble

Post by TheOne »

Since I haven't actually weighed in on this one yet...oops... I can almost 'hear' Sabrina saying " I love you" to Fido in panel 2.
As for panels 3&4, I think this is what's going through Fido's mind...(note to self: PG!)
Panel 3: Sabrina is always bringing me small animals to take care of, so she cares for others more than herself. Does that mean she would want me to save Jata first?
Panel 4: Nah, Sabrina is more valuable than some small animal.
(I kinda think Spo is Rick's way of illustrating the point, since we haven't been specifically introduced to any of the other small animals Sabrina has dumped on Fido.)
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Render wrote:
Cesco wrote:
spyderwolf wrote: :shock: Wait. Jata is a cat right? And most cats don't like water. Let us see where this goes.
He's a leopard, despite in the comic he's called a cat; they should have more confidence with the water than cats. More, Jata already took a shower... That's valid for Sabrina, would be curious see if she'll have a reaction about that once out the water. But maybe she's one of the few cats which like to stay in water.
Don't forget that he was also washing himself on the balcony. At least, it looked like this...
I don't believe so, surely there he was doing gymnastic. Wash yourself out a balcony is so weird, regardless of anything... :P Do gymnastic in that way not really, instead, it's so also for yoga practicing.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Frank wrote:Cool! When I tilted my laptop screen back, the words "save him" appeared in the thought bubble!
I just stood up.
I like this color/.
Join the Housepets! IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23HPRT&uio=d4 #HPRT
Rick Griffin-Pete Griffin. Brothers?
I love mods. Now shush before I drag one over here...
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

spyderwolf wrote:
Frank wrote:Cool! When I tilted my laptop screen back, the words "save him" appeared in the thought bubble!
I just stood up.
Thanks for that, I didn't see those words at all before I tried this.

I wonder why Rick made the words so hard to see though.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

I can see them just fine. Maybe it just has to do with your brightness settings?
*cough*
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Cesco wrote:I don't believe so, surely there he was doing gymnastic. Wash yourself out a balcony is so weird, regardless of anything... :P Do gymnastic in that way not really, instead, it's so also for yoga practicing.
I know he did his exercises, but imagine he would habe a sponge in his hand, it's really lookig like washing. :D
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
G'aunt_The_Overlord
Location: Arlandia, Vorru, Kanakra, Serus Galaxy, Dimension 7

Post by G'aunt_The_Overlord »

Viath wrote:I love how much story can be told merely in the expressions. Fido knows what the right thing to do is but he doesn't want to do it :)
And I love the last panel, "what would Sabrina do?" vs "what would Spo do?"
Thank you I was very confused about this strip! :lol:
ha ha Jata with swirly-KO eyes
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Dissension wrote:Please explain what this conversation has to do with the current comic.
I have no idea either.

Now back to the show!

AFTER THESE MESSAGES!

Now we're back.
Feel my icy wrath!
Panther

Post by Panther »

As said in "Malibu baywatch" : "- You can't save them all the time" :D

Let Jata drown and save Sabrina :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUEmH9OtR5c
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Panther wrote:As said in "Malibu baywatch" : "- You can't save them all the time" :D

Fido's a hero and Jata's sort of a gentleman. He gets 'ladies first' so knows you have to save her first - then try and get him up.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Panther wrote:As said in "Malibu baywatch" : "- You can't save them all the time" :D

Fido's a hero and Jata's sort of a gentleman. He gets 'ladies first' so knows you have to save her first - then try and get him up.
Would you save the man who tried to kill you?
Feel my icy wrath!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

If I could do it without him killing me, yes.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

TheOne wrote:Since I haven't actually weighed in on this one yet...oops... I can almost 'hear' Sabrina saying " I love you" to Fido in panel 2.
As for panels 3&4, I think this is what's going through Fido's mind...(note to self: PG!)
Panel 3: Sabrina is always bringing me small animals to take care of, so she cares for others more than herself. Does that mean she would want me to save Jata first?
Panel 4: Nah, Sabrina is more valuable than some small animal.
(I kinda think Spo is Rick's way of illustrating the point, since we haven't been specifically introduced to any of the other small animals Sabrina has dumped on Fido.)
I think there's a slight difference between Spo and Jata. Spo was an innocent mouse, probably just minding his own business when Sabrina's Dad saw him and ordered Sabrina to kill him.

