So, question about space

Discuss the comic here
Pecan
Game Master

So, question about space

Post by Pecan »

Or more specifically, constellations. Obviously there are quite a few constellations in the sky that are named after animals that they look like... in our world, at least. But what about Housepets? As animals walk upright, some of the constellations may not look like the animal in question anymore. Are they named something else, or non-existent? Or maybe they even look different here, to keep the legends behind them existent?
Does anyone know for sure, and if not, well then what do you think?
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
valerio

Re: So, question about space

Post by valerio »

Pecan wrote:Or more specifically, constellations. Obviously there are quite a few constellations in the sky that are named after animals that they look like... in our world, at least. But what about Housepets? As animals walk upright, some of the constellations may not look like the animal in question anymore. Are they named something else, or non-existent? Or maybe they even look different here, to keep the legends behind them existent?
Constellations are the fruit of their beholders' fantasy. They even vary from civilization to civilization, so you can basically invent everything that fits both animals and humans alike. I have no problems imagining HPverse animals making their own reference points in the sky. It also stands to logic that with time the animals currently living as pets have learned to refer to the constellations as humans made them.
The hoofed mammals and the lizards and any other non-bipedal life form look and move like the ones in our universe, so their constellations stand.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Pecan wrote:Or more specifically, constellations. Obviously there are quite a few constellations in the sky that are named after animals that they look like... in our world, at least. But what about Housepets? As animals walk upright, some of the constellations may not look like the animal in question anymore. Are they named something else, or non-existent? Or maybe they even look different here, to keep the legends behind them existent?
Constellations look almost nothing like what they're supposed to be of. I'm sure they drew whatever the heck conclusions they wanted. I'm not sure how this world would be different. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Gren

Post by Gren »

Here's one

The three wise men

(Photo taken by Peanut. He seems to be an amateur astronomer when he's not drawing Spot or disturbing Grape)
ImageImage
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

Gren wrote:Here's one

The three wise men

(Photo taken by Peanut. He seems to be an amateur astronomer when he's not drawing Spot or disturbing Grape)
Oh how that made me laugh.
Did you know my friends call me "The Great Pontificator"! Or was it "The Great Time Waster"?

twitter: https://twitter.com/aBritishfox

Sometimes, being a Sentient Inflatable means air is the only answer for true happiness
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sleet wrote:
Constellations look almost nothing like what they're supposed to be of. I'm sure they drew whatever the heck conclusions they wanted. I'm not sure how this world would be different. :P
This.