2013/11/25 - Certainty Certainly

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Karl

Re: 2013/11/25 - Certainty Certainly

Post by Karl »

Well, I'll just drop by and only say that today's strip brings couple things that might come up in future. And it makes me excited to think how they will be presented.
I'm a bookworm!
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Xane wrote:For someone so smart, Fox sure has let other people do most of the thinking for him.

Maybe this'll be what changes that.
Xane how do you always get second comment?
Feel my icy wrath!
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

RatHead wrote:i would be a liar if i said i didn't expect this, infact i expected someting JUST LIKE this.. wait! i guess I"M PSYCHIC!!! quick ask me something!!!
Will i kill everybody on the planet... I uh... I mean how long do you think Fox will be saddend by this? :D
I like this color/.
Join the Housepets! IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23HPRT&uio=d4 #HPRT
Rick Griffin-Pete Griffin. Brothers?
I love mods. Now shush before I drag one over here...
jaime117d

Post by jaime117d »

valerio wrote:
jaime117d wrote:welp it looks like it is time for the fall of the good 'ol dogs club
let's hope that Julius Gaius Fido can bring order to the wild wacky wasteland that will be the remnants of the club
Have fun!
Oh, the irony! Between the brave catlovers who may finally decide to come out and the ones who still admire and respect Fido, at next GODC's meeting there may be a LOT of vacant seats...
housepets! reenacting the Ides of March, in a kid friendly way
Fido: "Et tu,fox!"
alternatively
Fido: " "Et tu, bino!"
really take your pick for which fits best
https://www.fanfiction.net/~jaime117d is my fanfition account, if you feel like reading my stories then don't be suprised at the rather...lackluster...sheen to them
ElementalHero

Post by ElementalHero »

4-1? Wow, I always thought the roster was larger than that.
In The Name Of The Moon, I Will Punish Yo........ Oops! Wrong Superhero!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

The leaders of the GODC were in attendance only people, minus Fido... he would not be voting on his own demotion... And Fido COfounded the club with Bino. I believe one of the bylaws was no cat lovers, though I may be confusing that with a fanfic..

Well, let us see... we have Fox, King, Bailey, Sasha, Kevin, Ralph, possibly Rex, Peanut, Tiger, Grape, Max, Marvin, Tarot, and Zach at the VERY least who would remain friends with Fido.... I don't think he will be hurting in the friends department, though his ego and sense of self took a big hit.

Also, King will not be revealing anything for a LONG while yet.... and I don't see why people are so obsessed with the confession to Fox when King has yet to tell his WIFE about it. THAT is the one I am looking forward to seeing....
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Speaking of King, I know it's still a few months away, but is anyone else freaking out that every day that passes is a day closer to finding out if King will choose to remain a dog or turn human?
Tooths

Post by Tooths »

Iceheart wrote:Speaking of King, I know it's still a few months away, but is anyone else freaking out that every day that passes is a day closer to finding out if King will choose to remain a dog or turn human?
I am :!:
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely to the memory as the wish to forget it.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Iceheart wrote:Speaking of King, I know it's still a few months away, but is anyone else freaking out that every day that passes is a day closer to finding out if King will choose to remain a dog or turn human?
not me. I am sure he'll stay as he is and start a family, leaving his bitter past and self behind.
Liam

Post by Liam »

This development is the most interesting part of the arc yet.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

valerio wrote:
not me. I am sure he'll stay as he is and start a family, leaving his bitter past and self behind.
That's what I think too. King may be an awkward little corgi who gets raised eyebrows on how un-dog-like he is sometimes, but I feel that he's happier how he is now than he ever was during his time as a human.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

max7345 wrote:I feel that he's happier how he is now than he ever was during his time as a human.
Which is funny when you think about it, as the whole point of Joel/King's transformation is to generate feelings of discontent.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

jaime117d wrote:
valerio wrote:Oh, the irony! Between the brave catlovers who may finally decide to come out and the ones who still admire and respect Fido, at next GODC's meeting there may be a LOT of vacant seats...
housepets! reenacting the Ides of March, in a kid friendly way
Fido: "Et tu,fox!"
alternatively
Fido: " "Et tu, bino!"
really take your pick for which fits best
We'll have to wait until it's actually March (Simpson) to see that storyline.

