Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Stuff.

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Stuff. »

STAIRFAX TEMPERATURES

But yes, I quite like that game actually. Didn't quite belong in the Star Fox franchise, but it was a very nice Zelda-style game on its own.

I like the idea of having ground combat in Star Fox, but not the way Assault handled it. I'd prefer something more linear and energetic, based more on a pure third-person shooter. Or, alternately, it could still be on-rails, like an arcade-style, House of the Dead type thing. I could see that working out. For the most part, though, I think the series should ideally stick to aerial combat. I might have liked Assault a lot more if six out of ten missions hadn't been ground-based.
*cough*
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I really would have loved to see the original game honestly
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Yeah, same. Turning it into Star Fox was a pretty bad call on Nintendo's part, but the game was still fun.
*cough*
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

In Dinosaur planet (the original game), Krystal was just a little girl who was a relevant fighter because of her use of magic.
Starfox turned her into something completely different.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

MrNeonShot wrote:I have Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for the Xbox360, and Burn Out Paradise.
Both are really fun, but Burn Out Paradise is by far more fun.
Of course, Burnout Paradise is one of the best arcade racing games ever made, the fun is ensured: many different cars with different driving ways; a big, various and beautiful city; great gameplay with lot of things to do; very long longevity; very good and enjoyable OST. Fortunately it there's also for PC, I've played it for much time, has been hard complete it in single player.
NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 is a good game, its gameplay and look remind of the old chapters, more like a NFS should be. Its graphic is very nice, except for the saturated colors. Good longevity and fun to play. Its worse part has been the driving way, too much similar for all the cars and really fake with doing all those drifts on every curve... Really ugly the MarioKart-like rotating effect on the cars. :|

If you've avoided the successive NFS games, its good for you. NFS The Run is a real crap: ugly and very short single player with a banal story behind; bad driving way because a bit self controlled (!), was a pain use the keyboard, better the gamepad; not a great graphic despite the engine, mainly because of low resolution textures. This is the worse chapter of the entire series together with Undercover, both really forgettable, too...
NFS Most Wanted 2012 is a real waste, an insult to the great older Most Wanted chapter: poor single player with few unlockables (yes, I care only to the single player gameplay mode, that's what a game really offers to the player); too repetitive thigns to do for each car to unlock pseudo-tuning parts (practically they work as power-ups...); it can well annoy soon; badly made, but sometimes hard, cop chases. Good aspects are: the pretty good and different driving model of each car class, also kinda hard to control (the speed was unrealistic, but that's in-line with arcade racing games); the very good graphic and sounds, stunning sometimes. At the end it's a bad copy of Burnout Paradise, but however, I see it as a decent base to improve a lot...
NFS Rivals looks interesting and primising, but it's too much similar to NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 with the gameplay features and overall presenting, looking at the videos. There will be to see the driving way, it seems to be better so far. Very good the cars list, with the real return of the Ferrari cars.

Other suggested arcade racing games where the gameplay is only made of driving are: FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (great third chapter of the series, by BugBear Entertainment, and to don't be confused with the latest FlatOut 3, which is just terrible!); Driver San Francisco (very good return of the series, longeve and enjoyable till its end); Ridge Racer Unbounded (it's not like the storic chapters, but it's a decent and fun game); Blur (very good and unfortunate game, with power-ups and really fun gameplay); Split/Second Velocity (another very good and unfortunate game, very original gameplay and beautiful artistic graphic).

All what said is IMO, obviously, based on personal experiences.
MrNeonShot wrote:Starfox, anyone?
I know very few of this storic game series. Once I found some info about, I would like to try it... Must try also some of the other great Nintendo games, I've always been very far from them because of racing games habit reasons... (I've played only the first classic Super Mario Bros.). :oops:
Ah, Rare Games, what a bad end you've done now on Microsoft's hands... :roll:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Yes, they do that sort of thing.
*cough* Xbox one *cough*
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Okay here's a question. Do any of you know about the game Fur Fighters? For those who don't know, it's a third-person shooter with anthropomorphic animals that was released for the Dreamcast, the Playstation 2 (which is the version I have), and recently the iPad.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Saturn381 wrote:Okay here's a question. Do any of you know about the game Fur Fighters? For those who don't know, it's a third-person shooter with anthropomorphic animals that was released for the Dreamcast, the Playstation 2 (which is the version I have), and recently the iPad.
Hehe, this game is even in my game collection :) . It was (and is) pretty funny.

Yay! Just one week till the release of Zelda: A link between worlds! :D I'm really looking forward to this game! :mrgreen:
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Poor Krystal. Pretty blue fox who could've had a lot of development and she's given the Princess Toadstool treatment.

Except they decided to also give her the dame in distress ball too.

StarFox adventures was awesome. I just wish I could've seen it in it's full glory and not the cop-out that happened. The music was beautiful, the graphics were amazing. I just think the gameplay and story were dumb. In my opinion, that's probably why I loved StarFox Adventures so much. It's one of the rare eyecandy games that I could enjoy watching all the time, despite it now being 2 Generations old. Like Super Metroid. but you know, I guess the unfinished is officially 'finished' as Nintendo says. I didn't mind what they were trying to do with StarFox Adventures, but they really should've had some people try to develop a much more fleshed out story than what they had at the time.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The sudden fight with Andross at the end REALLY peeved me.
I spent all that time working on the ground, and the boss fight is in the air?!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Not to mention Andross really had no impact on the story other than "surprise, Andross!"