Jata completely caused and is totally responsible for his current condition. He made his bed, now he's drowning in it.

Sabrina comes first.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Geez, what's with all the hate? :?
I mean the guys a jerk, but don't let him die. That's kinda permanent.

Though Fido should still save Sabrina first because she's been down there the longest, and Jata's still got a little while before the lack of oxygen starts to cause brain damage.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Obbl wrote:Geez, what's with all the hate? :?

Though Fido should still save Sabrina first because she's been down there the longest, and Jata's still got a little while before the lack of oxygen starts to cause brain damage.
Well, I didn't mean intentionally let him die, I'm just saying Fido should rescue Sabrina first. (I'm pretty sure Rick won't kill him off, ether the wolves/k9s will dive after him, Keene can have the pool drained or Fido will rescue him).

I know you are all probably tired of my Pete theories but let me just put one more on the table...

If Pete is Jata, or put the bug in Jata's ear to go to Babylon Gardens....might his interest not be in Sabrina, but in Fido as a avatar? After all, there was a Fido off-putting figurine in that shot during the trial in heaven segment, would this suggest that Fido was/is on Pete's short list?
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Obbl wrote:Geez, what's with all the hate? :?

Well, I didn't mean intentionally let him die, I'm just saying Fido should rescue Sabrina first. (I'm pretty sure Rick won't kill him off, ether the wolves/k9s will dive after him, Keene can have the pool drained or Fido will rescue him).

I know you are all probably tired of my Pete theories but let me just put one more on the table...

If Pete is Jata, or put the bug in Jata's ear to go to Babylon Gardens....might his interest not be in Sabrina, but in Fido as a avatar? After all, there was a Fido off-putting figurine in that shot during the trial in heaven segment, would this suggest that Fido was/is on Pete's short list?
How about Pete gets Jata to do something or whatever?
Feel my icy wrath!
Muninn

Post by Muninn »

Just looked again at the comic, and Jata's swirly eyes and him floating to the bottom still makes me lol. Poor Fido, now he has two people to save. Oh well, he's a police dog so he's trained for this!

PS: It would be awesome if Feraga tradition forces Jata to make amends somehow with Fido for saving him.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Muninn wrote:PS: It would be awesome if Feraga tradition forces Jata to make amends somehow with Fido for saving him.
I would like to see that. At least for Sabrina's sake.
RatHead

Post by RatHead »

Saturn381 wrote:I would like to see that. At least for Sabrina's sake.
^This^

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:I think there's a slight difference between Spo and Jata. Spo was an innocent mouse, probably just minding his own business when Sabrina's Dad saw him and ordered Sabrina to kill him.

Jata completely caused and is totally responsible for his current condition. He made his bed, now he's drowning in it.

Sabrina comes first.
I agree with you that Sabrina would/should come first in Fido's mind. I'm not sure that Spo was so innocent, but that's another topic entirely.
I also agree that Jata (partially) caused this problem. (He probably wouldn't have even come to Babylon Gardens if not for his {whatever he has} for Sabrina, and that {whatever he has} wouldn't exist if she...I dunno... had broken all ties to him when she left Feraga.) Again, another topic.
All I really want to get across is that in Fido's mind, he thought Sabrina would want him to save someone else first, but then the thought occurred (which is what I think you're getting at) that Sabrina is more 'valuable' to Fido than her opinions of who he should save.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
WhoElseButQuagmire

TheOne wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:I think there's a slight difference between Spo and Jata. Spo was an innocent mouse, probably just minding his own business when Sabrina's Dad saw him and ordered Sabrina to kill him.

Sabrina comes first.
I agree with you that Sabrina would/should come first in Fido's mind. I'm not sure that Spo was so innocent, but that's another topic entirely.
Funny you should say that...I was going to write innocent (?) but forgot to do so.