And, valerio, do you really think that cat lovers are that common?
Xane wrote:For someone so smart, Fox sure has let other people do most of the thinking for him.

Maybe this'll be what changes that.
Muninn wrote:BTW, sad Fox is so cute in panel one. But..poor kid needs to start thinking for himself. This isn't the first time he's been hurt by letting others, esp. Bino think for him (r.e., Sasha)
I recall Gren being displeased at how Fox changed from being of Bino's goons early in the comic to becoming a more level-headed samaritan.
Then again, Rex also turned to become more calm and intelligent than in his first appereances
valerio wrote:I am sure he'll stay as he is and start a family, leaving his bitter past and self behind.
I am preocuppied: Does Joel really have NOTHING AND NO ONE to return to?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Silly Zealot wrote:I am preocuppied: Does Joel really have NOTHING AND NO ONE to return to?
Don't know. The other guy from PETA, a coming trial, many questions how he disappeared, some time in jail, ...
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

valerio wrote:I am sure he'll stay as he is and start a family, leaving his bitter past and self behind.
Silly Zealot wrote:I am preocuppied: Does Joel really have NOTHING AND NO ONE to return to?
That's been bugging me since his relationship with Bailey began as well. From what little we've seen, Joel didn't have the happiest life. And even if there's no one for him to go back to, that still brings up the issue of his true self being hidden from his best friend and now wife. Isn't that pretty much living a lie?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

At this point, I think the only thing waiting for him as a human is an extended prison stay. He was turned into a dog literally moments before his trial, and while I'm not versed in the law in any way apart from the common knowledge of what is/isn't considered legal, I think escaping the holding cells would be considered an admission of guilt and on grounds for serving an extended sentence just as much as escaping an actual prison would be.
valerio

Post by valerio »

D-Rock wrote:
That's been bugging me since his relationship with Bailey began as well. From what little we've seen, Joel didn't have the happiest life. And even if there's no one for him to go back to, that still brings up the issue of his true self being hidden from his best friend and now wife. Isn't that pretty much living a lie?
Depends: If King is living his current life in the hope of turning back into a human, disgusted and/or quite upset by this new existence, then yes, this life's a lie.
But so far everything is proving he has fully accepted his new condition, his new life, his friend and has voluntarily married a dog. In this there is no lie. Whoever he was BEFORE that and whatever he has done belong to a past that has no reason to be brought up again, for it would cause useless misery only.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I mean besides jail!
Doesn't Joel have relatives? A house? A rad lavalamp he left at his apartment, at least?
He seemed to be around his late 20s or early 30s. One does not simply live thirty years without building themselves a lifestyle.
valerio wrote:Depends: If King is living his current life in the hope of turning back into a human, disgusted and/or quite upset by this new existence, then yes, this life's a lie.
But so far everything is proving he has fully accepted his new condition, his new life, his friend and has voluntarily married a dog. In this there is no lie. Whoever he was BEFORE that and whatever he has done belong to a past that has no reason to be brought up again, for it would cause useless misery only.
Marriages that live under the premise of "what my wife does not know won't hurt her." are not famed for being very prosperous.
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Eemi

Post by Eemi »

Do the cats care about someone bieng a catlover? Or a cat liking a dog? It doesn't seem to be so big issue for them.
My avatar was drawn by my awesome friend tttiitu. http://tttiitu.deviantart.com/
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Silly Zealot wrote:I recall Gren being displeased at how Fox changed from being of Bino's goons early in the comic to becoming a more level-headed samaritan.
Speaking of Gren I know this is off topic and maybe it's just me, but does anyone miss him right now? I know I do.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Gren's computer died, so he won't be on much for a while...

Rick, I love what you are doing with this one. :D The characters really shine through here
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

100th post!
:D
Xane wrote:
Gamewolf67 wrote:Xane how do you always get second comment?
By not trying to.

Early comments tend to get overlooked anyway. I get more responses if I post later.