The game was fun but they kind of butchered it when they wanted to make it a Star Fox game.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I'm thinking about getting the original game and playing that.
True, I loved Star Fox Adventures, but I just don't want a snobby Krystal.
I also want to see it in a 64 version of the game.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I really like Krystal's design, so I keep wanting them to do more with her. She was a pretty good character (by Star Fox standards) in Assault. In Command she was just a huge drama queen though.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I just caught a shiny Skiddo! :mrgreen:
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Sleet wrote:I really like Krystal's design
Ohohoho, does Sleet have the hots for a certain vixen?
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

TinFoilHats wrote:Ohohoho, does Sleet have the hots for a certain vixen?
Behold!
The Honorable Brick! *TinFoilHats has been Honor'd!*

Disclaimer: Anyone that has been Honor Bricked will be subjected to honor the wishes of those s/he speaks to from now on.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

In his defence, most furries became furries because of her.
I friggin' hate her now.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

MrNeonShot wrote:In his defence, most furries became furries because of her.
I friggin' hate her now.
That seems to me to be a wrong way to hate her, though.

Krystal without a doubt is gorgeous. Even if that was one of the reasons people became one with the fanbase, it's more about the depiction that seemed to cause issues. What I was seeing was a warrior princess, but instead we seem to get a quick replacement for Peppy and a flirtatious love interest.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Folks here get in line
To speak of a talking blue fox,
While I brood for Warhammer Online,
In a month, It'll be buried on a wooden box.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

So I got Rune Factory 4 instead of Pokémon and let me tell I don't regret it cause now I have a Horse Husband and a kid and my best friend who is a green dragon is dead and I'm trying to get her back but involves going through a really annoying dungeon where the recommended level is 150 and I'm about level 118 so this really bad but I really want my best dragon friend back and Horse Husband is awesome but most of the regular people don't have the durability necessary to make it through this abomination of a dungeon and neither do I for that matter but I'm going to do it because I refuse to let dragon friend continue to be dead even though I spent a year waiting to get married and then another 5 raising a child but come on I wasn't going to wait to finish the dungeon 'till that happened cause I want to make horse boyfriend horse husband right away!
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

TinFoilHats wrote:
Sleet wrote:I really like Krystal's design
Ohohoho, does Sleet have the hots for a certain vixen?
It's hard for one to deny she's pretty.

If they ever make another Star Fox game I'd love to see her depicted more as, what GameCobra says, a warrior princess. It's a character I just want to like but have trouble.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Dear dog, Xillia 2 is such a great game. Totally worth the wait and what I paid for it. I'm neglecting Pokémon Y to play it but it's worth it. Pokémon gets boring anyway.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

They threw her away when she joined with Star Wolf.
Miyu all the way.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Megamaster wrote:Pokémon gets boring anyway.
How can you say that? X and Y have so much to offer.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

hypernovatic wrote:
I haven't touched the game in over a week. I don't really feel like going back to it either. When I do, I'm just gonna beat the Elite 4 and set the game down forever like I did with every other one before it.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Can't wait to play Pokémon X and Y for Christmas...
Sooooo looking forward to hijacking a Pidgeot again. In 3D!
The Grey Wolverine

hypernovatic wrote:
Because the Tales series has input in the battles. YOU CAN MOVE! This is all....also the story and characters are interesting and well written, and develop. Case in point: Luke from Tales of the Abbyss.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

X and Y has a lot more content than the other games. Not to mention that even getting to the Elite Four involves more gameplay than past games.
The Grey Wolverine

Yeah, but its still all just Send Pokemang to field. Use these attacks. Watch animation. Repeat at infinitum. With The Tales games, it's in real time, you block actively, and to use abilities you need to use combos, it pays like a weird JRPG/2-D brawler if that makes sense. Plus, there is stuff to do.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

GameCobra wrote:Can't wait to play Pokémon X and Y for Christmas...
Sooooo looking forward to hijacking a Pidgeot again. In 3D!
Add me! :lol:
I'm looking forward to bringing over my gold pidgeot from Kanto. :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Yeah, but its still all just Send Pokemang to field. Use these attacks. Watch animation. Repeat at infinitum. With The Tales games, it's in real time, you block actively, and to use abilities you need to use combos, it pays like a weird JRPG/2-D brawler if that makes sense. Plus, there is stuff to do.
To be perfectly honest, I'm a way better Tales player than I am a Pokémon one. In Pokémon, I'm only decent enough to beat the main story. Tales games just do a better job of keeping my attention. Also having too much stuff to do is one of my biggest turn offs in video games. I also am not a multiplayer person in the slightest so over all Tales games are just better to me.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I have a P.C box full of Eevee with its hidden ability in Pokemon X if anyone wants one.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Sure, When I get the game. :lol:
I will be up for trades upon getting the game, reminding me I also still have something ready for MegaMaster. :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Yeah, but its still all just Send Pokemang to field. Use these attacks. Watch animation. Repeat at infinitum. With The Tales games, it's in real time, you block actively, and to use abilities you need to use combos, it pays like a weird JRPG/2-D brawler if that makes sense. Plus, there is stuff to do.
That'd be a criticism of turn-based RPGs in general, not just Pokémon.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Got "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" today and I love it! :D Finally there's another Zelda with aerial perspective (A Link to the Past is one of my favourite games). :)
And the new item-system is a refreshing thing! I think it's my game of the year! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Got Kid Icarus: Uprising back. Been playing it a lot.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hukley wrote:Got "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" today and I love it! :D Finally there's another Zelda with aerial perspective (A Link to the Past is one of my favourite games). :)
And the new item-system is a refreshing thing! I think it's my game of the year! :D
My mother is trying to tease me by buying it. I want it, but i'm trying to save the money for Mario Kart and Pokémon X... X3
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

All are good.
And don't bother asking Link what his opinion of the game is. :lol:
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So apparently Super Mario 3D World is getting phenomenal reviews. I'm both excited because I wanted that game since I saw the trailer, and sad because I can't afford it for another two weeks. D:
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Give hints that you want it, it's almost Christmas. :3