I think Fido and Fox and King and Peanut and all the other dogs who aren't complete jerks need to start a new club.
How about the cats make a club?
Feel my icy wrath!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Gamewolf67 wrote:How about the cats make a club?
...and then Babylon Gardens was precipitated into a civil war. The fur will fly!
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Gamewolf67 wrote:How about the cats make a club?
I though about this idea. They have already a place where meet (it's where Maxwell and Grape had their first meeting), so the thing could be done. Would be great to have a cats club that accepts cat-lovers dogs, to give a tollerance and freedom lesson to the dogs' one.
valerio wrote:...and then Babylon Gardens was precipitated into a civil war. The fur will fly!
They haven't to become rival clubs, each one stays on its own place. Has been enough have that epic water guns war. ;)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Cesco, considering that one of those clubs is run by BINO...and it would come as no surprise if the other was run by MAXWELL, how long before somepet buys a "Davy Crockett" RPG??
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh yeah, Bino and Maxwell are great rivals, but living together in the same house with the same parents, they already know and maybe tolerate eachother... No, bad idea, actually could born something worse than that water guns war. Let's keep the thing as they are. As said before, the cats have their meeting place, it's already a sort of unofficial club.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

If he does have anyone who wonders where he is (which I don't think he does), as far as they're concerned he escaped from jail before his trial and is on the run from the law, and therefore is unlikely to contact them
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Xane wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
I am preocuppied: Does Joel really have NOTHING AND NO ONE to return to?
Yeah this still bugs me, I guess his backstory and the hints that he's been in jail before and otherwise had a bad lot in life were supposed to make it less freaky that he's been dragged away from his family and friends with zero explanation. If his parents were abusive and he was a loner that only makes it slightly less upsetting. I wonder whether they think he's dead at this point since he's been gone for so long. Not to mention all his stuff is probably long sold-off or thrown out by his landlord.

Forced transformations are one of my phobias though. :shock:
Well, what do you know? I've been afraid of transformations since I was little! Being crazy does that sometimes!

As far as we know, Joel's parents were abusive towards his pets, but he still got to go to college, so he did not have such a bad life!

RatHead

Post by RatHead »

spyderwolf wrote:
RatHead wrote:i would be a liar if i said i didn't expect this, infact i expected someting JUST LIKE this.. wait! i guess I"M PSYCHIC!!! quick ask me something!!!
Will i kill everybody on the planet... I uh... I mean how long do you think Fox will be saddend by this? :D
*psy-kicking it* You will cause a great deal of pain and suffering; there will be great sadness and grief over many who will be lost, the color Vermilion shall dominate and you will be king of the wor- *Ahem...* I mean Yes; Fox will be saddened for a long while, thought the friendship will not break forever. *Blinks*

HP! Messenger
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Xane wrote:
copper wrote:The leaders of the GODC were in attendance only people, minus Fido... he would not be voting on his own demotion... And Fido COfounded the club with Bino. I believe one of the bylaws was no cat lovers, though I may be confusing that with a fanfic..
"I told you our stance on cats is neutral"
Of course that means not harassing cats, not necessarily being a cat-lover. Bino stated that cat lovers are against the rules but that doesn't mean that he didn't make it a rule after Fido left.
It is indeed in the club's bylaws, look here.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

RatHead wrote:*Ahem...*Blinks*
I wouldn't do that if I were you...

Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Ninkurou

Joel

Post by Ninkurou »

Yes, thats Is also bugging me, of course Joel MUST have someone or something from his human days left behind, he can't simple had lived 20 or 30 years, without a single parent, a without never having a single friend, a single possession, nothing. Nobody is that lonely. Even the most timid man has friends at least on the internet. (And nobody can play D&D in college alone...)

He was not just born at the moment that he kidnaped Fox, there must be something back...

Come faster end of 2014! I want to see how the King's Quest end!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

friends come and go, maybe his college friends lost touch with him after he left. There are some people who don't have close friends for short stretches of their life, and Joel seemed to be in one of those stretches.

as for parents, from what we know about Joel's they weren't necessarily the type that Joel would really care about seeing again, and even if they were we don;\'t know for sure that they're still alive.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets